Miracle on the Hudson

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

I wonder if there were any atheists on the plane that ditched in the Hudson. And I wonder if there were, did they find God and start praying like every Christian on board was doing. That's the falacy of atheism, when they're suddenly confronted with a deadly situation they ask God to save them.

Guest Smoke & Mirrors
I wonder if there were any atheists on the plane that ditched in the Hudson. And I wonder if there were, did they find God and start praying like every Christian on board was doing. That's the falacy of atheism, when they're suddenly confronted with a deadly situation they ask God to save them.

"There are no Athiests in foxholes"

They were saved by the skills of a very accomplished pilot and fast acting citizens who came to their rescue. If god had been there, he would have made sure there were no birds in the sky to cause the plane to fail in the first place. It was humanity that brought those passengers and crew to safety. If the atheists were "praying" at all, it was for the hope that the best of mankind would be at their service, which it was. I am sure many Christian passengers have prayed before a fatal plane crash, only to have their prayers fall on deaf ears. Prayer has a very poor success rate. The acts of human beings are what answers prayers. Yesterdays events prove there is alot of hope for the human race.

That's what's wrong with Christians, they think that god saves them from horrors such as this when they should be thinking, if he were truly a "god", and had all the powers of the universe, he would prevent it from happening in the first place. This story had a happy ending but there are horrors that happen every day that don't end so nice. Christians always justify god's absence in such events with lame excuses like "it was his will" or "it was their time" or the creme de la creme, "it was the enemy, Satan". I have been a nurse for more than 20 years and have seen more people praying than I care to count. It has about a 20% "success rate". I'd say god needs to improve his average. It's about the same as getting a winning lottery ticket.

You're a classic bigot Tooby.

You have no idea how different people meet their end, but you yap up your dog bullsh*t nonetheless. :huh:

:blink: STROONCE! :lol:

Everyone did their job, a pilot received well-earned accolades and everyone is alive and safe. This event is a reminder of what people can accomplish when they work together and use good judgment. I doubt that anyone bothered to ask the pilot or any of the ferry captains or any of the officers who quickly took control of a Circle Line boat about their religious beliefs.

Leave it to you to take a wonderful outcome like this and use it to divide people. You're living proof of why "under God" doesn't belong in the pledge and "in God we trust" doesn't belong on our money.

Guest Patriot
Leave it to you to take a wonderful outcome like this and use it to divide people. You're living proof of why "under God" doesn't belong in the pledge and "in God we trust" doesn't belong on our money.

Just trying to make the loony atheists see the error of their ways.

Amazing. We have a near-tragic event that has instead brought out the best in many people. It has shown that there is still a lot of good in humanity. Heroism and compassion from ordinary people. Complete strangers.

But what does Patriot see in that? An opportunity to express his bigotry. An opportunity to make unprovoked and unfounded remarks against a group of fellow Americans whom he hates. This from the same "Patriot" who regards others as "mean spirited" and "hateful" merely for suggesting that the government that represents us all should do just that, represent us all, not just people who share the same religious beliefs as he does. What a despicable display of hypocrisy.

You speak from raw bigotry and willful ignorance, Patriot. You know absolutely nothing about how atheists on that plane, or in any other life threatening situation, reacted. Yet you have formed a belief about it. A belief not informed by any knowledge, or by any desire to find truth, but founded entirely on your prejudices. The honest truth is that you know nothing about this. But you place no value on honesty, truth, or knowledge. Only belief.

Amazing. We have a near-tragic event that has instead brought out the best in many people. It has shown that there is still a lot of good in humanity. Heroism and compassion from ordinary people. Complete strangers.

But what does Patriot see in that? An opportunity to express his bigotry. An opportunity to make unprovoked and unfounded remarks against a group of fellow Americans whom he hates. This from the same "Patriot" who regards others as "mean spirited" and "hateful" merely for suggesting that the government that represents us all should do just that, represent us all, not just people who share the same religious beliefs as he does. What a despicable display of hypocrisy.

You speak from raw bigotry and willful ignorance, Patriot. You know absolutely nothing about how atheists on that plane, or in any other life threatening situation, reacted. Yet you have formed a belief about it. A belief not informed by any knowledge, or by any desire to find truth, but founded entirely on your prejudices. The honest truth is that you know nothing about this. But you place no value on honesty, truth, or knowledge. Only belief.

William, a new day dawns on Tuesday. Along with tens of millions of other Americans, I hope this week will mark the renewal of American citizenship. I plan to be a part of it.

Screw "Patriot" if he can't figure it out (figuratively speaking, of course). We have work to do. Let's talk about it right here. More important, let's get involved.

Guest Patriot

Well you see, NumbNuts, I draw my impression of atheists from a hateful, malicious and mean-spirited atheist wretch named Michael Newdow. I won't recite all the hateful things he's tried to do, I'm sure you're aware of most of them. I don't consider Newdow and those like him "fellow Americans".

Guest *Autonomous*
Well you see, NumbNuts, I draw my impression of atheists from a hateful, malicious and mean-spirited atheist wretch named Michael Newdow. I won't recite all the hateful things he's tried to do, I'm sure you're aware of most of them. I don't consider Newdow and those like him "fellow Americans".

So you pre-judge all atheists on the behaviour of one? Gee, I could swear there's a word for that.

Perhaps I'll start judging all Christians by the behaviour of Fred Phelps. No wait, I won't. Because that's stupid.

They were saved by a superb example of airmanship. Period!

IF as you seem to imply they were saved by God, WHY did God place them in that position to start with?

Sadisitic pleasure?

They were saved by a superb example of airmanship. Period!

IF as you seem to imply they were saved by God, WHY did God place them in that position to start with?

Sadisitic pleasure?

I believe God guided the pilot to a safe landing.

So you pre-judge all atheists on the behaviour of one? Gee, I could swear there's a word for that.

Perhaps I'll start judging all Christians by the behaviour of Fred Phelps. No wait, I won't. Because that's stupid.

I don't believe Patriot was being truthful about his motivation. Newdow is no Fred Phelps. All Newdow has done is stand up for his rights and those of other non-Christians. Racists in the 1950's and 1960's did not hate black people because of Martin Luther King. They hated Martin Luther King for standing up for the rights of black people, whom they already hated. I'm not accusing Patriot of racism, but I believe the comparison is not at all unfair. Patriot has displayed a degree of bigotry that is comparable to hood-wearing, cross-burning Klansmen. The target of Patriot's bigotry is different (liberals, humanists, atheists), but the spirit is the same.

William, a new day dawns on Tuesday. Along with tens of millions of other Americans, I hope this week will mark the renewal of American citizenship. I plan to be a part of it.

Screw "Patriot" if he can't figure it out (figuratively speaking, of course). We have work to do. Let's talk about it right here. More important, let's get involved.

Thank's Paul. It is a day to be thankful for. And a time to start moving forward.

That's right, as Obama uses the Bible that Abe used.

Guest Patriot

I'm beginning to like Obama, he put his hand on the bible and said the words "so help me God". And he referred to people like Paul "non-believers". I think that's an excellent definition of Paul, it sums up very concisely Paul's narrow-mindedness.

Guest Patriot

Yes, he used the bible Lincoln used, said tha words "so help me God" and referred to guys like Paul as "non-believers". I'm beginning to like Obama.

Yes, he used the bible Lincoln used, said tha words "so help me God" and referred to guys like Paul as "non-believers". I'm beginning to like Obama.

Well, we know he made no mention of you as nitwit was never mentioned.

I'm beginning to like Obama, he put his hand on the bible and said the words "so help me God". And he referred to people like Paul "non-believers". I think that's an excellent definition of Paul, it sums up very concisely Paul's narrow-mindedness.

I was happy that he acknowledged us. At least he recognizes that we are entitled to be acknowledged.

The term "non-believer" is unfortunate. It's a little like the term "darkie." No one is a non-believer. We all believe in something. We non-theists just don't believe in ancient stories about gods.

But that's OK. Progress is always slow. In his debates with Stephen Douglas, Abraham Lincoln "acknowledged" that "Negroes" would never be the white man's equal. People like me who don't believe that ancient stories should set the limits of knowledge have a just cause. Meanwhile, we're not in slavery or forced to avert our eyes and walk in the gutter whenever a Christian passes or forced to accept less money for the same work. As with President Obama, our time will come.

You see it as he "referred to guys like Paul as "non-believers".

I see it as he "included" non believers.