Harrison Redevelopment

Guest Chris

The Jersey Journal reports today, "The town issued its first two condemnation notices soon after the New Year, for the GEO Specialty chemical company on First Avenue and Spiegel Trucking on Cape May Street"

What Geo Specialty chemical company and Spiegel Trucking should know is that all actions of the Harrison Redevelopment Board are illegal because the board members are employees of the Town (including Board of Education) which is against the state law which established the Board. This issue was not raised in the prior litigation. New litigants can raise it and win. If the Board's actions are invalidate by statute, no stealing properties from ongoing businesses. Read the stories on Applied and the indictments for corruption. Why do you think the Mayor and Pete are so interested in seeing these projects through? $$$ just like Bobby J.

Guest HARRISONIAN

The reason Harrison doesn't have a new school yet is because it doesn't line the pocket as well as the development. What is good about putting a development, with hundreds of new homes with no schools, but yet a MILLION DOLLAR snow melting machine? The development should have recreational parks and housing for our seniors from town. :lol:

Guest wouldn't tell

Come on, no one has gossip about the redevelopment. This Mayor and his team of close allies has worked so hard on this so they can make a quick buck and no one has gossip on THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THIS TOWN WILL SUFFER. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest come on
yeah , your right, the view was much nicer when callaghans was there.
COME ON, when was the last time you went to NYC? Battery Park and the walk way up the West Side Hwy? It's beautiful, all kinds of stops to play basketball, jog, all kinds of sports, it's beautiful. The town of Harrison has the same oppurtunity and they are going to put up Condo's. WOOOO WOOOOO.

Guest come on
its all about $$$$$ and no sense 
For who, the redevelopment committee? I thought the redevelopment was for the better of the town. When did that change?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest the observer (MUST READ)

http://theobserver.com

Plans to build a new $101 million stadium in Harrison are moving forward
Sakiewicz said that the formal application for 70 percent of the funding for the project, from the town of Harrison with the Hudson County Improvement Authority as an active agent, should take place later this month,  provided that the Harrison town council approves the application process
Hello, 70% of 101 million is 70 Million dollars to be paid by the town of HARRISON especially if this thing crumbles and the MLS goes out of business. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. CALL AND COMPLAIN:

Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

Councilman Villata .Unlisted

Councilman Pettigrew .(973) 350-9647

Councilman Kelly .(973) 483-1437

Councilman Dolaghan .Unlisted

Councilman Di Salvo .Unlisted

Councilman Doran .(973) 483-1619

Councilman Rodgers .(973) 268-9623

Councilwoman Mandaglio .Unlisted

The Harrison town council will act on the funding application on March 25.  Mayor Raymond McDonough and the Harrison Re-Development Authority will then presented it before the April 1 deadline.  
The other $71 million will come from a bond orchestrated by the Hudson County Improvement Authority, which will be repaid by property taxes and revenues stemming from commuter and public parking near the site.
INCASE YOUR PROPERTY TAXES WEREN'T HIGH ENOUGH... OH YEAH THE MAYOR DOESN'T PAY PROPERTY TAXES, WHAT DOES HE CARE??
“We also hope to have college and high school sporting events at the stadium as well,” Sakiewicz said.
They are relying on hopes and dreams. What is this a practical joke???? Hello? Is anyone out there?? Does anyone but Tom Powell have an opinion on this??? I think it's time you tell as many people as you can about this site, www.kearnyontheweb.com, so we can educate our selves on the truth and try to stop a huge mistake.!
Sakiewicz said that the 135 acres that will include the stadium and the parking deck are part of the area designated as a redevelopment zone by the town of Harrison, so that eliminates any problems with eminent domain issues.
And that means if you thought you owned the property you don't, because the MAYOR split 1/3 of this town and gave it to three developers to do what ever they wish pretty much. And their is no fool play.. (thats for you ha ha).

But honestly, what about the traffic 20,000 people are going to bring to Harrison?? That should be worked on first. The Redevelopment people talk about a new bridge to newark (so the dirt can come over easier) and a new ramp for 280. Neither of these projects are going to happen. They are both state funded when the state is in one of it's worst debts. People don't be fooled call and complain. Make a difference...Tell all your friends about this site too.

Guest the observer (MUST READ)

Just to remind you that all the above quotes came from this past week Observer. Please does this make sence to you? Unless I'm a partner with the Metrostars I don't think my property taxes should pay for the stadium..

Wow, that was a strong post. I think my property taxes are high enough. It was in last weeks paper. Exactly how it's quoted. I don't know if this is a good Idea. I was all for the Metrostars, but now that I have seen or read what can happen. I just Don't know?

Guest What do you know

What do you mean our taxes would go up? They have already more than doubled since the plumber took over. I think redevelopment is a great idea.

So what we will be more than 50 million in debt, we will own a really cool stadium.

And I can't wait to see the condo's go up near the river, knock down all the businesses and our good restaurant for the condos. That’s a Great idea.

Why don't we also build our own airport, and how about the largest mall in the country, O, how about we build the Disney world of the North. So many possibilities for us to make some extra pocket cash.

Guest Guest

You think your having problems now at the HPD. Wait till the redevelopment happens. You think the y would have discussed it already, No way. They are going to put this stadium which all we need is 20,000 more drunk spics in this town. Like we don't have enough problems with these ignorant spics already. What do you think we'll just get over time? or are they going to hire more cops? What are we keeping this same police station? This council has gone to $hit every single last one of them. You ask them whats going on and it's all gonna be beautiful. THAT"S BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE MAYOR IS TELLING YOU! Grow a set of balls. what do you owe everything to him.. HE GOT YOU A JOB. SO WHAT IF IT WASN'T YOU IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE ELSE WHO WOULD HAVE THAT JOB.. You don't owe him your sole. Show me the truth, because it looks like the truth is that THIS METROSTARS STADIUM AND THIS REDEVELOPMENT IS GOING TO KILL HARRISON. SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THIS MAYOR. I DEMAND OR CHALLENGE ONE OF THE COUNCIL TO SHOW ME THAT THEY ARE REALLY OUT FOR THE BEST OF HARRISON. STAND UP TO THE MAYOR.

Guest Piglet
You think your having problems now at the HPD. Wait till the redevelopment happens. You think the y would have discussed it already, No way. They are going to put this stadium which all we need is 20,000 more drunk spics in this town. Like we don't have enough problems with these ignorant spics already. What do you think we'll just get over time? or are they going to hire more cops? What are we keeping this same police station? This council has gone to $hit every single last one of them. You ask them whats going on and it's all gonna be beautiful. THAT"S BECAUSE THATS WHAT THE MAYOR IS TELLING YOU! Grow a set of balls. what do you owe everything to him.. HE GOT YOU A JOB. SO WHAT IF IT WASN'T YOU IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE ELSE WHO WOULD HAVE THAT JOB.. You don't owe him your sole. Show me the truth, because it looks like the truth is that THIS METROSTARS STADIUM AND THIS REDEVELOPMENT IS GOING TO KILL HARRISON. SOMEONE HAS TO STOP THIS MAYOR. I DEMAND OR CHALLENGE ONE OF THE COUNCIL TO SHOW ME THAT THEY ARE REALLY OUT FOR THE BEST OF HARRISON. STAND UP TO THE MAYOR.

You make some good points but, leave any race out of it, there is good and bad in all of us.

I should know I'm a Harrison Police Officer.............

Guest County Employee

Ask the HCIA where these so called bonds are going to be floated from for our unbelievable Metro Stadium?

They will not, due to the fact that they are currently strapped, or just call Tom DeGises office to figure this out? He happens to be our County Ex....

Gotta love our Brownfields Experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
They will not, due to the fact that they are currently strapped, or just call Tom DeGises office to figure this out? He happens to be our County Ex....

Give me the numbers buddy

Archived