Kearny School Board of Ed Meeting

Guest kearny resident

Guest kearny resident

The Kearny Board of Education meeting is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, January 16 at 6 p.m. at the Board of Education office on Davis Ave.

Is the Mr. P and LaClair matter going to be discussed? Which Board member is going to take the lead on this issue? Is Mayor Santos going to appear and take a stand? Are any of the council members going to step up to the plate and ask some questoins on why nothing has been done?

This is the defining time. Will Kearny's politicans fullfill their oath of office and stand up for our constitutional right to not have a teacher preaching in school in violation of our separation of church and state.

Will any of the posters on KOTW be present. Will any of the New York Times readers be present on Tuesday. For those in the metro area, you can take the Path or NJ Transit into Harrison and/or Newark and take a short ride over to the Board of Education meeting.

Those of us who are Kearny residents who are frustrated by the inaction of our politicans could use your help. This site keeps us sane, otherwise we would be lead to believe that our efforts to reign this teacher in would be futile.

Lookin forward to seeing you Tuesday, January 16th at 6:00 p.m.

The Kearny Board of Education meeting is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, January 16 at 6 p.m. at the Board of Education office on Davis Ave.

Is the Mr. P and LaClair matter going to be discussed?  Which Board member is going to take the lead on this issue?  Is Mayor Santos going to appear and take a stand? Are any of the council members going to step up to the plate and ask some questoins on why nothing has been done?

This is the defining time.  Will Kearny's politicans fullfill their oath of office and stand up for our constitutional right to not have a teacher preaching in school in violation of our separation of church and state.

Will any of the posters on KOTW be present.  Will any of the New York Times readers be present on Tuesday.  For those in the metro area, you can take the Path or NJ Transit into Harrison and/or Newark and take a short ride over to the Board of Education meeting.

Those of us who are Kearny residents who are frustrated by the inaction of our politicans could use your help.  This site keeps us sane, otherwise we would be lead to believe that our efforts to reign this teacher in would be futile.

Hey!

...why didn't you sign in my other topic? :P

Is the Mr. P and LaClair matter going to be discussed?  Which Board member is going to take the lead on this issue?  Is Mayor Santos going to appear and take a stand? Are any of the council members going to step up to the plate and ask some questoins on why nothing has been done?

This is the defining time.  Will Kearny's politicans fullfill their oath of office and stand up for our constitutional right to not have a teacher preaching in school in violation of our separation of church and state.

Will any of the posters on KOTW be present.  Will any of the New York Times readers be present on Tuesday.  For those in the metro area, you can take the Path or NJ Transit into Harrison and/or Newark and take a short ride over to the Board of Education meeting.

Those of us who are Kearny residents who are frustrated by the inaction of our politicans could use your help.  This site keeps us sane, otherwise we would be lead to believe that our efforts to reign this teacher in would be futile.

The meeting is at 7:00 not 6:00

Are any of you folks who are local to Kearny planning to attend this meeting?

If anyone attends, please tell us about it on this thread.

Thanks

Where were the people that support Matthew? It doesn't look like there are many. By the way, Matthew and Paul you missed out the best meeting ever. You should have been there or send someone to record it...you know, something you really know how to do. Once again, congratulations for recording the class and for making a fool out of yourself!

The good part of the meeting was that the Board is going to have a formal policy on separation of church and state in accordance with the constitution. I hope someone publishes the statement read at the meeting.

The rest of the meeting was scary. Supports of Mr. P some from out of town and some from town but mostly folks from his "church" came out in support of Mr. P. Some of the statements were understandable. Others were just support because he is a Christian. Mr. P's lawyer got up and tried to argue that what Mr. P did was protected by the First Amendment. How can Mr. P actually believe that is beyond me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given Mr. P's letter to the Editor.

I give a lot of credit to Matthew LaClair. Trying to get Mr. P's supporters to understand that he crossed the line is like hitting your head against the wall.

One speaker was concerned that the Kearny Board of Education was going to fire Mr. P when it was clearly stated that "no action" was being taken against Mr. P. Mr. P knows what action the Board took. Why doesn't he waive the confidentiality clause and reveal what the Board did? If he was such a christian, why doesn't he accept the punishment openly?

I am a religious person. Mr. P is being hypocritical. If he did nothing wrong why not let everyone record his class. If he believes in Jesus why doesn't he preach in class and lose his job, his supporters can all pitch in and support him. Why? Because he knows he is wrong. Because he cannot accept ridicule? Because his belief in Jesus is not as strong as he purports it to be? Won't Jesus provide if you're doing his work? How can you believe in Jesus and say that anyone that does not believe in Jesus will go to hell? Even if it is true, would Jesus say it that way? No. Mr. P is not as religious as he says he is.

The good part of the meeting was that the Board is going to have a formal policy on separation of church and state in accordance with the constitution.  I hope someone publishes the statement read at the meeting.

The rest of the meeting was scary.  Supports of Mr. P some from out of town and some from town but mostly folks from his "church" came out in support of Mr. P.  Some of the statements were understandable.  Others were just support because he is a Christian.  Mr. P's lawyer got up and tried to argue that what Mr. P did was protected by the First Amendment.  How can Mr. P actually believe that is beyond me.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised given Mr. P's letter to the Editor. 

I give a lot of credit to Matthew LaClair.  Trying to get Mr. P's supporters to understand that he crossed the line is like hitting your head against the wall.

One speaker was concerned that the Kearny Board of Education was going to fire Mr. P when it was clearly stated that "no action" was being taken against Mr. P.  Mr. P knows what action the Board took.  Why doesn't he waive the confidentiality clause and reveal what the Board did?  If he was such a christian, why doesn't he accept the punishment openly?

I am a religious person.  Mr. P is being hypocritical.  If he did nothing wrong why not let everyone record his class.  If he believes in Jesus why doesn't he preach in class and lose his job, his supporters can all pitch in and support him.  Why?  Because he knows he is wrong.  Because he cannot accept ridicule?  Because his belief in Jesus is not as strong as he purports it to be?  Won't Jesus provide if you're doing his work?  How can you believe in Jesus and say that anyone that does not believe in Jesus will go to hell?  Even if it is true, would Jesus say it that way?  No.  Mr. P is not as religious as he says he is.

Someone is angry here...You are angry because people don't agree with Matthew LaClair. For your information, most of the people at the meeting are from Kearny. Your argument shows that you just can't accept the fact that people actually support Mr.P! Keep crying baby, it is okay... :P

I think what drives all of this is a misunderstanding of what is being called "wrong" here.

Obviously, no evangelical Christian will ever accept that preaching is wrong in any way. But that is not the only definition of "wrong" there is. If I paid to see a tax consultant, it would be wrong of him to waste my time preaching. Same thing with sending my kid to school supported by my tax dollars. Mr. P was not doing his job. In that sense, he is completely in the wrong. How is this not clear?

And that completely sidesteps the idea that non-Christian students do not have the freedom to leave the classroom if they do not want to hear Mr. P's Christian preaching of who belongs in hell. This kind of speech is not tolerated in any workplace, public or private, because it can be considered a form of harrassment to people of Jewish or Muslim faith or anyone who does not follow Mr. P's particular brand of Christianity.

It is hard for me to see that supporters of Mr. P are doing so as a testament to their religious faith. Christ did not need a captive audience of impressionable minds to spread His Word. What seems to be a much better explanation is that Mr. P supporters are giving into some kind of vanity in the name of religion.

They need only ask themselves how Christ himself acted towards those who persecuted Him.

Certainly what Matthew did is a few orders of magnitude less damaging than what happened to Christ, but you wouldn't think it given the reactions of some of His supposed followers.

Guest Loyal kardinal
The good part of the meeting was that the Board is going to have a formal policy on separation of church and state in accordance with the constitution.  I hope someone publishes the statement read at the meeting.

The rest of the meeting was scary.  Supports of Mr. P some from out of town and some from town but mostly folks from his "church" came out in support of Mr. P.  Some of the statements were understandable.  Others were just support because he is a Christian.  Mr. P's lawyer got up and tried to argue that what Mr. P did was protected by the First Amendment.  How can Mr. P actually believe that is beyond me.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised given Mr. P's letter to the Editor. 

I give a lot of credit to Matthew LaClair.  Trying to get Mr. P's supporters to understand that he crossed the line is like hitting your head against the wall.

One speaker was concerned that the Kearny Board of Education was going to fire Mr. P when it was clearly stated that "no action" was being taken against Mr. P.  Mr. P knows what action the Board took.  Why doesn't he waive the confidentiality clause and reveal what the Board did?  If he was such a christian, why doesn't he accept the punishment openly?

I am a religious person.  Mr. P is being hypocritical.  If he did nothing wrong why not let everyone record his class.  If he believes in Jesus why doesn't he preach in class and lose his job, his supporters can all pitch in and support him.  Why?  Because he knows he is wrong.  Because he cannot accept ridicule?  Because his belief in Jesus is not as strong as he purports it to be?  Won't Jesus provide if you're doing his work?  How can you believe in Jesus and say that anyone that does not believe in Jesus will go to hell?  Even if it is true, would Jesus say it that way?  No.  Mr. P is not as religious as he says he is.

How did the heavy weights on the School Board figure in this. For instance, is Doffont capable of making an intelligent decision without calling someone on the phone before the Board takes a vote. He's spectacular on that Board of Shame!

Thanks

You're going to have to wait three to six months for them to post the minutes of the meeting on the Kearny Schools Webpage. Even then, you won't see anything there. I guess they can't take notes fast enough. Maybe they should borrow Matt's "recording device".

WRONG. There was more members from the community and other churches than from his own.

Because that is none of your business.

He's taken the punishment and his is not whining about.

Looks like you are.

I am a religious person.  Mr. P is being hypocritical.  If he did nothing wrong why not let everyone record his class. 

Who said he has a problem with his class been recorded? It's someone twisting someones word and corrupting  things for their own defense? But I think is more than fair to let Mr. P. know that not only him is been recorded but the rest of the class.

If he believes in Jesus why doesn't he preach in class and lose his job, his supporters can all pitch in and support him.

Sore looser.

Because he cannot accept ridicule? 

What have your type done so far, but ridicule him. He still going. He said nothing. Complaint about nothing.

Because his belief in Jesus is not as strong as he purports it to be?  Won't Jesus provide if you're doing his work?  How can you believe in Jesus and say that anyone that does not believe in Jesus will go to hell?  Even if it is true, would Jesus say it that way?  No.  Mr. P is not as religious as he says he is.

When you have nothing say to defend your side, attack the guy's religion.

Very grown up.

I think what drives all of this is a misunderstanding of what is being called "wrong" here.

Obviously, no evangelical Christian will ever accept that preaching is wrong in any way.  But that is not the only definition of "wrong" there is.  If I paid to see a tax consultant, it would be wrong of him to waste my time preaching.  Same thing with sending my kid to school supported by my tax dollars.  Mr. P was not doing his job.  In that sense, he is completely in the wrong.  How is this not clear?

And that completely sidesteps the idea that non-Christian students do not have the freedom to leave the classroom if they do not want to hear Mr. P's Christian preaching of who belongs in hell.  This kind of speech is not tolerated in any workplace, public or private, because it can be considered a form of harrassment to people of Jewish or Muslim faith or anyone who does not follow Mr. P's particular brand of Christianity.

It is hard for me to see that supporters of Mr. P are doing so as a testament to their religious faith.  Christ did not need a captive audience of impressionable minds to spread His Word.  What seems to be a much better explanation is that Mr. P supporters are giving into some kind of vanity in the name of religion.

They need only ask themselves how Christ himself acted towards those who persecuted Him.

Certainly what Matthew did is a few orders of magnitude less damaging than what happened to Christ, but you wouldn't think it given the reactions of some of His supposed followers.

You still can't accept the facts...keep crying baby... :angry:

You're going to have to wait three to six months for them to post the minutes of the meeting on the Kearny Schools Webpage.  Even then, you won't see anything there.  I guess they can't take notes fast enough.  Maybe they should borrow Matt's "recording device" (emphasis added).

*laughs at the quotation marks* You act like Matthew was using some kind of secret black ops technology or something. :angry:

You're going to have to wait three to six months for them to post the minutes of the meeting on the Kearny Schools Webpage.  Even then, you won't see anything there.  I guess they can't take notes fast enough.  Maybe they should borrow Matt's "recording device".

The minutes are posted following formal approval of the board. January's minutes will be posted following the February meeting.

That's right! He definetely had nothing to say. He is like the lawyer who spoke.

It's sad to say that Mr. Pinho made a fool out of himself at that meeting.

He tried to draw a moral equivalency argument between the war in Iraq where people are dying because of religion and Mr. P. anwering religious questions.

Oh yeah! I can see the comparison. <_<

He showed disrespect by turning his back to the board and addressing the audience rather than them, they actually chided him for it.

You are right! Mr Pinho had nothing productive to say. It was shameful.

And some people pay him to defend them in court. ouch!!! ;)

Thanks

Well. all the idiots in support of Matt & Paul weren't there, they're too busy typing BS on this site instead of being where they should be. ( like attending the meeting in school, Oh, I didn't know I could be there) <_<