Unfair Board Of Ed

Guest Fairplay

Guest Fairplay

Question, why is it after the Board Of Education voted to not allow any Kearny soccer clubs to play on Board Of Ed fields, one club was given access to Kearny High School? The club that was denied was Kearny Thistle, I know a lot of you who read this forum have either had children who played Thistle or are currently active in the Organization. The club that was granted field time this Sunday was kearny united.

A new team in town fighting for field space with a team that has been here for 30 years. Interesting who is one of the head coaches for this upstart team and the treatment they have been getting, our own Board Of Education President Bernadette McDonald! If you are a Thistle parent or just a proponent of fair play please call the Board office and your local councilperson to address this blatant conflict of interest. please let me add there were a few board members who supported the Thistle cause, do a little digging and it won't be hard to figure out who!!!

P.S.

Thistle 87 percent Kearny Kids

Kearny United 45 Percent

Thistle 15 teams

Kearny United 4

Guest Guest
Question, why is it after the Board Of Education voted to not allow any Kearny soccer clubs to play on Board Of Ed fields, one club was given access to Kearny High School? The club that was denied was Kearny Thistle, I know a lot of you who read this forum have either had children who played Thistle or are currently active in the Organization. The club that was granted field time this Sunday was kearny united.

A new team in town fighting for field space with a team that has been here for 30 years. Interesting who is one of the head coaches for this upstart team and the treatment they have been getting, our own Board Of Education President Bernadette McDonald! If you are a Thistle parent or just a proponent of fair play please call the Board office and your local councilperson to address this blatant conflict of interest. please let me add there were a few board members who supported the Thistle cause, do a little digging and it won't be hard to figure out who!!!

P.S.

Kearny United 45 Percent

Thistle 15 teams

Kearny United 4

First off, make sure your information is accurate before you post. Obviously, the person you are getting your info from doesn't know the facts. FACT 1 - Kearny United players were ALWAYS Thisle players, they are just the older kids now. FACT 2 - BOTH TEAMS were given field time. This time is being split between Gunnel Oval and KHS turf. FACT 3 - BOE Presidentt is a coach of Kearny United, but her team will be playing Sunday, the 29th at the Oval.

You can call whomever you want, councilperson, mayor or the Board Office, but you will look like a fool, because all the parties involved know what the facts really are.

As far as the Thistle cause, whatever that may be, why don't you stop pitting these teams against eachother and try to work as a group for the players?

Guest Not so Soccer

P.S.

Kearny United 45 Percent

Thistle 15 teams

Kearny United 4

So your point is that Thistle has more kids so the other Teams should not get any field time????

You "forgot" to mention that Thistle uses Kearny Schools for indoor practice! I don't know how you pull that one off.

You are private clubs using Town/Board of Ed fields and facilties for a small fee and sometimes nothing. The wear annd tear that the Clubs put on the fields is far greater than the fees paid. Be grateful for what you have and stop crying.

Guest Guest
First off, make sure your information is accurate before you post. Obviously, the person you are getting your info from doesn't know the facts. FACT 1 - Kearny United players were ALWAYS Thisle players, they are just the older kids now. FACT 2 - BOTH TEAMS were given field time. This time is being split between Gunnel Oval and KHS turf. FACT 3 - BOE Presidentt is a coach of Kearny United, but her team will be playing Sunday, the 29th at the Oval.

You can call whomever you want, councilperson, mayor or the Board Office, but you will look like a fool, because all the parties involved know what the facts really are.

As far as the Thistle cause, whatever that may be, why don't you stop pitting these teams against eachother and try to work as a group for the players?

Wrong on the first most of your kids are from out of town and some of the others are fomer Thistle players, but the reason they are playing with the upstarts is not because Thistle hasn't had teams in those older age groups. Now who should get the facts straight come on now! Fact two wrong, no Thistle team played on KHS on Sunday 3/22/09 The games I watched @ KHS were all kearny united Games ! I'll give you the third! As for your heartfelt advice, the only reason this other club was formed was to pit it against the established club. a couple of cry babies didn't get their way took their bat and ball and went crying all the way home!!!

Guest Guest
So your point is that Thistle has more kids so the other Teams should not get any field time????

You "forgot" to mention that Thistle uses Kearny Schools for indoor practice! I don't know how you pull that one off.

You are private clubs using Town/Board of Ed fields and facilties for a small fee and sometimes nothing. The wear annd tear that the Clubs put on the fields is far greater than the fees paid. Be grateful for what you have and stop crying.

The one club has been here for over 30 years and had a good working relationship with the Town! So what has changed??? How many of our solid Kearnyites have passed through the Kearny Thistle Organization? And why are there a couple of disgruntled people trying to destroy a proud "KEARNY" Organization. And believe me as a parent who watched my kids go through the Thistle Organization and go on to play college ball I am thankful for what the town has done in the past, I just hope they will see through this nonsense and continue to support an organization that has made Kearny Proud!

Guest guest
Wrong on the first most of your kids are from out of town and some of the others are fomer Thistle players, but the reason they are playing with the upstarts is not because Thistle hasn't had teams in those older age groups. Now who should get the facts straight come on now! Fact two wrong, no Thistle team played on KHS on Sunday 3/22/09 The games I watched @ KHS were all kearny united Games ! I'll give you the third! As for your heartfelt advice, the only reason this other club was formed was to pit it against the established club. a couple of cry babies didn't get their way took their bat and ball and went crying all the way home!!!

The permit issued for 3/22/09 was for Thistle. You may request a copy from the BOE to verify. As far as the cry babies, don't you think it is about time that the adults start acting like adults? This is for both leagues.

Guest Guest

This poster never said anything about excluding anyone, the complaint was that the Thistle teams were excluded! your argument makes no sense!

Guest Guest

I don't know anything about your soccer teams, but this isn't a surprise to anyone familiar with the pres of the board of ed.

Guest Soccer denial
This poster never said anything about excluding anyone, the complaint was that the Thistle teams were excluded! your argument makes no sense!

Maybe you should read the original post again. Than maybe you will make some sense of it!

Guest Guest

I've been out of Kearny for a little while now, but always equated Kearny Soccer with the Kearny Thistle club and the great Kearny High School teams.Please provide more info. Who started the other club and why?

A Proud Kearny Dude!!!

Guest Guest
Maybe you should read the original post again. Than maybe you will make some sense of it!

OK re-read it three times never did the poster ask for anyone to be excluded, only to get a fair shot! Maybe you should read it again.

Guest Guest

The permit issued for 3/22/09 was for Thistle. You may request a copy from the BOE to verify. As far as the cry babies, don't you think it is about time that the adults start acting like adults? This is for both leagues.

Then why were the only games on that field Kearny united??? Did Thistle just not want to play on that beautiful field??? I think not!

Guest Soccer Illiterate
OK re-read it three times never did the poster ask for anyone to be excluded, only to get a fair shot! Maybe you should read it again.

OOOO KKAAAAYYYYY, let's go real slow for you.

Let's recap:

1- My first post NEVER states to EXCLUDE any club, read my first sentence, if you can't read, this first sentence was a question ( ? ) not a statement.

2- Now read your first posts, you go from saying nobody ever says anything about being EXCLUDED, to your next post saying Thistle was EXCLUDED, to your last post saying you read it (3) times and NOBODY was EXCLUDED. :huh::unsure:

I will not attack you for you my friend are CHALLENGED.

The statement implies that because Thistle has been here 30 years, because they have more kids in their program, etc, etc.... they should get the fields.

You speak of UNFAIR treatment? Every program that uses Town, Board of Ed fields and facilities MUST apply for use via a permit. This includes private clubs and Town programs. Everyone APPLIES for the permits, does not matter if you have been here 100 years or 1 week, 500 kids or 5 kids, to be FAIR everyone gets an EQUAL shot at using fields and FACILITIES!

My advice to you.... 3 words..... Huntington Learning Center.

Guest Guest
OOOO KKAAAAYYYYY, let's go real slow for you.

Let's recap:

1- My first post NEVER states to EXCLUDE any club, read my first sentence, if you can't read, this first sentence was a question ( ? ) not a statement.

2- Now read your first posts, you go from saying nobody ever says anything about being EXCLUDED, to your next post saying Thistle was EXCLUDED, to your last post saying you read it (3) times and NOBODY was EXCLUDED. :huh::unsure:

I will not attack you for you my friend are CHALLENGED.

The statement implies that because Thistle has been here 30 years, because they have more kids in their program, etc, etc.... they should get the fields.

You speak of UNFAIR treatment? Every program that uses Town, Board of Ed fields and facilities MUST apply for use via a permit. This includes private clubs and Town programs. Everyone APPLIES for the permits, does not matter if you have been here 100 years or 1 week, 500 kids or 5 kids, to be FAIR everyone gets an EQUAL shot at using fields and FACILITIES!

My advice to you.... 3 words..... Huntington Learning Center.

Well Einstein you are so SMART you just argued my original point! We want to be fair! Well that was the point of the first post. Kearny United teams got to play at KHS and THISTLE didn't not fair. Got It sport. Maybe you should slow down and really read what you are responding to instead of trying to talk in circles! Huntington Learning Center funny. You are an idiot savant sans savant.

Guest Lets Be Fair

So what is fair?

The so called “Kearny Strikers United” are KEARNY KIDS!

Let’s go to the web! Please paste link below

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/defau...er&p=roster

Ok the facts are 4 KIDS are from KEARNY. The other 4 are from St. Benedict's Prep and their home country is Bolivia. If you know anything about High School soccer you would know that ***** ***** recruits players from South and Central America and then finds them homes in the US. So let’s look at this team: 4 players go to KHS and live in town, 12 live out of town, 4 live where? We don’t know. They go to St. Benedict's Prep. That’s just one team from Kearny United Strikers.

So you say let’s be fair?

Both Soccer originations had use of the Kearny Schools. But let’s take a closer look into this.

Thistle, with 15 teams, had the use of 2 nights at Kearny High School and 4 nights at Roosevelt School.

Kearny United Strikers, with 7 teams, {P.S. they just lost 1 team} had 2 nights at Kearny High School and 3 Nights at Garfield School.

So I am glad the kids from West New York enjoyed my tax dollars but you call this FAIR?

So what would you say is fair? Perhaps we could have the Mayor and Council request rosters and have a town official go to the addresses and VALIDATE that the families live there. If the majority live in KEARNY they use the FIELDS! Then give practice times per hour, per team. So Thistle Gets 1 Hour per team and Kearny United Gets 1 Hour per team for practice times.

Each team from BOTH originations could have NO MORE than 5 HOME GAMES.

AS a TAX PAYER and a VOTER I think this a fair solution to this matter.

Guest Guest
So what is fair?

Ok the facts are 4 KIDS are from KEARNY. The other 4 are from St. Benedict's Prep and their home country is Bolivia. If you know anything about High School soccer you would know that ***** ***** recruits players from South and Central America and then finds them homes in the US. So let’s look at this team: 4 players go to KHS and live in town, 12 live out of town, 4 live where? We don’t know. They go to St. Benedict's Prep. That’s just one team from Kearny United Strikers.

Both Soccer originations had use of the Kearny Schools. But let’s take a closer look into this.

Thistle, with 15 teams, had the use of 2 nights at Kearny High School and 4 nights at Roosevelt School.

Kearny United Strikers, with 7 teams, {P.S. they just lost 1 team} had 2 nights at Kearny High School and 3 Nights at Garfield School.

So I am glad the kids from West New York enjoyed my tax dollars but you call this FAIR?

So what would you say is fair? Perhaps we could have the Mayor and Council request rosters and have a town official go to the addresses and VALIDATE that the families live there. If the majority live in KEARNY they use the FIELDS! Then give practice times per hour, per team. So Thistle Gets 1 Hour per team and Kearny United Gets 1 Hour per team for practice times.

BRAVO!

Guest Guest
So what is fair?

Well Kearny United is this true???

Guest Guest
So what is fair?

We're Waiting Kearny United is this true?

Guest Not a Kearny United Parent
We're Waiting Kearny United is this true?

I am not a parent of a Kearny United player, but my children are friends with many of the players. On one of the boys teams, every player is from Kearny, so what are you talking about. The people that will not let this go, really have a problem. All the kids got to play. Not one team was denied. Let go and move forward.

Guest Guest

This might be a little off topic, but I had to address it because it just seems odd that this day in age and protecting our children, that this information would be available for the world to view.

I went to the website that was listed and although I understand that a website like this is done for college recruitment puproses, I still feel that any player under the age of 18 should not have all their personal information floating around like that.

I also delved further into the website and seen that they are looking to start younger teams. I would sure hope that a close up shot of an 11, 12, or 13 year old child would not make it's way to that site with all that information attached to it.

The player pages for that team lists the players full name, town they reside in, their email address, and then to top it all off, a personal photo of the player! As a parent, I would NEVER allow that for my child. That is just way too much information for anyone with internet access to view.

Maybe the coaches felt that it would be easy access for college scouts to look at, but try to consider just how many people have viewed those pages already that are not affiliated with colleges. I doubt that all of those people viewing that information are interested in handing out scholarships to those young players.

Not only that, but it just goes to show that the majority of those players do not live in the town of Kearny. Can't their familes request permits to practice and play games in their hometowns as well? It would seem like a huge inconvience to me if I had to travel to West New York, etc.... to practice/play games in Kearny.

Guest Guest
I am not a parent of a Kearny United player, but my children are friends with many of the players. On one of the boys teams, every player is from Kearny, so what are you talking about. The people that will not let this go, really have a problem. All the kids got to play. Not one team was denied. Let go and move forward.

Sure you not! Check the web site

Guest fairplay

I don't think anyone is trying to deny the teams that are predominately made up of Kearny residents a place to train or play. But let's face it, we pay a lot of taxes in this town and our schools and fields should not be easily handed out to teams that are basically made up on non-residents.

I know that many people in this community would complain if you seen people coming from other communities to use of facilities and pushing our "Kearny" kids out. This is the same scenario.

Every child deserves the right to play and succeed in sports. No one is aruging that. The point here is that if these teams are made up of players from other locations, then why aren't they using their home fields/schools?

Guest Guest
I've been out of Kearny for a little while now, but always equated Kearny Soccer with the Kearny Thistle club and the great Kearny High School teams.Please provide more info. Who started the other club and why?

A Proud Kearny Dude!!!

Great question. The other club was started for one reason, and if they try to tell you it had anything to do with the kids they are selling you a bunch of you know what. It was formed because of ego. A former Thistle Board member did not get their way and went on a vindictive campaign to try and destroy the Thistle Club. This has absolutly nothing to do with the kids nor does it benefit them. This Town could barely support one club with the limited field space available. This situation has opened a Pandoras box for the Town. Now instead of dealing with one local club they have to deal with two. Where does it stop? Every time someone doesn't get their way, well lets just start our own club. This group may have started out trying to destroy Thistle but what they might accomplsh is killing Club soccer in Soccer Town USA. Well done, all for ego!!!

Guest Guest

Why the need for the second club??? Please I really want to know.