King St. Parking

Guest Home owner

Guest Home owner

As a homeowner close to the High School,I find it very inconsiderate of the town for not adding lines on King St..For all the taxes we pay in this town I and others who live near King St. are tired of haveing to walk sometimes for blocks to get to our houses.The people who are working on the school along with the students and teachers are filling the area so much that there is no where to park anymore for us homeowners.The Superintendent should have some consideration and find parking for the teachers at least.

That front lawn of the school should be removed and teacher parking should be put in there.Didn't anyone ever think of that.For a school that has so many degrees that is a no brainer. We are sick and tired of being the people who has to pay for that also.

Guest Homeowner also

As a homeowner close to the High School,I find it very inconsiderate of the town for not adding lines on King St..For all the taxes we pay in this town I and others who live near King St. are tired of haveing to walk sometimes for blocks to get to our houses.The people who are working on the school along with the students and teachers are filling the area so much that there is no where to park anymore for us homeowners.The Superintendent should have some consideration and find parking for the teachers at least.

That front lawn of the school should be removed and teacher parking should be put in there.Didn't anyone ever think of that.For a school that has so many degrees that is a no brainer. We are sick and tired of being the people who has to pay for that also.

I too am a homeowner near the high school. During the summer months, parking is great. Once school starts, that is another thing. The parking issue is actually a town problem, not a school problem. Maybe the town should consider parking permits for the residence around the high school, as well as the teachers. All others could be ticketed and towed.

Guest Frustrated on Forest

School staff can use the former hospital garage on Bergen Avenue. None do. Is it too long of a block to walk? Or is it that most teachers and administrators live out of town, so adding 5 minutes to the commute is too inconvenient for them?

Guest neighbor

School staff can use the former hospital garage on Bergen Avenue. None do. Is it too long of a block to walk? Or is it that most teachers and administrators live out of town, so adding 5 minutes to the commute is too inconvenient for them?

I can understand that they don't want to walk from Bergen ave, especialy in the winter, that is a little hike .The right thing to do is get rid of that front lawn and have some consideration for them and make parking there.The front lawn serves no purpose and this will help us living on the surrounding blocks.Would the Administration like to park on Bergen Ave, I seriously doubt it.

The idea of adding lines for parking is a great idea.This will eliminate people who are ignorant and have no consideration for others. This will require the police to get off their cell phones while driving and write some tickets for those who don't stay in the lines around here .

Another neighbor.

Let me ask you, did you buy your house before the high school was built?

Guest homeowner

Was the High School there when you bought your house or did they put the High School there after you bought your house?

What doe's that have to do with anything. That sounds like a snide remark from the super or a Administrator. The fact remains the parking is out of control around the school for us. All we are asking is for a little consideration,You can't do that.It would take nothing for them to make parking in the front of the school for the staff and help us who live along the school.You would be a hero .How doe's that sound.Is that what you want to hear.

LOL!

I grew up in that area and my parents lived there for over fifty years and never complained about the parking. they knew that living near a school these were issues that you just had to live with. When my brothers and sister all were driving with their own cars you know what they did they put in a driveway!Kearny High has added parking, the area across the street from the high school on Devon street used to be a plaza area where the students could hang out but years ago they changed it into a parking lot affecting the asthetic beauty the school had, and now you want to take the nice grass areas and change that into parking ? Please move!!!

Administrators have assigned parking in the KHS parking garage, so that is a no brainer. How far do you walk to your job?

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I was a senoir at KHS we all used to park on King or Garfield aves, even 30 years ago parking was at best difficult.The teachers and admin, have better parking conditions today and should be using them. Whether it be the old plaza,the school parking garage, or the Bergen ave garage. King st should be resident only from 4pm til 7am.

I remember when I was a senoir at KHS we all used to park on King or Garfield aves, even 30 years ago parking was at best difficult.The teachers and admin, have better parking conditions today and should be using them. Whether it be the old plaza,the school parking garage, or the Bergen ave garage. King st should be resident only from 4pm til 7am.

You were a senoir huh? French for senior? The admins and teachers do use the plaza and garage of course, they are the closest spots. What about the teachers that are hard at work beyond 4 pm?

KUDOS!

Funny, 50 years ago when my parents bought their house in that neighborhood, by father discovered in September that there was no parking on the street when he came home from the over night shift. He put in a driveway. The parking situation near KHS isn't a new issue. Parking around any of the schools in Kearny is a problem from 8 - 4 weekdays - always has been always will be!