Dumbest People?

Guest Guest

NJ has the highest property taxes nationwide, highest car insurance rates, gas taxes, etc. Yet every election we keep putting tax and spend Democrats back in office. McCain promised a budget freeze except for essential services, Obama promised almost a trillion dollars in new government spending. For those of us that dread getting their tax bills in the mail this would seem to be a no-brainer. Yet most New Jerseyans opted for the trillion dollars of new government spending and higher income taxes.

In the next 4 (or 8) years, when the residents of Kearny get their tax bills and start screaming for the mayor's recall, I hope you all remember who you voted for. I will and I'll remind you all.

In the words of the immortal Forrest Gump, Stupid is as Stupid does.

NJ has the highest property taxes nationwide, highest car insurance rates, gas taxes, etc. Yet every election we keep putting tax and spend Democrats back in office. McCain promised a budget freeze except for essential services, Obama promised almost a trillion dollars in new government spending. For those of us that dread getting their tax bills in the mail this would seem to be a no-brainer. Yet most New Jerseyans opted for the trillion dollars of new government spending and higher income taxes.

In the next 4 (or 8) years, when the residents of Kearny get their tax bills and start screaming for the mayor's recall, I hope you all remember who you voted for. I will and I'll remind you all.

I don't think it's a coincidence that NJ, NY and CT are #1,2 and 3 nationwide in highest property taxes and cost of living, and all three states are solidly Democratic.

Has it occurred to you that if New Jersey also has the highest car insurance rates, there may be reasons for relatively high tax rates that have nothing to do with political ideology. Just because you're paying taxes doesn't mean you're worse off. You have to ask where you'd be without them, and without all you get from them, like roads, schools, police, firefighters, etc. Of course you're paying more for those services than people in rural Wyoming.

Think for a change, especially if you're going to call other people stupid.

I don't think it's a coincidence that NJ, NY and CT are #1,2 and 3 nationwide in highest property taxes and cost of living, and all three states are solidly Democratic.

These three states also have among the highest rates in income, literacy, college education, life expectancy, etc. You're right, it's not a coincidence, but you're not looking at the whole picture. Those taxes buy you things, and you can't expect to live here and not pay them. If you don't like it, move to Wyoming.

Think for a change.

Just a few statistics:

Life expectancies, by state: http://www.census.gov/population/projections/MethTab2.xls

The value of a college education or greater: http://www.statefarm.com/mutual/sc/invest_...vestforlife.asp

Note the word “investment.”

Here’s a great resource for comparing the states on just about everything:

http://www.statemaster.com/index.php

Here’s a statistical comparison of toothless residents by state. The first seven, and 14 of the first sixteen, all voted for McCain. Of the 24 states whose residents are least likely to become toothless, twenty voted for Obama. Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/hea_ora_h...s-natural-teeth

Before you call other people stupid . . .

Think!

Oh, and you might want to check your teeth. :huh:

Yes, John McCain was really interested in fixing your tax problems.... THE MAN WANTED TO TAX HEALTH CARE BENEFITS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY. In the words of me, "Stupid is as Fox News does". Did that make sense? Who cares? Let's drop it. You guys can all start complaining and saying your what-ifs come January 20th.

Has it occurred to you that if New Jersey also has the highest car insurance rates, there may be reasons for relatively high tax rates that have nothing to do with political ideology. Just because you're paying taxes doesn't mean you're worse off. You have to ask where you'd be without them, and without all you get from them, like roads, schools, police, firefighters, etc. Of course you're paying more for those services than people in rural Wyoming.

Think for a change, especially if you're going to call other people stupid.

You're so typical of the brainwashed democrats. My brother lives in Wilmington, NC., a beautiful coastal city. He has police, a paid FD, good schools, city water, garbage pickup, etc. He has a beautiful home on a large lot and his property taxes are $2,400. a year. The problem with you is you don't have a clue about the world beyond Kearny, NJ, you just assume everyone's paying $12,000 or more in taxes for a house on a 35' x 90' lot. But don't worry, Obama's going to take good care of you.

These three states also have among the highest rates in income, literacy, college education, life expectancy, etc. You're right, it's not a coincidence, but you're not looking at the whole picture. Those taxes buy you things, and you can't expect to live here and not pay them. If you don't like it, move to Wyoming.

Think for a change.

Household income, true. The rest is false.

Guest Superman

The dumbest people are those who advertise their email or web site on the internet asking for opinions and when they are confronted about their criminal activities the site holder or email account holder wants to file harassment complaints against those who want to expose their fraud. You can't make it up

You're so typical of the brainwashed democrats. My brother lives in Wilmington, NC., a beautiful coastal city. He has police, a paid FD, good schools, city water, garbage pickup, etc. He has a beautiful home on a large lot and his property taxes are $2,400. a year. The problem with you is you don't have a clue about the world beyond Kearny, NJ, you just assume everyone's paying $12,000 or more in taxes for a house on a 35' x 90' lot. But don't worry, Obama's going to take good care of you.

And you're so typical of brainwashed, know-nothing Republicans. You take one fact, your brother's annual property tax, and assume everything else is equal. If Wilmington so far surpasses Kearny as you imply, then why aren't you living there? Some people like beautiful coastal cities, but others take Manhattan.

Cite all the valid and relevant comparisons, then we'll talk. What is the value of your brother's home, and what is the value of a comparable home here; or take two homes of equal assessed value, one here and one there, and compare the taxes for each. Then find out things like: What do services cost in Wilmington and what do they cost here? What are the taxes going for there and here?

Line up all the relevant statistical factors, then you'll have a valid basis for comparison. You can't just make up a comparison, but that's all you've done.

Or, if you think taxes are too high here, tell us where they should be cut. There have been plenty of discussions on KOTW about that, but somehow no one, Democrat, Republican, independent or other, can ever come up with any way to make significant savings.

You think you know, but you don't. Typical know-nothing Republican.

Household income, true. The rest is false.

Not true.

College education (percentage of people who have completed a bachelor’s degree, by state): Connecticut # 4, New Jersey # 6, New York # 11. The top 15 states all went for Obama. 10 of the bottom 12 went for McCain. http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_per_o...chelor-s-degree

Literacy (percentage of students above grade 4 reading): Connecticut # 8 (71%), New York 14 (69%), New Jersey # 19 (68%). Numbers 4 through 21 are in the 68% to 72% range. The highest is Massachusetts, with 78%. The lowest is the District of Columbia with 33%. Of the bottom fourteen states (range 48% to 61%), ten went for McCain.

Life expectancy: As of 2006, New York ranks 19th (77.7 years). New Jersey ranks 23rd (77.5 years). Connecticut ranks 4th (78.7 years). Number 1 is Hawaii (80.0 years). Number 50 is Mississippi (73.6 years).

http://greeneconomics.blogspot.com/2006/09...lection-or.html

Guest 2smart4u
And you're so typical of brainwashed, know-nothing Republicans. You take one fact, your brother's annual property tax, and assume everything else is equal. If Wilmington so far surpasses Kearny as you imply, then why aren't you living there? Some people like beautiful coastal cities, but others take Manhattan.

Cite all the valid and relevant comparisons, then we'll talk. What is the value of your brother's home, and what is the value of a comparable home here; or take two homes of equal assessed value, one here and one there, and compare the taxes for each. Then find out things like: What do services cost in Wilmington and what do they cost here? What are the taxes going for there and here?

Line up all the relevant statistical factors, then you'll have a valid basis for comparison. You can't just make up a comparison, but that's all you've done.

Or, if you think taxes are too high here, tell us where they should be cut. There have been plenty of discussions on KOTW about that, but somehow no one, Democrat, Republican, independent or other, can ever come up with any way to make significant savings.

You think you know, but you don't. Typical know-nothing Republican.

Since when is Manhattan not a coastal city? Was it moved inland? Typical know-nothing Kool-Aider.

Guest Dr Phil
Just a few statistics:

Life expectancies, by state: http://www.census.gov/population/projections/MethTab2.xls

The value of a college education or greater: http://www.statefarm.com/mutual/sc/invest_...vestforlife.asp

Note the word “investment.”

Here’s a great resource for comparing the states on just about everything:

http://www.statemaster.com/index.php

Here’s a statistical comparison of toothless residents by state. The first seven, and 14 of the first sixteen, all voted for McCain. Of the 24 states whose residents are least likely to become toothless, twenty voted for Obama. Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/hea_ora_h...s-natural-teeth

Before you call other people stupid . . .

Think!

Oh, and you might want to check your teeth. :huh:

Boy -

What a relief.

I am glad to see we are in the top 20 for AIDS ,Chlamydia, Drinking, Suicide and VD.

How are your teeth?

Bite this!!!

Since when is Manhattan not a coastal city? Was it moved inland? Typical know-nothing Kool-Aider.

People don't live in Manhattan because it's a beautiful coastal city. In fact, it's not. It has two rivers and a bay. Calling it a coast is like calling you smart.

Ah yes, the glistening sandy beaches of the East River. On a good day, some people say, you can see all the way to Brooklyn.

People don't live in Manhattan because it's a beautiful coastal city. In fact, it's not. It has two rivers and a bay. Calling it a coast is like calling you smart.

I don't usually agree with 2smart4u but are you demented fools actually denying the Huson River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. I know schools don't put an emphasis on geography anymore but your argument is just stupid.

I don't usually agree with 2smart4u but are you demented fools actually denying the Huson River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. I know schools don't put an emphasis on geography anymore but your argument is just stupid.

The Mississippi River flows into the Gulf of Mexico after it passes St. Louis. That doesn't make St. Louis a Gulf coastal city.

The Hudson River flows by Poughkeepsie, too. Does that make Poughkeepsie a beautiful coastal city? Visit there first if you have the slightest inclination to say yes.

I think you should be very careful about calling other people stupid.

The Mississippi River flows into the Gulf of Mexico after it passes St. Louis. That doesn't make St. Louis a Gulf coastal city.

The Hudson River flows by Poughkeepsie, too. Does that make Poughkeepsie a beautiful coastal city? Visit there first if you have the slightest inclination to say yes.

Isn't Queens part of NYC? If i am not mistaken... it is on the coast...

OK, you still don't understand. The lower tip of Manhattan is on the Atlantic Ocean, check a map. And you are very stupid.

OK, you still don't understand. The lower tip of Manhattan is on the Atlantic Ocean, check a map. And you are very stupid.

You check it, Dumbo. The tip of Manhattan fronts on the Upper New York Bay.

Be very careful about calling other people stupid, especially when they're smarter than you are.

The Hudson River flows into Upper New York Bay.

You really should be more cautious about calling people stupid.

Isn't Queens part of NYC? If i am not mistaken... it is on the coast...

Wrong. Queens fronts on a river to the north, a river to the west, Brooklyn to the south and Nassau County to the east.

Where exactly do you think the Queens coastline is?

Guest Adm. Brackish

where is the ocean? can't quite see it from the fdr.

did you really see it on a map? i thought it was the upper ny bay.

i'm told that if you keep going under the verranzano bridge you'll hit the atlantic ocean.

while it is true that this area is "coastal" - i think that the original posting was referring to a sandy shore/ beach like setting with the appropriate props that go with that.

so take a big girl pill and stop being such a huge phallus.

really, why do i waste my time? oh yeah, i love the attention.