Christmas Evening Tire Slashing on Magnolia

concernedresident114

I wanted to vent about the teenagers that broke glass all over Magnolia Avenue and then proceeded to slash 15 cars tires all on one side of the block! I was visiting my parents and came out (the day after Christmas) to find my tire slashed. When I contacted the police, they said 15 other people on the block also filed reports. I think Kearny should look into the same cameras they have in East Newark on the traffic lights.

I saw many broken bottles all over Kearny during this break Holiday break for the kids of Kearny. It is a shame that the kids have so little to do that they resort to damaging other people's property.

Guest Charlie Brown
How do you know it was a teenager?

Good Point. I saw a pack of old ladies milling about Magnolia Avenue that night and they looked liked they were up to no good. Good Grief!

Guest wildbill

Things never change, I had a friend come home from college in 1982 for holiday, He slashed his tires and a few of his neighbors just to get four new tires from his Parents.

Good Point. I saw a pack of old ladies milling about Magnolia Avenue that night and they looked liked they were up to no good. Good Grief!

You gotta watch them. Remember Livia Soprano? A typical old lady. Very vicious when you're in their way. The older the more dangerous. Years and years of accumulated psychological warfare techniques (they seem so innocent, don't they?), cunning and experience.

The cars blocked their street crossing access paths. If you look, you can see that they have knives knives embedded in the legs of their walkers.

I saw them too, your momma was one of them.

Guest speedy

My reply is short and simple, if there was broken glass on the ground, didn't anyone hear it breaking? I live on a very quite street, like Magnolia, and I would definitly hear breaking glass. On occasion, we have groups of kids walking down the block making noise and it wakes me out of my sleep, I look out the window just to make sure they are not destroying any of my or my neighbors property. Too many people say" Oh someone else will call the police" that is not true,no one wants to get involved. We had a problem last year with people breaking side veiw car mirrors, many people called but to no avail, the criminals were gone. It pays to get up and look out no matter what type of noise you hear.

Guest *concernedresident114*
My reply is short and simple, if there was broken glass on the ground, didn't anyone hear it breaking? I live on a very quite street, like Magnolia, and I would definitly hear breaking glass. On occasion, we have groups of kids walking down the block making noise and it wakes me out of my sleep, I look out the window just to make sure they are not destroying any of my or my neighbors property. Too many people say" Oh someone else will call the police" that is not true,no one wants to get involved. We had a problem last year with people breaking side veiw car mirrors, many people called but to no avail, the criminals were gone. It pays to get up and look out no matter what type of noise you hear.

Finally there is an educated response. The main bottle that was broken was on the corner of Magnolia and Kearny, which is surrounded by businesses. So I didn't, nor did my neighbors hear the glass breaking. Obviously I would have called the cops. And why point the finger at teenagers? Well despite other intelligent comments. No old lady would make it up and down that entire hill and a cold Christmas evening. Also there have been many incidents with teenagers on this block and neighboring streets. Two brothers in particular have actually even been found guilty of many of the crimes. Both boys have recently been released.