Kearny Board of Education

Guest *Kearny Lawyer*

Guest *Kearny Lawyer*

You want to cut the reakless usleless spending in this town? It is the Board of Education. Start there. We have a "VP" of discipline (gimme a break!) that makes 130,000 a year. When I was in school Mr. Kirk did a better job, got better results for half that salary.

VP of Athletics? Pay $140,000 a year? what a joke, This guy is a gym teacher making that much money, Mr Aulisi did a way better job for over half of that. And he cared about all sports, not just soccer. Romano, Ciffeli, even Somma were ALL better. VP of Education? that's also a joke at $140,000, especially with our curriculum. Now Mr Gillespie, there was an educator.

Here is the best. Look at the Principal salary, Someone who was never even a VP, ran even an elementary school, is handed a job at the salary, one of which he is ill equipped to handled. The mistakes he has made are legendary and has set back this school decades.

I was sitting outside wating for a closed meeting of the BOE. When the 2 students came out, they were crying. They were kicked out of school, and had to go through home-schooling, I know these 2 boys, they are very good athletes. And they are very nice kids (the father is a ****) so we decide to spend $40,000 for kids who alledgedly stole a $300 laptop. HHHHMMMM his seems like a logical solution. Alls it is is these con artists in the administration at the HS justifying their positions. They have cost millions in law suits with the religion issue, sex scandal, school uniforms and now I imagine this latest fiasco with these 2 students have retained very good counsel. You wanna look at waste, look no further than the BOE, as that is where half all property taxes go. Leadbeater could do good by nominating a business administrator to oversee how the BOE is wasting all its money, then you will a decrease in taxes. and I mean you iwll see a decrease immediately. Leadbeater is already talking about it. Vote for Leadbeater.

You want to cut the reakless usleless spending in this town? It is the Board of Education. Start there. We have a "VP" of discipline (gimme a break!) that makes 130,000 a year. When I was in school Mr. Kirk did a better job, got better results for half that salary.

VP of Athletics? Pay $140,000 a year? what a joke, This guy is a gym teacher making that much money, Mr Aulisi did a way better job for over half of that. And he cared about all sports, not just soccer. Romano, Ciffeli, even Somma were ALL better. VP of Education? that's also a joke at $140,000, especially with our curriculum. Now Mr Gillespie, there was an educator.

Here is the best. Look at the Principal salary, Someone who was never even a VP, ran even an elementary school, is handed a job at the salary, one of which he is ill equipped to handled. The mistakes he has made are legendary and has set back this school decades.

I was sitting outside wating for a closed meeting of the BOE. When the 2 students came out, they were crying. They were kicked out of school, and had to go through home-schooling, I know these 2 boys, they are very good athletes. And they are very nice kids (the father is a ****) so we decide to spend $40,000 for kids who alledgedly stole a $300 laptop. HHHHMMMM his seems like a logical solution. Alls it is is these con artists in the administration at the HS justifying their positions. They have cost millions in law suits with the religion issue, sex scandal, school uniforms and now I imagine this latest fiasco with these 2 students have retained very good counsel. You wanna look at waste, look no further than the BOE, as that is where half all property taxes go. Leadbeater could do good by nominating a business administrator to oversee how the BOE is wasting all its money, then you will a decrease in taxes. and I mean you iwll see a decrease immediately. Leadbeater is already talking about it. Vote for Leadbeater.

I agree with you 100% that the BOE is completely corrupt. But honestly the Mayor can’t really do anything about it, if he attacks the teacher union he’ll won’t be voted in. He can’t really fire anyone, can’t lay policies. That what the BOE elected officials are for, never the less there all in it for the kick backs and favors, how else would you get several unqualified people making over 100k a year. On Election Day I am going to vote out the old blood. Leadbeater can’t honestly do nothing with the BOE.

I agree with you 100% that the BOE is completely corrupt. But honestly the Mayor can’t really do anything about it, if he attacks the teacher union he’ll won’t be voted in. He can’t really fire anyone, can’t lay policies. That what the BOE elected officials are for, never the less there all in it for the kick backs and favors, how else would you get several unqualified people making over 100k a year. On Election Day I am going to vote out the old blood. Leadbeater can’t honestly do nothing with the BOE.

Please be the fair; the entire BOE is not corrupt.

I have been asking about the waste in our Board of Ed as well. Please I am asking what the Master Teacher of Early Child Development does? It was a made up job to begin with and should really be looked at. Now that Frank is in there, hoping he takes a serious look at all these administrative jobs that this town has that do not do anything with teaching. These are just placeholders for parents how were in the BOE and now give them jobs. Someone, anyone, please just look at it?

So you complain about incompetent people and then say you're going to vote for Leadbeater. :blink:

So you complain about incompetent people and then say you're going to vote for Leadbeater. :blink:

? I never said that I was voting for him? All the angry seem to be focused on the Mayor and not at the elected BOE members. I’m not voting for anyone that was in the BOE for the next year’s election.

I am asking how I can get a Leadbeater poster for my front lawn? I would vote for him. I have not seen any improvement in this town in a number of years. And instead of paving the streets during the summer when there is less traffic, they decide to do repave just before election time to show what a great job they are doing. It is time for a chance. I am not just one person saying this either. There is a groundswelling coming. Word of mouth is spreading and I guess I am jumping on the bandwagon as well. I want change. Something has to be done. This politics of high priced lawers isn't working here in Kearny. We are not like that, we never were.

I am asking how I can get a Leadbeater poster for my front lawn? I would vote for him. I have not seen any improvement in this town in a number of years. And instead of paving the streets during the summer when there is less traffic, they decide to do repave just before election time to show what a great job they are doing. It is time for a chance. I am not just one person saying this either. There is a groundswelling coming. Word of mouth is spreading and I guess I am jumping on the bandwagon as well. I want change. Something has to be done. This politics of high priced lawers isn't working here in Kearny. We are not like that, we never were.

You can call his home at 201-997-3989 or 201-294-0738. I'm sure he will get back to you and get you a sign. He responded right away when I called him.

I agree.By the way just call MR. LEADBEATER,He would gladly put a sign on your lawn.

Guest Ring My Bell

Do yourself a favor. Go take a look at Bell Playground on Stewart Avenue between Devon and Chestnut, today. Beautiful...........Thank you Al Santos.

Now think back when there was the street hockey rink in that playground.........The one that looked like it fell out of the sky and landed on the sister of the wicked witch of the west. Talk about an eyesore. That was put there by John Leadbeater while on the council at the expense of the neighborhood because John's sons were into street hockey.

Longtime Kearnyites in the know remember John.

Guest JustWundrin

Did you flunk out of Law School or just Kearny High School???

Do yourself a favor. Go take a look at Bell Playground on Stewart Avenue between Devon and Chestnut, today. Beautiful...........Thank you Al Santos.

Now think back when there was the street hockey rink in that playground.........The one that looked like it fell out of the sky and landed on the sister of the wicked witch of the west. Talk about an eyesore. That was put there by John Leadbeater while on the council at the expense of the neighborhood because John's sons were into street hockey.

Are you for real. Leadbeaters kids played baseball, football and soccer along with basketball. He put that rink there because the town was promoting hockey, His kids NEVER played hockey. Once again you are proving to be less informed then you think you are. Also, residents came to the council and suggested that playground at the time. Mary, you should get the facts

Guest Bell Playground Resident

If you think it is beautiful you must be blind or in bed with Santos! I have lived on Chestnut St for 45 years and that is by far the worst playgroung design I have ever saw.

1- Not practical.

2- Designed for infants, toddlers and kids up to about 8 years old. What is there to do for kids 8 years to 17 years. NOTHING.

3- It has not been maintained. Look at it. Grass is dead, nothing but dirt, weeds growing wild, equipment damaged, etc, etc.

What ever happened to a PLAYGROUND? This is not a playgroung it is a park. A park which was built and than never maintained!

If you think it is beautiful you must be blind or in bed with Santos! I have lived on Chestnut St for 45 years and that is by far the worst playgroung design I have ever saw.

1- Not practical.

2- Designed for infants, toddlers and kids up to about 8 years old. What is there to do for kids 8 years to 17 years. NOTHING.

3- It has not been maintained. Look at it. Grass is dead, nothing but dirt, weeds growing wild, equipment damaged, etc, etc.

What ever happened to a PLAYGROUND? This is not a playgroung it is a park. A park which was built and than never maintained!

What does this have to do with the BOE?

Please be the fair; the entire BOE is not corrupt.

Honestly I think the entire BOE is corrupt. If you constantly see corrupt actions going on in BOE you’ll become desensitized after a while, favors going around, odd transactions on the budget that no one looks into, hiring friends with ridiculously high salary and poor student performance. Tell me how they’re not totally corrupt.

Honestly I think the entire BOE is corrupt. If you constantly see corrupt actions going on in BOE you’ll become desensitized after a while, favors going around, odd transactions on the budget that no one looks into, hiring friends with ridiculously high salary and poor student performance. Tell me how they’re not totally corrupt.

Your right!!.I`ll give you one better,3 students rob 6 laptop computors from the high school.The kearny police went to the students home and finds 3 of the laptops the students stole they are charged with thief and the board suspends the 2 students.The price of laptops $700.00 each.The total for 6 laptops $4200.00 hundred.The STUDENTS were not permitted to play sports,not allowed to go to project graduation,no school activities whatsoever.NOW THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ARE CHANGING THEIR DECISION TO LET THE TWO STUDENTS PLAY SPORTS IN NOVEMBER (WRESTLING).MR. DEGESERE AND THE BOARD MEMBERS, MY QUESTION IS HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT OUR PRINCIPAL,TEACHERS,COUNSELORS TO DISCIPLINE STUDENTS WHEN YOU LET THESE STUDENTS GET AWAY WITH THEFT (A FELONY) AND THEN CHANGE THE BOARDS DECISION TO SUSPEND THEM AND LET THEM PLAY SPORTS AFTER WHAT THEY DID?WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS TELLING THE STUDENTS IT`S OK TO STEAL.BY THE WAY THERES STILL ONE LAPTOP MISSING 2 WERE FOUND AT THE OTHER STUDENTS HOME.WAY TO TEACH THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG!!!! THERE WILL BE A BOARD MEETING 9/19/09 AT THE BOARD OF EDUCATION DAVIS AVE (FRANKLIN SCHOOL) 7:30PM.PEOPLE OF KEARNY NJ COME AND WATCH THESE MORONS MAKE ANOTHER BAD DECISION.THE NEW RULE AT KHS WILL BE THE NO DISCIPLINE RULE AS OF 9/20/09.GOOD LUCK MR. SOMMA AND STAFF IT`S GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO DISCIPLINE ANY STUDENT WHEN THEY HEAR THIS.

The 2 boys you are questioning about returniing in November were always able to resume to full activities then. That's right, full activities. Which means they were already enabled to wrestle. As a matter of fact tonight they are adding to their punishment. This is all in closed session anyways, CLOSED SESSIONS which means the public cannot have any input. Which also means you are a board member if you know all these facts already or have talked to a board member who illegally divulged these facts to you. I coached these 2 boys, they are good kids. The public CAN NOT be a part of any of these proceedings. You are sitting on a computer trying to crucify 2 students who made a mistake, paid a pretty steep price losing scholarship offers for football and a lot more, and trying to create a mob mentality at a BOE meeting. Pretty sad. Let's move on, or are you worried that your nephew will not be able to take one of the weights the boys wrestle?

Your right!!.I`ll give you one better,3 students rob 6 laptop computors from the high school.The kearny police went to the students home and finds 3 of the laptops the students stole they are charged with thief and the board suspends the 2 students.The price of laptops $700.00 each.The total for 6 laptops $4200.00 hundred.The STUDENTS were not permitted to play sports,not allowed to go to project graduation,no school activities whatsoever.NOW THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ARE CHANGING THEIR DECISION TO LET THE TWO STUDENTS PLAY SPORTS IN NOVEMBER (WRESTLING).MR. DEGESERE AND THE BOARD MEMBERS, MY QUESTION IS HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT OUR PRINCIPAL,TEACHERS,COUNSELORS TO DISCIPLINE STUDENTS WHEN YOU LET THESE STUDENTS GET AWAY WITH THEFT (A FELONY) AND THEN CHANGE THE BOARDS DECISION TO SUSPEND THEM AND LET THEM PLAY SPORTS AFTER WHAT THEY DID?WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS TELLING THE STUDENTS IT`S OK TO STEAL.BY THE WAY THERES STILL ONE LAPTOP MISSING 2 WERE FOUND AT THE OTHER STUDENTS HOME.WAY TO TEACH THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG!!!! THERE WILL BE A BOARD MEETING 9/19/09 AT THE BOARD OF EDUCATION DAVIS AVE (FRANKLIN SCHOOL) 7:30PM.PEOPLE OF KEARNY NJ COME AND WATCH THESE MORONS MAKE ANOTHER BAD DECISION.THE NEW RULE AT KHS WILL BE THE NO DISCIPLINE RULE AS OF 9/20/09.GOOD LUCK MR. SOMMA AND STAFF IT`S GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO DISCIPLINE ANY STUDENT WHEN THEY HEAR THIS.

Guest Angered mother

The value of each laptop retail is approximately $300.00. The BOE had to have gotten a better price than that. Why doesn't some one look for the still missing laptop at the custodians houses. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

The meeting is tonight.

The 2 boys you are questioning about returniing in November were always able to resume to full activities then. That's right, full activities. Which means they were already enabled to wrestle. As a matter of fact tonight they are adding to their punishment. This is all in closed session anyways, CLOSED SESSIONS which means the public cannot have any input. Which also means you are a board member if you know all these facts already or have talked to a board member who illegally divulged these facts to you. I coached these 2 boys, they are good kids. The public CAN NOT be a part of any of these proceedings. You are sitting on a computer trying to crucify 2 students who made a mistake, paid a pretty steep price losing scholarship offers for football and a lot more, and trying to create a mob mentality at a BOE meeting. Pretty sad. Let's move on, or are you worried that your nephew will not be able to take one of the weights the boys wrestle?

Good kids that made a mistake? What a frickin' idiot.

Who would respond to an idiot? These 2 boys are very good kids with bright futures.

These kids stole not because there were hungry or need a laptop, for that they should pay the punishment that they were given. I don’t feel sorry for them if they lost a scholarship or didn’t go to the college that they wanted. They stole something for no good reason, how can they be good kids then? Anyway what does this have to do with the BOE?

Who would respond to an idiot? These 2 boys are very good kids with bright futures.

So back up your claim. You can't can you.

Actually they've already done a pretty good job showing us what's in store for their futures.

They have done many great and good things. I won't even discuss how great they have been on the field and **** They are church going young adults who help out the elderly all the time, including a very integral, respected member of the Kearny Community who is enetering the KHS Hall of Fame next month. They always help out and coach youth in town. They each scored over 1800 on their SAT's and each have GPA's of over 3.5 at KHS, with one of the boys having been in accelerated classes. That's just a start.

BTW I am entering the KHS Hall of Fame next month and I happen to know both boys and think they are GREAT kids.

They made a mistake. They hopefully will learn from it, they paid a big price. Hurt the program and coaches as well, and was a step backwards in a season that would have definitely been a step forwards, a year that would have seen Kearny make the play-offs in the weakest section in years of Group 4 play.

An unfortunate incident for all.

So back up your claim. You can't can you.

Actually they've already done a pretty good job showing us what's in store for their futures.