Kearny Board of Education

Guest *Kearny Lawyer*

They have done many great and good things. I won't even discuss how great they have been on the field and **** They are church going young adults who help out the elderly all the time, including a very integral, respected member of the Kearny Community who is enetering the KHS Hall of Fame next month. They always help out and coach youth in town. They each scored over 1800 on their SAT's and each have GPA's of over 3.5 at KHS, with one of the boys having been in accelerated classes. That's just a start.

BTW I am entering the KHS Hall of Fame next month and I happen to know both boys and think they are GREAT kids.

They made a mistake. They hopefully will learn from it, they paid a big price. Hurt the program and coaches as well, and was a step backwards in a season that would have definitely been a step forwards, a year that would have seen Kearny make the play-offs in the weakest section in years of Group 4 play.

An unfortunate incident for all.

Once again as exhibited by your post, the special treatment of athletes. Just imagine what would be occurring if the students were not athletes and not well known.

They have done many great and good things. I won't even discuss how great they have been on the field and **** They are church going young adults who help out the elderly all the time, including a very integral, respected member of the Kearny Community who is enetering the KHS Hall of Fame next month. They always help out and coach youth in town. They each scored over 1800 on their SAT's and each have GPA's of over 3.5 at KHS, with one of the boys having been in accelerated classes. That's just a start.

BTW I am entering the KHS Hall of Fame next month and I happen to know both boys and think they are GREAT kids.

They made a mistake. They hopefully will learn from it, they paid a big price. Hurt the program and coaches as well, and was a step backwards in a season that would have definitely been a step forwards, a year that would have seen Kearny make the play-offs in the weakest section in years of Group 4 play.

An unfortunate incident for all.

I happen to know teachers that have taught and been around them and they paint a very different picture. The only proof you've come up with is that despite all of their supposed do-gooding, they seem to be savages underneath.

Wait a second, u lost me there, and I think they should have been punished. But stealing laptops equates to savages?

I happen to know teachers that have taught and been around them and they paint a very different picture. The only proof you've come up with is that despite all of their supposed do-gooding, they seem to be savages underneath.

Wait a second, u lost me there, and I think they should have been punished. But stealing laptops equates to savages?

Why are you lost? Do you think the laptops were a one-off affair? Do you think that stealing laptops equates to "good kids" like others have posted?

Boy you are some holy roller! No kids ever make mistakes? And the minute they do, we should crucify them? There have been thousands of kids who have made mistakes, kids who have O.D.'d after getting hooked on drugs, kids who have gotten into fights, guns, knives, sling shots taking out another kid's eye, etc.

"Let those without sin cast the first stone". Otherwise, shut up. The kids made a mistake, paid a price, and now lets move on, why is this even a topic with all the important decisions coming up in this town next week?

Why are you lost? Do you think the laptops were a one-off affair? Do you think that stealing laptops equates to "good kids" like others have posted?

Boy you are some holy roller! No kids ever make mistakes? And the minute they do, we should crucify them? There have been thousands of kids who have made mistakes, kids who have O.D.'d after getting hooked on drugs, kids who have gotten into fights, guns, knives, sling shots taking out another kid's eye, etc.

"Let those without sin cast the first stone". Otherwise, shut up. The kids made a mistake, paid a price, and now lets move on, why is this even a topic with all the important decisions coming up in this town next week?

Is that what you want to call it, a mistake? They have quite a history of making these sorts of mistakes. I hope they show up at your house when they make their next mistake.

• 5 years later...
Guest Bored of Mispending

Honestly I think the entire BOE is corrupt. If you constantly see corrupt actions going on in BOE youll become desensitized after a while, favors going around, odd transactions on the budget that no one looks into, hiring friends with ridiculously high salary and poor student performance. Tell me how theyre not totally corrupt.

Some things never change, now the BORED of Ed purchases all their catering for meetings from board member ******* ******* deli, boy that didn't take long. Not only is that an ethics violation it is clearly an appropriation paid to a board members immediate family member. It never ends, thank you taxpayers for the food and drink. Bon appetit !

Edited by KOTW
Content.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bologna

Some things never change, now the BORED of Ed purchases all their catering for meetings from board member ******* ******* deli, boy that didn't take long. Not only is that an ethics violation it is clearly an appropriation paid to a board members immediate family member. It never ends, thank you taxpayers for the food and drink. Bon appetit !

Was only a matter of time

You want to cut the reakless usleless spending in this town? It is the Board of Education. Start there. We have a "VP" of discipline (gimme a break!) that makes 130,000 a year. When I was in school Mr. Kirk did a better job, got better results for half that salary.

VP of Athletics? Pay $140,000 a year? what a joke, This guy is a gym teacher making that much money, Mr Aulisi did a way better job for over half of that. And he cared about all sports, not just soccer. Romano, Ciffeli, even Somma were ALL better. VP of Education? that's also a joke at $140,000, especially with our curriculum. Now Mr Gillespie, there was an educator.

Here is the best. Look at the Principal salary, Someone who was never even a VP, ran even an elementary school, is handed a job at the salary, one of which he is ill equipped to handled. The mistakes he has made are legendary and has set back this school decades.

I was sitting outside wating for a closed meeting of the BOE. When the 2 students came out, they were crying. They were kicked out of school, and had to go through home-schooling, I know these 2 boys, they are very good athletes. And they are very nice kids (the father is a ****) so we decide to spend $40,000 for kids who alledgedly stole a $300 laptop. HHHHMMMM his seems like a logical solution. Alls it is is these con artists in the administration at the HS justifying their positions. They have cost millions in law suits with the religion issue, sex scandal, school uniforms and now I imagine this latest fiasco with these 2 students have retained very good counsel. You wanna look at waste, look no further than the BOE, as that is where half all property taxes go. Leadbeater could do good by nominating a business administrator to oversee how the BOE is wasting all its money, then you will a decrease in taxes. and I mean you iwll see a decrease immediately. Leadbeater is already talking about it. Vote for Leadbeater.

You want to cut the reakless usleless spending in this town? It is the Board of Education. Start there. We have a "VP" of discipline (gimme a break!) that makes 130,000 a year. When I was in school Mr. Kirk did a better job, got better results for half that salary.

VP of Athletics? Pay $140,000 a year? what a joke, This guy is a gym teacher making that much money, Mr Aulisi did a way better job for over half of that. And he cared about all sports, not just soccer. Romano, Ciffeli, even Somma were ALL better. VP of Education? that's also a joke at $140,000, especially with our curriculum. Now Mr Gillespie, there was an educator.

Here is the best. Look at the Principal salary, Someone who was never even a VP, ran even an elementary school, is handed a job at the salary, one of which he is ill equipped to handled. The mistakes he has made are legendary and has set back this school decades.

I was sitting outside wating for a closed meeting of the BOE. When the 2 students came out, they were crying. They were kicked out of school, and had to go through home-schooling, I know these 2 boys, they are very good athletes. And they are very nice kids (the father is a ****) so we decide to spend $40,000 for kids who alledgedly stole a $300 laptop. HHHHMMMM his seems like a logical solution. Alls it is is these con artists in the administration at the HS justifying their positions. They have cost millions in law suits with the religion issue, sex scandal, school uniforms and now I imagine this latest fiasco with these 2 students have retained very good counsel. You wanna look at waste, look no further than the BOE, as that is where half all property taxes go. Leadbeater could do good by nominating a business administrator to oversee how the BOE is wasting all its money, then you will a decrease in taxes. and I mean you iwll see a decrease immediately. Leadbeater is already talking about it. Vote for Leadbeater.

So how'd Leadbeater work out? Tick tick.

Your wife buys all of her scratch offs there. Your a joke. That board members family sold that deli months ago. Get Your Facts Straight you Clown

Sorry, but I'm not married, never have been. You should consider not making accusations you have no idea about. And the name calling? You obviously have issues. Practice what you preach," Get Your Facts Straight."

Scandalous . . . yawn.