School construction

Guest Guest

I would love to know that too. Who is the BOE Board member in charge of the Construction Project?

I am at the Stadium every day watching football, and I have never seen more than 7 construction workers at a time working. If I was this GC, I would have 100 yes ONE HUNDRED workers getting stuff done in the summer, so our children can get instruction in peace! This project should not be taking so long, comeon, they built the Little League Field house much quicker, I will say they had many problems too but this is really unnecessary

Guest Big Willie

Hey Kearny residents, be prepared for a huge tidal wave of losers being investigated in the Harrison gardens, They have their sights set on Kearny, You guys will love them *** ***.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Could somene please tell me which BOE member is the commitee chair person over seeing construction?

There are no BOE members who "oversee" the construction. There are, however, BOE employees that oversee the construction. That would be Mr. Mark Bruscino, director of plant operations and Mr. Robert Elsmore, supervisor of plant operations. You can email them at Kearny Schools site or give a call to the board office.

I agree, this is a disaster! But, obviously the BOE doesn't care, they are not the ones who will have to be going to that school everyday, our children are. And by the way, these kids are already celebrating, no principal, no gym, school in shambles, the BOE better step up and fix this problem fast!!

Guest Rome in a day

I agree, this is a disaster! But, obviously the BOE doesn't care, they are not the ones who will have to be going to that school everyday, our children are. And by the way, these kids are already celebrating, no principal, no gym, school in shambles, the BOE better step up and fix this problem fast!!

Why don't you cross your arms and blink, like I dream of Jeanie, than all your problems will be fixed in a second. Work that takes 3 years, will take 3 years not overnight. Complain with the final outcome.

Guest Tax payer

You say three years .It will take five years and another two to fix all the screw ups..They destroyed the first floor in the old building and abandoned it..Kearny has never done anything right .Iv'e been here for 20 years and still the worst of the worst..Get rid of the board members and elect someone that has an Educational background..Cops ,Salesmen and Electricians ,What a joke ! Kearny teachers should get a raise for working in ground zero not more work for no contract..Who doe's that..no one did or ever will .What an incentive to do better as a teacher ..fumble again.Kearny down zero to two thousand....

Why don't you cross your arms and blink, like I dream of Jeanie, than all your problems will be fixed in a second. Work that takes 3 years, will take 3 years not overnight. Complain with the final outcome.

why should it take three years? The clean up of Ground Zero took less time!!!

Guest ???????

Three years? The clean up of Ground Zero took less time!!!! This was poor planning by the current board.

KHS in shambles! Shame, BOE

OK, so don't accept a $40 million dollar gift and leave a 90 year old building as is with no great improvements, additional classrooms, air conditioning, new heating, new windows, etc, etc, etc........make sense because you don't like how it looks now. Very intelligent statement on your part!!!!

Guest Stupid is as studid does

OK, so don't accept a $40 million dollar gift and leave a 90 year old building as is with no great improvements, additional classrooms, air conditioning, new heating, new windows, etc, etc, etc........make sense because you don't like how it looks now. Very intelligent statement on your part!!!!

Who said anything about turning down a $40 million dollar grant? The problem with this project is scheduling and manpower. The construction company in charge should've had three eight hour shifts with sufficent manpower working seven days a week for the past two summers. I am a retired construction project manager who did alot of work with New York City School Construction Authority, and that is what we would do on large scale projects. We would work all summer and give the school back to the teachers and students in a livable working shape. We would then work on any breaks during the school year and some weekends. These are not things we wanted to do these were things we were forced to do because the local school boards and administrators insisted on this to minimize disruptions and health risks to the students teachers and school personnel These issues did not seem to cause concern for this present Kearny BOE, and I guess not having a principal this year its kinda hard to take a shot at the administration, but they could've done more last year. So you should reread your post and see if it's a " Very intelligent statement on your part!!! "

Who said anything about turning down a $40 million dollar grant? The problem with this project is scheduling and manpower. The construction company in charge should've had three eight hour shifts with sufficent manpower working seven days a week for the past two summers. I am a retired construction project manager who did alot of work with New York City School Construction Authority, and that is what we would do on large scale projects. We would work all summer and give the school back to the teachers and students in a livable working shape. We would then work on any breaks during the school year and some weekends. These are not things we wanted to do these were things we were forced to do because the local school boards and administrators insisted on this to minimize disruptions and health risks to the students teachers and school personnel These issues did not seem to cause concern for this present Kearny BOE, and I guess not having a principal this year its kinda hard to take a shot at the administration, but they could've done more last year. So you should reread your post and see if it's a " Very intelligent statement on your part!!! "

well whatcha say 'bout dat forestt? :D

Guest Wake Up

I will agree with you on one topic.....manpower. The contractor on site is the worst, but that is what you get when you hire low bidder. You talk about the High School Project, which is huge and a difficult project, but take a look at the Little League Field House on Belgrove and Bergen Ave! That has been going on for a year, a year!!!! and all it is is a field house with bathrooms......are you kidding me!!! No personnel, no kids, no teachers inside this building and it still can not get built.

As far as you saying work 3 shifts, 7 days a week. What fantasy land are you living in? and work that only for the last 2 summers? So have 3 different shifts of workers for each trade, 3 different set of foremen for each trade, have major construction going on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a residential neighborhood and only do that for the months of july and august. I know one thing, you were not involved in any form of construction. Go back and laid down on the couch. I think you're having a dream.

Now, as far as anyone blaming this PRESENT board is not the right thing to do. This project has been planned for almost 8 years. Plans and scheduling are done by BOE employees not board members. In my opinion, there lies the problem. You have 2 guys in charge of plant operations that don't know the difference between a screwdriver and a hammer, so how are they suppose oversee a construction project? All that the BOE members can do is demand to see more productivity from the contractors through the BOE employees and demand a safe environment for kids and staff on a daily basis.

Guest Up at 5:00

I will agree with you on one topic.....manpower. The contractor on site is the worst, but that is what you get when you hire low bidder. You talk about the High School Project, which is huge and a difficult project, but take a look at the Little League Field House on Belgrove and Bergen Ave! That has been going on for a year, a year!!!! and all it is is a field house with bathrooms......are you kidding me!!! No personnel, no kids, no teachers inside this building and it still can not get built.

As far as you saying work 3 shifts, 7 days a week. What fantasy land are you living in? and work that only for the last 2 summers? So have 3 different shifts of workers for each trade, 3 different set of foremen for each trade, have major construction going on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a residential neighborhood and only do that for the months of july and august. I know one thing, you were not involved in any form of construction. Go back and laid down on the couch. I think you're having a dream.

Now, as far as anyone blaming this PRESENT board is not the right thing to do. This project has been planned for almost 8 years. Plans and scheduling are done by BOE employees not board members. In my opinion, there lies the problem. You have 2 guys in charge of plant operations that don't know the difference between a screwdriver and a hammer, so how are they suppose oversee a construction project? All that the BOE members can do is demand to see more productivity from the contractors through the BOE employees and demand a safe environment for kids and staff on a daily basis.

Well if you have never heard of a large scale project going 24/7 than it is you my friend who has never been involved in the construction industry! Yes three shifts for all trades with foreman and sub-foreman, very common practice. That's real construction boy not like building a two family house on Davis Ave. To name a couple of major projects you might of heard of in New York City that went 24/7, Nets Brooklyn Arena, MSG, oh yea and the Freedom Tower just to name a few. The Nets project is in a total residential area the Garden and Freedom Tower have residential areas all around the sites. With the KHS project you would only be working interiors during off hours so disruptions in the neighborhood would be minimal. So let me know if you need a hand with that two family, I'll give you a few pointers kiddo!

Really, plans and scheduling are done by BOE employees? Can you be serious? Totally unfair to blame employees who oversee all 7 of the district's school buildings when there is a CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COMPANY overseeing the project! Do you really think that people who are hired to oversee the safe running of school buildings to also be experts in major construction projects? Do you think someone with that type of expertise would want to be employed to oversee custodians and the everyday running of buildings? As for any productive input from BOE members, does anybody remember that the Fab 5 fired the original architect (for some very sketchy and murky reasons), which obviously does not HELP the project go any smoother. And now you think it's o.k. for them to DEMAND more productivity. Get a grip.

Guest Really !

Really, plans and scheduling are done by BOE employees? Can you be serious? Totally unfair to blame employees who oversee all 7 of the district's school buildings when there is a CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COMPANY overseeing the project! Do you really think that people who are hired to oversee the safe running of school buildings to also be experts in major construction projects? Do you think someone with that type of expertise would want to be employed to oversee custodians and the everyday running of buildings? As for any productive input from BOE members, does anybody remember that the Fab 5 fired the original architect (for some very sketchy and murky reasons), which obviously does not HELP the project go any smoother. And now you think it's o.k. for them to DEMAND more productivity. Get a grip.

You were doing good until you went to the "Fab 5" statement. Now you showed your cards, a$shole. The entire Board of Education fired the original architect not the Fab 5. (9-0) That same architect was also just FIRED from the Becton School project. Obviously Kearny did the RIGHT thing, but what would you know! Fu&ked Up Four supporter. get a life !

You were doing good until you went to the "Fab 5" statement. Now you showed your cards, a$shole. The entire Board of Education fired the original architect not the Fab 5. (9-0) That same architect was also just FIRED from the Becton School project. Obviously Kearny did the RIGHT thing, but what would you know! Fu&ked Up Four supporter. get a life !

Nice language! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? You don't do any favors for the people you support by posting potty mouth trash!

Two words . . . anger management.

Guest Dirty Mind

Nice language! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? You don't do any favors for the people you support by posting potty mouth trash!

What language? If you see bad language than you have a dirty mind and changed cetain characters to spell something you were thinking. Don't kiss your mom!