Parade

Guest Private

Guest SSS Drama Club

Hi,

The parade is Sunday @ 2p.

FYI - SSS Drama Club's Cast of High School Musical will be performing at the parade. Come and support us.

Thanks!

Guest concerned
:ninja: I would like to know why this information, unlike every year since I was a child ( 40+ years ) was not in the OBSERVER ? Maybe this type of information is not newsworthy!!!!!

Guest Apples, Not Oranges
I think Saint Patrick's parade is a violation of my freedom of speech because I am not catholic! I will have to call Paul and the ACLU will sue the town!

Quite the contrary. Any group can have a parade. If you don't agree with St. Pat's, then have your own parade down the avenue. As long as the rules are the same for everyone. You joke, but it's actually the ACLU that has defended that First Amendment principle.

Guest Guest
I think Saint Patrick's parade is a violation of my freedom of speech because I am not catholic! I will have to call Paul and the ACLU will sue the town!

I doubt that Paul or the ACLU will take up your crusade. The St. Patrick's day parade does not violate separation of church and state. It is sponsored by a private organization, which has every right to do so. The town issues a permit, and the high school band participates. As long as they afford equal access to others who may put on parades, without favoring or disfavoring on the basis of religion, there is nothing wrong with it.

It's discouraging to see the continual, childish baiting displayed in the above post. It would be one thing if people like this "Guest" understood the issue, but obviously they do not. Getting through to people like this is like potty training, apparently --- you have to be persistent.

I doubt that Paul or the ACLU will take up your crusade. The St. Patrick's day parade does not violate separation of church and state. It is sponsored by a private organization, which has every right to do so. The town issues a permit, and the high school band participates. As long as they afford equal access to others who may put on parades, without favoring or disfavoring on the basis of religion, there is nothing wrong with it.

It's discouraging to see the continual, childish baiting displayed in the above post. It would be one thing if people like this "Guest" understood the issue, but obviously they do not. Getting through to people like this is like potty training, apparently --- you have to be persistent.

Well said.