Closing the educational gap: BoE' s policies and student achieveme

Guest neumod

" Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quiet as much from his failures as from his successes." - John Dewey.

It is time for Kearny's BoE to have an experienced educator on the board who understands 21 st century educational policies, builds consensus (based on objective thinking) and helps make decisions that support administrators, teachers, parents and students in meeting National and State standards. Kearny needs him!

" Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quiet as much from his failures as from his successes." - John Dewey.

It is time for Kearny's BoE to have an experienced educator on the board who understands 21 st century educational policies, builds consensus (based on objective thinking) and helps make decisions that support administrators, teachers, parents and students in meeting National and State standards. Kearny needs him!

Gee, I agreed until you got to "him". Must be a typo. Kearny needs HER & HER name is Debbie Lowry.

Guest Him Her Whatever

Gee, I agreed until you got to "him". Must be a typo. Kearny needs HER & HER name is Debbie Lowry.

Even though HER (Lowery) agenda includes hiring her daughter as a teacher?

Debbie Lowry should not even be on the ticket, curriculum was at all time lows while she was at the helm. She was director of curriculum and the student test scores were in the tank! Keep her far away from the BOE.

Debbie Lowry should not even be on the ticket, curriculum was at all time lows while she was at the helm. She was director of curriculum and the student test scores were in the tank! Keep her far away from the BOE.

Whether or not you are knowledgeable enough to decipher test scores accurately, I'm sure you realize Ms. Lowry was responsible for elementary curriculum only, right? The VP at KHS was responsible for the high school curriculum . . . I'm laughing so hard there are tears running down my face!

I guess you are referring to the stats Dr. Baumgartner presented in June. She referred to the high school not having curriculum and terrible test scores when she arrived. The high school's curriculum and achievement have never been under the control of the K-8 director of curriculum, the position Debbie Lowry held. The high school Vice Principal of Academics was charged with those duties. Obviously he wasn't doing the job he was responsible for. Guess that's why Dr. Baumgartner had his job description changed.

Guest Old Dogs Never Change

Whether or not you are knowledgeable enough to decipher test scores accurately, I'm sure you realize Ms. Lowry was responsible for elementary curriculum only, right? The VP at KHS was responsible for the high school curriculum . . . I'm laughing so hard there are tears running down my face!

I guess you weren't laughing when Ms. Lowry was found to have ***** *** ***** ***** ago when she was teaching in Franklin School. She was giving *** ******* ******* to the ***** to **** ****** *** ****. What was her ********** from the people who knew what she did..........give her Director of Curriculum, real funny, I have tears running down my face too!!!!

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest No Consistency

I guess you weren't laughing when Ms. Lowry was found to have ***** *** ***** ***** ago when she was teaching in Franklin School. She was giving *** ******* ******* to the ***** to **** ****** *** ****. What was her ********** from the people who knew what she did..........give her Director of Curriculum, real funny, I have tears running down my face too!!!!

Its amazing how the webmaster screens the above post, which content contained is true , but 90% of the other info people post is let through and there is no way it can be confirmed. This whole site is nothing but BS.

Guest For Real

Kearny High Has been paying over $100 k for a Vice Principle of Curriculum for over 20 years. Mike B did nothing for KHS as far as Curicculum . Another one of Franky D inserts.

Guest No Female Frank

Kearny High Has been paying over $100 k for a Vice Principle of Curriculum for over 20 years. Mike B did nothing for KHS as far as Curicculum . Another one of Franky D inserts.

Debbie Lowry is a female ****k *******e, keep her away from everything, thank God she retired, as he did too.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Running Scared

Debbie Lowry is a female ****k *******e, keep her away from everything, thank God she retired, as he did too.

Looks like somebody is a little worried about Lowry in the upcoming election. I can sense some fear and desperation in a few posts here! Am I right J.G or Is it J.O. Now?

Looks like somebody is a little worried about Lowry in the upcoming election. I can sense some fear and desperation in a few posts here! Am I right J.G or Is it J.O. Now?

Me thinks the j.o. is more appropriate.

Guest Desperate Candidate

No fear, no desperation, at least not on this end, but it sure is apparent on your end. Your alphabet guess is about as good as your test scores were, not even close to acceptable.

Guest Hill Supporter

Vote for J.H. Jim Hill for BOE, No agenda

No fear, no desperation, at least not on this end, but it sure is apparent on your end. Your alphabet guess is about as good as your test scores were, not even close to acceptable.

I'm sorry, do you think you're talking to M.B., the VP at KHS?

Guest Spot on

My test scores in high school were terrible. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Lowrys were a lot better, but I'm pretty sure my alphabet guess was spot on!

Hill Supporter

I know Jim Hill to be a good family man. He is a candidate for the BOE because he is concern for the children,parents and teachers of Kearny. He will do a great job serving on the BOE.

I encourage everyone on this web to vote for Jim.

Vote 1O James L. Hill " Putting Education First"

Vote for J.H. Jim Hill for BOE, No agenda.

Why should I vote for someone who has no agenda? That means he has nothing he wants to do as a Board member. Board members should have agendas, just not agendas that do not serve the public.

So why should we vote for Joe Hill? What does he want to accomplish and what background does he have to accomplish it?

Board members are not suppose to have agendas. They are elected to approve curriculum and write policy and to make sure the district is run well. They hire administrators to run the schools. If they are not happy with the way things are going then they fire the superintendent and look for another.

The problem with Kearny is that too many people run with agendas. I say vote for Joe Hill.

Guest Newbies not Oldies

Fellow site readers and posters. This above post is the exact reason not to support the Doran, Lowry, Lindenfelser ticket in this upcoming BOE elections. Why should anyone be "worried" and have "fear" of a potentential member elect to the BOE? This is their agaenda, as it always is, but can be finally ended with a final knockout blow to these political, self serving puppets that want to be BOE members. They want to be on the BOE to be EMPOWERED and in CONTROL of all things, not what the role of a BOE member should be. Not what is good for our kids and certainly not what is good for taxpayers.

Voters beware, stay clear of that ticket. Keep progress alive and moving forward.

Guest Renato da Silva

Kearny residents:

What are our priorities as parents, taxpayers, citizens and Board of Education members?

Is it to make decisions that will affect our children's lives in the best way possible?

Is it to hold on to old beliefs about education, that are not coherent with state and national policies, just because they are traditional and comforting?

Is it to look at state data to informs our decisions- staff, resources, support systems?

Is it to stay on top of current educational trends so we can make the best decisions for our students?

Is it to support our teachers in their own educational growth so they can teach our students in the best pedagogical manner?

Is it to vote for Board members who will not address the downward educational spiral that our educational system has become?

John Dewey stated that "failure was instructive." The replies to this post continue to focus on bias opinions and a lack of educational understanding of what is at stake for our students. We are failing because we are not addressing our educational needs.

Go to the State Department of Education website for our English Language Arts data ( for all schools).

Moreover go to www.Rdasilvaea.net to see what he can do for the Board of Education.

[You Tube Video Link:

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Fixed the Link to Mr. DaSilva's website. We also found a You Tube Video while searching for the correct website and added it above in between the [ ] (brackets)

Kearny residents:

What are our priorities as parents, taxpayers, citizens and Board of Education members?

Is it to make decisions that will affect our children's lives in the best way possible?

Is it to hold on to old beliefs about education, that are not coherent with state and national policies, just because they are traditional and comforting?

Is it to look at state data to informs our decisions- staff, resources, support systems?

Is it to stay on top of current educational trends so we can make the best decisions for our students?

Is it to support our teachers in their own educational growth so they can teach our students in the best pedagogical manner?

Is it to vote for Board members who will not address the downward educational spiral that our educational system has become?

John Dewey stated that "failure was instructive." The replies to this post continue to focus on bias opinions and a lack of educational understanding of what is at stake for our students. We are failing because we are not addressing our educational needs.

Go to the State Department of Education website for our English Language Arts data ( for all schools).

Moreover go to www.Rdasilvaea.net to see what he can do for the Board of Education.

[You Tube Video Link:

Dude, you're not telling us anything. What are your specific priorities, beyond the platitudes? Where do you stand on the current snafu over the superintendent and principal? Why should we vote for you if you can't even make a one-minute video without pausing it every few seconds - and you didn't say anything. I looked at your website and that doesn't say anything either. And don't you think it's a little unusual to run for the Board when you're an Assistant Principal? And if you're in that position, what alliance do you have with the five stooges?

Based on the lack of content in your video and your website, and the peculiar way you're approaching this, I'm not about to vote for you without a lot more, and better, information. You didn't even properly proofread this post.

Fellow site readers and posters. This above post is the exact reason not to support the Doran, Lowry, Lindenfelser ticket in this upcoming BOE elections. Why should anyone be "worried" and have "fear" of a potentential member elect to the BOE? This is their agaenda, as it always is, but can be finally ended with a final knockout blow to these political, self serving puppets that want to be BOE members. They want to be on the BOE to be EMPOWERED and in CONTROL of all things, not what the role of a BOE member should be. Not what is good for our kids and certainly not what is good for taxpayers.

Voters beware, stay clear of that ticket. Keep progress alive and moving forward.

Give us a break. They are by far the most competent and professional people running. And that's what we need to clean up the mess the amateurs created.

Wow you really are nervous! LOL. And the word fear was never mentioned. Another futile attempt at making something out of nothing. The people of Kearny are not dumb, they know a spin when they read one. So good luck to you!

Kearny residents:

[You Tube Video Link:

I can't wait to watch him & Romney & Obama at the debates Tuesday night! He IS running for president, right?