School construction

Guest Guest

Well if you have never heard of a large scale project going 24/7 than it is you my friend who has never been involved in the construction industry! Yes three shifts for all trades with foreman and sub-foreman, very common practice. That's real construction boy not like building a two family house on Davis Ave. To name a couple of major projects you might of heard of in New York City that went 24/7, Nets Brooklyn Arena, MSG, oh yea and the Freedom Tower just to name a few. The Nets project is in a total residential area the Garden and Freedom Tower have residential areas all around the sites. With the KHS project you would only be working interiors during off hours so disruptions in the neighborhood would be minimal. So let me know if you need a hand with that two family, I'll give you a few pointers kiddo!

The Nets project on Flatbush ave in Brooklyn is NOT in a residential area, to the east the rear borders the LIRR railroad multiple track area, North is a large mall, south is retail stores and west 2 blocks west is yes residential. Your quoting projects that are in the minimum residential areas at best, very little residential in the MSG area and the Freedom Tower is in the financial district. As a Construction Inspector for the past 25 years NY & NJ I do get around. But you are right about multi shifts it can be done if the contractor wanted to do it this is more about a profit issue with him, more hours means more out of pocket and if these guys are Union Sundays are double time and a half. But you would know that being in construction

The Nets project on Flatbush ave in Brooklyn is NOT in a residential area, to the east the rear borders the LIRR railroad multiple track area, North is a large mall, south is retail stores and west 2 blocks west is yes residential. Your quoting projects that are in the minimum residential areas at best, very little residential in the MSG area and the Freedom Tower is in the financial district. As a Construction Inspector for the past 25 years NY & NJ I do get around. But you are right about multi shifts it can be done if the contractor wanted to do it this is more about a profit issue with him, more hours means more out of pocket and if these guys are Union Sundays are double time and a half. But you would know that being in construction

If anyone had any forsight this project could have been negotiated as a PLA project labor agreement with certain concessions given to keep costs down if the customer agrees to using all union labor. And wrong plenty and I mean plenty of residential areas across from MSG and the arena, and if you havnt been paying attention large sections of the financial district are now high end condos and apartments. I worked in the construction industry in NYC for thirty years and never ran into a inspector that covered NY and NJ unless you were some GC quality control hack!

Not a QC hack skippy, I normally work for building owners overseeing construction projects to verify that contractor HACKS do their job right and not cutting corners or using Shoddy workmanship. Dealt with many tools such as yourself over the years

Oh I'm sorry. You're not a hack, you,re a lackey!

If anyone had any forsight this project could have been negotiated as a PLA project labor agreement with certain concessions given to keep costs down if the customer agrees to using all union labor. And wrong plenty and I mean plenty of residential areas across from MSG and the arena, and if you havnt been paying attention large sections of the financial district are now high end condos and apartments. I worked in the construction industry in NYC for thirty years and never ran into a inspector that covered NY and NJ unless you were some GC quality control hack!

Foresight

• 4 weeks later...

lets talk about MORONS I'm not Manor Mooron jackoff think next time before opening your pie hole

No your just a plain old moron! Who obviously wishes he or she, not quite sure on that one grew up in the Manor section of Kearny! Tough guy or is it girl?

Guest Bob The Builder

Lincoln School recently went through a major overhall. Addition, Noise Abatement with the Port Authority. Project went very well. Let's see what's different from the project at the High School Project.

Is it the Plant Operations Management?

No....Same people.

Is it a different Port Authority?

No....Same Port Authority.

Is it a different Board Majority?

Bingo....There's the problem.

Guest This "OLD" House

Lincoln School recently went through a major overhall. Addition, Noise Abatement with the Port Authority. Project went very well. Let's see what's different from the project at the High School Project.

Is it the Plant Operations Management?

No....Same people.

Is it a different Port Authority?

No....Same Port Authority.

Is it a different Board Majority?

Bingo....There's the problem.

Ok, right it's the board majority. Keep trash talking about a group which finally came in and did things on the up and up, not down and dirty. A few posts back, check them out, it was said that it is totally unfair to blame the BOE personnel, that they don't have the expertise in construction and that they run 7 buildings and oversee custodians and maintenance people and that we have a Construction Management Company. Now suddenly you want to give credit to the Plant Operations Management?......OMG, what a joke!!!!! 2 guys that know absolutely NOTHING about Plant Operations and definitely Zero about Management. They both let the nuts run the asylum, thus why there is no Accountability with the "boys" they are supposedly supervising. No management at night so you have employees doing whatever they want or don't want and leaving anytime they want to go home.......real good Management!!!! You and your buddies are crying about "Qualifications" lately look no further than Plant Operations, the head guy was a lawn sprinkler installer and his little sidekick was a reject from wall street who worked, and I use that term loosely, with the over achieving field crew whose only job appears to be driving around town and frequenting local delis. That's all OK though if you want to continue the Politics and Friends and Family Program.........looks like that is what you want to go BACK to right?

We shall all see when Corruption in Kearny causes an eruption, you'll all be scurrying like the rats you are. With you people, it's always about "them" and "us", about "Majority" and "minority", it's always about having the "POWER", I don't know what power you're after, if you are on a Board of Education you have NO power and you're suppose to be there to provide the best education for our kids! But here in Kearny it's not about that with the Doran, Lowry and Lindenfelser campaign. It's about returning to the kiss the ring and get what you want days, it's about revenge, it's about getting family members jobs again, it's about making "Promises" to people, and it's about keeping corruption the way in Kearny!!!!

So let's now explore the difference:

Lincoln School, small scale, straight forward, simple renovation with small addition, total cost, $11,000,000.00.

Kearny High School, large scale, large amounts of demolition, very complex renovation and large addition, total cost $40,000,000.00.

Different architects, different contractors, different playing field. No comparison.

As for your statement about Board Majority.........only 1, yes 1 Board Member was on the Board when Lincoln School was awarded and KHS was awarded, so your statement is as worthless as you. Keep trying!!!!!

Guest Bob The Builder

Ok, right it's the board majority. Keep trash talking about a group which finally came in and did things on the up and up, not down and dirty. A few posts back, check them out, it was said that it is totally unfair to blame the BOE personnel, that they don't have the expertise in construction and that they run 7 buildings and oversee custodians and maintenance people and that we have a Construction Management Company. Now suddenly you want to give credit to the Plant Operations Management?......OMG, what a joke!!!!! 2 guys that know absolutely NOTHING about Plant Operations and definitely Zero about Management. They both let the nuts run the asylum, thus why there is no Accountability with the "boys" they are supposedly supervising. No management at night so you have employees doing whatever they want or don't want and leaving anytime they want to go home.......real good Management!!!! You and your buddies are crying about "Qualifications" lately look no further than Plant Operations, the head guy was a lawn sprinkler installer and his little sidekick was a reject from wall street who worked, and I use that term loosely, with the over achieving field crew whose only job appears to be driving around town and frequenting local delis. That's all OK though if you want to continue the Politics and Friends and Family Program.........looks like that is what you want to go BACK to right?

We shall all see when Corruption in Kearny causes an eruption, you'll all be scurrying like the rats you are. With you people, it's always about "them" and "us", about "Majority" and "minority", it's always about having the "POWER", I don't know what power you're after, if you are on a Board of Education you have NO power and you're suppose to be there to provide the best education for our kids! But here in Kearny it's not about that with the Doran, Lowry and Lindenfelser campaign. It's about returning to the kiss the ring and get what you want days, it's about revenge, it's about getting family members jobs again, it's about making "Promises" to people, and it's about keeping corruption the way in Kearny!!!!

So let's now explore the difference:

Lincoln School, small scale, straight forward, simple renovation with small addition, total cost, $11,000,000.00.

Kearny High School, large scale, large amounts of demolition, very complex renovation and large addition, total cost $40,000,000.00.

Different architects, different contractors, different playing field. No comparison.

As for your statement about Board Majority.........only 1, yes 1 Board Member was on the Board when Lincoln School was awarded and KHS was awarded, so your statement is as worthless as you. Keep trying!!!!!

I must have hit the truth.

Have you ever considered Anger Management Classes?