Gang Problems

Guest Guest 1

Guest Guest 1

Over the weekend I heard some distressing conversations regarding gang problems in Kearny High School between and how some kids are afraid as there have been some physical altercations. Is this true and if so, why has this problem not been publicized and addressed. Perhaps the younger people on this forum could give us the real story. Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beats me, anyone in a "gang" in Kearny is really just kidding themselves. this is a generally nice suburb, and somebody seeking belonging in a violent group is a moron. i haven't really seen this quite yet, but with more and more Newark influences moving on in here, it could become a reality quite quickly. youth are impressionable, especially by the huge burst of rap culture.

hopefully i'll be out of here before this really comes to light.

Its not surprising to read this. Newark is overflowing into kearny this was bound to happen. I think that the cops should practice racial profiling more often. That would steer them away. Who wants to live in a town where the cops are all racists?

It would be good for the kids in town too allthough I expect that when the police are harassing the kids hanging out on the streets most of them come from Newark anyway. I remember hoyt st. park ... yeah the cops should had someone on duty just in that park alone. There were gang members from Newark living right next door to the park they would sell drugs... in front of little kids who played there. And whats even more outrageous then that some of the parents were in the park buying the drugs. And In the park on the corner of Jhonson and Sheridan aves some guy would deal heroin right in front of everyone. He lived around the block.

Face it Kearny has become a cess pool.

Its not surprising to read this. Newark is overflowing into kearny this was bound to happen. I think that the cops should practice racial profiling more often. That would steer them away. Who wants to live in a town where the cops are all racists?

It would be good for the kids in town too allthough I expect that when the police are harassing the kids hanging out on the streets most of them come from Newark anyway. I remember hoyt st. park ... yeah the cops should had someone on duty just in that park alone. There were gang members from Newark living right next door to the park they would sell drugs... in front of little kids who played there. And whats even more outrageous then that some of the parents were in the park buying the drugs. And In the park on the corner of Jhonson and Sheridan aves some guy would deal heroin right in front of everyone. He lived around the block.

Face it Kearny has become a cess pool.

You observed these incidents? What did you do? Bury your head in the sand!Geez we thought you were the WTC HERO!

You observed these incidents? What did you do? Bury your head in the sand!Geez we thought you were the WTC HERO!

And what would you have done? Gone up to them and tell them to take their 'business' elsewhere.

As for the gang theory, I haven't heard of a real gang in school where violece has occured. For the most part the 'gangs' in Kearny High are nothing but a bunch of friends who go by a title. This is not to say there aren't any.

Guest gangthis

This is nothing new,people have been moving in from newark since kearny begain.The face's have changed,but are all seeking the same thing,a better life.As for gang's,they have alway's been here to.They where in school when i was there.

Guest watchful eye

I see a lot of the students from Kearny High during the course of the day. The majority of them are your normal, average kids. There are a few who do need some, for a lack of a better term, parental involvement. I do notice that there are quite a few girls with "potty mouths" and just wonder why? Do they think that this is a sign of being "cool"? Well I personnally think that it is a disgrace. As far as the clothing some of the kids wear, that is what every other kid their age is wearing as well.

And what would you have done? Gone up to them and tell them to take their 'business' elsewhere.

As for the gang theory, I haven't heard of a real gang in school where violece has occured. For the most part the 'gangs' in Kearny High are nothing but a bunch of friends who go by a title. This is not to say there aren't any.

I would report it to the police untill I was satisfied with the results! Taking things into your own hands nowadays either gets you sued or killed! This is what happened in every sh*tty town, residents turned the other cheek untill thier nieghborhoods were destroyed by the vermim.

vermin 1. Various small animals or insects, such as rats or cockroaches, that are destructive, annoying, or injurious to health. 2. Animals that prey on game, such as foxes or weasels. 3. A person considered loathsome or highly offensive. Such people considered as a group.

all i know is these morons gotta stop wearing pink bandanas.. if you're gonna be in a gang, at least TRY and be intimidating :angry:

LMAO i know whats up with that.. the quere gang that wears pink all the time...

One of the things I heard was that a certain"group" jumped a boy but it was off the school grounds and so nothing was done.

I haven't heard this but:

The principal of Kearny High school has made it absolutely clear, in one of his many useless, tedious, and pointless speeches, that fighting regardless of where it takes places, will get the school involved. That means the those involced will be punished by the police first, then by school. This involves, suspension from school, sports, and banning from school events. Like that has any affect on the minds of these people.

QUOTE (pube @ Jan 20 2004, 11:42 PM)

all i know is these morons gotta stop wearing pink bandanas.. if you're gonna be in a gang, at least TRY and be intimidating

I agree.

:angry:

Guest Guest 1

So guys. what you're saying is there is no intimidation by certain groups to other groups. Are you saying these groups are just gang wanne bes but are of no consequence to anyone?

One of the things I heard was that a certain"group" jumped a boy but it was off the school grounds and so nothing was done.

I haven't heard this but:

The principal of Kearny High school has made it absolutely clear, in one of his many useless, tedious, and pointless speeches, that fighting regardless of where it takes places, will get the school involved. That means the those involced will be punished by the police first, then by school. This involves, suspension from school, sports, and banning from school events. Like that has any affect on the minds of these people.

QUOTE (pube @ Jan 20 2004, 11:42 PM)

all i know is these morons gotta stop wearing pink bandanas.. if you're gonna be in a gang, at least TRY and be intimidating

I agree.

:angry:

and your solution is?

So guys. what you're saying is there is no intimidation by certain groups to other groups. Are you saying these groups are just gang wanne bes but are of no consequence to anyone?

that's only partly true though.

anyone is dangerous in a group, whether it be people actually raised in hard times or rich white kids whose biggest hardship was not getting the 10th XBOX game they wanted for Christmas. thing is, they're not going to go out pinpointing random people. any fights that occur will have reasons behind them that aren't resolved, and therefore escalate into violence. so if you don't go around starting trouble, i doubt trouble will come to you.

anyone is dangerous in a group, whether it be people actually raised in hard times or rich white kids whose biggest hardship was not getting the 10th XBOX game they wanted for Christmas. thing is, they're not going to go out pinpointing random people. any fights that occur will have reasons behind them that aren't resolved, and therefore escalate into violence. so if you don't go around starting trouble, i doubt trouble will come to you.

Unless it was the group of kids i hung out with... We'd beat you up steal your money and even the hat off your head ..if we were bored enough. And whats funnier a totaly different group of kids with no connections to us would get arressted for it. We never looked for trouble we caused it.

Unless it was the group of kids i hung out with... We'd beat you up steal your money and even the hat off your head ..if we were bored enough. And whats funnier a totaly different group of kids with no connections to us would get arressted for it. We never looked for trouble we caused it.

good to hear what a badass you are :rolleyes:

but these kids aren't, plain and simple.

Unless it was the group of kids i hung out with... We'd beat you up steal your money and even the hat off your head ..if we were bored enough. And whats funnier a totaly different group of kids with no connections to us would get arressted for it.  We never looked for trouble we caused it.

He's not a bad ass. he's just an assh*le!

Unless it was the group of kids i hung out with... We'd beat you up steal your money and even the hat off your head ..if we were bored enough. And whats funnier a totaly different group of kids with no connections to us would get arressted for it.  We never looked for trouble we caused it.

No i never said I was a bad ass and in reality we weren't just plain and simple.....

we'd go around beating kids up because they were hispanic so we had a target.

and as for the guest who said I was an ass**le ......it takes one to know one buddy!

KOTW Note: This post was edited where the astericks (*) appear under the KOTW anti-profanity (or anything close to profanity) policy.

Great for you.

and your solution is?

Its difficult to try and change the perspective of so many people, especially when they think they are right. I don't see a solution. As long as people have different opinions and can't accept the fact that they might be wrong, there will be disputes, which will lead to arguments, then fighting. People have to learn to accept critisism and the fact that they don't know everything. There really isn't anything that can be done, fighting will always exist in school.

No i never said I was a bad ass and in reality we weren't just plain and simple.....

we'd go around beating kids up because they were hispanic so we had a target.

and as for the guest who said I was an assh0le ......it takes one to know one buddy!

You already left town ASSHOL*!!!!! Stay OUT!!! I'm sure you'll spew your venom where ever you go!!!! J.O. F.U. and your gang of pussies! you pus A-Hole!

Guest Guest 1

Not just talking about fights, I'm also speaking about intimidation. Does it go on as I have heard because of ethnic reasons? I don't agree that trouble doesn't come to you if you don;'t look for it, why then there would be no crime or violence which goes on all the time for no real apparent reason.

Not just talking about fights, I'm also speaking about intimidation. Does it go on as I have heard because of ethnic reasons? I don't agree that trouble doesn't come to you if you don;'t look for it, why then there would be no crime or violence which goes on all the time for no real apparent reason.

Yes it does go on, but not because of ethnic reasons. At least not entirely. I haven't heard much in the news of ethnic intimidation around school.

And its true what you said about trouble.

no, there isn't intimidation. all those kids claiming to be in "gangs" are scrawny, short, and look like they couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. maybe if you were a very sheltered, timid person then i suppose they COULD be somewhat intimidating.

ethnic reasons, no. these "gangs" are mostly comprised of hispanics. if they fight, they fight amongst themselves. they don't go after a group of white kids.

and i am saying IN THIS CASE, trouble probably won't come after you. of course there is violence all over the world with virtually no sign of warning. humans can be hasty, they can be quite rash. but why walk around everyday worrying about something happening to you? that's no way to live life.

Guest kearnykid
all i know is these morons gotta stop wearing pink bandanas.. if you're gonna be in a gang, at least TRY and be intimidating :lol:

lol dipset dipset.. but yeah, i agree..the whole pink on guy thing is getting annoying.

Archived