KHS Musical

Guest Guest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
I thought she was Annie at SSS. Anyway, you wouldn't believe how good she is now! She won best musical singer at the Hudson County Teen Arts festival last year and went on to the states. This girl could make it to Broadway if she put her mind to it. Come and see for yourself March 15, 16 and 17 at Kearny High school.

Huh, You're telling me! I knew this kid kicked ass in 8th grade...rough around the edges and such, but nontheless the most powerful voice i ever heard from a 13 year old...but now! My god! Not only can this girl belt some high notes, but she can really act too! I mean, her facial expressions were just there! And the way she carries herself on stage...you would think she was a professional! I saw her thursday night and seriously...she stole the show. I mean, everyone did an amazing job, but really this girl has the most talented voice i've ever heard. I swear, if she isn't singing her little heart out on broadway someday...broadway will DEFINITLY be missing out! Round of applause to the entire cast! Great job everyone! I can't wait to see what your director will be putting on next year!!

Guest Guest
The young lady playing Grace, has the most beautiful voice that has ever been on the KHS stage. I have seen over 20 years of KHS musicals and concerts and she has the sweetest voice. OUSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie........OUSTANDING!!!!!!!!!WOW what an actress and singer!

Miss Hannigan..........OUTSTANDING!!!!! DOUBLE WOW what an actress and singer!!

Daddy Warbucks.....OUSTANDING!!!!!

All the orphans....OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

The young man playing the radio guy and the president definately has a future in the KHS stage....OUSTANDING!!!!

The butler, Drake, I think his name was ....what a SCREAM...OUTSTANDING!

I can't say it enough..... every person on that stage was OUSTANDING!

The maids, the butlers the homeless people, the singing, the dancing, the jokes...

OUSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the actors were cast perfectly!!  The scenery was simply SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

The stage crew made the scene changes look like a Broadway stage!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW what an orchestra!!!!!!! Who needs Broadway.

These are truly dedicated young people and must have worked really really hard.

The faculty that worked with them must be very very proud of what they accomplished.

Most of all .................KEARNY should be proud of them!!!

We should see more of this on the front page!!!!

Thank you for a most enjoyable night of entertainment.

I heard they are doing it again Sunday at 1:00....I'm going again!

Daddy Warbukcs really impressed me. He looked really good on stage and He carried the show very well. Annie was amazing! She was so adorable...especially when she came down the stairs with the hair and outfit. Grace is a very pretty young lady and has the voice of an angel. I could listen to her sing all day! That miss hannigan. let me tell you. What an actress! I couldn't believe she is only a junior. She also has one hell of a voice too. What a talented cast. absolutely amazing!

Guest Guest
Not at all! all of this........

"Saw the KHS dress rehearsal tonight! Unbelievable! Come and see something.........POSITIVE!

Daddy Warbucks.................fantastic!

Miss Hannigan.........this girl will be on Broadway someday..............

Annie............she will be too unless she becomes a doctor or lawyer........

The girl playing the secretary, Grace is it? A Nightingale...  purest voice I ever heard coming out of KHS

Do YOURSELF a favor this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.......

many, MANY other talented students! INCREDIBLE!"

..................is absolutely true! Come and see for yourself!

Definitly true! The entire cast put on such a good show...i saw it all 3 nights and everytime it was fantastic. So much talent at such a young age.

FDR, Daddy Warbucks, and Ms. Hannigan were the only noteworhty performances in the show. They put their fellow cast members to shame. I don't think it's nice to single people out, but since you guys are doing it anyway, I might as well. Overall though, the show was terribly boring. I really don't think we need to see this one again at any area high school for the next 20 years. Kearny High School's musical department is less geared towards actually putting on a challenging, adult production and more inclined towards putting on something for the kids (Seussical, the Wiz, Annie) that will bring in guests and money ($10 for adults). How about A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum again? Something that will be new to a lot of young guests. No? Okay.

I will say this though, Annie was the tightest performance I have ever seen at Kearny High. Though I only noted a few of the cast members, not one member did a bad job. I didn't notice one mistake.

Guest Guest
FDR, Daddy Warbucks, and Ms. Hannigan were the only noteworhty performances in the show.  They put their fellow cast members to shame.  I don't think it's nice to single people out, but since you guys are doing it anyway, I might as well. Overall though, the show was terribly boring.  I really don't think we need to see this one again at any area high school for the next 20 years.  Kearny High School's musical department is less geared towards actually putting on a challenging, adult production and more inclined towards putting on something for the kids (Seussical, the Wiz, Annie) that will bring in guests and money ($10 for adults).  How about A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum again?  Something that will be new to a lot of young guests.  No?  Okay.

I will say this though, Annie was the tightest performance I have ever seen at Kearny High.  Though I only noted a few of the cast members, not one member did a bad job.  I didn't notice one mistake.

"ANNIE" just went back to Broadway. Do you think that was so kids would pay $100 to go see it, maybe jump on the Path train by themselves and catch a show? Are you kidding?

You didn't think the girl who played Annie was great in the role? She auditioned for the role in a road company out of NYC when she was 8 years old and got to the final twelve. A company out oif NYC! You don't think those people knew what they were doing?! You are more a more important critic than the people in New York?

The girl who played Grace, the secretary........you don't think she has a beautiful voice? Who are you exactly? Marvin Hamlish? $10 is a lot? You go to any other local high school shows? What do you pay at QP?

The show was boring AND one of the tightest you've ever seen?! So it was done extremely well but you hate the people that wrote the show? Shouldn't have ever been on Broadway? Who are you?

Put their fellow cast members to shame?! Grace? the orphans? the butler? The cop? The dog? Rooster? his girlfriend? To shame? Shame?! Who are you?

"ANNIE" just went back to Broadway. Do you think that was so kids would pay $100 to go see it, maybe jump on the Path train by themselves and catch a show? Are you kidding?

You didn't think the girl who played Annie was great in the role? She auditioned for the role in a road company out of NYC when she was 8 years old and got to the final twelve. A company out oif NYC! You don't think those people knew what they were doing?! You are more a more important critic than the people in New York?

The girl who played Grace, the secretary........you don't think she has a beautiful voice? Who are you exactly? Marvin Hamlish? $10 is a lot? You go to any other local high school shows? What do you pay at QP?

The show was boring AND one of the tightest you've ever seen?! So it was done extremely well but you hate the people that wrote the show? Shouldn't have ever been on Broadway? Who are you?

Put their fellow cast members to shame?! Grace? the orphans? the butler? The cop? The dog? Rooster? his girlfriend? To shame? Shame?! Who are you?

(emphasis added)

I'd hate to know what you'd do to them if you found out. :lol:

Guest Guest
FDR, Daddy Warbucks, and Ms. Hannigan were the only noteworhty performances in the show.  They put their fellow cast members to shame.  I don't think it's nice to single people out, but since you guys are doing it anyway, I might as well. Overall though, the show was terribly boring.  I really don't think we need to see this one again at any area high school for the next 20 years.  Kearny High School's musical department is less geared towards actually putting on a challenging, adult production and more inclined towards putting on something for the kids (Seussical, the Wiz, Annie) that will bring in guests and money ($10 for adults).  How about A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum again?  Something that will be new to a lot of young guests.  No?  Okay.

I will say this though, Annie was the tightest performance I have ever seen at Kearny High.  Though I only noted a few of the cast members, not one member did a bad job.  I didn't notice one mistake.

put their cast members to shame? That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I certainly don't think it was FDR's, Daddy Warbucks's, or Ms. Hannigan's intention to put people to shame. All they did was try out for their high school musical and hope for the best. They were assigned their role(s) and did the best they could with their character. Why would the school put on something "adult like"? Yeah! Lets do Avenue Q! Or better yet Cabaret...because ya know, adults enjoy those kinds of things. The show is meant for the kids who like musical theatre and for kids who want to enjoy themselves in high school. YOu know, KIDS, who actually have to do this show. Ya darn right they didn't do a bad job. The kids work hard for what they have to work with.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Consdering how little sense that would make, since I'm not the one who wrote the post they responded to, I wouldn't be surprised they'd do something so silly.

Please post an example of this alleged lack of credibility, if you can. :P

You work for the town. Case closed.

You work for the town.  Case closed.

What an idiotic assertion...pathetic is the one who uses one's occupation (and in this case, not even--there are lots of jobs that fall under "work for the town," you know. You fools will just assume I have the most menial job imaginable and criticize me for it, even though: 1. Even if I had the most menial town job possible, it wouldn't mean I wasn't credible 2. You have no idea what my actual job is, and I can tell it kills you guys inside :rolleyes: ) to decide one's credibility. Pathetic indeed.