Jimmy Carter happy.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Jimmy Carter is all smiles these days, he's no longer considered the worst american president ever.

B.H. Obama now officially owns that title.

While it took Jimmy 4 years to accomplish this feat, the Annointed One has done it in 10 months.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Carter is all smiles these days, he's no longer considered the worst american president ever.

While it took Jimmy 4 years to accomplish this feat, the Annointed One has done it in 10 months.

Hmmm, Seems to mee you have forgotten all about GW. BTW, F**K off you piece of shit! Ahhh..... now I feel better.

Tumor4u!! :blink:

Longing for the days of cowardly ninnies in wannabe flightsuits ready to "smoke 'em out" for imaginary WMDs in Iraq?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, deadender!! :huh:

Didja ever get a professional appointment for your anger fixation upon POTUS Barry Obama? Think "vicious consequence" if you DON'T make that call, tumor4u. :lol:

New Jersey Anger Management Directory

http://new-jersey.uscity.net/Anger_Management/

Guest 2smart4u
Tumor4u!! :blink:

Longing for the days of cowardly ninnies in wannabe flightsuits ready to "smoke 'em out" for imaginary WMDs in Iraq?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, deadender!! :huh:

Didja ever get a professional appointment for your anger fixation upon POTUS Barry Obama? Think "vicious consequence" if you DON'T make that call, tumor4u. :lol:

New Jersey Anger Management Directory

http://new-jersey.uscity.net/Anger_Management/

No need for that, I am very happy these days. Every day when I see Obama's poll numbers dropping

further I immediately begin to feel there's still a chance for America.

The American public is beginning to recognize the mistake it made in putting this inexperienced community

organizer who was never in charge of anything, in charge of the U.S. government.

When I see the huge turnouts for the Tea Party Tours, the 800,000 copies of Palin's book sold in the first week, it's evident the tide has turned.

As the 3 Amigos keep trying to shove unwanted health bills, cap & tax bills, stimulus and bailout bills, all with tax increases, down America's throat, I feel an elation knowing I'm witnessing the final stumbling moves of

a doomed imposter to the presidency.

I would keep that website handy if I were you.

No need for that, I am very happy these days. Every day when I see Obama's poll numbers dropping

further I immediately begin to feel there's still a chance for America.

The American public is beginning to recognize the mistake it made in putting this inexperienced community

organizer who was never in charge of anything, in charge of the U.S. government.

When I see the huge turnouts for the Tea Party Tours, the 800,000 copies of Palin's book sold in the first week, it's evident the tide has turned.

As the 3 Amigos keep trying to shove unwanted health bills, cap & tax bills, stimulus and bailout bills, all with tax increases, down America's throat, I feel an elation knowing I'm witnessing the final stumbling moves of

a doomed imposter to the presidency.

I would keep that website handy if I were you.

Got denial, deadender? :huh:

Guest Dwayne C

Wow, worst ever? Worse than Grant, the most corrupt ever? Worse than Hoover, who did nothing as the Great Depression struck? Worse than Wilson, who instituted racial discrimination for federal employees? That is quite a feat. At least it is official. Is there a certificate and everything/

Wow, worst ever? Worse than Grant, the most corrupt ever? Worse than Hoover, who did nothing as the Great Depression struck? Worse than Wilson, who instituted racial discrimination for federal employees? That is quite a feat. At least it is official. Is there a certificate and everything/

I recommended a book on this site earlier, (couple of months ago) it is called The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes, it gives a history of the Great Depression. I'm not going to defend Hoover, but I do question FDR's deification as a savior; he was more like the guy whose lights go out and proceeds to throw every switch in the breaker box. It is a good book, a bit tedious, but since you have given reasoned and rational posts, I thought you might give it a look.

No one else ever read it, so if you don't, its no biggie. LOL. Just a different viewpoint.

Guest Joe Friday

As a black man who grew up in the south, I would think you would love Grant. LOL.

Guest Dwayne C
I recommended a book on this site earlier, (couple of months ago) it is called The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes, it gives a history of the Great Depression. I'm not going to defend Hoover, but I do question FDR's deification as a savior; he was more like the guy whose lights go out and proceeds to throw every switch in the breaker box. It is a good book, a bit tedious, but since you have given reasoned and rational posts, I thought you might give it a look.

No one else ever read it, so if you don't, its no biggie. LOL. Just a different viewpoint.

I already have a lot of reading to do for finals, but it sounds good. I actually believe that both sides are right on this issue-the frugality and work ethic learned during those times AND FDR's programs both played a role in our following prosperity.

I already have a lot of reading to do for finals, but it sounds good. I actually believe that both sides are right on this issue-the frugality and work ethic learned during those times AND FDR's programs both played a role in our following prosperity.

Keep studying. FDR's programs had little to do with dragging the US out of the depression. Unless you want to call production for WWII one of his programs.

Guest Dwayne C
Keep studying. FDR's programs had little to do with dragging the US out of the depression. Unless you want to call production for WWII one of his programs.

Common misconception. Look at the numbers-we were only able to afford the Lend-Lease Program because we were already recovering. Like usual, the truth is somewhere between the hardcore Left and hardcore Right positions. Both sides are partially right, so both sides want to take full credit.

Some quick charts to get you started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GDP_depression.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Unemp...t_1910-1960.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_GDP_10-60.jpg

There is a steady rise throughout the 30s, well before war was thought inevitable. At a point where people actually became worried there is a dip (1937) then the ramping up for war does cause a boom-but that boom brought an entirely new level of prosperity. The economy had already recovered to the previous level and the so-called mini-depression was brought on by fears of war.

Common misconception. Look at the numbers-we were only able to afford the Lend-Lease Program because we were already recovering. Like usual, the truth is somewhere between the hardcore Left and hardcore Right positions. Both sides are partially right, so both sides want to take full credit.

There is a steady rise throughout the 30s, well before war was thought inevitable. At a point where people actually became worried there is a dip (1937) then the ramping up for war does cause a boom-but that boom brought an entirely new level of prosperity. The economy had already recovered to the previous level and the so-called mini-depression was brought on by fears of war.

The only common misconception is that FDR's programs saved the country.

Guest 2smart4u

Good grief! What does all this diarrhea have to do with Jimmy Carter not being the worst president in

history anymore thanks to the ineptitude of our new title holder??

Guest 2smart4u

Good grief! What does all this diarrhea have to do with Jimmy Carter not being the worst president in

Guest Dwayne C
The only common misconception is that FDR's programs saved the country.

Good thing I never said that they did then. They definitely helped-there is a turnaround at EXACTLY the right time. However, I said before that I also believe that the virtues learned during that era also helped, which is exactly what is taught by the conservative point of view. As I've said in EVERY SINGLE POST on the issue, both sides are right.

What I was specifically referring to, of course was the misconception stated in the very post that I quoted-that the Depression only ended with the WW2 boom years. Since I already proved that wrong, why yes, it is a misconception. Denying it without showing that I'm wrong is simply burying your head in the sand. I know conservatives hate the New Deal, but the numbers don't lie.

Guest Dwayne C

That's odd, I didn't know that we were obliged to only discuss the original topic. Very well...

Care to make a case for Carter being the worst president in history? Or for Obama being the most inept? simply stating something does not make it true. Why specifically is Carter worse than Grant, Wilson, or Hoover? How specifically is Obama worse than Carter?

Jimmy Carter was weakened because he tried to take on the power structure early in his presidency. This weakened him and he never recovered from that.

However, he did not get us into a disastrous war or bring the country to the brink of complete economic collapse. And if we had listened to him on energy, we wouldn't be in the trouble we are in today. He was far from our worst president, as reflected in the opinions of most historians and other presidential scholars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_ra...ates_Presidents Scroll down to the table to see a compendium of the most notable surveys.

But why should the facts matter to 2stupid4words? They never do.

Guest 2smart4u
That's odd, I didn't know that we were obliged to only discuss the original topic. Very well...

Care to make a case for Carter being the worst president in history? Or for Obama being the most inept? simply stating something does not make it true. Why specifically is Carter worse than Grant, Wilson, or Hoover? How specifically is Obama worse than Carter?

All that time you spent in the south must have been without electricity. Google any of a number of polls that rate the presidents, Carter is always rated the worst.

Do you really need me to enumerate all the disasters Obama has perpetrated upon our country in only his first year? I'll throw out a few; cash for clunkers,

stimulus program, bailout program. He's also trying to add to the disaster list with his ObamaCare and cap n trade.

Good thing I never said that they did then. They definitely helped-there is a turnaround at EXACTLY the right time. However, I said before that I also believe that the virtues learned during that era also helped, which is exactly what is taught by the conservative point of view. As I've said in EVERY SINGLE POST on the issue, both sides are right.

What I was specifically referring to, of course was the misconception stated in the very post that I quoted-that the Depression only ended with the WW2 boom years. Since I already proved that wrong, why yes, it is a misconception. Denying it without showing that I'm wrong is simply burying your head in the sand. I know conservatives hate the New Deal, but the numbers don't lie.

It's going to take more than wikipedia links to prove your point. FDR was beloved and that clouded people's view of what his program's actually did. In hindsight, his programs did far less for that recovery than people thought.

All that time you spent in the south must have been without electricity. Google any of a number of polls that rate the presidents, Carter is always rated the worst.

Do you really need me to enumerate all the disasters Obama has perpetrated upon our country in only his first year? I'll throw out a few; cash for clunkers,

stimulus program, bailout program. He's also trying to add to the disaster list with his ObamaCare and cap n trade.

-Stimulus worked (but fell short of its goals)

-bailout worked (haven't seen wall street do very shitty lately)

-Cash for clunkers basically had the same sentiments as the stimulus and seems to have stabalized the auto industry thus far (too soon to tell how they will fair in the long run)

-Obamacare wouldn't be a disaster for me (i don't have healthcare)

-Cap and trade is an issue with you? You burning a lot of coal these days, buddy? There NEEDS to be incentive for people to STOP POLLUTING.

I can name 1 mistake, though:

Trying to clean up the mess Bush made in Afghanistan. This is going to cost this country dearly.

Last I checked, Obama's approval ratings haven't hit the 20s.