Closing the educational gap: BoE' s policies and student achieveme

Guest neumod

Guest want better for our kids

So am I to understand that you will Not address the spiral decline of our district?

Why should anyone vote for someone who will not address the needs of our children?

Unless your statement was an error, then I would suggest you proof read before you send. IF elected I would hope you would read over important papers at the BOE.

You posted people are bias, no people are truthful. We need someone who is good with details serving on the BOE. You are not that person.

Guest Bad to the Bone

Dude, you're not telling us anything. What are your specific priorities, beyond the platitudes? Where do you stand on the current snafu over the superintendent and principal? Why should we vote for you if you can't even make a one-minute video without pausing it every few seconds - and you didn't say anything. I looked at your website and that doesn't say anything either. And don't you think it's a little unusual to run for the Board when you're an Assistant Principal? And if you're in that position, what alliance do you have with the five stooges?

Based on the lack of content in your video and your website, and the peculiar way you're approaching this, I'm not about to vote for you without a lot more, and better, information. You didn't even properly proofread this post.

Mr. da Silva do you see how these idiots work. I thought your post was fine. They only know how to attack people. The DORAN, LOWRY, Lindenfelser ticket are evil, nasty people. They do not deserve to serve!!!! Why is it they want this election SO BAD. I will tell you......for their OWN SELF interests. There is no reason for people to want a volunteer position like they want it! There is ALWAYS a reason and it is very obvious from their actions. I wish you luck.

Guest Meet the Candidates

Mr. da Silva do you see how these idiots work. I thought your post was fine. They only know how to attack people. The DORAN, LOWRY, Lindenfelser ticket are evil, nasty people. They do not deserve to serve!!!! Why is it they want this election SO BAD. I will tell you......for their OWN SELF interests. There is no reason for people to want a volunteer position like they want it! There is ALWAYS a reason and it is very obvious from their actions. I wish you luck.

Looking forward to hearing ALL 10 CANDIDATES speak at Meet the Candidates on Tuesday night. Maybe some of you can drag yourselves away from your keyboards and educate yourselves instead of spreading bullshit stories and drinking the Kool-Aid. This is an important election and an opportunity to put right so very many wrongs.

Guest Renato da Silva

Thanks for the complements and for the criticism. Being an educator in NYC public schools for 15 years has allowed me to grow intellectually as well as socially and emotionally. Your comments are welcome and will serve to guide me in my campaign.

Although I will address the decline of our school system on Tuesday, all interested parties can analyze it by themselves by simply going to:

http://www.state.nj.us/education/ (search ayp and compare the accountability over the years).

The following information hopefully will inform the people who are unclear of my beliefs:

An excellent school system has a strong vision for success that is crafted and lived by its members. I don't believe we have such a mission. Here are a few reasons:

1. interim Superintendent

2. subjectivity on "rising through the ranks" and "1995 board rules"when interviewing a Superintendent candidate in 2012

3. subjective dismissal of the previous High School Principal

4. Lack of a High School Principal

5.Board discussions are closed to the public.

6. Lack of understanding 21 st century education ( it goes beyond computers in the classrooms).

How to address this:

1& 2. Interview and hire a superintend based on RESEARCH and OBJECTIVITY.

3 & 4. A school's vision does not exist without a leader. When a principal's contract is not renewed based on OBJECTIVE decisions, a new principal comes in immediately. The absence of the leader's vision will disturb the educational coherence and alignment that are vital for students' academic success.

5&6. Democratic open forums, were accountable discourse is spoken and discussed, are necessarily for transparency which feeds the concept of objectivity and of education itself.

In closing, let me address the people who are skeptical of my interest in the Kearny Public School system.

I am a New York City educator. I have taught History for over 10 years. I have written curriculum for Social Studies and Law electives. I have been a school administrator for 5 years. BUT, I am a Kearny taxpayer. I graduated from Kearny High School. I have two kids at Roosevelt School. As such, I would like to give the community what the community lacks at this time: direction and leadership in meeting State and national standards. It is 2012 and not 1995. We need to be responsible and accountable for our decisions. Thus, we need to change our policies to address the new reforms in education coming from Washington and Trenton. If we don't, our kids will suffer. If we don't, our real estate will suffer. It's enough of living in a subjective past and making decisions based on our own personal interests. The old system is not work people! Wake up!

Thanks for the complements and for the criticism. Being an educator in NYC public schools for 15 years has allowed me to grow intellectually as well as socially and emotionally. Your comments are welcome and will serve to guide me in my campaign.

Although I will address the decline of our school system on Tuesday, all interested parties can analyze it by themselves by simply going to:

http://www.state.nj.us/education/ (search ayp and compare the accountability over the years).

The following information hopefully will inform the people who are unclear of my beliefs:

An excellent school system has a strong vision for success that is crafted and lived by its members. I don't believe we have such a mission. Here are a few reasons:

1. interim Superintendent

2. subjectivity on "rising through the ranks" and "1995 board rules"when interviewing a Superintendent candidate in 2012

3. subjective dismissal of the previous High School Principal

4. Lack of a High School Principal

5.Board discussions are closed to the public.

6. Lack of understanding 21 st century education ( it goes beyond computers in the classrooms).

How to address this:

1& 2. Interview and hire a superintend based on RESEARCH and OBJECTIVITY.

3 & 4. A school's vision does not exist without a leader. When a principal's contract is not renewed based on OBJECTIVE decisions, a new principal comes in immediately. The absence of the leader's vision will disturb the educational coherence and alignment that are vital for students' academic success.

5&6. Democratic open forums, were accountable discourse is spoken and discussed, are necessarily for transparency which feeds the concept of objectivity and of education itself.

In closing, let me address the people who are skeptical of my interest in the Kearny Public School system.

I am a New York City educator. I have taught History for over 10 years. I have written curriculum for Social Studies and Law electives. I have been a school administrator for 5 years. BUT, I am a Kearny taxpayer. I graduated from Kearny High School. I have two kids at Roosevelt School. As such, I would like to give the community what the community lacks at this time: direction and leadership in meeting State and national standards. It is 2012 and not 1995. We need to be responsible and accountable for our decisions. Thus, we need to change our policies to address the new reforms in education coming from Washington and Trenton. If we don't, our kids will suffer. If we don't, our real estate will suffer. It's enough of living in a subjective past and making decisions based on our own personal interests. The old system is not work people! Wake up!

Didn't you apply for both HS principal and Franklin vice-principal in the district? And now you're running for the board after not being successful in getting hired. The exact same thing happened with the electrician on the board and we all see how that turned out.

Oh good grief, are you the pot or the kettle? Talk about attacking people, you just called three people evil, nasty and motivated solely by self-interest. What basis do you have for a remark like that? None. I'm not involved in any of the campaigns but you make it sound as though these comments were coming from them. That's a cheap shot, completely without any basis in fact, and what is more, it is false.

I criticized Mr. da Silva's presentation because it is poorly written, poorly proofread and it doesn't say anything that helps me evaluate what he proposes to do. It does not inspire confidence, even for a position on the Board of Education. The criticism goes to the content.

Where does da Silva stand on the current mess with the open positions in the school district's administration? That is a key issue now because the district is in chaos over it. Lowry, Doran and Lindenfelser have a clear position on the point: it should never have happened, we had qualified candidates who were rejected for no good reason, with a claim that better candidates were available to take the positions. Well, where are they? The claims made by King, Castelli, et. al., obviously are not true. This is malfeasance by the majority on the current Board. Let Mr. da Silva take a clear position on this if he wants to earn a spot on the Board, not just tell us that he favors Mom and apple pie.

Guest Goose Gander

Didnt you apply for a Vice Principal in the Kearny Schools?. Could your rejection have any thing to do with your running for the Board?

Mr. Dasilva they pull this crap with everybody. Just because you don't get hired, or if you support a program for kids that the district may not have and you would like the Board to consider it, and than decide, hey, I would like to get involved and try to improve maybe a hiring process that you feel is not up to par or corrupt for that matter and you want to be a part of seeing that it is corrected and people are treated fairly when they do apply and that the MOST QUALIFIED person is hired and not someones family member or friend. Well just because you applied and did not get hired they, (DORAN, LOWRY and LINDENFELSER) are going to say you did not get the job and now you pissed off and want to run for the board. BULL$HIT !!!!

They know what they are up to and think everybody is corrupt like them, NOT ! Lowry = Full time job for daughter , Doran = more jobs for family, protect *************l brother and mommy dearest nurse, Lindenfelser = bring back ex-husband as full time board attorney.

By the way, Lowry is receiving money from the BOE still, if you are still on the BOE payroll how can you be allowed to run for the board? Sounds like a CONFLICT to me, but than again this is Hudson County !!!

Edited by KOTW
Content