The Observer

Guest Guest

When did the OBSERVER become such a LIBERAl paper? The editors opinion expresses a closed mind view of the whole scenario playing out in our schools across the country! Stick to the facts and not your personal opinions. Your paper usually ends up as a coaster on most's tables.

When did the OBSERVER become such a LIBERAl paper? The editors opinion expresses a closed mind view of the whole scenario playing out in our schools across the country! Stick to the facts and not your personal opinions. Your paper usually ends up as a coaster on most's tables.

Very disappointed with this paper. The must forgat that their job is to give the news not their opinion.

Well said.

I am telling you, read Canessa's opinion this week. It changed completely since his first opinion..it is Paul LaClair's words exactly...I am amazed to see how weak people can be and how one person can brainwash another person. Come on Canessa, can't you think for yourself?

I used to use it to line the catbox..but even the Felines wouldnt use the box then, Little critters went on strike until i started putting the Ledger back in there.

I am telling you, read Canessa's opinion this week. It changed completely since his first opinion..it is Paul LaClair's words exactly...I am amazed to see how weak people can be and how one person can brainwash another person. Come on Canessa, can't you think for yourself?

That is not accurate. Canessa was trying to get Mr. P and out -- apologize. The problem here is not Mr. P, it is the administrator, Kearny Board of Education who got bad legal advise from their attorney. Ask any relative, outside of Kearny, if a teacher in their community said "you would go to hell" in class whether they would have a job, or had been reprimanded. If Mr. P is so sure of his beliefs, then why doesn't he just open up his disciplinary action before the Board and let everyone know what the Board did. Doesn't God want the truth to be known. If you believe in Jesus, then why not accept whatever punishment you have coming to you. Or are you going to be Judas and deny your own faith in God. Canessa is doing what he must, reporting the facts. This site (KOTW) kept this story alive until the NY Times did an article and now if the Board is not going to act. The Mayor and Council should voice their opinion. The Board is forcing the hand of Matthew LaClair into filing a lawsuit against the town and my tax dollars are going to be paying the same attorney who gave bad advise to the Board. More money for him. Less for me. Just like we pay the town engineer to fix his own mistakes. Only in Hudson County.

Guest guest 22

Funny how one person's "brainwashing" is another person's religious teachings.

Amazed to see how weak people can be? Just drop into any fundamentalist mega-church and gaze at the weak minded fools who believe in people like Ted Haggard, Pat Robertson and Jerry FAlwell.

Brainwashing indeed!

Very disappointed with this paper. The must forgat that their job is to give the news not their opinion.

Well said.

Wrong. The editorial column is a standard feature in all newspapers. The editorial is intended to be an opinion piece. They are doing their job.

Wrong. The editorial column is a standard feature in all newspapers. The editorial is intended to be an opinion piece. They are doing their job.

Yeah, this one was so woefully uninformed that even I was impressed. Is the original poster seriously complaining that a newspaper has an 'editorials' section? THAT's the complaint???

Yikes.

Pinko Commie Rag !!!!!

That is not accurate.  Canessa was trying to get Mr. P and out -- apologize.  The problem here is not Mr. P, it is the administrator, Kearny Board of Education who got bad legal advise from their attorney.  Ask any relative, outside of Kearny, if a teacher in their community said "you would go to hell" in class whether they would have a job, or had been reprimanded.  If Mr. P is so sure of his beliefs, then why doesn't he just open up his disciplinary action before the Board and let everyone know what the Board did.  Doesn't God want the truth to be known.  If you believe in Jesus, then why not accept whatever punishment you have coming to you.  Or are you going to be Judas and deny your own faith in God.  Canessa is doing what he must, reporting the facts.  This site (KOTW) kept this story alive until the NY Times did an article and now if the Board is not going to act.  The Mayor and Council should voice their opinion.  The Board is forcing the hand of Matthew LaClair into filing a lawsuit against the town and my tax dollars are going to be paying the same attorney who gave bad advise to the Board.  More money for him.  Less for me.  Just like we pay the town engineer to fix his own mistakes.  Only in Hudson County.

Are you Paul LaClair by any chance?

Opinion of the commnunity not the editor's opinion.

Wow, there is some serious ignorance in this town. Please see the first definition for editorial at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/editorial .

ed·i·to·ri·al /ˌɛdɪˈtɔriəl, -ˈtoʊr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ed-i-tawr-ee-uhl, -tohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor, or editors.

Guest Guest_Tom Hakim_*

The Kearny Observer is the best paper in the town and you loud mouth people leave your name when you write on this form are ashame to leave your name are just big month pigs that like to your two cents to be big month. leave the last four number of social security no. loud month's shut up and put your name on this form or shut up .are you big month person. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::P:DB):D:):angry::mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:wub::excl:

When did the OBSERVER become such a LIBERAl paper? The editors opinion expresses a closed mind view of the whole scenario playing out in our schools across the country! Stick to the facts and not your personal opinions.

"Stick to the facts and not your personal opinions"...in an EDITORIAL?! :angry:

The editor's opinion expresses THE EDITOR'S OPINION and nothing else! :D Don't you see that little part at the bottom that states that it is not necessarily the opinion of the paper or anyone else involved with it?

Is stupid contagious or something? How did so many people get it?

Guest The Big Month
The Kearny Observer is the best paper in the town and you loud mouth people leave your name when you write on this form are ashame to leave your name are just big month pigs that like to your two cents to be big month. leave the last four number of social security no. loud month's shut up and put your name on this form or shut up .are you big month person. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :P  :D  B)  :lol:  :)  :lol:  B)  :huh:  ^_^  :o  ;)  :P  :wub:  :excl:

Whoa! Maybe those people who say no one in Kearny speaks English anymore are right! Here's a thought - get in touch with OldFart and you guys can jabber incoherent and/or unintelligible speech at each other.

The Kearny Observer is the best paper in the town and you loud mouth people leave your name when you write on this form are ashame to leave your name are just big month pigs that like to your two cents to be big month. leave the last four number of social security no. loud month's shut up and put your name on this form or shut up .are you big month person. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :P  :D  B)  :D  :)  <_<  :mellow:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  ;)  :P  :wub:  :excl:

Well Tom..Lets see.. Yes the Observer is the best paper in TOWN..that said it's the ONLY paper in town so it';s still not saying much. The owner and former Editor was outed for Plagierizing her column. The Current Editor is always whining about how Noone from KPD will talk to him, but Fails to mention that when they HAVE in the past he's either mis-quoted them or cherry-picked to make the statements come out MUCh differently than intended. There are NUMEROUS spelling and grammar errors, nevermind the outright Factual errors. For the "Town Paper, one would thing that the EDITOR would manage to get the street name right in one of his stories...nevermind know that Harrison Ave, and Newark Turnpike are separate roadways with different sets of addresses. Yes the Observer is the Best in town..but that does NOT mena that it doesnt S**K.

The Kearny Observer is the best paper in the town and you loud mouth people leave your name when you write on this form are ashame to leave your name are just big month pigs that like to your two cents to be big month. leave the last four number of social security no. loud month's shut up and put your name on this form or shut up .are you big month person. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :P  :D  B)  :lol:  :)  :angry:  :angry:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  ;)  :P  :wub:  B)

Can someone explain what this guy is writing?

I am very curious about this. A couple of times, I've read that the Observers Editor whines about the KPD not talking to him. Just where does that happen? Does he whine about it on the streets? I checked old posts on this website and didnt see any places here where he whined about that. Can you enlighten us? We shold know how you got your info. I for 1 would love to know where he whined about it. It wouldnt be good for an editor to be publicly whining now would it?

Well Tom..Lets see.. Yes the Observer is the best paper in TOWN..that said it's the ONLY paper in town so it';s still not saying much.  The owner and former Editor was outed for Plagierizing her column.  The Current Editor is always whining about how Noone from KPD will talk to him, but Fails to mention that when they HAVE in the past he's either mis-quoted them or cherry-picked to make the statements come out MUCh differently than intended.  There are NUMEROUS spelling and grammar errors, nevermind the outright Factual errors.  For the "Town Paper, one would thing that the EDITOR would manage to get the street name right in one of his stories...nevermind know that Harrison Ave, and Newark Turnpike are separate roadways with different sets of addresses.  Yes the Observer is the Best in town..but that does NOT mena that it doesnt S**K.

Oh, and with your superior grammar and spelling, as is evident in your post, you ought to call the Observer and ask for a job, since you appear to have a good command of the English language yourself.

Oh, and with your superior grammar and spelling, as is evident in your post, you ought to call the Observer and ask for a job, since you appear to have a good command of the English language yourself.

Ahh yes, but the difference is that I do not put myself forth as a professional journalist....If i were to make my living through words, i would be a darn sight more careful about spelling and typos. Therein lies the pronblem...eveyone is so easy to excuse the Observer as "Just a local paper" But their Advertisers are paying a HECK of a lot of money for that advertising space.. And those Advertisers DESERVE a professionally-published paper, NOT something that looks like it was done in the KHS print shop.

Guest bik49ypik@yahoo.com

I look back on the Observer this past year and look for the "feel good" story or headline and its difficult for me to find one. Most of what they report is the "dirt" that goes on and this LaClair issue is no different.

I would like the present editors to go back and look at where the founders of this paper wrote about. There is a lot of good in this town and it gets overlooked.

Freedom of the press has some responsibility to the town or community. It amazes me the power of the pen or in this case the computer how topics can be slandered about and almost ruin a town completely and then hide behind their story saying that they are just reporting.

There comes a time and I said it in prior posts that we collectively need to grow up and take responsibility for our own actions. Until I see that in the Observer it has now value to me.

Go find out the good in Kearny and report it !!! Get off your lazy butts and do some good for this town.