Harrison Community Coalition

stevenadler

Guest MR. X

Here are my responses, and please know that I am just playing devil's advocate, I am not whole heartedly behind this project. I just think it will add something to Harrison.

Yes, they have plans about traffic, but no they haven't been updated since 2000.

How do you know that they have not been updated? And how do you know that new plans are not being looked at for this project?

By only Three developers, now 4; say one goes bankrupt in between? A job left half done. This Harrison Community Coalition believes our residents and property owners should be able to devlope them-selves in acordinance to the master plan.

You obviously did not get my point hear. I meant that in this area many streets can be added which will help ease traffic, although only slightly.

Like the Newark Bears stadium? When was the last concert you went to in the three years the newark bears had their stadium??

A baseball stadium is much different than a soccer stadium. There is much more room for a stage or even other events. The bears stadium is not a great venue for these things.

This stadium will not offer one job to one Harrison resident. These stadiums use companies like ARAMARK ( a name you should be familiar if you have ever gone to a professional stadium. Think about it who will be hired for 12 days of the year??

Actually there are some town residents who currently work for Arammark, but there are all sorts of other jobs besides vendors, but I am not going to get specific on this one.

Come on, not because of the Metro stars, but because of a redevelopment(if done right)

Of course not. I meant the redevelopment. They propsed a commercial area as well. (I don't know if you have seen the pictures, they were quite impressive, but they may only be a dream)

After what I said do you honestly still believe that, or are you told to believe that. I stopped believing the lies I'm told to believe and I stopped attending the fund raisers!!

If utilized properly, yes. But then again this is Harrison, and everything falls through.

Oh I think it needs a face lift, but I think as a resident and property owner!!!, I should have a right to keep my property and fix it up my-self, or any other property owner should have the same right.

Yeah, but that's not your property, and you still have not offered a suggestion.

I think that even without the stadium they should at least add some streets to that area. Or do something with it. I am just tired of Harrison look like a garbage dump.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
How do you know that they have not been updated? And how do you know that new plans are not being looked at for this project?
I have the most up to date Re-development plan and it has no change in it. Nor has the matter been brought up in any redevelopment meeting!!
You obviously did not get my point hear. I meant that in this area many streets can be added which will help ease traffic, although only slightly.
go to the town hall, basement floor and ask for a copy of the re-development plan. You will see that Harrison has 4 main entrances. Harrison Ave, FER BLVD, and a few side streets that have traffic problems. all the new streets just lead in to the 3 streets I just listed. Not helping the traffic problem.
A baseball stadium is much different than a soccer stadium. There is much more room for a stage or even other events. The bears stadium is not a great venue for these things.
I know and as a Harrison resident and tax payer I'm not a big fan of the stadium. I love the metro stars, I just think I shouldn't have to pay for it nor should the town be responsible for it unless the town owned it.
Actually there are some town residents who currently work for Arammark, but there are all sorts of other jobs besides vendors, but I am not going to get specific on this one.
Then it wouldn't be a new job if they already work there. 12 games 12 days of work. Come on.....
Yeah, but that's not your property, and you still have not offered a suggestion.
That piece may not be, but I'm still effected by it. Let the people who own have first right.
I think that even without the stadium they should at least add some streets to that area. Or do something with it. I am just tired of Harrison look like a garbage dump.
Me too. I couldn't agree more. This town needs a face lift. As a believer of this coalition, I say again the people of Harrison should take more of an active role. This mayor can leave us and go down the shore in a heart beat. Why should we pay??
Of course not. I meant the redevelopment. They propsed a commercial area as well. (I don't know if you have seen the pictures, they were quite impressive, but they may only be a dream)
yeah, the photos look nice. So they take 1/3 of the town and give it to the first developers who come with pretty drawings of what could be, but what about all the people who are currently in this redevelopment zone???? No rights...... Take a building and make it a parking garage. Thats whats there now, but let the developer make money of it and not the property owner who's had it for years.BS. Take a property away from someone who's suffered from Harrison's failures and now give it to some stranger for them to reap the $$$$.BS. This redevelopment plan needs work. I hope It's all illegal anyway. This mayor should know how to get this done in a business sence way.

Guest HarrisonWd2

2115.1. Harrison Community Coalition

by HarrisonWd2, 5/13/04 22:57 ET

Re: Harrison Redevelopment

Harrison Community Coalition Is made up of a mixture of 1).property owners,2). business owners, 3).people who work in the town and will get affected by the redevelopment.

Let me clarify this, the Mayor is not be a member, because he doesn't fall into any of these categories!!!!!

1).He doesn't own a House in Harrison, he rents (owns a house down the shore). 2).He doesn't work in town, he works for PVSC as do most his friends and half the town council(Harrison Mayor is Part-time, hence the small amount of pay). AND

3).He doesn't own a business in town(thats why he can not make a business decision to benefit the TOWN and it's Commerce!)!!!

---Harrison Community Coalition is tired of hearing Lies from the Mayor and his team of puppets, the Movie Studios are not coming to Harrison, the redevelopment is being rushed by outside developers with no co-operation from the property owners, business owners, or people who work in the town.

Thats just not right...

The Be-hive Town of Harrison seems to have run out of honey. Work with the Harrison Community Coalition to do it right.

info@harrisoncommunity.org.

Harrison Community Coalition

P.O. Box 549

308 Middlesex St

Harrison, NJ 07029

(973) 483-1800

Guest Guest

So did the mayor buy the reporters to. I read the Petition and if I were a reporter I would be thinking there is enough here for a series and maybe I can become famous for writing the articles that exposed it. But no newspaper has picked up the story? Why?

The Harrison residents better wake up and raise up.

These people want to GRAB 1/3 of the Town and sell it to their friends, if they do it to 1/3 today they can do it to the rest tomorrow, NO ONE'S PROPERTY IS SAFE.

Guest Guest

For the same reason the newspapers refuse to print anything about the inflated salaries at the Fire Department and the daily liquid lunches they have. What about the towns arson investigator who makes over $100,000.00 and is seen in town about once a month. The one cop who was on drugs was front page news but the seven or eight firemen that were arrested for drugs and fired never even made a mention in the paper. SELECTIVE JOURNALISM CONTROLLED BY THE POLITICIANS IS THE ONLY ANSWER. THESE PUBLICATIONS HAVE NO GUTS AND PRINT ONLY WHAT THE POLITICOS WANT YOU TO HEAR.

Guest Guest

WHEN DID THE 30 DAY COUNTDOWN BEGIN. MR. CASTANO WAS GIVEN 30DAYS TO STRAIGHTEN THIS MESS OUT. LETS SAY IT WAS TUESDAY, THE NIGHT THE MEETING WAS CANCELLED. 27 DAYS LEFT........FEEL THE HEAT??????

Guest Guest

nice disguise mr. adler, not resident , parking lot landloard, must be afraid of losing some income your making on the residents of harrison, you carpetbagger. anykind of misinformation to protect your parking lot intrest in this town.

Guest ////////

Steven my boy you'll cut a deal with the Mayor and sell your soul too. Weather you like the idea or not your out. just face it!!////////

Guest DEAR TONY ATTRINO

I AM FOR A REDEVELOPMENT, BUT AGAINST THE PLAN THEY ADOPTED AND THE WAY THE TOWN IS PROCEEDING. IN THE ARTICLE YOU MAKE THE COALITION LOOK BAD. READ OUR PETITION:http://www.harrisoncommunity.org

Read Page 10 of the Petition at the bottom

NJSA 40A:12A-1 "no more than two commissioners shall be officers or employees of the municipality"

If that is the law, then all the work the contracts the redevelopment agency handed out can be challenged as being illegal.

THE TOWN JUST NOW ARE RUNNING CONTAMINATION STUDIES.

TRAFFIC STUDDIES ARE STILL NOT IN PROGRESS.

I INVITE YOU TO GO TO THE NEXT RE-DEVELOPMENT MEETING, FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH IN THE WATER DEPARTMENT BUILDING.

THIS RE-DEVELOPMENT IS A RUN AWAY TRAIN. NO BIDDING, GIVE ME THE JOB AND WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN???? THIS MAYOR DOESN'T EVEN PAY PROPERTY TAXES IN TOWN, BUT THE PROPERTY TAX PAYERS WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS METROSTAR STADIUM!!!

SIGNED

JANE DOE

Guest GRACE in space

NJSA 40A:12A-1 "no more than two commissioners shall be officers or employees of the municipality"

If that is the law, then all the work the contracts the redevelopment agency handed out can be challenged as being illegal.

THE TOWN JUST NOW ARE RUNNING CONTAMINATION STUDIES.

TRAFFIC STUDDIES ARE STILL NOT IN PROGRESS.

I INVITE YOU TO GO TO THE NEXT RE-DEVELOPMENT MEETING, FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH IN THE WATER DEPARTMENT BUILDING.

THIS RE-DEVELOPMENT IS A RUN AWAY TRAIN. NO BIDDING, GIVE ME THE JOB AND WHAT DO I GET IN RETURN???? THIS MAYOR DOESN'T EVEN PAY PROPERTY TAXES IN TOWN, BUT THE PROPERTY TAX PAYERS WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS METROSTAR STADIUM!!!

SIGNED

JANE DOE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Doe,

I understand the concept of your community coalition, and I sincerely sympathize. What we, as citizens of this great community, need to do is break through our fear. These people are mere mortals. We give them much more power than they truly have. I have a very important question, is there an attorney in your organization who can advise you as to what steps could or should be taken? If not, you need to consult one and find out what is truly going on and what can be done. There must be at least one citizen of this town who is an attorney and even if he/she is not familiar with this type of work, they must know someone that they can refer you to who is willing to pro bono work. The problem as I see it is if we do NOT get organized as a community and truly believe that we, the people, can get things done, it WILL NOT happen. We have the power, not Mr. Mayor. He is only one person. We are many. Remember: Human beings can do truly incredible things.

Sincerely,

Grace

Guest AngryTaxPayer

If all of this redevelopment is supposed to be so great for the town of Harrison, why did I just read in the paper today that taxes are being raised 400 dollars!!!!!!!???????? I am getting tired of this!!!!!! I guess its to pay for the new fire capts. and other firemen that we don't even need!!! When is something going to be done about this??????

Guest Guest
When is something going to be done about this??????
When you convince enough people to turn on the hands that feed them. VOTE IN A WHOLE NEW SLATE, 2006 IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.DON'T KEEP ANYONE IN OFFICE. A WHOLE NEW SLATE.

Archived