Kids

Guest Senior Guest

Guest Senior Guest

I am a senior citizen and I enjoy watchuing a show on TV called Americas Best Dance Crew.....I think it is wonderful and wish I was a kid again so I could do this.....I think it would be great if someone would step up and try to get a program in this town for these Kids to do something like this. It is time consuming and take a lot of practice and hard work. And then eventually the can have contest just like they have the Battle of the bands whitch I enjoy going to see....These kids need something to grab their interest and get involved in....I think it is worth a shot....If I was Younger and able to Dance I would love to do it for them...We need to get them into something and get them off of the streets ....So maybe some one could step up and atart something like this....I THINK IT WOULD BE FABULOUS...So Someone please think about this and give it a try......

Guest Guest
I am a senior citizen and I enjoy watchuing a show on TV called Americas Best Dance Crew.....I think it is wonderful and wish I was a kid again so I could do this.....I think it would be great if someone would step up and try to get a program in this town for these Kids to do something like this. It is time consuming and take a lot of practice and hard work. And then eventually the can have contest just like they have the Battle of the bands whitch I enjoy going to see....These kids need something to grab their interest and get involved in....I think it is worth a shot....If I was Younger and able to Dance I would love to do it for them...We need to get them into something and get them off of the streets ....So maybe some one could step up and atart something like this....I THINK IT WOULD BE FABULOUS...So Someone please think about this and give it a try......

I think that is a GREAT idea, My kids love to dance.

Guest Senior Guest
I think that is a GREAT idea, My kids love to dance.

Yes I think it is a good idea, it will help keep the kids off the street and maybe save some of them from getting into trouble.....I think these kids need someone to do this and show that someone does care, unfortunately Parents have to work 2 jobs to get by , I am sure they would prefer to be home and some parents just don't care so hopefully someone would be kind enough to give this a shot and help ..Show these kids someone does care . I really would love to see this happen. Like I said if I was Younger and could dance, Unfortunately I I can't keep a beat, but I would love to be able to do this , So Someone please someone one step up for these kids , There are plenty of Older Kids that can manage to do something like this....I would love to go see battle of the dance crews come to life in Harrison. Who knows someday they can end up on Americas Best Dance Cews.....Turn it on and watch it on the MTV channel...It is on Thursday nites and have reruns all the time . it is GREAT....I enjoy it.All You hear is all the bad on this site about the Town How about trying to do some Good. Work with these Kids and Maybe We will see they are not so Bad , When they have nothing to do it can end up with Trouble We can try to stop this and save some of these kids...They are our Future it is worth it.Show them We Care......

Guest guest
Yes I think it is a good idea, it will help keep the kids off the street and maybe save some of them from getting into trouble.....I think these kids need someone to do this and show that someone does care, unfortunately Parents have to work 2 jobs to get by , I am sure they would prefer to be home and some parents just don't care so hopefully someone would be kind enough to give this a shot and help ..Show these kids someone does care . I really would love to see this happen. Like I said if I was Younger and could dance, Unfortunately I I can't keep a beat, but I would love to be able to do this , So Someone please someone one step up for these kids , There are plenty of Older Kids that can manage to do something like this....I would love to go see battle of the dance crews come to life in Harrison. Who knows someday they can end up on Americas Best Dance Cews.....Turn it on and watch it on the MTV channel...It is on Thursday nites and have reruns all the time . it is GREAT....I enjoy it.All You hear is all the bad on this site about the Town How about trying to do some Good. Work with these Kids and Maybe We will see they are not so Bad , When they have nothing to do it can end up with Trouble We can try to stop this and save some of these kids...They are our Future it is worth it.Show them We Care......

Also how about opening the pool for the kids.

Guest Guest
Also how about opening the pool for the kids.

How about the pool for every one. A teen night, a senior night, a boys only night, a girls only night. a kids only night, get the picture. Other towns have done this, so why can't we? These pools seem to be a waste of time.

Guest *Nick*

The problem with that is there no more other place to put this dance for kids. I'm a teen, 16 and yes I agree something to be done about us beening out side in the cold weather/ hot weather (summer). The Washington Middle School, surely might open the Pool this year not sure yet depends on them. Harrison High is using there pool as classes instead. I would love it if they made a theater in Harrison, I be happy to even help out on it. Why don't they use the empty houses on Middlesex St. there all a mess, Boarded up and etc.

Guest Guest
The problem with that is there no more other place to put this dance for kids. I'm a teen, 16 and yes I agree something to be done about us beening out side in the cold weather/ hot weather (summer). The Washington Middle School, surely might open the Pool this year not sure yet depends on them. Harrison High is using there pool as classes instead. I would love it if they made a theater in Harrison, I be happy to even help out on it. Why don't they use the empty houses on Middlesex St. there all a mess, Boarded up and etc.

It is wonderful to see some positive, constructive thinking here. This teenager makes me think that one of the best ways to create a successful program would be to get a group of kids together and ask them what would interest them (make them part of a community-wide planning committee). No point in coming up with programs that the kids aren't interested in. In terms of the pools & programs, I like the idea that was on one of the boards a week or so ago regarding getting a YMCA program going in Harrison. Between the pools, the gyms and the fields, we should be able to find the space. These programs should definitely be run as afterschool programs and also on weekends.

Think we all agree that the Recreation Dept. programming is worthless so how about if we get a real, proven program (such as the YMCA) and professionals to run it and actually provide a service to the families of our community. Also, no one is looking for handouts. Most YMCA's charge for the activities and for membership so this could be funded by what is currently the Recreation Dept. budget and then supplemented by fees (on a sliding scale so everyone can participate).

Is anyone listening who can do something about this???

Guest guest
How about the pool for every one. A teen night, a senior night, a boys only night, a girls only night. a kids only night, get the picture. Other towns have done this, so why can't we? These pools seem to be a waste of time.

YEARS AGO, THERE USED TO BE PUBLIC 'TENNIS COURT' NEXT TO THE LIBRARY, IN THE 'CENTER' OF TOWN, WALKABLE FOR EVEN SENIORS. NOW THERE ARE 'NONE' CLOSE BY IN TOWN. KEARNY PARK (devon st. area) IS VERY FAR FOR RESIDENTS NEAR THE PECTERS AREA. there are NEW

TENNIS COURTS SITTING EMPTY. VIRTUALLY UNUSED IN BACK OF THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL & THEY ARE 'CLOSED' TO THE PUBLIC & senior citizens of the town. How about opening them up to the public, at least on week-ends?

Guest Senior Guest
you meant fools there are many.

<_< I am sure if any of these politicians cared at all they could come up with some where for this to happen.....We now have 4 schools in this town and to open one of them for a couple of hours a nite just for the kids that are serious about trying to get a Dance crew together should be a good thing . It is time to start thinking about the kids and getting them off the streets..Everyone should watch America's Best dance Crew and see how great this show is , I love it , this Style of Dance is sooooo Great and is obviously something that takes a lot of hard work....I pray that someone steps up to the plate and tries to do something....I would really like to see Kids that are dedicated to doing something like this and getting off the streets and make things better for themselves...Any Kid that can stick to doing something like this is surely worth helping and I believe will get some where in life , because this kind of dancing takes dedication and hard work.....PLEASE SOMEONE STEP UP AND GIVE THESE KIDS A SHOT At DOING SOMETHING AND STAYING OFF THE STREET....Today anything is worth a shot when it comes to helping these kids.....

Guest SeniorGuest
How about boxing gym. There is nothing like this in area.

<_< Why can't one of these companies with empty buildings, Like Cambell foundation or Supor has a large building , isn't there any empty space in there or one of these other buildings that are empty do something with their buildings I do not know how the system works but can they not get some kind of Grant or something to fix up and open up one of these places for the kids...The Politicians in this Town are only interested in what is going to benefit them and their friends and family , it seems to Me....and I do not want thius topic to change onto them , I really want to focus on that..The Kids really need something , Get a building large enough to have a Dance area , Boxing as this person has said ....Let;s start thinking of the kids ...There has got to be someone that can do something...You have all these Celebrities that like to give back, and a lot give back to the kids...Why can't one of them that have come to this town to shoot a couple of sceves for there movies or whatever be asked to step up and help....I just beg someone to PLEASE care enough about the kids to do something..Being on the streets only opens the door for them to get into trouble.....They need to know that people do care. This town used to have ice skating rink, which was great , that needs to come back and then in the summer make it into a skating rink....Oh well I just hope something good can come out of this topic....Maybe the kids should go in front of town hall one day and pickit for more things for them to do ....and call the news to tape and report on it.Then maybe someone will see it and step up.....The KIDS DO MATTER...

Guest Guest
;) Why can't one of these companies with empty buildings, Like Cambell foundation or Supor has a large building , isn't there any empty space in there or one of these other buildings that are empty do something with their buildings I do not know how the system works but can they not get some kind of Grant or something to fix up and open up one of these places for the kids...The Politicians in this Town are only interested in what is going to benefit them and their friends and family , it seems to Me....and I do not want thius topic to change onto them , I really want to focus on that..The Kids really need something , Get a building large enough to have a Dance area , Boxing as this person has said ....Let;s start thinking of the kids ...There has got to be someone that can do something...You have all these Celebrities that like to give back, and a lot give back to the kids...Why can't one of them that have come to this town to shoot a couple of sceves for there movies or whatever be asked to step up and help....I just beg someone to PLEASE care enough about the kids to do something..Being on the streets only opens the door for them to get into trouble.....They need to know that people do care. This town used to have ice skating rink, which was great , that needs to come back and then in the summer make it into a skating rink....Oh well I just hope something good can come out of this topic....Maybe the kids should go in front of town hall one day and pickit for more things for them to do ....and call the news to tape and report on it.Then maybe someone will see it and step up.....The KIDS DO MATTER...

THEY COULD BE FUTURE EPA SITES... .

Guest *Guests*
;) Why can't one of these companies with empty buildings, Like Cambell foundation or Supor has a large building , isn't there any empty space in there or one of these other buildings that are empty do something with their buildings I do not know how the system works but can they not get some kind of Grant or something to fix up and open up one of these places for the kids...The Politicians in this Town are only interested in what is going to benefit them and their friends and family , it seems to Me....and I do not want thius topic to change onto them , I really want to focus on that..The Kids really need something , Get a building large enough to have a Dance area , Boxing as this person has said ....Let;s start thinking of the kids ...There has got to be someone that can do something...You have all these Celebrities that like to give back, and a lot give back to the kids...Why can't one of them that have come to this town to shoot a couple of sceves for there movies or whatever be asked to step up and help....I just beg someone to PLEASE care enough about the kids to do something..Being on the streets only opens the door for them to get into trouble.....They need to know that people do care. This town used to have ice skating rink, which was great , that needs to come back and then in the summer make it into a skating rink....Oh well I just hope something good can come out of this topic....Maybe the kids should go in front of town hall one day and pickit for more things for them to do ....and call the news to tape and report on it.Then maybe someone will see it and step up.....The KIDS DO MATTER...

To quote Tom, I have a secret job, P-----, playgrounds don't pay taxes.

Guest Senior guest
The state already provides a facility to entertain the kids. Its called the Youth House and its in Secaucus.

Sorry but You sound loke a real as-ho-e, Obviously You are a miserable person and We really don't need Your remarks...So Please do not bother responding to the conversation on this site...We are trying to get something done for the Kids in town and We do not need PATHETIC People like You with Your remarks...It's People like You that make the kids of today the way they are nothing positive coming from You, You must have spent some time there Yourself.....YOU ARE PATHETIC.....

Guest *Nick*

Well, I wish I can help. I would stand up for our friends so i'm try to get some friends into this and hopefully help out the community, but then we need some money aleast donations to help us cause we can't do stuff in the cold weather like this. I was thinking about making a big program for just us teenagers which the town might follow. I was thinking making it big like newpapers and even Kearny on the Web supports us so the town doesn't look like they care about us (which they don't) like the community rec. come on Vinny (Manager), we need more stuff not just working out//basketball or even the game room still boring for us we need to see some actions get family together aleast =) That's what I want to see and hopefully this works to make our town stand out and help the rest of NJ teenagers to follow our move =)

Plus we use to have movies and a bowling alley

The harrison rink was awesome. A lot of good memories. My mom use to drop me and brother off. Bennett and Osterkorn where the skate guards.

Guest guest
Plus we use to have movies and a bowling alley

The harrison rink was awesome. A lot of good memories. My mom use to drop me and brother off. Bennett and Osterkorn where the skate guards.

All the bldg their doing how about a bowling alley. That would diffently bring in money. And the kids would at least have that.

Guest Guest

How about a skate park! These poor kids are all over the streets and they get chased away for the stupidest reasons but they have no where else to go. They need SOMETHING!! What do they have?? A half-ass community center with some basketball nets and a pool table, FUN! : (

The kids should really rally up and go to a town meeting! Maybe seeing them in person would make people realize that the youth of the town is being overlooked dramatically!!

Guest Guest

I think it is really good that people care enough about the kids to be discussing ideas and making suggestions. What steps can be taken to get something done about this? Pretty obvious that the mayor couldn't care less, nothing in it for him. Steve & Maria? Could your property on Frank Rodgers be turned into an afterschool activity center for the middle school/high school kids? It would be a start.

Guest guest

Get rid of the clubhouse/fire department and the $13 million they get paid each year could do wonders towards programs and facilities for the kids. Nobody would even know that they shut down the FD/clubhouse for years because they don't do any work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!