Kearny School Board of Ed Meeting

Guest kearny resident

The minutes are posted following formal approval of the board.  January's minutes will be posted following the February meeting.

I won't hold my breath on this one. The October Special Meeting was the last minutes posted on the website until last week. Now they've finally posted November and December.

No, but 150 supporters prayed before the meeting began and had to be moved to the auditorium by the fire department. :o

By the way, the board didn't kick them out for praying! :o Can you believe that? Maybe because they have freedom of religion and they also vote!

I couldn't get off work, and I wasn't going to lie and call in sick just to go, because that would be dishonest.

How utterly childish.

You work? I can't understand that! That's right Strife, you can say whatever you want here because people don't know who you are, but you are too afraid to speak in front of a crowd of 150 people or more who don't agree with your step son oops, I mean Matthew.

Guest At the meeting
It's sad to say that Mr. Pinho made a fool out of himself at that meeting.

He tried to draw a moral equivalency argument between the war in Iraq where people are dying because of religion and Mr. P. anwering religious questions.

Oh yeah! I can see the comparison. :o 

He showed disrespect by turning his back to the board and addressing the audience rather than them, they actually chided him for it.

You are right! Mr Pinho had nothing productive to say. It was shameful.

And some people pay him to defend them in court. ouch!!!  :o

What he said was that if we could instill the value of separation of church and state in Iraq by making schools neutral ground that most of the religious based violence could be stopped. You simply didn't get it. Mr. Pinho was the only one who spoke who wasn't a Mr. P supporter. He spoke to the audience trying to teach them why separation of church and state was good for free exercise of religion rather than a hinderance of same. I'm not sure the "religious" folk got it or wanted to get it. It seemed to me that there was a lot of people from Mr. P's church and very few Kearny residents.

You work?

Those reading comprehension classes seem to be paying off.

I can't understand that!

...or not.

That's right Strife, you can say whatever you want here because people don't know who you are, but you are too afraid to speak in front of a crowd of 150 people or more who don't agree with your step son oops, I mean Matthew.

Trying to convince yourself, sounds like--and talk to me about being "afraid" once you stop posting as an unregistered "Guest," okay? :o

Also, sounds like you think I'm Paul or somehow related to Matthew. I'm not. But I doubt you'll drop your precious conspiracy theory-ish ideas just because they're completely unsubstantiated and I myself contradicted them, am I right? :o

What he said was that if we could instill the value of separation of church and state in Iraq by making schools neutral ground that most of the religious based violence could be stopped.  You simply didn't get it.  Mr. Pinho was the only one who spoke who wasn't a Mr. P supporter.  He spoke to the audience trying to teach them why separation of church and state was good for free exercise of religion rather than a hinderance of same.  I'm not sure the "religious" folk got it or wanted to get it.  It seemed to me that there was a lot of people from Mr. P's church and very few Kearny residents.

No, most of the people there were from kearny! Stop saying things in order to make it sound less important than it is. Three people outside Kearny spoke, but again most of the people were from kearny. There were a lot of people from his church, trust me, there is not 150 people in his church. Out of the 150 people there about 25 were from his church, about 10 out of town the rest were kearny residents. Once again, accept the fact that most of the people in town are in support of Mr.P, not Matthew LaClair. If people knew about this meeting a week before it actually happened, there were be a lot more people. About Mr.Pinho, no comments about him. I felt bad for the guy, but I understand that he was trying to defend his opinion, he just didn't do a good job. I am sure he is a good lawyer, but he was not prepared to talk.