RESIDENTIAL TAXES

Guest *Guests*

Guest *Guests*

I hope that the property owners in Harrison are going to brace themselves for the sticker shock of the home owner tax increases that are on the way. At the secret meetings, don't think that they just implement bonding but also how much taxes must be raised to residential home owners as a result. They do not care because all of the big money (Fire Dept., Secretarys, Health Dept., Water Dept.) live out of town so they are not affected. They talk about layoffs, but if their are any it will start with the lowest paid emplyees. Believe it! Not one of the Monarchy will be affected and raises and promotions will be business as usual. IMO, get out now before you cannot sell your house due to tax problems. Public safety has already been compromised to its lowest point ever. Do you feel safe at night in this town knowing there are only two cops on duty protecting the entire town. Easy pickings for the thugs.

Guest Guest
I hope that the property owners in Harrison are going to brace themselves for the sticker shock of the home owner tax increases that are on the way. At the secret meetings, don't think that they just implement bonding but also how much taxes must be raised to residential home owners as a result. They do not care because all of the big money (Fire Dept., Secretarys, Health Dept., Water Dept.) live out of town so they are not affected. They talk about layoffs, but if their are any it will start with the lowest paid emplyees. Believe it! Not one of the Monarchy will be affected and raises and promotions will be business as usual. IMO, get out now before you cannot sell your house due to tax problems. Public safety has already been compromised to its lowest point ever. Do you feel safe at night in this town knowing there are only two cops on duty protecting the entire town. Easy pickings for the thugs.

As a police officer or councilperson, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Guest Guest

I would feel safe with 1 cop working because nothing much happens in town, Rarely something is in the Observer about crime. As far as taxes, they go up everywhere. And I will not sell my house because some idiot like you wants me to. It is the same all over NJ no matter what town tou live in. Why don't you sell your house if you don't like it here. Oh, I forgot, you live in the gardens on public assistance.

Guest Guest

Maybe if you guys stopped calling out sick we'd have more than 2 cops on duty.

Guest guest

Rarely is something reported to the newspapers because serious crimes are not made public to provide people with the illusion that they are not occuring. If a P.O. calls out sick, the town does not call in someone to replace them with the zero overtime policy that seems to apply only to the HPD and not other departments. If a teacher calls in sick, they call in a substitute. This is more important than public safety?

Guest guest

If the 10 or more fireman at the 13 million a year clubhouse call in sick, the town makes sure that every bed is filled in at the club for a good nights sleep for 24 hours of overtime. Why do they only have two use 2 sick days when they call in sick for a 24 hour shift? It should be three sick days, right?

Do they even have the rank of fireman anymore or do you start out as a $100,000.00 per year Captain? How many fires have they put out in 2009 so far? I would start out at "0" and stay there. Patronage, nepotism, cronyism. This dept. is just as bad as the Passaic Valley shit factory.

Guest Guest
If the 10 or more fireman at the 13 million a year clubhouse call in sick, the town makes sure that every bed is filled in at the club for a good nights sleep for 24 hours of overtime. Why do they only have two use 2 sick days when they call in sick for a 24 hour shift? It should be three sick days, right?

Do they even have the rank of fireman anymore or do you start out as a $100,000.00 per year Captain? How many fires have they put out in 2009 so far? I would start out at "0" and stay there. Patronage, nepotism, cronyism. This dept. is just as bad as the Passaic Valley shit factory.

Originally they worked 8Am to 6PM or 10 hours/day & 6Pm to 8AM or 14 hours/night. Thus, they worked two shifts in a 24 hour day. This is why they use 2 sick days for one 24 hour shift.

10 + 14 = 24 hours when I went to school.

Guest Harrison Senior
Rarely is something reported to the newspapers because serious crimes are not made public to provide people with the illusion that they are not occuring. If a P.O. calls out sick, the town does not call in someone to replace them with the zero overtime policy that seems to apply only to the HPD and not other departments. If a teacher calls in sick, they call in a substitute. This is more important than public safety?

So what you're saying is you guys call in sick knowing it will cause your "brothers in blue" to have to work shorthanded, possibly putting them in increased danger. Is that the way you watch out for each other?

Guest guest

Now you are getting the picture. When a cop calls in sick they do not call in a replacement due to the 0 overtime policy dictated by the H braintrust of la cosa nostra. It puts the lives of other officers, and mostly THE RESIDENTS in peril. They should call in another officer in on overtime unlike the policy at the HFD to have every bed filled for a no work, good nights sleep. Explain just what the heck the fireman do in the clubhouse except eat, crap, and sleep for 24 hours of overtime at an outrageous rate of pay? The cops should immediately call in another officer for the residents safety. Hoboken laid off fireman as well as other towns clubhouse members all over the country. "Dollarhan," I am the supreme commander, who will **** a **** from anybody, is thisclose to the capo de tutti capo that its like the same person. Justify at a town meeting why, in a town that averages 0 to1 fire a year, a $13 million dollar expense that breaks the backs of every Harrison taxpayer. In my opinion, the joke of a job of fireman, which can most definately be done by trained monkeys, could be paid in bananas which are relatively cheap. Squiring water on a building, that is soooo difficult that these lazy good for nothing clowns call themselves professionals. Just go to a volunteer fire dept., lower the taxes, and quit the crap.

Guest Roscoe

I am a pet lover and you should say you are wrong to the monkeys and the rest of the animal community for putting them in the same low class as the Harrison firemen. The monkeys would never be so greedy to hurt others in these tough economic times at their expense. Get with it, will ya!

Guest HarrisonSenior
Now you are getting the picture. When a cop calls in sick they do not call in a replacement due to the 0 overtime policy dictated by the H braintrust of la cosa nostra. It puts the lives of other officers, and mostly THE RESIDENTS in peril. They should call in another officer in on overtime unlike the policy at the HFD to have every bed filled for a no work, good nights sleep. Explain just what the heck the fireman do in the clubhouse except eat, crap, and sleep for 24 hours of overtime at an outrageous rate of pay? The cops should immediately call in another officer for the residents safety. Hoboken laid off fireman as well as other towns clubhouse members all over the country. "Dollarhan," I am the supreme commander, who will **** a **** from anybody, is thisclose to the capo de tutti capo that its like the same person. Justify at a town meeting why, in a town that averages 0 to1 fire a year, a $13 million dollar expense that breaks the backs of every Harrison taxpayer. In my opinion, the joke of a job of fireman, which can most definately be done by trained monkeys, could be paid in bananas which are relatively cheap. Squiring water on a building, that is soooo difficult that these lazy good for nothing clowns call themselves professionals. Just go to a volunteer fire dept., lower the taxes, and quit the crap.

Pay attention Barney. The question was, why do you continue to call out sick when you know it's putting your "brothers" in danger by working short-handed? If you cared about the guys you work with, you would knock off calling out sick when you should be at work.

Guest guest
Pay attention Barney. The question was, why do you continue to call out sick when you know it's putting your "brothers" in danger by working short-handed? If you cared about the guys you work with, you would knock off calling out sick when you should be at work.

What the police do not want you to know is that they are replaced man for man. What that means is that if a patrolman calls out sick, another one gets over-time and comes in. If a sgt calls out sick he is also replaced with a sgt. on over-time. If a lt. calls out he to is replaced with a lt on over-time. Same goes for the captains. I want to know how many crimes have they stopped in 09......They talk a great game, death at every corner, need more cops. Plus they have many law suits for person reasons, like why am not an officer......... As for drinking and getting into fight, they don't need the drinks, they fight like bitches without the alcohol...........

Guest grupie

No. 1 The replacement set-up suggested is not in place at the HPD. There have been many instances where the highest rank is town was a Sgt. No. 2 Alcohol is not needed to produce in-fighting such as the HFD lobster brawl and violent fiasco at Cosmos, HFD again. Many of these legitimate lawsuits by the HPD will prevail and the taxes will go up, water bills will go up, and part of this (a large part) is due to the bombastic fire dept., McMole, and council along with their constant new hires and promotions. Approximately $37,000.00 per week to the HFD is simply not fiscally responsible in a town which averages 0 to 1 fire a year. As to the DB using Police time and resources to identify a person on an OPINION page instead of concentrating on crime, I would hope that the poster knows that he/she will have a huge lawsuit to enact and when the dust settles jobs will be lost. Any cop involved in investigating an opinion must think their overpaid HFD buddies are worth their job, health benefits, and pension. I am sure your families exit visas would be eminent. Thats my OPINION. Man could I use the lawsuit money, and the town could always bond for it. Those are my opinions, not PC.

Guest Rip Van Winkle
No. 1 The replacement set-up suggested is not in place at the HPD. There have been many instances where the highest rank is town was a Sgt. No. 2 Alcohol is not needed to produce in-fighting such as the HFD lobster brawl and violent fiasco at Cosmos, HFD again. Many of these legitimate lawsuits by the HPD will prevail and the taxes will go up, water bills will go up, and part of this (a large part) is due to the bombastic fire dept., McMole, and council along with their constant new hires and promotions. Approximately $37,000.00 per week to the HFD is simply not fiscally responsible in a town which averages 0 to 1 fire a year. As to the DB using Police time and resources to identify a person on an OPINION page instead of concentrating on crime, I would hope that the poster knows that he/she will have a huge lawsuit to enact and when the dust settles jobs will be lost. Any cop involved in investigating an opinion must think their overpaid HFD buddies are worth their job, health benefits, and pension. I am sure your families exit visas would be eminent. Thats my OPINION. Man could I use the lawsuit money, and the town could always bond for it. Those are my opinions, not PC.

ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Guest Guest

And your opinion is worthless

Guest Guest
I would feel safe with 1 cop working because nothing much happens in town, Rarely something is in the Observer about crime. As far as taxes, they go up everywhere. And I will not sell my house because some idiot like you wants me to. It is the same all over NJ no matter what town tou live in. Why don't you sell your house if you don't like it here. Oh, I forgot, you live in the gardens on public assistance.

You must be on drugs. Do you see all the axe murderes that walk these streets!

Guest Guest

I thought you weren't a cop

Guest Harrison Senior
I thought you weren't a cop

He's a cop, a poor excuse for a cop, but a cop. My guess is he failed the Sgt's exam and now he's bitter and hates the world. He can't strike out at anyone so now he's become a Keyboard Kommando. His posts are old and stale, but hey, if it helps him cope with his personal failures, then we'll call it therapy.

Guest guest

The HFD does everything in their power to deflect the fact that it is a complete farce of a service that the taxpaxers and home ownwers do not need. June already and not one fire, therefore no work. This is concrete evidence that Harrison does not need a paid fire department with a $13 million dollar cost per year. Imagine all of the wonderfull things that Harrison could do with that outrageous amount of wasted money by disbanding this dead wood.

See the light and demand change. Even after the stealing by the politicians which will take place out of the $13 million, good things could happen, like lower taxes, water bills, etc....Thats my opinion.

Guest Harrison Senior
The HFD does everything in their power to deflect the fact that it is a complete farce of a service that the taxpaxers and home ownwers do not need. June already and not one fire, therefore no work. This is concrete evidence that Harrison does not need a paid fire department with a $13 million dollar cost per year. Imagine all of the wonderfull things that Harrison could do with that outrageous amount of wasted money by disbanding this dead wood.

See the light and demand change. Even after the stealing by the politicians which will take place out of the $13 million, good things could happen, like lower taxes, water bills, etc....Thats my opinion.

The Keyboard Kommando is at home at 1:30 PM, having called out sick again. How ironic that he talks about wasted money.

Guest guest

Once again deflecting attention away from the HFD's lack of work and usefullness as an organization that is raping the town for millions by calling the fire department an educated persons opinion of the waste of money just what it is, a waste of money, equiptment, and real estate. Gotta go call in sick. Later!

Guest guest

IMO there is something wrong with you Copper!

Guest guest

So when is the budget meeting and are they cutting anything out of the budget. Have town workers been given the required notices about potential job losses or is Mayor McDonough simply going to increase our taxes again another what 5% to 10% increase?