OPEN GYM

Guest Guest

Can someone explain what is open gym on Sundays at Washington School.

The info said something about running, is that all you do or are machines like treadmills available?

That is because the the Recreation Center is never open. I heard they are getting a crowd but the little kids are getting bounced out by the big kids as usual.

Can someone explain what is open gym on Sundays at Washington School.

The info said something about running, is that all you do or are machines like treadmills available?

I would not let my children go there there are people there that I do not want my children around if ya know what i am sayin....trouble that is all that is. Once again the are bringing the children into the politcs. The Town is a disgrace bad enough there is nowhere for them to go and nothing for them to do.

I would not let my children go there there are people there that I do not want my children around if ya know what i am sayin....trouble that is all that is. Once again the are bringing the children into the politcs. The Town is a disgrace bad enough there is nowhere for them to go and nothing for them to do.

In the words of, "I have a secret job," Tom P-----, "playgrounds don't pay taxes." Neither do the developers, nor those buying their houses. So those of us that do pay the ever increasing taxes will have to let our children play in the streets, so people like Tom P----- can keep his secret job.

Well they opened the gym so there IS somewhere for them to go; you just aren't going to send them!! And G*D forbid you actually stayed and played something with them so they aren't near people you don't want them near. You're just looking for free babysitting as usual!

Just keep complaining Stevie boy (or Maria) don't try to be part of the solution and recomend something constructive. Take your kids to Belmar and complain about Harrison way to go...

Just keep complaining Stevie boy (or Maria) don't try to be part of the solution and recomend something constructive. Take your kids to Belmar and complain about Harrison way to go...

Steve and Maria are the people that have been fighting to get this gym opened and to have open space available for our kids to play in. The solution is to have people who truly care about our kids and not make excuses on why we cannot have such things as this available, not just our kids but for seniors and adults. I just don't get it why we have a community center that is occuppied by the BOE with not much space for our COMMUNITY. The community center should have more people like ****** in there that are willing to run around, MOTIVATED AND WILLING TO talk to kids as if they exist. The boses just sit around, drink coffee, bullshit and no motivation. WE NEED A NEW YOUNGER CREW TO RUN THIS FACILITY. On Saturday I had a chance to walk into Washington Middle School Gym they had some instructional soccer clinic, all the kids did is run around with no one instructing? Why, they drank coffee and talked on the side. BFD that is just what our kids need.

RESPECT PEOPLE AS YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. VERY REWARDING.

Well they opened the gym so there IS somewhere for them to go; you just aren't going to send them!! And G*D forbid you actually stayed and played something with them so they aren't near people you don't want them near. You're just looking for free babysitting as usual!

No sorry I wouldn't allow any of those losers to watch my child....especially the female that has something for little girls.

I don't get involved for people to settle their BS because the don't like the Mayor. I would stay to play with my son but I can't stomach listening to I - ME -I - Me you are not going to prove a point using my child. You people are sick! You make me sick!

Steve and Maria are the people that have been fighting to get this gym opened and to have open space available for our kids to play in. The solution is to have people who truly care about our kids and not make excuses on why we cannot have such things as this available, not just our kids but for seniors and adults. I just don't get it why we have a community center that is occuppied by the BOE with not much space for our COMMUNITY. The community center should have more people like ****** in there that are willing to run around, MOTIVATED AND WILLING TO talk to kids as if they exist. The boses just sit around, drink coffee, bullshit and no motivation. WE NEED A NEW YOUNGER CREW TO RUN THIS FACILITY. On Saturday I had a chance to walk into Washington Middle School Gym they had some instructional soccer clinic, all the kids did is run around with no one instructing? Why, they drank coffee and talked on the side. BFD that is just what our kids need.

RESPECT PEOPLE AS YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. VERY REWARDING.

Lets face it the community center is a joke, the kids don't go there because they are yelled and cursed at and there is nothing fun in or about the place. It is supposed to be a place for the children not for ******* ****.

No sorry I wouldn't allow any of those losers to watch my child....especially the female that has something for little girls.

I don't get involved for people to settle their BS because the don't like the Mayor. I would stay to play with my son but I can't stomach listening to I - ME -I - Me you are not going to prove a point using my child. You people are sick! You make me sick!

You people B**ch because there's nowhere for them and now you B**ch again. No one is saying they are going to watch your child. If your child is out rooming the streets anything can happen. Give me a freaking break. Get a job and quit bitching.Yeah I know you have a great job right. It's not a babysitting place.

Lets face it the community center is a joke, the kids don't go there because they are yelled and cursed at and there is nothing fun in or about the place. It is supposed to be a place for the children not for ******* ****.

People like you make me laugh. If it's such a joke, have you gone in there and complained or went the proper authorities to do so. If the kids are being yelled and cursed at then something should be done, right? The fact of the matter is, that you don't know what your talking about. All of you people who sit here and write negatively or mean spirited things about certain aspects of town offer no solutions. From your keyboards you type away at how this is horrible or that's horrible, without ever coming up with anything positive to say. The Rec is open 9-7, walk in there if you think something's wrong with the place, and talk to the proper person.

RESPECT PEOPLE AS YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. VERY REWARDING

I walked in to Washington School on Saturday as well and my opinion is different than yours. The kids who work there are doing the best they can with the number of kids that are showing up. On any given Saturday there can be any where from 30 to 50 4-8 years olds in the gym. I want to see you get up and try to control and keep the kids in order. The people who work on Saturday do a good job at trying to maintain some type of organization. As for the open gym, take a walk in to Washington School on Sunday and see what disorganized really looks like. At least the rec has certain age groups coming in a different times on Saturday. Its a free for all on Sundays. You have adults mixed in with kids, people running around all over the place, its a mess. It could be run much better if someone took the time to organize it and plan the open gym according to age. If your claim to fame as a council men/woman is to have an open gym on Sundays than you better start working a little harder. I voted for Steve and Maria and I haven't seen my vote count for much other than an "open gym".

People like you make me laugh. If it's such a joke, have you gone in there and complained or went the proper authorities to do so. If the kids are being yelled and cursed at then something should be done, right? The fact of the matter is, that you don't know what your talking about. All of you people who sit here and write negatively or mean spirited things about certain aspects of town offer no solutions. From your keyboards you type away at how this is horrible or that's horrible, without ever coming up with anything positive to say. The Rec is open 9-7, walk in there if you think something's wrong with the place, and talk to the proper person.

Who and is there a proper person??? I can't wait to see the answer to this....

Please work on your sentence structure, your english is still very weak.

Enough with the comments about sentemce structure, grammar, spelling etc.

This is not school and it is not a English class. So give it a rest already.

That is because the the Recreation Center is never open. I heard they are getting a crowd but the little kids are getting bounced out by the big kids as usual.

WELL IF THE RECRATION CENTER IS NEVER OPENED WHY DO WE HAVE 20 PEOPLE WORKING THERE. LET START THE LAY OFF RIGHT THERE AND SAVE SOME BIG MONEY.

Enough with the comments about sentemce structure, grammar, spelling etc.

This is not school and it is not a English class. So give it a rest already.

I'm sorry, but your "a" before English should be "an". Your really should hit the grammer book again.

RESPECT PEOPLE AS YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED. VERY REWARDING

I walked in to Washington School on Saturday as well and my opinion is different than yours. The kids who work there are doing the best they can with the number of kids that are showing up. On any given Saturday there can be any where from 30 to 50 4-8 years olds in the gym. I want to see you get up and try to control and keep the kids in order. The people who work on Saturday do a good job at trying to maintain some type of organization. As for the open gym, take a walk in to Washington School on Sunday and see what disorganized really looks like. At least the rec has certain age groups coming in a different times on Saturday. Its a free for all on Sundays. You have adults mixed in with kids, people running around all over the place, its a mess. It could be run much better if someone took the time to organize it and plan the open gym according to age. If your claim to fame as a council men/woman is to have an open gym on Sundays than you better start working a little harder. I voted for Steve and Maria and I haven't seen my vote count for much other than an "open gym".

(How could you have voted for Steve and Maria when you do not live in their ward? you live in the gardens and you work for the town. the only reason that you are bitching about open gym is because they pay no overtime ANYMORE. remember you could be the next person in line to run the community center, so please be nice to the kids and not just the kids of the big shots in town.ALL KIDS COUNT. everyone deserves to be treated with respect and no prejudice. )

WELL IF THE RECRATION CENTER IS NEVER OPENED WHY DO WE HAVE 20 PEOPLE WORKING THERE. LET START THE LAY OFF RIGHT THERE AND SAVE SOME BIG MONEY.

Exactly!!!

My next questions are:

Why is the community center closed when schools are closed and on holidays like MLK etc?

Where are the kids suppsed to go?

I'm sorry, but your "a" before English should be "an". Your really should hit the grammer book again.

So you excell in English! I excell in History and Math! Who gives a rats ass. You missed the whole point.

Exactly!!!

My next questions are:

Why is the community center closed when schools are closed and on holidays like MLK etc?

Where are the kids suppsed to go?

MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE HOME WITH BOTH PARENTS.LEARNING HOME VALUES

INSTEAD OF BURDENING THE TAX PAYER MORE.

The children are the future, maybe we should give them a chance. In the future they will be paying for your S.S. and pensions.

Do your counting again. You are a joke 20 people working there.

Guest Please Flush

Children, really? You actually suggest that the needs of children are to blame? Wow.

Are you not the largest turd in the toilet or what?

Sorry you had such an abusive childhood. It must be unbearable to live with you. Can you even stand yourself?

By the way most Harrisonians know who put the tax burden on them. Those who don't should get themselves informed. They don't even need to look farther than

the confines of the town. But children? I believe you might want to rethink that one.

PS Are you the guy who kept my baseball when it went over your fence? I'd like it back.