Is it true

Guest just asking

Guest guest
Yes, its John Campbell.

Good luck MR. CAMPBELL. MRS DOYLE YOUR HOUSE DOWN THE SHORE IS FINISHED.MAY BE YOU COULD RUN FOR COUNCIL IN SOUTH JERSEY. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Guest I M Politico
Good luck MR. CAMPBELL. MRS DOYLE YOUR HOUSE DOWN THE SHORE IS FINISHED.MAY BE YOU COULD RUN FOR COUNCIL IN SOUTH JERSEY. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Campbell will need more than luck if he intends to give Mrs. Doyle a run. He'll need well-written literature noting his accomplishments, a crash course in municipal issues, a good pair of walking shoes and the energy to knock on every door in the third ward.

Get the feeling Mr. Campbell will fall short of his goal? You betcha! Carol Jean Doyle is the best campaigner on the ticket and her efforts will garner her another victory in November.

PS: Mentioning CJD's vacation home does nothing to further your opinion. I'm sure John Campbell does not spend every waking moment in Kearny.

Guest The wave of the future

Write in Bill Reilly's name

Guest Former Doyle Supporter
Mr. Campbell will need more than luck if he intends to give Mrs. Doyle a run. He'll need well-written literature noting his accomplishments, a crash course in municipal issues, a good pair of walking shoes and the energy to knock on every door in the third ward.

Get the feeling Mr. Campbell will fall short of his goal? You betcha! Carol Jean Doyle is the best campaigner on the ticket and her efforts will garner her another victory in November.

PS: Mentioning CJD's vacation home does nothing to further your opinion. I'm sure John Campbell does not spend every waking moment in Kearny.

Get out there and hit the streets Mrs Doyle and bring the Mayor with you and try to explain why PROPERTY TAXES have gone up every year you were Finance Chairwoman, with Mayor Santos rubberstamping everything without debate. The property owners are waiting for you and the Mayor, I think this time you won't be ready for them. John Campbell has my vote because you and the Mayor have let the property owners of the 3rd ward down. Example, you can't even do anything on the block you live on half the year, New Lawn Ave is like a mine field, if you can't repave your own street how can you address the people of the 3rd ward and their issues. No more passing the buck!!!! Its the public's turn weigh in and they will in a big way in November. March on Carol and Al the 3rd Ward is waiting for you. Happy Walking!!!!!!!

Guest Won't Vote for Doyle
Get out there and hit the streets Mrs Doyle and bring the Mayor with you and try to explain why PROPERTY TAXES have gone up every year you were Finance Chairwoman, with Mayor Santos rubberstamping everything without debate. The property owners are waiting for you and the Mayor, I think this time you won't be ready for them. John Campbell has my vote because you and the Mayor have let the property owners of the 3rd ward down. Example, you can't even do anything on the block you live on half the year, New Lawn Ave is like a mine field, if you can't repave your own street how can you address the people of the 3rd ward and their issues. No more passing the buck!!!! Its the public's turn weigh in and they will in a big way in November. March on Carol and Al the 3rd Ward is waiting for you. Happy Walking!!!!!!!

I can't wait til Doyle and Santos come to my house. Be prepared to get an earful from me. My taxes have gone up $7000 since Doyle and Santos have been in office. Time to Change. Mr. Campbell and Mr. Leadbeater have my vote and all my family and whoever I can call,I will tell them that when they come to my door. It's time to get rid of these people, They are for themselves, they don't represent the taxpayer.

Guest I M Politico

Right! Mrs. Doyle and the Mayor, two people who count on public approval to be re-elected, have arbitrarily allowed property taxes to escalate. Are you kidding? They and the other elected officials detest tax increases but sometimes you just have to do what is practical and appropriate even if it is unpopular. Open your eyes, look at what is happening to towns all around you and then tell me that we are not better off because the Santos administration has had the b***s to do what was necessary.

In my opinion, there has been healthy discussion, if not debate, on the budget process and contract negotiations. See, if you had actually come to meetings and participated you would know that!

As far as John Campbell and the oft mentioned John Leadbeader, they offer neither constructive alternatives nor very much competition to their respective incumbent opponents.

PS: If New Lawn made the priority list for repaving, you'd be the first to complain about favoritism. My guess is that when CJD approaches you'll hide behind the drapes.

Guest Analyzing the Johns
I can't wait til Doyle and Santos come to my house. Be prepared to get an earful from me. My taxes have gone up $7000 since Doyle and Santos have been in office. Time to Change. Mr. Campbell and Mr. Leadbeater have my vote and all my family and whoever I can call,I will tell them that when they come to my door. It's time to get rid of these people, They are for themselves, they don't represent the taxpayer.

What will John Campbell or John Leadbeater do to reduce your taxes? 50% of your bill is for public education and another 20% is for the County. That leaves 30% of your bill for the entire town budget of police, fire, streets, health, recreation, library, garbage, sewers, etc. Which of those will the Johns cut back? (By the way, both Campbell and Leadbeater have said they would never touch the school budget.)

You're up $7,000 in 8 years? Unless you were paying $14,000 back in 2001 (which would have to be a really big house and big lot that's new or renovated), the math just doesn't add up. Property taxes are public record, so tell us where.

Guest Another Guest
Right! Mrs. Doyle and the Mayor, two people who count on public approval to be re-elected, have arbitrarily allowed property taxes to escalate. Are you kidding? They and the other elected officials detest tax increases but sometimes you just have to do what is practical and appropriate even if it is unpopular. Open your eyes, look at what is happening to towns all around you and then tell me that we are not better off because the Santos administration has had the b***s to do what was necessary.

In my opinion, there has been healthy discussion, if not debate, on the budget process and contract negotiations. See, if you had actually come to meetings and participated you would know that!

As far as John Campbell and the oft mentioned John Leadbeader, they offer neither constructive alternatives nor very much competition to their respective incumbent opponents.

PS: If New Lawn made the priority list for repaving, you'd be the first to complain about favoritism. My guess is that when CJD approaches you'll hide behind the drapes.

Very perceptive.

Guest Thom McCann

Hohn Campbell and John Leadbeater? You're kidding right? I have a pair of boots in the back of my closet smarter than these two!

What will John Campbell or John Leadbeater do to reduce your taxes? 50% of your bill is for public education and another 20% is for the County. That leaves 30% of your bill for the entire town budget of police, fire, streets, health, recreation, library, garbage, sewers, etc. Which of those will the Johns cut back? (By the way, both Campbell and Leadbeater have said they would never touch the school budget.)

You're up $7,000 in 8 years? Unless you were paying $14,000 back in 2001 (which would have to be a really big house and big lot that's new or renovated), the math just doesn't add up. Property taxes are public record, so tell us where.

Guest Guest Who?
Hohn Campbell and John Leadbeater? You're kidding right? I have a pair of boots in the back of my closet smarter than these two!

I think Thom McCann should run for Council. He'd be a shoe in.

Guest Cole Hahn

That must be one of the shoes talking.

Guest New Lawn Avenue Homeowner

I won' t be voting for the Mayor or Carol Doyle the reason being, for the taxes my wife and I pay they allow the lack of attention of not addressing the repaving of a street that is in badly need of repaving. Mrs Doyle do you see something different than I do every morning when you walk out of your house. Shame on you for allowing this to go unaddressed. Most people on the block feel the same way and if they are like me they won't be voting for you or the Mayor in November, We need fresh new blood to restart Kearny so we taxpayers can get maxium returns in service, for the high property taxes that we pay!!!!!!! I'll let you know that when you come to my door.

Guest Town Watch

You do the math, Property Taxes have gone up every year since Doyle and Santos have been in office. Town Services have been reduced while our taxes continue to increase out of control. This adminstration has done nothing in addressing the concerns of the taxpayers of Kearny. The Mayor's 10 point plan hasn't worked! What is the harm of giving other homeowners who share the same concerns as everyone else a chance to fix these problems. They had their chance, It hasn't worked. The final grade I would give this Mayor and Mrs Doyle is a "D" that being we hold the title of having one of the highest property taxes in Hudson County. Yes it is true property taxes have increased all over. But over the past 7 years we went up more than everybody else under this Finance Chairwoman Doyle and the Santos Adminstration. Change is good thing and is nothing to be afraid of and that is why I give Mr Campbell and Mr Leadbeater alot of credit for giving the taxpayers of Kearny an opportunity to vote for a vehicle for change in stopping the one party system that I believe has ruined Kearny. Point to remember, Property Taxes have gone up every year they have been in office.Town Services have been reduced while we remain one of the towns with the highest property taxes in Hudson County. Keep that in mind when voting in November. My vote and my family and friends vote will be for John Campbell for 3rd Ward Council, and John Leadbeater for Mayor. We need balance on this council and these people are strong voices that will keep things fair and honest.

Guest Analyzing the Johns
You do the math, Property Taxes have gone up every year since Doyle and Santos have been in office. Town Services have been reduced while our taxes continue to increase out of control. This adminstration has done nothing in addressing the concerns of the taxpayers of Kearny. The Mayor's 10 point plan hasn't worked! What is the harm of giving other homeowners who share the same concerns as everyone else a chance to fix these problems. They had their chance, It hasn't worked. The final grade I would give this Mayor and Mrs Doyle is a "D" that being we hold the title of having one of the highest property taxes in Hudson County. Yes it is true property taxes have increased all over. But over the past 7 years we went up more than everybody else under this Finance Chairwoman Doyle and the Santos Adminstration. Change is good thing and is nothing to be afraid of and that is why I give Mr Campbell and Mr Leadbeater alot of credit for giving the taxpayers of Kearny an opportunity to vote for a vehicle for change in stopping the one party system that I believe has ruined Kearny. Point to remember, Property Taxes have gone up every year they have been in office.Town Services have been reduced while we remain one of the towns with the highest property taxes in Hudson County. Keep that in mind when voting in November. My vote and my family and friends vote will be for John Campbell for 3rd Ward Council, and John Leadbeater for Mayor. We need balance on this council and these people are strong voices that will keep things fair and honest.

Not true. In Hudson County, the average property tax in Weehawken, Bayonne and Hoboken is higher than Kearny. The rate of increase in Kearny is not higher than "anyone else". Hoboken taxes went up 46% percent in 2008 and West New York went up 40%. In addition, most of the other towns in Hudson County also charge homeowners a separate sewer bill, like in Harrison, and Kearny doesn't.

50% of your tax bill is for the public schools. 20% is for County taxes. That leaves just 30% of the bill for the Town Council to address. What would John Leadbeater or John Campbell do to bring taxes down?? Would the Johns furlough or lay-off town employees? Would the Johns cut the school budget?

Guest Mike

While I don't always agree with CJD and Santos, I must say I feel they are doing a fair job, and I am a Republican. Yes, there are typical democrat issues that I disagree over, but overall, they are approachable, and hard working. Obviously, I'd love to consider Leadbeader, but where can the cuts be made? We pay 20% that goes to Jersey City Waterfront, obviously, Santos knows where his bread is buttered, but overall, my taxes have stayed within a grand of what we purchased for 5 years ago. Do I love paying higher taxes? No, and if they were to skyrocket, yes, I might need to consider selling, but overall Santos and CJD have done a fair job in my 5 years in town.

Guest No Doyle, No Santos,

Time is up, You had your chance, Time to change, I voted for both of you last time but not this time. My vote is for John Campbell for third ward council, John Leadbeater for Mayor, No more Santos, No more Doyle, enough is enough!!!!!!!

Guest New Lawn Ave Homeowner
I won' t be voting for the Mayor or Carol Doyle the reason being, for the taxes my wife and I pay they allow the lack of attention of not addressing the repaving of a street that is in badly need of repaving. Mrs Doyle do you see something different than I do every morning when you walk out of your house. Shame on you for allowing this to go unaddressed. Most people on the block feel the same way and if they are like me they won't be voting for you or the Mayor in November, We need fresh new blood to restart Kearny so we taxpayers can get maxium returns in service, for the high property taxes that we pay!!!!!!! I'll let you know that when you come to my door.

I pay $7000 plus in property taxes and pretty soon will have to pay for new shocks and a muffler for my car because my street is in such bad shape. When is this street going to be repaved. Very disappointed in Doyle and Santos. This should have been addressed a long time ago. Won't be voting for Doyle or Santos this time

Guest I live on New Lawn Ave too
I pay $7000 plus in property taxes and pretty soon will have to pay for new shocks and a muffler for my car because my street is in such bad shape. When is this street going to be repaved. Very disappointed in Doyle and Santos. This should have been addressed a long time ago. Won't be voting for Doyle or Santos this time

I am also disappointed in Doyle and Santos. I don't get nothing for the taxes that my wife and I pay. You lost our vote Mrs Doyle. We won't be voting for Santos because we are tired of the double talk, enough is enough!!!

Guest Charlier Brown
I am also disappointed in Doyle and Santos. I don't get nothing for the taxes that my wife and I pay. You lost our vote Mrs Doyle. We won't be voting for Santos because we are tired of the double talk, enough is enough!!!

If you "don't get nothing" that means you get something. What I think you are trying to say is "you don't get anything"? Good Grief.