Re-develpoment

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I would like to know how all this re-development is going to help the citizens of

Harrison? how many jobs are going to be created for local people? how much low income housing will be made available? WILL TAXES GO DOWN? ISN'T

ALL THE LAND ALONG THE PASSAIC RIVER CONTAMINATED ? HOW WILL OUR POLICE DEPT. HANDLE THE INCREASE IN TRAFFIC? WHEN ROUTE 280 WAS BUILT , WE WERE TOLD IT WAS FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR TOWN! WHAT A JOKE! OUR TOWN IS A NIGHTMARE! WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OUR SMALL MOM

AND POP STORES? THE SIDEWALKS ARE LITTERED WITH GARBAGE, THE SMELLS EMINNATING FROM SOME OF THE NEW STORES ARE REALLY OBNOXIOUS! WHAT HAPPENED TO HARRISON ? WHEN IWAS IN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM , WE DIDNT NEED POLICE OFFICERS IN OUR SCHOOLS !

HARRISON IS NOW KNOWN AS THE TOWN WITH A BODEGA, AND A BEAUTY

PARLOR AND STOREFRONT CHURCH ON EVERY BLOCK!!!!!

Guest ha ha ha ha

It's going to help the mayor and his people. :):P:lol: The Higins family, the Powell family, and all the council boyz who work at PVSD. Then, when we realize this was a mistake, they'll be down the shore with a full pension. AND THATS NO JOKE Who will be left here?? Artie, Michael, Carol, Danny, Victor, Jimmy, Disalvo (if he's alive), Rodgers.....oh god help us!! :lol::P:lol::P

Guest Guest

So why don't you do something instead of sitting back and crying? Were you at tonights Redevelopment meeting? I doubt it, unless you voice yourself and hit them where it hurts your not going to get anywhere. How about the State Attorney Generals Office, i am sure he would love to have some heat taken off of him, why don't you call up Harvey, state your case, and hope he comes storming up the parkway with the Troopers and a few sets of handcuffs.

PS the day that they do come with the handcuffs, can someone ring the church bells, i can't wait to take the pictures.

Guest ha ha ha ha

There was a redevelopment meeting held tonight? Were the seats still sticky? :lol:

Why is it that the meetings are no longer announced? They should be posted somewhere online or in the paper at least. Harrison Business as usual, keep it all under wraps.

Why aren't the meetings held in the Town Hall Council Chamber? That way its in the center of town where everyone can attend, and that way no one runs the risk of catching anything from extra curricular activities that the employees talk about on this site.

:)

Guest ha ha ha ha

:):D:lol: Who ever responded with ha ha ha ha just now take a step back!! I won't register, but your not me.

:lol::D:lol: you might wanna be :P:D:P

So why don't you do something instead of sitting back and crying?
Oh believe me, I am! the $h!t will hit the fan soon baby and I can't wait. I sign on as ha ha ha ha, because Harrison has become a hell of a joke. I can't wait to all you supporters of this council start crying and the mayor is sipping a margarita down the shore
Were you at tonights Redevelopment meeting? I doubt it, unless you voice yourself and hit them where it hurts your not going to get anywhere.
Oh there was a meeting tonight?? ha ha ha ha :P:D:lol: who is to know???
How about the State Attorney Generals Office, i am sure he would love to have some heat taken off of him, why don't you call up Harvey, state your case,
why do yo mention him? maybe I have already??
and hope he comes storming up the parkway with the Troopers and a few sets of handcuffs.
Well, he's not coming storming, but Elmer Fudd and the loony tunes will soon be guest of his!!
PS the day that they do come with the handcuffs, can someone ring the church bells, i can't wait to take the pictures.
oh it will be in the papers ha ha ha ha :lol::D:P:lol::D:P:D:lol:

Guest mrs. Clark

The Jersey Journal

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

TOWN OF HARRISON

NOTICE OF CONTRACT AWARD

The town of Harrison Redevelopment Agency has awarded contracts without competitive bidding for Extraordinary, Unspecifiable Services and Professional Services pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5(1)(a).  This contract and the resolutions authorizing it available for public inspection in the office of the Town Clerk.

Awarded to:Hatch Mott MacDonald

27 Bleeker Street

Millburn, New Jersey 07041

Services: Engineering Services

Cost: Not to exceed $40,000.00

Paul J. Zarbetski

Town Clerk

Can someone please tell me what this means?? but go figure, Harrison involved in awarding "contracts without competitive bidding for Extraordinary, Unspecifiable Services and Professional Services".

Guest Robin Hood_Guest
Posted on Apr 13 2004, 03:06 PM

The Jersey Journal

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

TOWN OF HARRISON

NOTICE OF CONTRACT AWARD

The town of Harrison Redevelopment Agency has awarded contracts without competitive bidding for Extraordinary, Unspecifiable Services and Professional Services pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5(1)(a).  This contract and the resolutions authorizing it available for public inspection in the office of the Town Clerk.

Awarded to:Hatch Mott MacDonald

27 Bleeker Street

Millburn, New Jersey 07041

Services: Engineering Services

Cost: Not to exceed $40,000.00

Paul J. Zarbetski

Town Clerk

Well, the town is supposed to put to bid any job over $10,000 that is not an emergancy. So Paul J. Zarbetski and the town of Harrison is committing an illegal act by not putting this to bid. And they are doing it openly!! Can someone explain that to me?????? This mayor has big ones

Guest Top Dog

And what are you or anyone else going to do about it not going out for Bid? Identify yourself, so we can have Catchaone have a little sit down with you. If your lucky he will let you look up his ass-istants skirt before he shows you what happens to those who try to beat the system.

Guest Guest
She is pretty hot!!  Can I look up her skirt?  Please ?

Look only? I am sure you ***** **** ***** ****, ***** ********** ** ******** ** *********, I am sure anyone can have that. Today was a very busy day *** ****, after a road trip, the office *** ****** *** * **** ****, and you should have ****** *** ******.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for inappropriate content.

Guest Guest

When was the Redevelopment Office turned into a **** ** **********? Does the mayor allow this? Is he in on *** ****** ***? If there is payment involved for the services rendered is the town getting a portion of the proceeds to differ the cost of ******* **** *******, ** **** ** ****** ******?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for inappropriate content.

Guest Guest

Ronnie is only doing what the council allows him to do. After all he is one of the 9-10 people hired during the towns aid from the State, when legally the town was not allowed to hire anyone. Let him enjoy his short ride!!

Guest guest_Guest

in response to the comment about redevelopment and the police officer in the high school first of all you are just a blatant racist idiot and have no clue what is going on in the world the police officer is there as a police presence because this is the type of world we live in many if not all other high schools in the area have some type of security or police prescence it helps if there is anything that might happen have you heard of problems in other schools as well as colunbine this is in place to prevent those types of problems from happening not because there are problems and yes when the redevelopment comes to town it will help create ratables to lower taxes and of course there may need to be increase in police and fireman but also money coming in to pay for that and finally the bodega, foul smelling and store front churches coming in is a cause of progress and you should get to know those spanish speaking people they are hard working people like everyone else and if you really have a problem you shouldnt have moved out of town because the mass exodus of town residents is what cause this change that the smae people complain about

Guest Doran for Mayor

'Politics' is made up of two words, 'poli,' which is Greek for 'many,' and 'tics,' which are blood-sucking insects.

- Gore Vidal

This my fellow residents is why the redevelopment hasn't happened yet, and won't happened either. The McDonough’s, Powell’s, Higgins, and many others are just sitting back sucking this town dry. Boot them out of office, have them indicted, or deal with them.

PS. Don't forget to pay your taxes in the months to come, 80% of there families are employed by the town and they depend on your tax dollars to pay there salaries, town cars, and health benefits. And don’t forget your water coolers tomorrow, when you’re out working your constructing jobs in the 85-degree weather. Thanks again for not voting, because if you did perhaps your 90 percent majority would crush the 10 percent who run the town now.

I am sure the $90,000.00 per year fire department also appreciates your ignorance. And the police department that have been ticketing your pickup trucks which you use to make a living, they also love you all, As well as the convict turned department head, he must think about you all day long while he is getting a spit shine by one of your very own immigrants.

WAKE UP, and VOTE your one vote can make a difference.

Doran for Mayor 2006, along with an entire new slate.

Guest Guest
WAKE UP, and VOTE your one vote can make a difference.

Doran for Mayor 2006, along with an entire new slate.

Doran is the smartest one left on the council, but has sold his soul too. He has yet to step up to bat against this regime. He would like to win mayor, so he can have this redevelopment build many homes so he can sell them with HR. He would need a whole new slate. Not saving anyone who is their. Anyone!!, but I would vote for just about anyone who runs for Mayor, but I would rather not have Doran as Mayor. No BA!!s. To punt intended

Guest take a writing class

HOLY CRAP!!! Harrison High has/had decent English teachers. Did you people cut every class???? Put down the crack pipe and learn to write a sentence correctly. Ever hear of a period???

It hurts reading your posts......

• 1 year later...
Guest Town Resident
Peter Higgins and the Mayor will now have to allow the public to ask questions at the next Harrison redevelopment meeting.  Read this article, it applies to the Harrison redevelopment agency.

http://www.nj.com/statehouse/ledger/index....9700.xml&coll=1

One question that should be asked is; "How does the town plan to handle the thousands of new students that will be pouring into the school system from all these new homes. Considering that the schools are already over-crowded, it would appear that new schools will have to be built. That in itself will be a huge problem, where could new schools possibly be built without demolishing large tracts of existing homes.

Wouldn't this be an interesting scenario: Redevelopment creating thousands of new homes = Creating severe over-crowding of schools = Causing town to undertake building new schools = Forcing town to tear down existing homes for room to build new schools. Seem far-fetched ?? Don't count on it !!

Guest Miss Crabtree
One question that should be asked is; "How does the town plan to handle the thousands of new students that will be pouring into the school system from all these new homes. Considering that the schools are already over-crowded, it would appear that new schools will have to be built. That in itself will be a huge problem, where could new schools possibly be built without demolishing large tracts of existing homes. 

Wouldn't this be an interesting scenario:  Redevelopment creating thousands of new homes = Creating severe over-crowding of schools = Causing town to undertake building new schools = Forcing town to tear down existing homes for room to build new schools.  Seem far-fetched ??  Don't count on it !!

They tried that one already--why didn't that work??

Guest Town Resident

Every Harrison resident who reads KOTW should plan on attending the next redevelopment meeting. Now that residents in the audience can ask questions, we should turn out in force to get some answers to the many questions we all have. I want to know what the town plans to do about the flood of school kids that will be coming out of all these new homes.

The schools are already severly over-crowded now. How in the world can this town think it's a good idea to bring in all this new housing. You think you're paying high taxes now ?? Wait until the state tells the town to build new schools.

Archived