Illiterate town employees

KHS81

Boy did our town employees drop the ball, recently I was made aware of a street sign located at Hoyt & Devon st. Only Devon was spelled " DENOV" st. Do we hire the illiterate those who cannot read or is it just plain laziness that our town employees are exhibiting. It is my opinion that the town employees who dropped the ball should foot the bill for a new sign and the time and wages it takes to replace this screwup.

Guest guest

chances are some other company makes the signs for the town. I highly doubt Kearny DPW workers are building street signs in their spare time. The person who put the sign up is a d**b a**, but i doubt that person is the one who actually created the sign

Guest Guest

I'm not trying to be a smart ass and I truly don't know the answer to the question I'm about to ask, but don't they order those signs from somewhere else? Sure they may have "overlooked" the mistake and still put the sign up but I don't think calling the town employess illiterate over a mistake, that probably didn't even stem from them, is really appropriate.

Just my opinion.

Guest 2smart4u

Boy did our town employees drop the ball, recently I was made aware of a street sign located at Hoyt & Devon st. Only Devon was spelled " DENOV" st. Do we hire the illiterate those who cannot read or is it just plain laziness that our town employees are exhibiting. It is my opinion that the town employees who dropped the ball should foot the bill for a new sign and the time and wages it takes to replace this screwup.

Hey, cut him a break. He's a zerO zOmbie, he's not very smart.

Guest Guest

The town employees didn't create the sign but they did erect it. One would hope that they could see that the word Devon was spelled incorrectly and should have NOT put the sign up on the corner. Common Sense seems to be a thing of the past.

To the first 3 posts who also apparently are illiterate themselves and CANNOT read, no where in the original post did I state that the town made the sign. The town ordered the sign from another company, however the person who opened the package didn't catch the error nor did those who installed the sign. Had the sign not been installed it could have been returned for the correct one. 2smart4u STFU