Public Safety Director

Guest Stash

The Department of Community Affairs, who gave Harrison over $6 million to balance their budget, has issued a report that the Police Chief be replaced by a Public Safety Director. Does this include the Fire Chief too?

If so, who is the person in line to be Public Safety Director. Rumor has it that it is a former Fire Chief who lives in Harrison. :ph34r:

The Department of Community Affairs, who gave Harrison over $6 million to balance their budget, has issued a report that the Police Chief be replaced by a Public Safety Director. Does this include the Fire Chief too?

If so, who is the person in line to be Public Safety Director. Rumor has it that it is a former Fire Chief who lives in Harrison. :ph34r:

No, the most qualified: Ronnie *** *** ****

The Police Chief being replaced would be the best move that Mayor McDonough could make. If the Town wants to match its new image as a future model community, Red Bulls Arena and a total redevelopment project, then a 'Professional' Public Safety Director must be brought in as soon as possible! With a crime rate through the roof and constant denials from the Police Chief (pathetic observer artical) the situation can not be in the hands of a amatuer. I would like to know what happens when there is 25,000 people at the stadium and something goes wrong, will the Chief run to the Observer and deny it and say that the Harrison Gardens was a great place to grow up in. The Chief can't handle the crime in town at this time (and all we have is small homes and businesses) can you imagine how it will be when this beautiful, near billion dollar project is complete. A professional common sense change must be made now! "If you see it, report it" thats his moto, Right? How about getting his men to see something and do something about it! Oh forget that, all he cares about is what a great job the Detective Bureau is doing??????????(what a crock) he stated that in the observer artical. (never mentioned his officers)

No, the most qualified: Ronnie *** *** ****

He should be the first to go. Don't know what he has on the Mayor....well I do but the people of Harrison shouldn't have to pay the price. Convicted Felon??? What is the problem? he should have never been hired. Threat or no threat.

If so, who is the person in line to be Public Safety Director. Rumor has it that it is a former Fire Chief who lives in Harrison. :angry:

In order to be the Director of Law and Public Safety, one must have a college degree, and a certification from the State of New Jersey, the person you are rumoring about has neither. We do have several residents that have both.

The director of Law & Public Safety is usually a person with police experience. Firemen have no experience with the law as the title indicates. It would be like naming aTown Attorney who is not a lawyer.

However such political appointments have been made in Harrison in the past. Giving big money jobs to people who are unqualified. I think everyone can think of several examples.

The Police Chief being replaced would be the best move that Mayor McDonough could make. If the Town wants to match its new image as a future model community, Red Bulls Arena and a total redevelopment project, then a 'Professional' Public Safety Director must be brought in as soon as possible! With a crime rate through the roof and constant denials from the Police Chief (pathetic observer artical) the situation can not be in the hands of a amatuer. I would like to know what happens when there is 25,000 people at the stadium and something goes wrong, will the Chief run to the Observer and deny it and say that the Harrison Gardens was a great place to grow up in. The Chief can't handle the crime in town at this time (and all we have is small homes and businesses) can you imagine how it will be when this beautiful, near billion dollar project is complete. A professional common sense change must be made now! "If you see it, report it" thats his moto, Right? How about getting his men to see something and do something about it! Oh forget that, all he cares about is what a great job the Detective Bureau is doing??????????(what a crock) he stated that in the observer artical. (never mentioned his officers)

I guess the Chief wasn't playing the game that Ray and Ronnie thought he would. Now, they come up with a bogus report to demote him and the Deputy Chief. Oh well, they both made deals to get their jobs without a test and now they will be going back to Captain. Maybe you can get the NJ Chiefs to come to Harrison and tell Ray and Ronnie the benefits of keeping a Police Chief. :angry::blink::angry:

I guess the Chief wasn't playing the game that Ray and Ronnie thought he would. Now, they come up with a bogus report to demote him and the Deputy Chief. Oh well, they both made deals to get their jobs without a test and now they will be going back to Captain. Maybe you can get the NJ Chiefs to come to Harrison and tell Ray and Ronnie the benefits of keeping a Police Chief. :o:blink::angry:

Harrison should retain the Police Chief. A Public Safety Director would only be a political flunkie who answers to the politicians.

Guest *ExBlueTider*
I guess the Chief wasn't playing the game that Ray and Ronnie thought he would. Now, they come up with a bogus report to demote him and the Deputy Chief. Oh well, they both made deals to get their jobs without a test and now they will be going back to Captain. Maybe you can get the NJ Chiefs to come to Harrison and tell Ray and Ronnie the benefits of keeping a Police Chief. :o:blink::angry:

Ronnie?? Please tell me he has no more influence with the mayor than the pizza delivery kid.

a police director cannot run the police department, its against NJ Law....all a police director can do is basically deal with the money side of the PD. He cannot influence the day to day operations of the police department.

a police director cannot run the police department, its against NJ Law....all a police director can do is basically deal with the money side of the PD. He cannot influence the day to day operations of the police department.

You are correct. The Police Director can only set policy. The day to day operations would be directed by the Officer in Charge of the PD. It could be a Captain. They could appoint a Director and then demote the Chief and Deputy Chief to Captain. One of them would be designated the OFFicer in Charge. The Police Director could set policy that only 3 Officer would be assigned to the Detective Bureau, but could not dictate who they were. He could also set policy that there would be a walking patrol etc.

I guess the Chief wasn't playing the game that Ray and Ronnie thought he would. Now, they come up with a bogus report to demote him and the Deputy Chief. Oh well, they both made deals to get their jobs without a test and now they will be going back to Captain. Maybe you can get the NJ Chiefs to come to Harrison and tell Ray and Ronnie the benefits of keeping a Police Chief. :unsure::blink::angry:

Side question here: Where the hell is Doran in all of this??? I mean, he's the Police Director. Have things become so disassembled under his tenure? Why are we talking about Ronnie C. rather than about Jimmy D? I just don't get it.

Want to bet?? Ask the Cat man!

Side question here: Where the hell is Doran in all of this??? I mean, he's the Police Director. Have things become so disassembled under his tenure? Why are we talking about Ronnie C. rather than about Jimmy D? I just don't get it.

Because Ronnie is the Mayor!! He is the BIG SHOT that makes the decisions. Doran is probably hiding somewhere shaking in his boots....they are all a bunch of feathers!!! Nobody will stand up to the Bully! Why do you think Harrison is in the toilet??????

Because Ronnie is the Mayor!! He is the BIG SHOT that makes the decisions. Doran is probably hiding somewhere shaking in his boots....they are all a bunch of feathers!!! Nobody will stand up to the Bully! Why do you think Harrison is in the toilet??????

Ronnie doesn't have the ****** ** * ******, how did he become as you say a "BIG SHOT" ??

Ronnie doesn't have the ****** ** * ******, how did he become as you say a "BIG SHOT" ??

He is the Mayor, as I say BADDA BING! Why do you think the town is in the dumper? I have lived in Harrison all my life and have never heard of anyone getting layed off, now the layoffs are coming...don't be spending all your money on Christmas you may need it to eat after the new year. That is no lie!

Everyone forgets that the Fire Chief is a former cop....and also has a degree...in criminal justice.

His heart has always been with the police department. Soooo...if you think things are a mess there now, just wait until the micro manager moves to the town hall

He's a shoe-in for the job...more power and more money !

Everyone forgets that the Fire Chief is a former cop....and also has a degree...in criminal justice.

His heart has always been with the police department. Soooo...if you think things are a mess there now, just wait until the micro manager moves to the town hall

I think that would be a bad move. It would only cause resentment with the PD. If the Town is going to appoint a Public Safety Director, they should advertise for one and select the most qualified. The Police and Fire Chief would have the option to retire or be denoted to a lower rank.

I know someone with a BA and MS in Criminal Justice that would be interested. :rolleyes:

You know nothing about the real politics in Harrison. To claim that "Ronnie is the Mayor" bespeaks of your ignorance.

No, my friend, Doran's silence indicates to me that he's up to something. The Tavern Talk seems to thinks so too. We'll see.

They have advertised. There is one letter/application and it is taped to the fire chiefs refridgerator door so he cannot miss it. There is no way this guy misses *****l. IMO.

I think that would be a bad move. It would only cause resentment with the PD. If the Town is going to appoint a Public Safety Director, they should advertise for one and select the most qualified. The Police and Fire Chief would have the option to retire or be denoted to a lower rank.

I know someone with a BA and MS in Criminal Justice that would be interested. :rolleyes:

Well tell the person to bring his resume to the town hall. I'm sure they'll give it the proper consideration ( LOL )

You know nothing about the real politics in Harrison. To claim that "Ronnie is the Mayor" bespeaks of your ignorance.

No, my friend, Doran's silence indicates to me that he's up to something. The Tavern Talk seems to thinks so too. We'll see.

I guess the truth hurts huh!!! Not used to hearing that in this town are you?

Nobody in this town cares more for the town and it's people than TK, and I'm only a good friend, not a family member of his. I've known him for years, name one person in this town who is more caring then him or his wife.