BOE INCOMPETENCE ONCE AGAIN

Guest Teachers

Guest Also a taxpayer!

From what I understand the lower rate was only for one year after that Aetna could and would raise the rates negating any savings and actually cost the taxpayers more over the course of the agreement !

Guest Watching & Waiting

The truth never comes out, you're nothing but full of $hit all the time. The best days are ahead when the REAL truth comes out and the State Police show up with a bus to pick up all you criminals, past and present. Then you will watch the real fiasco honey !

Oh please, we've been hearing this b.s. for at least a year now. Where are they already? State Police? Give me a break.

Guest Guest

Do you realize that the savings of $245,000 would only be true if every employee kept the plan they were currently in? Many, many teachers have opted for the less expensive (to both themselves and the district) Direct Access plan because their doctors participate. If the DO users switch to Aetna's traditional plan, it would cost the district over $2,000,000.

The cost for BC/BS was built into the most recent budget which fell within the 2% cap, so the decision (a wise one) to keep the better plan made a lot of sense.

The idea that our BOE and teachers' union are talking and negotiating is problem for you. Most of the problems in our school system began when vindictive people with axes to grind got themselves elected to the BOE. The fact that two groups can come together and discuss in a mature, intelligent way and come away with a decision that made sense to everyone involved, shows that things are looking forward in our district.

BTW - Ms. Lindenfelser did a great job explaining the process to all of us (about how the proposal for change came about) if things had proceeded to change, I would have felt much less confused and upset knowing the process. Thanks, Ms. Lindenfelser and the rest of the board who came to the table to talk and listen - a refreshing change from the past few years. :)

When the Question is posted on the ballot, we will see.

Like most years, county and municipal taxes will be down. BOEs will be up- substantially.

This will be a big part of it.

You decide.

Remember this during the next BOE election also.

Guest Public Advocate

Do you realize that the savings of $245,000 would only be true if every employee kept the plan they were currently in? Many, many teachers have opted for the less expensive (to both themselves and the district) Direct Access plan because their doctors participate. If the DO users switch to Aetna's traditional plan, it would cost the district over $2,000,000.

The cost for BC/BS was built into the most recent budget which fell within the 2% cap, so the decision (a wise one) to keep the better plan made a lot of sense.

The idea that our BOE and teachers' union are talking and negotiating is problem for you. Most of the problems in our school system began when vindictive people with axes to grind got themselves elected to the BOE. The fact that two groups can come together and discuss in a mature, intelligent way and come away with a decision that made sense to everyone involved, shows that things are looking forward in our district.

BTW - Ms. Lindenfelser did a great job explaining the process to all of us (about how the proposal for change came about) if things had proceeded to change, I would have felt much less confused and upset knowing the process. Thanks, Ms. Lindenfelser and the rest of the board who came to the table to talk and listen - a refreshing change from the past few years. :)

Right ?????? and none of ALL the bargaining units working for the BOE settled their contracts over the last year ????? and who was settled all those contracts? over the past few years............put your pom poms down and stop patting yourself on the back.

Ms. Lindenfelser should have NEVER had to explain "the process" if they took the time to review the health plan and 'think" about what they were doing in the first place. Seems they screwed up and than backed off when the heat was turned up. You just don't make that type of drastic change to the employees health insurance without having discussions with EVERYBODY!!!!!! All you cryers want committees to do everything, where was the committee to review the health insurance? Where was the KEA rep, where was a Rep from Admin, where was the "public" representative ? Oh, thats right there was none, but you "feel" less confused and upset now. Give me a break !!!

Guest Lil' PP

As a hard working taxpayer in town I am disgusted with the results. All the teachers in this town( Half dont even live here) and many others feel they are "intitled" to more money and benefits at the cost of the taxpayer.

We cannot afford this anymore!

When the rest of the state was making cuts for the past several years, Kearny kept giving their teachers raises. I now pay $14,000+ a year in taxes and have a crappy school system thats killing my home value. The NJ test scores show that our teachers and administration are failing to do their jobs.

Shame on you Board members that had the opportunity to save $250,000 of hard earned taxpayer dollars. Its obvious that the Board members that voted for this are not there for the taxpayers best interest. It looks like they are there to make friends and family rich.

What happened to the $4,000,000 in debt the school district is facing, and possible lay offs of 60+ teachers. Im guessing the board is going to make the taxpayer cough up the $4 mil and still have teachers that cant teach, as our kids fail the state testing year after year.

From what I read and heard at your meeting 87% of the teachers didnt have to switch doctors, and the plan was the same if not better than what they already have. So why not save money and jobs? I hope 60+ of you teachers have another job lined up when all of us taxpayers vote down your tax levy to save you.

Bop, bop, be de bop.

Guest Lil' PP

Hey dopey........Your the beneficiary in this equation!

Who are you calling dopey? It's "you're" not "your".

I guess we have to factor your limited brain power into the equation.

Guest Guest

Right ?????? and none of ALL the bargaining units working for the BOE settled their contracts over the last year ????? and who was settled all those contracts? over the past few years............put your pom poms down and stop patting yourself on the back.

Ms. Lindenfelser should have NEVER had to explain "the process" if they took the time to review the health plan and 'think" about what they were doing in the first place. Seems they screwed up and than backed off when the heat was turned up. You just don't make that type of drastic change to the employees health insurance without having discussions with EVERYBODY!!!!!! All you cryers want committees to do everything, where was the committee to review the health insurance? Where was the KEA rep, where was a Rep from Admin, where was the "public" representative ? Oh, thats right there was none, but you "feel" less confused and upset now. Give me a break !!!

You can stop beating that dead horse now.

Guest Guest

Like refusing to write College letters for seniors when you dont have contracts????? So much for "It's all about the Children"

People seem to forget that being a teacher isn't a life choice. It is a job. Why would people write letters or stay late for conferences or do anything extra if they aren't going to get paid for it? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Teachers have spouses, families, and possibly elderly parents to take care of. A vast majority of what the public expects them to do is extra; the teachers don't get paid for anything besides coaching or running clubs. Think of that the next time you get home from work and can actually leave work at home. I guarantee that while you're sitting on your couch watching reruns, your child's teacher is busy coming up with lesson plans or marking papers.