Town of Kearny Website

Dinisc

To Link or Not to Link:That is the Question  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kearny's Official Town Website Link to KOTW?

• Yes
    • No

I’m responsible for running the town website, www.kearnynj.org, and would like to know if anyone has any questions or suggestions on improving the site and/or if you see any errors on the site itself please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Place a link to KOTW to the Links Section.

Good start. I suggest putting budget information online and posting messages from the Mayor and Council on current issues pertaining to town government.

We already do, in the front page you’ll see an icon for mayor and council minutes in these minutes you can find the Agenda that go over the town meetings. Also you look in the calendar for current meeting schedules, holidays or other events. As for the budgets you can look under Departments & division Directory, go to Finance Department and under featured links is the current budget. The direct link is here http://www.kearnynj.org/Department.asp?DeptID=1

We already do, in the front page you’ll see an icon for mayor and council minutes in these minutes you can find the Agenda that go over the town meetings. Also you look in the calendar for current meeting schedules, holidays or other events. As for the budgets you can look under Departments & division Directory, go to Finance Department and under featured links is the current budget. The direct link is here http://www.kearnynj.org/Department.asp?DeptID=1

What about linking KOTW? What happened to that request?

I’m responsible for running the town website, www.kearnynj.org, and would like to know if anyone has any questions or suggestions on improving the site and/or if you see any errors on the site itself please let me know.

I checked out your calendar to try to get info for tomorrow's show & Santa, but it was never updated

i went on the town's website and still no link to KOTW. What's the delay. Seems like a simple request on my part. I'd like to get to KOTW from Kearny's website. When can I expect that the link will be done?

i went on the town's website and still no link to KOTW. What's the delay. Seems like a simple request on my part. I'd like to get to KOTW from Kearny's website. When can I expect that the link will be done?

That's silly. Why should YOU expect that? Is it too difficult for you to get to KOTW otherwise?

If they put KOTW in, you will see every other business demanding the same.

Does the town website show the schedule for when the council meetings will be televised?

The information I got is that Comcast is the only one that televises the council meeting. Comcast has a website with a tv guide, but I don’t think they list the public access programming. I have seen it on Mondays nights usually at 7 or 8 but I have no control or listings on their schedule. If you are interested in what was discussed at the meeting you can look at the minutes, I recently put an icon on the front of the website that links the minutes, the icon is called “Mayor & Council Minutes”

That's silly. Why should YOU expect that? Is it too difficult for you to get to KOTW otherwise?

If they put KOTW in, you will see every other business demanding the same.

So shouldn't the town website link to town businesses?

If KOTW isn't important enough to be linked on the Kearny town website, why is the town website's webmaster posting on KOTW soliciting improvements to the site.

So, Town Tec, can you answer the question: Are you going to link to KOTW or aren't you? Yes or No.

Guest ALincoln

You should put a Link to Show How much Money The so called Wonderful BA , Mr J D'Arco costs the Taxpayers of this Town... and also how many Grievances and Lawsuits he has Caused , along with the amount of Lawyers on the Town payroll. sorry you will get fired if you do that.

Wake up People go to town meetings and ask these proper questions... you may save in the long run.

So shouldn't the town website link to town businesses?

If KOTW isn't important enough to be linked on the Kearny town website, why is the town website's webmaster posting on KOTW soliciting improvements to the site.

So, Town Tec, can you answer the question: Are you going to link to KOTW or aren't you? Yes or No.

So is it Yes or No.

No Answer since December 17, 2008.

So is it Yes or No.

No Answer since December 17, 2008.

I guess Mayor Santos who controls the site has told the town tech that he should stop posting on KOTW and for sure that he dare not place a link on the town's website to KOTW. KOTW has posted some anti-Santos posts and the mayor does not like those posts. Clearly, the town tech's silence says it all.

Show & Santa, is that a town sponsored event?

Yes, it was sponsored by the Recreation Department and there was no info about it on your web site. It was and always is a great event!

• 2 weeks later...
I guess Mayor Santos who controls the site has told the town tech that he should stop posting on KOTW and for sure that he dare not place a link on the town's website to KOTW. KOTW has posted some anti-Santos posts and the mayor does not like those posts. Clearly, the town tech's silence says it all.

12 days later and still no response from the town tech. Mayor Santos has told the town tech who is in charge in the Santos administration. Dictator Santos does not want any links on the Kearny town website especially a link to KOTW which allows the truth to be published and isn't controlled by him.

So town tech, have you handed in your dignity for a pay check?

12 days later and still no response from the town tech. Mayor Santos has told the town tech who is in charge in the Santos administration. Dictator Santos does not want any links on the Kearny town website especially a link to KOTW which allows the truth to be published and isn't controlled by him.

So town tech, have you handed in your dignity for a pay check?

Wow. Dictator Santos, all I wanted to do was to help make the website better. The KOTW shouldn’t be in the town website, anyone can say anything here good or bad though mostly bad. The town web site is a place where one can get information about the town and should put a positive light on the town. In the KOTW anyone can say anything without any fact check. I posted an article about my friend / coworker that died and underneath my post it still say’s “Reason for edit: KOTW Note: The above information has not been confirmed. “ It was posted in the Observer and anyone can call the town itself to get it verified yet it still has the statement. If companies really believe half the stuff they post in here no one will ever want to come to Kearny let alone live here. My job is to help the town and employees, do you think it would be wise to post a website were anyone can say anything without any fact checking. There one article here in the forum about the town getting sue for 25 million dollars, but for some reason it miss all the papers.

KOTW link is posted in the library website because the library is for community discussion good or bad. As for the remark about “have you handed in your dignity for a pay check”, I put my neck out to help his town and since there only one tec in town I’m easy to find isn’t that having dignity?