Harrison Community Coalition

stevenadler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mayor McDonough

Oh boy, these pesky landowners don't want me making a profit off of their land. So what the redevelopment board violates state law. In Harrison, I make the law and I say it doesn't. "Tom, take care of this for me. I pay you enough and I arranged for those votes to get you two homes instead of one."

Guest Harrison Resident

Read Page 10 of the Petition at the bottom

NJSA 40A:12A-1 "no more than two commissioners shall be officers or employees of the municipality"

If that is the law, then all the work the contracts the redevelopment agency handed out can be challenged as being illegal.

Wow!

Guest Soccer Fan

Does this mean that the MetroStars are not coming to Harrison? I thought it was a stupid idea anyway since the MetroStars are dying anyway. Bringing them to Harrison is not going to revive the team and they only play a dozen games a year what else was the stadium going to be used for. To hold fundraisers for Mayor McDonough? Why is the Mayor so anxious to give away the farm. The Letter to the Editor makes a lot of sense, why are these billionaires asking Harrison to bond for them. Let the owners of MetroStars put their money where their mouth is.

Guest Guest

Warner Brothers is coming back. They are making a Bugs Bunny remake. Tom Powell is playing Elmer Fudd and The Mayor is playing Foghorn Leghorn.

Guest Guest

The Guyon Complex and PSEG is full of contamination. PSEG is cleaning up by the river and Mayor McDonough has not done any environmental studies. McDonough is just buying time till his retirement and trying to take some cash with him when he goes. He may not make it.

Guest Mr.X

I understand why some of you people are bitter, but some of your points are really bad . First, I really do believe that they have plans for the traffic around the area. (If not then this project would not even get this far, and I would agree that they are idiots.) You must realize the size of the area that is being redeveloped. Do you know how many streets and parking garages can be added in that area. Second, we all know that the Metrostars only have a certain number of games each year. But the best part of the new venue is that we can now have concerts, fairs, flea markets, etc. This stadium WILL bring new business to the area, and not just jobs in the stadium but also more stores in that vicinity. This will actually help Harrison financially, and possibly help ease the taxes on residents. In the long run, I think that the stadium will be more good then bad.

The main reason that I feel this is a good idea, is that the area in question has been a blemish on the face of Harrison for years. If not the staium, I would like to hear some suggestions of what should be done there. Or would you rather it just look like $#it forever?

Guest member 001
I understand why some of you people are bitter, but some of your points are really bad .
Lets see, I'll answer them as you go along and follow up if you think I'm wrong!
  First, I really do believe that they have plans for the traffic around the area. (If not then this project would not even get this far, and I would agree that they are idiots.)
Yes, they have plans about traffic, but no they haven't been updated since 2000. They talk about opening another exit off rte 280, but thats not reasonable in the states eyes because there is something in the DOT (Dept. of Transportation) where if there is a ramp within in a mile, they are not putting new ones, budget reasons. So we can forget about the state of NJ putting a new ramp. Then they talk about another bridge leading into Newark on Raymond BLVD. Well, my personal opinion asks do we really need another way for Newarks trash to enter Harrison. We don't have enough problems?? Besides the State is in such financial problems, that they just can't afford another bridge, and it would take years of studies by the state to prove they need another bridge, way after the stadium would be built. Plain and simple you add a few more thousand residents, and you have a lot more traffic and no research has been done by the town since 2000. The developer says don't worry and thats exactly what the mayor and council want to hear, but the developer is just making a profit and leaving (problems behind).
  You must realize the size of the area that is being redeveloped. Do you know how many streets and parking garages can be added in that area.
By only Three developers, now 4; say one goes bankrupt in between? A job left half done. This Harrison Community Coalition believes our residents and property owners should be able to devlope them-selves in acordinance to the master plan.
  Second, we all know that the Metrostars only have a certain number of games each year. But the best part of the new venue is that we can now have concerts, fairs, flea markets, etc.
Like the Newark Bears stadium? When was the last concert you went to in the three years the newark bears had their stadium??
This stadium WILL bring new business to the area, and not just jobs in the stadium
This stadium will not offer one job to one Harrison resident. These stadiums use companies like ARAMARK ( a name you should be familiar if you have ever gone to a professional stadium. Think about it who will be hired for 12 days of the year??
  but also more stores in that vicinity.
Come on, not because of the Metro stars, but because of a redevelopment(if done right)
  This will actually help Harrison financially, and possibly help ease the taxes on residents.
I don't know the proper wording, but the town give incentives and tells these developers, like the metro stars that they wont have to pay taxes. That helps draw them here. So now you take away a tax payer and bring an outsider who doesn't pay taxes!!
  In the long run, I think that the stadium will be more good then bad.
After what I said do you honestly still believe that, or are you told to believe that. I stopped believing the lies I'm told to believe and I stopped attending the fund raisers!!
The main reason that I feel this is a good idea, is that the area in question has been a blemish on the face of Harrison for years. If not the staium, I would like to hear some suggestions of what should be done there. Or would you rather it just look like $#it forever?
Oh I think it needs a face lift, but I think as a resident and property owner!!!, I should have a right to keep my property and fix it up my-self, or any other property owner should have the same right.

Guest member 001

Few details were available at the Mayor and Council meeting in July which gave

developer the Advanced Group a tax abatement in exchange for the company giving up its redevelopment rights

to the area now designated for the MetroStar stadium.

Guest Board Member

There is a Harrison Redevelopment meeting tonight. Maybe some of you guys should go there and ask some questions.

Guest Guest
Board Member

Posted on May 10 2004, 02:34 PM

There is a Harrison Redevelopment meeting tonight. Maybe some of you guys should go there and ask some questions. 

No there was not, Thomas. It looks like the mayor got a little scared with the recent remarks posted on the site. Politics as usual in Harrison. Feel a little heat, run and hide until it blows over. Not on this one.

Guest Lewis

The Harrison Redevelopment Agency meeting was cancelled tonight. The Mayor and his illegally formed board met behind closed doors attempting to put together a response to the recently released Petition to the Local Finance Board to dissolve their agency. Attorney Greg Castano was putting together an affidavit attempting to negate the statements that were attributed to him in the petition. Castano who has made over $500,000 from representing the Board since its inception plans on denying that the transcript from the Local Finance Board is really what he said. The Local Finance Board is apparently moving away from backing the Harrison Redevelopment Agency so as to not get in the crossfire of this out of control and illegal enterprise. Where is our local media, the Jersey Journal and the Observer, no where to be found. Hey editors where are your reporters this is a BIG story. Are the reporters in the pockets of the Mayor as well?

Guest Clark

Mayor McDonough, Tom Powell, Peter Higgins, Anthony Comprelli, James Fife, Robert Garrison, Rodrigo Margues:

We know that all or most of you read this board, tell us are the allegations made in the Petition true? Why was the meeting cancelled yesterday?

Guest HA HA HA HA

Run Forrest, Run!! :lol::P:D:lol: Do you think this Mayor will hold on to his two years that are left?!? I hope not. Now the question lays that will he be evicted or walk off. I hope he just puts his tail between his legs and through in the towel. My guess is that his brother in-law (Robin) and Castano (Batman) will flee down the shore too? I don't think that James (Harrison Realty) will be selling the home On jersey street though.

Don't worry about the newspapers. I believe Steven Should Have a Press release or two coming up.... :o:lol:;)

So this year Re-cap

1-Mayor Lies about Police promotion and the State approving it

2-Mayor gets caught forming an illegal re-revelopment Board and Illegal redevelopment Zone, for that matter. (ANYONE EFFECTED SHOULD SUE THE TOWN FOR THE STRESS THEY MIGHT HAVE SUFFERED)

3-Mayor getting to be known for hiding when under heat, I wonder if he likes cheese, I think he's a singer..

4-......(help me with this list)....

:lol::P:lol:

Guest Guest

If your going to drag Rodrigo Marques into this can you at least write in portuguese? Everyone knows Mr. Marques doesn't even speak english.

Guest Amigo

He doesn't have to read, write or speak English. Mayor McDonough taught him how to say "Yes" and "No" so he knows how to vote.

Guest McDumbass

Thats what you get when you have a non-educated mayor, mistakes and lies lies lies. I'm A LIER BABY SO WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO ME>

Archived