ABS

Guest Longtime Resident

I guess Ms. Schlago can't even acknowledge the basic facts of the school budget. I didn't know it was possible for Republicans, like Ms. Schlago on the Kearny Board of Education, to outspend and out-hire the most liberal of Democrats.

Al Santos Again! I'm betting Ms.Schlago won't be able to continue ducking on school budget questions. I'm thinking she'll be challenged by the Mayor-Re-Elect.

Guest Lisa Schalago
Al Santos Again! I'm betting Ms.Schlago won't be able to continue ducking on school budget questions. I'm thinking she'll be challenged by the Mayor-Re-Elect.

I would like to congratulate Mr. Santos on his win. I also want to thank John Leadbetter for making the people in this town think. This was the first time in years that I had to wait to vote because of people in front of me. Usually, I'm the only one there.

Also to ASA - I do not duck questions. If I am able to answer I do. If I don't know the answer, I do my best to find out and get back to whomever posed the question. If you knew me, you would know that. Have a pleasant evening.

Guest I hear Quacking
I would like to congratulate Mr. Santos on his win. I also want to thank John Leadbetter for making the people in this town think. This was the first time in years that I had to wait to vote because of people in front of me. Usually, I'm the only one there.

Also to ASA - I do not duck questions. If I am able to answer I do. If I don't know the answer, I do my best to find out and get back to whomever posed the question. If you knew me, you would know that. Have a pleasant evening.

Ms. Schlago, If you scroll up you will see that this was the question posed of you which you ducked:

Tell us what budgeted appropriations were in the 2006-07 school year and what they are in the 2009-10 school year.

I believe Independent asked you a valid question on 10/20. Two valid questions, to be exact. Do you have an answer?

I believe Independent asked you a valid question on 10/20. Two valid questions, to be exact. Do you have an answer?

Why should she answer? None of you are "man" enough to use your real names so she would know who she is speaking to.

I can't believe that a person supports a certain person and now gets ripped apart for it. What a great town we live in!!!!

Guest I still hear Quacking
Why should she answer? None of you are "man" enough to use your real names so she would know who she is speaking to.

I can't believe that a person supports a certain person and now gets ripped apart for it. What a great town we live in!!!!

Trying to play the part of the victim is totally not credible. Ms. Schlago was asked to answer basic factual questions about the Kearny school district budget. She ducked. Pointing this out is not getting "ripped apart". It's an attempt at honest and intelligent discussion. It's also, in my opinion, exposing hypcrisy by pointing out that a Republican like Shlago has voted for double digit increases in school spending every year she's been on the school board.

It's also, in my opinion, exposing hypcrisy by pointing out that a Republican like Shlago has voted for double digit increases in school spending every year she's been on the school board.

School spending gets a bad rap. As long as the spending is for better programs, technology, and facilities and the spending results in a high return on investment (better test scores, better informed students, etc.), I have no problem with it. I do, however, have a big problem when the spending goes to salary increases for crappy teachers. If a teacher S**ks, I don't want him or her anywhere NEAR a classroom. It shouldn't be so damn hard to fire bad teachers.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Independent

Ms. Shlago, did you "find out" yet? Do you have answers to the posed questions?