ABS

Guest Longtime Resident

Guest Longtime Resident

My family has been here in Kearny for nearly 100 years. We have seen many Mayor's come and go. Some good, some not so good. We have had 10 years of Santos and it is time to let him go. It is time for someone else to bring new ideas and policies to this Town. John Leadbeater may not be the solution, but I give him credit for stepping up to the plate. I think he should be given the chance and if he doesn't work out the election process starts again. Santos has done nothing for this Town. His accomplishments could have been achieved by anybody. He is constantly playing smoke and mirrors when it comes to finances. The Town Hall has become a dictatorship and this has to change!

My family has been here in Kearny for nearly 100 years. We have seen many Mayor's come and go. Some good, some not so good. We have had 10 years of Santos and it is time to let him go. It is time for someone else to bring new ideas and policies to this Town. John Leadbeater may not be the solution, but I give him credit for stepping up to the plate. I think he should be given the chance and if he doesn't work out the election process starts again. Santos has done nothing for this Town. His accomplishments could have been achieved by anybody. He is constantly playing smoke and mirrors when it comes to finances. The Town Hall has become a dictatorship and this has to change!

My God, that's your idea of an endorsement for Leadbeater? You're right about one thing. He's not the solution.

Guest *Guest2*
My God, that's your idea of an endorsement for Leadbeater? You're right about one thing. He's not the solution.

AND SANTOS IS?THIS MAN(SANTOS)HAS DONE NOTHING FOR KEARNY BUT RAISE TAXES,HIRED ALL LAWYERS-PAYING EXORBANT SALARIES,STILL HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THE PEDOPHILES IN SOUTH KEARNY(BECAUSE HIS CRONIES IN THE COUNTY GAVE HIM A GOD JOB $90,000.00,MEDICAL,CAR ALLOWANCE).HE CANNOT STEP ON ANY ONES TOES FROM THE CORRUPT DEMOCRATS IN THE COUNTY.I WONDER IF 149 JOHNST0N AVE IS HIS TRUE ADDRESS OR WINDSOR ST OR CHESTNUT ST IN NEWARK NJ?WHAT ADDRESS IS IT SANTOS?

Guest Lisa Schalago

I am supporting John Leadbeater. Some people, like myself, believe he will move Kearny in the right direction. For those of you who do not feel the same, you can continue to vote for Mayor Santos, who is a nice man, but should move on to other things.

I am supporting John Leadbeater. Some people, like myself, believe he will move Kearny in the right direction. For those of you who do not feel the same, you can continue to vote for Mayor Santos, who is a nice man, but should move on to other things.

YEAH BACK TO NEWARK NJ

Guest Poll Watcher

ANYBODY BUT SANTOS. Give John a chance! Than get rid of Santos hand picked Council of bobbleheads! TIME for CHANGE!

You folks are sounding DESPARATE!!!!! If you think John Leadbeater is the right candidate, that's OK. However, Mayor Santos is the right person for the job no matter how hard you try to tarnish him. He has done more in ten years than any previous mayors combined. You folks are demanding change but give no clear reason, factual or otherwise, as to why change is merited or why Mr. Leadbeater is going to be a better mayor than Mr. Santos. Posting the same rhetoric over and over and over again only gives the voters one picture, that John Leadbeater is desparate to become mayor for whatever reason. Remember the water department and the DEAL with East Orange. John thought change was merited then too. Look at what that cost the Town. Taxes may have been lower without that fiasco!!!! AL SANTOS FOR MAYOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NO, I don't work for the town or county. Just a concerned tax-payer like Y'all.

ANYBODY BUT SANTOS. Give John a chance! Than get rid of Santos hand picked Council of bobbleheads! TIME for CHANGE!

You must be reffering to Harrison, that's where the BOBBLHEADS live along with all the political appointed jobs for them and their families.

You folks are sounding DESPARATE!!!!! If you think John Leadbeater is the right candidate, that's OK. However, Mayor Santos is the right person for the job no matter how hard you try to tarnish him. He has done more in ten years than any previous mayors combined. You folks are demanding change but give no clear reason, factual or otherwise, as to why change is merited or why Mr. Leadbeater is going to be a better mayor than Mr. Santos. Posting the same rhetoric over and over and over again only gives the voters one picture, that John Leadbeater is desparate to become mayor for whatever reason. Remember the water department and the DEAL with East Orange. John thought change was merited then too. Look at what that cost the Town. Taxes may have been lower without that fiasco!!!! AL SANTOS FOR MAYOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NO, I don't work for the town or county. Just a concerned tax-payer like Y'all.

AGAIN< nothing but a lie. Leadbeater voted against the water deal. When are you going to get that. I guess if you say it long enough you may believe your own lie. Check the records, idiot

That's desperate, my friend. D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e. First, you learn how to spell. Then you can tell me how to vote.

You my friend must be very desperate if you think SANTOS deserves 4 more years.YOU WANT CLEAR REASONS-TAXES.PEDOPHILE PROBLEMS,WEST HUDSON HOSPITAL,SOLD THE WATER DEPT..SANTOS GOT WHAT HE WANTED FROM THE COUNTY BOY`S A NICE JOB $85,000. 00/$90,000.00 A YEAR PLUS BENEFITS,CAR ALLOWANCE. MR. LEADBEATER DESPERATE,NO HE`S DISGUSTED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS TOWN.BY THE WAY GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT MR. LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE EAST ORANGE WATER DEAL!!! MAYBE YOU DO WORK FOR THE TOWN OR COUNTY, THATS WHY YOU NEED SANTOS?YEAH RIGHT, CONCERNED TAX-PAYER!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Y'all don't live in these parts I reckon! If you did you would know Santos must go! Go back on your porch and spit that crap in y'all bucket.

What direction would that be, Lisa? Hiring and promoting friends and family (with tax dollars) like the Board of Education?

What direction would that be, Lisa? Hiring and promoting friends and family (with tax dollars) like the Board of Education?

Dear huh, do some homework, John served as a councilman in the 90's and did not hire a single family member. He did hire people everyone knew in town that were friends of this community

MARY,MARY,MARY ARE YOU AT IT AGAIN?HEY `HUH` SANTOS HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR 10 YEARS.AT LEAST MRS.SCHALAGO HAS NO FAMILY WORKING FOR THE BOARD!!!!!

Guest Lisa Schalago

I believe that John will be able to stablize taxes in Kearny. As far as hiring and promoting family members like the BOE, as you state, the BOE has a policy in place for over a year now that does not allow for anyone related to a BOE member to be hired. The town should adopt a similar policy.

I believe that John will be able to stablize taxes in Kearny. As far as hiring and promoting family members like the BOE, as you state, the BOE has a policy in place for over a year now that does not allow for anyone related to a BOE member to be hired. The town should adopt a similar policy.

And how long have you been on the Board of Ed, Lisa, 3 and 1/2 years?

Let's see, in those 3 and 1/2 years, how many hires and promotions has the Board made? Give us a list (it's public info).

And, let's see, do you know how much the school budget has gone up in those three and 1/2 years? (Answer: you have increased spending by over 30%.)

I hope you realize, after 3 and 1/2 years, that the Board of Education is responsible for half of the homeowner's tax bill.

Lisa, you're a nice person, but you don't understand budgets.

Guest Board Watcher

The current Board of Ed is worse than our Town Council. The "nepotism" rule the board has is a joke. Ginny Santos is the biggest violator of that policy. She is constantly hiring people who are friends of her. That is FACT. She is still trying to get people she knows jobs. Check the records and put 2 and 2 together it is not difficult to see. The worst thing is that she heads the committee to hire new personel so how BAD is that. SHE MUST GO! Not this Board election, but next she is up and must be voted out! Something about that SANTOS name which is corrupting Kearny.

Guest Independent

Let's see, in those 3 and 1/2 years, how many hires and promotions has the Board made? Give us a list (it's public info).

And, let's see, do you know how much the school budget has gone up in those three and 1/2 years? (Answer: you have increased spending by over 30%.)

I hope you realize, after 3 and 1/2 years, that the Board of Education is responsible for half of the homeowner's tax bill.

Nepotism and double digit increases in spending?? Is Schlago really a Republican??

Nepotism and double digit increases in spending?? Is Schlago really a Republican??

First off, if you are going to comment about me, please spell my name correctly.

Now, as far as my political views, yes I am a Republican. The nepotism policy that is currently in place has been curtailing hiring of BOE family members. Unfortunately, this policy has only been in place a little over a year. I believe in hiring the best person for the job, for what they know, not who they know. If you knew anything about me, you would know this to be true. As far as double digit increases, you are absolutely right; there have been double digit increase all across the country. I can only do my best the try to keep them down. I appreciate your comment and would love to have you attend a BOE meeting, if you don't already do so. Maybe you can help come up with a solution.

Why no response from Schlago?

Guest Board Of Lies
First off, if you are going to comment about me, please spell my name correctly.

Now, as far as my political views, yes I am a Republican. The nepotism policy that is currently in place has been curtailing hiring of BOE family members. Unfortunately, this policy has only been in place a little over a year. I believe in hiring the best person for the job, for what they know, not who they know. If you knew anything about me, you would know this to be true. As far as double digit increases, you are absolutely right; there have been double digit increase all across the country. I can only do my best the try to keep them down. I appreciate your comment and would love to have you attend a BOE meeting, if you don't already do so. Maybe you can help come up with a solution.

You are a liar! If you practice what you preach, "I believe in hiring the best person for the job, for what they know, not who they know." Look over the records of the last few board meetings, in which a few appointments were made. Than come back here and write if you honestly feel that your beliefs were carried out!!!!! NO WAY!!!! The appointment was a no brainer if you hired a person for WHAT THEY KNOW!!

Guest Lisa Schalago
You are a liar! If you practice what you preach, "I believe in hiring the best person for the job, for what they know, not who they know." Look over the records of the last few board meetings, in which a few appointments were made. Than come back here and write if you honestly feel that your beliefs were carried out!!!!! NO WAY!!!! The appointment was a no brainer if you hired a person for WHAT THEY KNOW!!

I can only speak for myself, I, honestly vote to hire people for what they know. If you have a particular appointment in mind, please let me know which one, and I will look into it.

Also, if you are going to call me a liar, at least have the courage to post your name.

Guest Independent

Lisa Schlago,

You omit a key fact: in the last three years, the Kearny Board of Ed has increased spending at a rate higher than 90% of school districts in New Jersey. Tell us what budgeted appropriations were in the 2006-07 school year and what they are in the 2009-10 school year. You have that data at your fingertips.

What have you done to keep costs down? If this is your "best", then we really need new leadership on the Board of Ed.

Guest More Independent
Lisa Schlago,

You omit a key fact: in the last three years, the Kearny Board of Ed has increased spending at a rate higher than 90% of school districts in New Jersey. Tell us what budgeted appropriations were in the 2006-07 school year and what they are in the 2009-10 school year. You have that data at your fingertips.

What have you done to keep costs down? If this is your "best", then we really need new leadership on the Board of Ed.

I guess Ms. Schlago can't even acknowledge the basic facts of the school budget. I didn't know it was possible for Republicans, like Ms. Schlago on the Kearny Board of Education, to outspend and out-hire the most liberal of Democrats.