SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT!

Guest Millan Team for Mayor (Don't

Guest Millan Team for Mayor (Don't

An Election Message from MAYOR RAYMOND McDONOUGH

The focus of an ethical campaign should be on the issues that affect our Town, and the qualifications, integrity, dedication, and competence of the candidate. Good start, but how come you don't mention ANY OF THESE THINGS IN YOUR LETTER!!!!! My mayoral opponent, Millan, has been very busy spreading inaccuracies and falsehoods. Well if they are inaccurate, they should be easily proven wrong The only inaccurate information is when Peter Higgins (the Lier) said these condos will be paying double the average household in Property taxes {do you see how easy it is to prove an inaccuracy} LOL Neither I, nor anyone running with me, will stoop to such levels. Only the Concerned Citizens of Harrison....LOL :blink::D:huh:<_< Even though I feel that the voters are too intelligent to be mislead by such unfounded statements, I would like to take this opportunity to set the record straight, so that you can make an informed decision on Election Day.

As you may not know the true account, I feel that it is important for you to know how Millan, a former member of my Council and team, has come to run against me. In 1976, I was elected as a Councilman for the 2nd Ward. I was subsequently elected Mayor of our fine Town for the first time in November of 1994. Due to the fact that I was in the first year of a two-year term as Councilman, a replacement was needed for my 2nd Ward seat. I felt strongly that the growing Spanish population in Town deserved representation. So, as the Chairman on the Harrison Democratic Organization, I asked Millan if he would take my place on the Council. Millan accepted, and joined my team. Nothing wrong there, though I think you forgot to say that Millans education as an accountant definately helped him get the Job.

For the next few years, Millan agrees with the agenda of the Mayor & Council - to stabilize and lower property taxes through redevelopment of the vacant industrial areas of Town. Starting in 1997, Millan voted "YES" to refer the area to the Planning Board for declaration of "blight"; Millan voted "YES" to set the boundaries of the redevelopment area; Millan voted "YES" for the Planning Board to create the Redevelopment Plan; Millan voted "YES" to adopt the plan; Millan voted "YES" to establish the Harrison Redevelopment Agency. Millan can't dispute any of the above, he feels like the development is a great thing. MILLAN is just worried about the direction it's headed. In a newspaper:Town OKs tax break for stadium, Millan refuses to vote

"Councilman Anselmo Millan abstained from voting, saying he received the resolution only hours before the meeting. Millan requested that officials postpone the vote until they had more time to review the project's finances. " MILLAN FELT LIKE MOST OF THE TOWN HE WAS BEING KEPT IN THE DARK. That maybe the mayor has given to much control to the developers [JFK Stadium/ children suffered]

Millan even requested one of the seats on the newly-formed Agency for one of his political allies (which was given to him). I gave Millan whatever support he needed. In fact, when he needed employment I recommended him to Hudson County - where he is presently employed. However, after all of this, I found out that he was not concerned with the citizens of Harrison - he was only interested in himself. Would you think that maybe the person he recommended was a qualified person or shame on you Mayor for just putting anyone in charge of the DEVELOPMENT OF Harrison (YOU FOOL). You sure did remove him fast anyway, that is when you realized he wasn't going to be just another "YES" man.

In June of 2002, Millan approached me with a group of his so-called friends and made many outrageous demands - he wanted council seats, jobs, and pay-raises for his political cronies. MILLAN JUST WANTED YOU TO STOP TAKING HIS PROJECTS AWAY: Improvement program in Harrison Plague by infighting (Kearny Journal 2002-7-3 )

"A state-funded program to improve the quality of life in urban neighborhoods has sparked a series of upgrades to Harrison Avenue.But Councilman Anselmo Millan, who spearheaded the grant submission in 1999, said volunteers feel slighted by what he has called Powell's "dictatorial" management approach." [Note: since Thomas Powell took over in 7/2002, the residents of Harrison waited 4 years until Mayor elections to get sidewalks!! Many of us, like my-self were on that board for years!] Millan actually wanted me to force two of your councilmen (elected by the people) to resign, so that he could select his own replacements. He was immediately told in "no uncertain terms" that his demand was denied. Please, he did support candidates, but never made such demands. Thats just foolish. I would not betray the trust place in me by the voters and do something that was not in the best interest of the Town. As a result of this, Millan convinced some of his "friends" to run for council seats in the 1st and 2nd Wards. We, the residents and voters, clearly showed Millan that we wanted no part of "his agenda", and they were defeated. Next, in 2003, Millan was up for re-election in the 2nd Ward that I put him in. Again, the voters showed Millan that he was not wanted in Harrison - he was soundly defeated! In fact a blessing from God, as he spent more time with his expanding family

Now, he's back! This time, he has found a new group of friends. In this year's Primary Election for mayor, he backed my opponent. Even before the election results were final, Millan filed to run as an independent candidate for mayor, showing he has no loyalty to ANYONE or ANY ENDORSEMENT! MILLAN worried that Michael Hinchcliffe was not experienced in running a successful campaign against such a dirty Political Machine. Hinchy never expected the Mayor to write such a nasty letter not only talking bad about him, but his whole family and friends. Millan figured if he wins he would continue to support him and help him, but if he loses he would take the task on hand Moreover, for the first time he is taking the position that all of the redevelopment plans and activities that he previously backed are now somehow bad for the Town.

Funny, I read in his letter that he's in favor of the development, but just worried that it's headed in the wrong direction

One thing is CRYSTAL CLEAR. Millan will say and do anything to get what he wants - CONTROL.

LOL
To him, this election is not about what's best for the people, but himself and a few of his supporters.
To the Mayor after being in office from 1977 it's about not losing control!  Keeping people in the dark, Buying votes, appointing friends to paying positions and buddies to boards so he keeps control of everything.  A plummer, no business experience, no children, not even a tax payer in Harrison.  Pathetic!

Do not listen to Millan's propaganda. Be informed. If I have not done so already, I will be visiting your home with the rest of the McDonough Team - Jesus Huaranga in the 1st Ward, Art Pettigrew in the 2nd, Larry Bennett in the 3rd, and Jim Doran in the 4th. The best interests of ALL of the residents are our only concern. Please show Millan once and again that the good people of Harrison (of all ethnic backgrounds) are united for a common good, and that you want no part of his self-serving agenda.

Paid for by the Mayor McDonough Campaign 2006, Gregory Kowalski (McDonough's Landlord/Redevelopment Attorney...), Treasurer

Guest Guest in the know

An Election Message from MAYOR RAYMOND McDONOUGH

The focus of an ethical campaign should be on the issues that affect our Town, and the qualifications, integrity, dedication, and competence of the candidate. Good start, but how come you don't mention ANY OF THESE THINGS IN YOUR LETTER!!!!!   My mayoral opponent, Millan, has been very busy spreading inaccuracies and falsehoods. Well if they are inaccurate, they should be easily proven wrong The only inaccurate information is when Peter Higgins (the Lier) said these condos will be paying double the average household in Property taxes {do you see how easy it is to prove an inaccuracy} LOL   Neither I, nor anyone running with me, will stoop to such levels.  Only the Concerned Citizens of Harrison....LOL :P  :D  :P  :angry:   Even though I feel that the voters are too intelligent to be mislead by such unfounded statements, I would like to take this opportunity to set the record straight, so that you can make an informed decision on Election Day.

As you may not know the true account, I feel that it is important for you to know how Millan, a former member of my Council and team, has come to run against me.  In 1976, I was elected as a Councilman for the 2nd Ward.  I was subsequently elected Mayor of our fine Town for the first time in November of 1994.  Due to the fact that I was in the first year of a two-year term as Councilman, a replacement was needed for my 2nd Ward seat.  I felt strongly that the growing Spanish population in Town deserved representation.  So, as the Chairman on the Harrison Democratic Organization, I asked Millan if he would take my place on the Council.  Millan accepted, and joined my team. Nothing wrong there, though I think you forgot to say that Millans education as an accountant definately helped him get the Job.

For the next few years, Millan agrees with the agenda of the Mayor & Council - to stabilize and lower property taxes through redevelopment of the vacant industrial areas of Town.  Starting in 1997, Millan voted "YES" to refer the area to the Planning Board for declaration of "blight"; Millan voted "YES" to set the boundaries of the redevelopment area; Millan voted "YES" for the Planning Board to create the Redevelopment Plan; Millan voted "YES" to adopt the plan; Millan voted "YES" to establish the Harrison Redevelopment Agency. Millan can't dispute any of the above, he feels like the development is a great thing.  MILLAN is just worried about the direction it's headed. In a newspaper:Town OKs tax break for stadium, Millan refuses to vote

"Councilman Anselmo Millan abstained from voting, saying he received the resolution only hours before the meeting. Millan requested that officials postpone the vote until they had more time to review the project's finances. " MILLAN FELT LIKE MOST OF THE TOWN HE WAS BEING KEPT IN THE DARK.  That maybe the mayor has given to much control to the developers [JFK Stadium/ children suffered]

Millan even requested one of the seats on the newly-formed Agency for one of his political allies (which was given to him).  I gave Millan whatever support he needed.  In fact, when he needed employment I recommended him to Hudson County - where he is presently employed.  However, after all of this, I found out that he was not concerned with the citizens of Harrison - he was only interested in himself. Would you think that maybe the person he recommended was a qualified person or shame on you Mayor for just putting anyone in charge of the DEVELOPMENT OF Harrison (YOU FOOL). You sure did remove him fast anyway, that is when you realized he wasn't going to be just another "YES" man. 

In June of 2002, Millan approached me with a group of his so-called friends and made many outrageous demands - he wanted council seats, jobs, and pay-raises for his political cronies.  MILLAN JUST WANTED YOU TO STOP TAKING HIS PROJECTS AWAY: Improvement program in Harrison Plague by infighting (Kearny Journal 2002-7-3 )

"A state-funded program to improve the quality of life in urban neighborhoods has sparked a series of upgrades to Harrison Avenue.But Councilman Anselmo Millan, who spearheaded the grant submission in 1999, said volunteers feel slighted by what he has called Powell's "dictatorial" management approach." [Note: since Thomas Powell took over in 7/2002, the residents of Harrison waited 4 years until Mayor elections to get sidewalks!! Many of us, like my-self were on that board for years!] Millan actually wanted me to force two of your councilmen (elected by the people) to resign, so that he could select his own replacements.  He was immediately told in "no uncertain terms" that his demand was denied.  Please, he did support candidates, but never made such demands.  Thats just foolish.   I would not betray the trust place in me by the voters and do something that was not in the best interest of the Town.  As a result of this, Millan convinced some of his "friends" to run for council seats in the 1st and 2nd Wards.  We, the residents and voters, clearly showed Millan that we wanted no part of "his agenda", and they were defeated.  Next, in 2003, Millan was up for re-election in the 2nd Ward that I put him in.  Again, the voters showed Millan that he was not wanted in Harrison - he was soundly defeated! In fact a blessing from God, as he spent more time with his expanding family 

Now, he's back!  This time, he has found a new group of friends.  In this year's Primary Election for mayor, he backed my opponent.  Even before the election results were final, Millan filed to run as an independent candidate for mayor, showing he has no loyalty to ANYONE or ANY ENDORSEMENT! MILLAN worried that Michael Hinchcliffe was not experienced in running a successful campaign against such a dirty Political Machine.  Hinchy never expected the Mayor to write such a nasty letter not only talking bad about him, but his whole family and friends.  Millan figured if he wins he would continue to support him and help him, but if he loses he would take the task on hand  Moreover, for the first time he is taking the position that all of the redevelopment plans and activities that he previously backed are now somehow bad for the Town.

[/size]

One thing is CRYSTAL CLEAR.  Millan will say and do anything to get what he wants - CONTROL. To him, this election is not about what's best for the people, but himself and a few of his supporters.

Do not listen to Millan's propaganda.  Be informed.  If I have not done so already, I will be visiting your home with the rest of the McDonough Team - Jesus Huaranga in the 1st Ward, Art Pettigrew in the 2nd, Larry Bennett in the 3rd, and Jim Doran in the 4th.  The best interests of ALL of the residents are our only concern.  Please show Millan once and again that the good people of Harrison (of all ethnic backgrounds) are united for a common good, and that you want no part of his self-serving agenda.

Paid for by the Mayor McDonough Campaign 2006, Gregory Kowalski (McDonough's Landlord/Redevelopment Attorney...), Treasurer

Miian is a small man whose egotistical ways get in the way of everything. He clearly suffers from SMALL MAN SYNDROME (JUST LIKE TOM P. does). Although they desevve each other, neither man belongs in public government. If either gets or stays in public government the public that they are supposed to represent and serve suffers!

Guest Setting the record Straight

Harrison township council meeting turn contentious

Source: Kearny Journal-July 20,2002

"At the meeting, the volunteers said they were angry that they weren't notified about the council's intentions and that the meeting was held when Millan was on vacation in Spain. "

[Note: July 2006 had no town meeting. A resolution was passed having no July or August Meetings. They had one in July 2002, an emergency meeting, to strip the town of Millan's work"

No peace for the neighborhood preservation program

Source: Kearny Journal-January 23 2003

"The day before I came back from my vacation in Spain last June, the council voted to strip me of my title and announced plans to form a new committee," Millan said. "None of the committee members were sent letters or properly notified."

YOU MAY THINK THE MAYOR IS A NICE GUY, BUT HAVE HIM TALK ABOUT THE FACTS, NOT RUN FROM THE TRUTH. AT ONE TIME I TOO THOUGHT THIS MAYOR WAS A GREAT GUY... I ENJOYED HATING MILLAN, BUT I STEPPED BACK AND REALIZED THE TRUTH .

I NEED YOUR HELP, HARRISON NEEDS YOUR HELP. MILLAN TEAM FOR MAYOR NEEDS TO WIN.

Guest Setting the Record Stright  (fac
The Star-Ledger Archive

COPYRIGHT © The Star-Ledger 1994

Date: 1994/11/01 Tuesday Page: Section: NEWS Edition: FINAL Size: 0 words

HARRISON MAYORAL CANDIDATES DIFFER ON TAX CURE

TOWANDA UNDERDUE

''Occasionally, someone will start to talk about dirty streets,'' said the 45-year-old McDonough. ''But the main issue is taxes.'' McDonough's challenger, 53-year-old Libonati, said salaries that Democratic Councilmen Frederick Confessore, O.J. DiSalvo and Peter Higgins 3d earn as school board employees demonstrate the ''wasteful'' spending in town government. He added that Harrison's test scores have not improved despite the three men's dual roles as councilmen and school board employees. ''These three councilmen are on both the town and school payrolls, and together, they're earning a quarter of a million dollars in their school board positions,''

Alot of the same, the only thing thats changed is Higgins is no longer a councilman, easier for him to make more money. School system is paying for it as it cost $16,000 for each child. Taxes are even Higher then they seem because back then Water was included in the tax bill and now you get a water/Sewer Bill from PVSC....
The Jersey Journal Archive

COPYRIGHT © The Jersey Journal 2006

Date: 2006/03/27 Monday Page: 9 Section: A Edition: First Size: 318 words

Harrison water rates to riseBy ROSE DUGER, JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

due to Passaic Valley hikes

"We're not making any money on this," said Mayor Raymond J. McDonough. "We're just passing on increases we can't absorb."

Yeah, again with Tom Powelll as the Chairman of the PVSC there are only a selected few who are making money on this... Harrison used to have a $300,000/ year surplus. Now it's no longer on the tax bill and has increased how much since Powell and the Mayor have been working there?
The ordinance proposes a 39 percent increase in water rates - rising from $19 per 1,000 cubic feet of water to $26.50 - along with a 13 percent hike in sewer rates.

Two years ago, Harrison officials approved water and sewer rate raises of 12 percent and 9 percent, respectively, in a two-part rate hike for 2005 and 2006. Officials at the time also chalked up the increases to higher costs charged by the Passaic Valley Water and Sewerage commissions.

Facts are easy to be proven wrong if they are lies....

PROVE THIS WRONG....

I realize it's fun to make fun of people, but our Mayor and his friends have other motives and they don't care who pays... THEIR USING YOU!!! DON't BE FOOLED

"At the meeting, the volunteers said they were angry that they weren't notified about the council's intentions and that the meeting was held when Millan was on vacation in Spain. "

[Note: July 2006 had no town meeting.  A resolution was passed having no July or August Meetings.  They had one in July 2002, an emergency meeting, to strip the town of Millan's work"

"The day before I came back from my vacation in Spain last June, the council voted to strip me of my title and announced plans to form a new committee," Millan said. "None of the committee members were sent letters or properly notified."

YOU MAY THINK THE MAYOR IS A NICE GUY, BUT HAVE HIM TALK ABOUT THE FACTS, NOT RUN FROM THE TRUTH.  AT ONE TIME I TOO THOUGHT THIS MAYOR WAS A GREAT GUY...  I ENJOYED HATING MILLAN, BUT I STEPPED BACK AND REALIZED THE TRUTH

I NEED YOUR HELP, HARRISON NEEDS YOUR HELP.  MILLAN TEAM FOR MAYOR NEEDS TO WIN.

THE MILLIANO TEAM s**ks.

[Note: July 2006 had no town meeting.  A resolution was passed having no July or August Meetings.  They had one in July 2002, an emergency meeting, to strip the town of Millan's work"

YOU MAY THINK THE MAYOR IS A NICE GUY, BUT HAVE HIM TALK ABOUT THE FACTS, NOT RUN FROM THE TRUTH.  AT ONE TIME I TOO THOUGHT THIS MAYOR WAS A GREAT GUY...  I ENJOYED HATING MILLAN, BUT I STEPPED BACK AND REALIZED THE TRUTH

I NEED YOUR HELP, HARRISON NEEDS YOUR HELP.  MILLAN TEAM FOR MAYOR NEEDS TO WIN.

THE MAYOR IS READY TO LEAVE, AS SOON AS ELECTIONS ARE OVER TANSKI'S TRIAL WILL FINALY GO ON AND THE MAYOR AND OTHERS WILL BE NAMED AND THEN HE WILL HAVE TO SPILL AND PROVE THAT IN FACT HE HAS BEEN LYING TO HARRISON AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF OUR TOWN FOR POLITICAL FAVORS AS WELL AS DEVELOPERS FAVORS FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY.

LETS LOOK AT THE MILLAN TEAM.

1. MILLAN WHO CAN ONLY REPEAT WHAT MIKE HINCHCLIFFE SAID IN THE LAST ELECTION. HE WANTS TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO IN THAT CASE HE BETTER ASK MIKE HINCH FIRST SINCE HE NO IDEA'S OF HIS OWN. ALL MY PEOPLE HAS NEVER REALIZED THAT IN HARRISON ALL CULTURES EXIST JUST NOT THE HISPANIC CULTURE.

2. STEVE SOUR GRAPES WHO WANTED A BUNCH OF PARKING SPACES FOR HIS SELF SERVING MONEY MAKING NEEDS. IF HE WAS GRANTED THE SPACES YOU'D NEVER HEARD A WORD FROM HIM.

3. MARIA C. THE INVISIBLE WOMEN WHO YOU NEVER HEARD FROM HER UNTIL MILLAN SUCKED HER INTO THIS MESS. NEVER HAD A CONCERN ALL THOSE YEARS WHILE HER HUSBAND WORKED FOR THE TOWN. HARRY SMITH LOOK OUT SOMEONE ELSE MAY BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR PUSH BUCKET .

4. JOEY WOOD THANK GOD YOUR SISTER RECIEVED TENURE BEFORE YOU PULLED YOUR PETITION. I GUESS HAVING A HIGH SCHOOL DIPOLMA AND NO EXPERIENCE QUALIFIES YOU TO BE COUNCILMAN. ANOTHER ONE SUCKED IN BY MILLAN LIES. :ph34r:

How can the mayor start his letter by citing ethics and saying that he or anyone that runs with him would not stoop to spreading what he infers is poor ethic remarks. Then he tries to tell the people of Harrison they are too intelligent to believe the things being circulated like he's using a Jedi mind trick. Then he does in this same letter what in the first paragraph he said he or anyone running with me will so. get ready more to come, this party only knows how to hit wear it hurts. They have done nothing to stand on. For example look at the circulations in any election look at the last against Hinchcliffe you don't get lower then that. but as the mayor said neither him nor any one running with him will stoop this low"

Make up your own mind Harrison, personally I think it's time for change.

Flush out the incumbents and give one term to the new people to prove themselves, if they fail flush them out. That's how the democratic system is supposed to work (That's what's happening in Newark) the power is supposed to be with the people not an autocratic rule that has been stuck to this town since before World War II.

Guest Setting the record Straight  (Fa
The Star-Ledger Archive

COPYRIGHT © The Star-Ledger 2000

Date: 2000/10/28 Saturday Page: 001 Section: NEWS Edition: FINAL Size: 608 words

Budget demons spirit off Harrison's annual Halloween parade

More trick than treat awaits the children of Harrison this Halloween.

Blaming the parade's demise on "budgetary constraints," Mayor Raymond McDonough said he has heard nary a word of complaint about the decision to replace the parade with an outdoor Halloween party.

Budgetary Constaints that couldn't be resolved since 2000?

McDumba$$ has no kids and doesn't realize, it's not all about $$.

I NEED YOUR HELP, HARRISON NEEDS YOUR HELP. MILLAN TEAM FOR MAYOR NEEDS TO WIN

pass it on

Budgetary Constaints that couldn't be resolved since 2000?

McDumba$$ has no kids and doesn't realize, it's not all about $$.

pass it on

This is funny, He COULD NOT HOLD A counsel seat Now he wants to be mayor. I Have One Question Where is The HARRISON FEST MONEY

Alot of the same, the only thing thats changed is Higgins is no longer a councilman, easier for him to make more money.  School system is paying for it as it cost $16,000 for each child.  Taxes are even Higher then they seem because back then Water was included in the tax bill and now you get a water/Sewer Bill from PVSC....

Yeah, again with Tom Powelll as the Chairman of the PVSC there are only a selected few who are making money on this...  Harrison used to have a $300,000/ year surplus.  Now it's no longer on the tax bill and has increased how much since Powell and the Mayor have been working there?

PROVE THIS WRONG....

I realize it's fun to make fun of people, but our Mayor and his friends have other motives and they don't care who pays... THEIR USING YOU!!! DON't BE FOOLED

sounds like you're begging,babe

1. MILLAN WHO CAN ONLY REPEAT WHAT MIKE HINCHCLIFFE SAID IN THE LAST ELECTION.  HE WANTS TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO IN THAT CASE HE BETTER ASK MIKE HINCH FIRST SINCE HE NO IDEA'S OF HIS OWN. ALL MY PEOPLE HAS NEVER REALIZED THAT IN HARRISON ALL CULTURES EXIST JUST NOT THE HISPANIC CULTURE.

2. STEVE SOUR GRAPES WHO WANTED A BUNCH OF PARKING SPACES FOR HIS SELF SERVING MONEY MAKING NEEDS. IF HE WAS GRANTED THE SPACES YOU'D NEVER HEARD A WORD FROM HIM.

3. MARIA C.  THE INVISIBLE WOMEN  WHO YOU NEVER HEARD FROM HER UNTIL MILLAN SUCKED HER INTO THIS MESS. NEVER HAD A CONCERN ALL THOSE YEARS WHILE  HER HUSBAND WORKED FOR THE TOWN. HARRY SMITH LOOK OUT SOMEONE ELSE MAY BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR PUSH BUCKET .

4. JOEY WOOD THANK GOD YOUR SISTER RECIEVED TENURE BEFORE YOU PULLED YOUR PETITION. I GUESS HAVING A HIGH SCHOOL DIPOLMA AND NO EXPERIENCE QUALIFIES YOU TO BE COUNCILMAN. ANOTHER ONE SUCKED IN BY MILLAN LIES. :lol:

HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE, EVEN A BLIND MAN CAN SEE IT.

Alot of the same, the only thing thats changed is Higgins is no longer a councilman, easier for him to make more money.  School system is paying for it as it cost $16,000 for each child.  Taxes are even Higher then they seem because back then Water was included in the tax bill and now you get a water/Sewer Bill from PVSC....

Yeah, again with Tom Powelll as the Chairman of the PVSC there are only a selected few who are making money on this...  Harrison used to have a $300,000/ year surplus.  Now it's no longer on the tax bill and has increased how much since Powell and the Mayor have been working there?

PROVE THIS WRONG....

sounds like you're begging,babe

THE MILLANO TEAM STILL s**ks.

Guest Setting the Record Stright
Residents criticize Town of Harrison for meeting policy

Kearny Journal 9-14-2006

- The town's policy governing public comment at meetings of the mayor and council came under fire again last week, with one resident complaining that he had wrongly been denied the opportunity to speak at a previous session. Mayor Raymond J. McDonough apologized to Steven McCormick, an independent candidate for council in the Second Ward, for not permitting him to address the governing body at a meeting in June. "It was an error in my judgement," McDonough said when McCormick questioned the decision "I didn't think I had to turn the mike over to the public. I stand corrected." McCormick countered, "After 10 years (as mayor), you don't know you're supposed to allow the public to speak?"

Lies!! It's a shame that people don't get involved in politics until they are affected personally, but allowing this Mayor to spread lies with his bandit of friends we will all be affected.

If a fact is not true, it's easily proven wrong

pass it on

Guest Setting the Record Straight!
Mayor, council seats, future at stake for Harrison voters

Source: Kearny Journal

McDonough has pledged to stabilize taxes through the town's redevelopment efforts, while maintaining current services for residents.

Mayor Raymond J. McDonough, a democrat, seeks his fourth term as mayor, after serving on the town council for 17 years.

The Mayor was part of the problem which brought Harrison from a Beehive of Industry to losing $50 to $60 million in ratables the past 11 years as industries fled the town.

The Mayor is a graduate of Essex Catholic High School (What an educated man) and worked as a union plumber, what business experience.

Guest Setting the Record Straight

Oh yeah James my Boy. with 400 to 1 odds

Mayor, council seats, future at stake for Harrison voters

Source: Kearny Journal November 1, 2000

...James P. Doran. A principal and supervisor for adult and alternative programs for the Hudson County Schools of Technology and a co-owner of Harrison Realty, Doran supports a dual program of encouraging redevelopment and freezing town expenses that he believes will curb taxes. "We have great municipal services, but paying for them is difficult," Doran said. "I'd like to see a real freeze on all expenditures, and maybe we may have to cut back on some programs. But when the redevelopment takes off, it will be great for Harrison." As chairman of the police department, Doran says he's proud of programs including

and good job "freezing town expenses", You are a Pathetic Councilman WHO HAS ABSOLUTELY NO ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

What does the mayor own you? JUST ANOTHER YES MAN. Are you working for PVSC too?

This is funny, He COULD NOT HOLD A counsel seat Now he wants to be mayor. I Have One Question Where is The HARRISON FEST MONEY

ASK MS. HIGGINS SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE MAYOR DID NOT USE IT FOR ANY PARADES(WE HAVE NONE), OR OTHER STREET FESTS (THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN THE SAME), MAYBE THE MAYOR USED IT FOR HIS GOLF OUTING, OR MAYBE HIM AND TANKI PUT AN ADDITION ON THEIR HOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lies!!  It's a shame that people don't get involved in politics until they are affected personally, but allowing this Mayor to spread lies with his bandit of friends we will all be affected.

If a fact is not true, it's easily proven wrong

pass it on

The Millano team will always, S**K.

no one can hold a council seat if they are not a ass kisser or YES Man....These crooks will find a way to get You out they are thiefs liars and sneaks

1. MILLAN WHO CAN ONLY REPEAT WHAT MIKE HINCHCLIFFE SAID IN THE LAST ELECTION.  HE WANTS TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO IN THAT CASE HE BETTER ASK MIKE HINCH FIRST SINCE HE NO IDEA'S OF HIS OWN. ALL MY PEOPLE HAS NEVER REALIZED THAT IN HARRISON ALL CULTURES EXIST JUST NOT THE HISPANIC CULTURE.

3. MARIA C.  THE INVISIBLE WOMEN  WHO YOU NEVER HEARD FROM HER UNTIL MILLAN SUCKED HER INTO THIS MESS. NEVER HAD A CONCERN ALL THOSE YEARS WHILE  HER HUSBAND WORKED FOR THE TOWN. HARRY SMITH LOOK OUT SOMEONE ELSE MAY BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR PUSH BUCKET .

4. JOEY WOOD THANK GOD YOUR SISTER RECIEVED TENURE BEFORE YOU PULLED YOUR PETITION. I GUESS HAVING A HIGH SCHOOL DIPOLMA AND NO EXPERIENCE QUALIFIES YOU TO BE COUNCILMAN. ANOTHER ONE SUCKED IN BY MILLAN LIES. :ph34r:

What's the alternative? The present administration has raised taxes, and water/sewer bills since they were elected. If we were not an Abbot district, who would have paid for the new school? We are still using trailers, and renting space to educate our children.

This administration is depending on the state to build our schools and educate our children. They are counting on State money each year to fill holes in our municipal budget. If our town was a business we would be bankrupt.

How can we depend on these same people to negotiate with billion dollar developers to get a good deal for Harrison's residents?

The problem here is a lack of qualified people to come forward to perform public service. Part of the problem is all the educated professionals have moved out of Harrison.

Either we have to put our faith in a new team of elected officials, only because they are our only choice, or we can look forward to the same without a clue group we have in office now.

Isn't it strange how many people are qualified for town jobs only after a friend or relative of theirs gets elected. Who is looking out for residents, instead of family and friends?

Guest 2smart4u
What's the alternative?  The present administration has raised taxes, and water/sewer bills since they were elected.  If we were not an Abbot district, who would have paid for the new school?  We are still using trailers, and renting space to educate our children.

This administration is depending on the state to build our schools and educate our children.  They are counting on State money each year to  fill holes in our municipal budget.  If our town was a business we would be bankrupt.

How can we depend on these same people to negotiate with billion dollar developers to get a good deal for Harrison's residents?

The problem here is a lack of qualified people to come forward to perform public service.  Part of the problem is all the educated professionals have moved out of Harrison.

Either we have to put our faith in a new team of elected officials, only because they are our only choice, or we can look forward to the same without a clue group we have in office now.

Isn't it strange how many people are qualified for town jobs only after a friend or relative of theirs gets elected.  Who is looking out for residents, instead of family and friends?

All true. And in addition, Harrison refuses to hire a professional Business Administrator to run the day to day operations of the town.

We allow these elected officials with no formal training and education in municipal management to make these multi-million dollar decisions that have caused the pile of s--t we find ourselves in today.