Hurricane Warning

KOTW

With Hurricane Irene approaching, KOTW has decided to attempt to us this board to provide updates to local residents on storm conditions including flooding, power cables down,fallen trees, and other storm related information.

KOTW will post updates on this thread from members of the community so long as our power remains on and we are able to access the internet. The Harrison Weather Station has the storm hitting the West Hudson area with winds of 60 mph and gusts possibly up to 90 mph. That is a significant storm.

We hope everyone remains safe. Please report any flood conditions, fallen trees, power cables down on this thread.

KOTW

With Hurricane Irene approaching, KOTW has decided to attempt to us this board to provide updates to local residents on storm conditions including flooding, power cables down,fallen trees, and other storm related information.

KOTW will post updates on this thread from members of the community so long as our power remains on and we are able to access the internet. The Harrison Weather Station has the storm hitting the West Hudson area with winds of 60 mph and gusts possibly up to 90 mph. That is a significant storm.

We hope everyone remains safe. Please report any flood conditions, fallen trees, power cables down on this thread.

KOTW

KOTW,

F**K yourself. You run the worst forum in the history of internet forums. You delay every post by a F**KING year so that you can edit out the names of public figures. Why would I want to heed warnings from you? Seriously. The hurricane will be here and gone before anybody can even respond to this message. So wtf.

I understand that you need to keep the slander to a minimum, but goddamn. Why don't you just force people to register using valid e-mail addresses? Problem solved. You can punish people who violate privacy issues. You can also use IP addresses to keep trolls off of your forum. But no, you'd rather censor the crap out of people and stifle flowing debates.

You're an idiot... whoever you are.

Sincerely,

KO

KOTW,

F**K yourself. You run the worst forum in the history of internet forums. You delay every post by a F**KING year so that you can edit out the names of public figures. Why would I want to heed warnings from you? Seriously. The hurricane will be here and gone before anybody can even respond to this message. So wtf.

I understand that you need to keep the slander to a minimum, but goddamn. Why don't you just force people to register using valid e-mail addresses? Problem solved. You can punish people who violate privacy issues. You can also use IP addresses to keep trolls off of your forum. But no, you'd rather censor the crap out of people and stifle flowing debates.

You're an idiot... whoever you are.

Sincerely,

KO

And the IDIOT of the year award goes to KO, you claim this site to be the worst forum in history yet here you are posting away, if it S**ks so bad why keep coming back

Guest Studies and Observations

And the IDIOT of the year award goes to KO, you claim this site to be the worst forum in history yet here you are posting away, if it S**ks so bad why keep coming back

Beat me to that one....the Irony wasn't lost.

I think that, in my opinion, that ff Jus Sayin should be the Grand J/O of the begging brigade as these crying weak morons morons for something that happened 10 years ago should shut up and go away. Enough already. MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

KOTW

Was I correct though? There were no updates, no discussions about flood conditions or fallen tress. There was nothing at all. And were there fallen trees, flood conditions and the rest in Kearny? Yes. You can give me whatever made up award you'd like. And feel free to misuse the word irony too. I don't give a shit. At the end of the day, this forum is complete garbage and lags like hell. So I'm right. Study and Observe, my pseudo-intellectual amigo.

Ahhhh....one month and then the 35% medical contributions and the 10% pension contributions start kicking in for the, in my opinion, the way overpaid firemens salaries in NJ, namely Harrison and Kearny. FF is just a grown childs game that anyone can play. The ff no longer go into buildings and wear 50 lbs. of heat resistant, flame retardent material so they cannot get hurt. I love it when the ff's grab a cat running near a fire and they pick it up, claim they saved it from the fire, and like 10 of them get into a picture for the newspaper. Some Kearny ff should read textbooks from the firemens bookcase in the Harrison library to increase their scope of knowledge. How can Harrison sell the library with this treasured cardboard piece in it? There should be a 24 hour on duty fireman guarding this massive amount of information so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Gotta go polish my halogen tool and hold my jacket over a garbage can fire so it smells like smoke.

Was I correct though? There were no updates, no discussions about flood conditions or fallen tress. There was nothing at all. And were there fallen trees, flood conditions and the rest in Kearny? Yes. You can give me whatever made up award you'd like. And feel free to misuse the word irony too. I don't give a shit. At the end of the day, this forum is complete garbage and lags like hell. So I'm right. Study and Observe, my pseudo-intellectual amigo.

Nope, not misused at all....it is ABSOULTELY Ironic that you classify this board as useless..yet spend time enough here to not only know the Admin's patterns, but post yourself. This board is a HOBBY for the owner, not a profession, it is done in his/her spare time, and Still manages to get a hell of a lot more traffic than NJ.com's Kearny Forum. If you find it that offensive here, I just don't understand why you persist in presenting yourself here. You may call ME the Pseudo-Intellectual, But My sole purpose here doesn't seem to be merely to B**ch about things..as you do with pretty much every post. While I do in fact, wish that KOTW would update more quickly, I am also aware of why this is done as it is, since in the past KOTW has been subpoenaed for user information and ISP's due to people posting rumors, and allegations of criminal acts with no actual facts or documentation to back them up. In fact a small Shore-area Paper/Forum has been going through a Lawsuit for the past year or so because some whiny local politician got her panties in a wad over something posted. I can't say I blame the owner of KOTW for not wanting to put his financial well-being on the line for some of the nonsense that is posted here by what appears to be no more than trained monkeys (Especially in the case of the "Guest" who seems to be dangerously obsessed with Firefighters), and poorly trained at that. While KOTW going to a purely Registered user base would alleviate a lot of the Chaff, it would also cause some of the posters (ie. Kearny or Harrison Town Employees) IMO to stop posting for fear that they A: Could not speak openly about matters in their Town's Politics due to the threat of Retaliation, or B: fear that one of the aforementioned Monkeys would "Arock" them by trying to interfere with their employment by making up false complaints as a form of Harassment. Anonymous complaints still have to be Investigated, and generate concern, nevermind waste the time of everyone involved......and taxpayer money.

Nope, not misused at all....it is ABSOULTELY Ironic that you classify this board as useless..yet spend time enough here to not only know the Admin's patterns, but post yourself. This board is a HOBBY for the owner, not a profession, it is done in his/her spare time, and Still manages to get a hell of a lot more traffic than NJ.com's Kearny Forum. If you find it that offensive here, I just don't understand why you persist in presenting yourself here. You may call ME the Pseudo-Intellectual, But My sole purpose here doesn't seem to be merely to B**ch about things..as you do with pretty much every post. While I do in fact, wish that KOTW would update more quickly, I am also aware of why this is done as it is, since in the past KOTW has been subpoenaed for user information and ISP's due to people posting rumors, and allegations of criminal acts with no actual facts or documentation to back them up. In fact a small Shore-area Paper/Forum has been going through a Lawsuit for the past year or so because some whiny local politician got her panties in a wad over something posted. I can't say I blame the owner of KOTW for not wanting to put his financial well-being on the line for some of the nonsense that is posted here by what appears to be no more than trained monkeys (Especially in the case of the "Guest" who seems to be dangerously obsessed with Firefighters), and poorly trained at that. While KOTW going to a purely Registered user base would alleviate a lot of the Chaff, it would also cause some of the posters (ie. Kearny or Harrison Town Employees) IMO to stop posting for fear that they A: Could not speak openly about matters in their Town's Politics due to the threat of Retaliation, or B: fear that one of the aforementioned Monkeys would "Arock" them by trying to interfere with their employment by making up false complaints as a form of Harassment. Anonymous complaints still have to be Investigated, and generate concern, nevermind waste the time of everyone involved......and taxpayer money.

I never classified this board as useless. I may have suggested that it was inept in regards to issuing warnings, but I never suggested that the board itself was/is wholly useless. So there: your use of the word irony is wrong in this case. It's not ironic that I would use an internet forum to complain about said internet forum. That's like pointing out that using freedom of speech to argue against an oppressive regime is ironic. My right to complain is a tool at my disposal, and I'm merely attempting to make this forum better by persuading (if not so gently) the admin to quicken the pace of this forum back to its old speed.

Irony requires a certain amount of pure hypocrisy, a diametric nature, a certain contriness that makes it impossible for you to use "irony" to refer to my stance and actions against this forum. Sure, one may protest the quality of this forum by refusing to use it, but I still enjoy the inflammatory debates that take place here. My thought was simply that it was inane for the admin to get into the business of emergency information. I still love to come here and spar with Studies and Opinions and 2dumb4anybody. So why should an alternative course of action in protest be seen as ironic? It's alternative, not ironic. It may seem unlikely to you, but it's still not ironic. You can't just say something or anything is ironic to sound smarter in regular conversation. The word is overused already. Leave it alone.

In regards to your description of the pitfalls of running an internet forum: They are plenty. Subpoenas are annoying. Slander and libel are always in play when discussing the legal difficulties of hosting an internet forum. However, thanks to the freedoms (under the law) applied to the internet, the admin is protected from punishment. He/seh would not be driven to financial distress either. Hosting libel and slander in an open/public forum will not implicate him/her.

And now: THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM, THE COMPLETE UNDERMINING OF YOUR DEFENSE OF IT and TRUE IRONY

If the worst possible scenario in any situation is violent harm done to an individual (nobody wants to argue this, right?), why does the admin of this forum let vague and obvious threats be dispersed so freely (post-review)? Also, the moderator here has done nothing to reduce rumors, allegations and complaints that you say become difficult when running a forum. So what is the admin censoring exactly? YOU are the one who mentioned the rabid anti-firefighter. I'll mention the crazy person who wants to kill EMTs. They both get bullhorns on this site. And you describe the functionality of my solution in great detail. Registration works. It is irresponsible, and sometimes illegal, for town employees, politicians, etc. to divulge and discuss certain information in public forums, so maybe they shouldn't be here anonymously!

Is the admin afraid that their name will become publicized and they'll face ridicule? Is that the issue here? Because let me tell you, other public figures have been completely lambasted on this site with no protection from the admin. And when the person is not a public figure, the admin lets posters describe in cryptic detail who said person is. We've all seen it. So, Studies, the pitfalls which require censorship, they're there. However, the admin does nothing to avoid them. Weird if you ask me. In fact, IT'S COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IRONIC. Why would somebody go through all of the trouble of delaying posts to hell and then allow threats, rumors, allegations and the like to appear on their forum? TELL ME!

Also, if you're looking for a great example of just how hard it is to prosecute an internet libel suit, look here: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/story?id=6960397&page=4 . It's dated but relevant. And Studies, thanks so much for providing a link to your story where somebody "got their panties in a wad." Maybe you should study a book on misogynistic shit that people shouldn't say. And now I know why your name is not "Studies, Observations and Citations." Great.

By the way, I'd just like to give a big thanks to the moderator/administrator of this forum. You were really heroic in keeping us all updated on the hurricane. Cheers!

-ko

Wow a whole wall of twext once again just to B**ch and whine.....i'm Shocked.

Here's your link Skippy. While the suit was eventually dropped, it still dragged on for a VERY long time costing the owner of that forum aggravation, and attorney's fees.

Wow a whole wall of twext once again just to B**ch and whine.....i'm Shocked.

Here's your link Skippy. While the suit was eventually dropped, it still dragged on for a VERY long time costing the owner of that forum aggravation, and attorney's fees.

Can you please change your name? I don't see the link here either, but I can assume this person incurred legal fees because he/she sought legal advice. If I were in such a situation, I would probably have just consulted my first amendment rights and spared myself whatever three-figure/hour wage a lawyer would have charge me. Anyway, you never study and you rarely observe (at least not too well). Again, though, thanks for helping me prove my point about how shitty the pace of this forum is.