Obama and NJ US attorney

Guest Loki

Well, I knew that McCain wasn't going to win, but I held out hope. Congratulations to President elect Obama and all his supporters.

Now, for my new hope. Any chance he leaves Chris Christie as the US Attorney for NJ. I know he has the right to select anyone he wants, and it most likely won't happen, but Christie is the only one who has even tried to clean up the cesspool that is Trenton politics. Regardless of party he has consistently tried to weed out the bad apples in the State house.

Serious responses only please.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I knew that McCain wasn't going to win, but I held out hope. Congratulations to President elect Obama and all his supporters.

Now, for my new hope. Any chance he leaves Chris Christie as the US Attorney for NJ. I know he has the right to select anyone he wants, and it most likely won't happen, but Christie is the only one who has even tried to clean up the cesspool that is Trenton politics. Regardless of party he has consistently tried to weed out the bad apples in the State house.

Serious responses only please.

A-USA Cristie tendered his resignation today, effective 1 December. Corrupt Politicians will be jumping for joy as of that date.

Guest Corrupt Christie

Christie handed 52 MILLION dollar no bid contract to his former law firm. He's as bad as anyone he prosecuted. Try again, let this Fat Cat go back to trial lawyering.[/size]

Christie handed 52 MILLION dollar no bid contract to his former law firm. He's as bad as anyone he prosecuted. Try again, let this Fat Cat go back to trial lawyering.[/size]

Isn't he running for gov.

Kool-Aid alert!!

130 CONVICTIONS ZERO AQUITTALS Never been an record like it when it comes to corruption cases, and that included Republicans, so even the Scumbag Leftists cant say that he only went after them.

Guest Of course

130 CONVICTIONS ZERO AQUITTALS Never been an record like it when it comes to corruption cases, and that included Republicans, so even the Scumbag Leftists cant say that he only went after them.

No, but the putrid repubs have another loser candidate that can't win, he's as corrupt as those he prosecuted. Even Corzine polls better than Christie.

Guest *Guest*

We will be going through some very difficult economic times. If you have a job, expect that there will be a good chance you will lose it. If you have a pension, expect a decent chance your pension fund will run out of money due to bad investments (the whole market) or the company that feeds it will no longer be able to.

Instead of vilifying your fellow Americans, I suggest you work with them to get us out of this mess.

A house divided will fall.

We will be going through some very difficult economic times. If you have a job, expect that there will be a good chance you will lose it. If you have a pension, expect a decent chance your pension fund will run out of money due to bad investments (the whole market) or the company that feeds it will no longer be able to.

Instead of vilifying your fellow Americans, I suggest you work with them to get us out of this mess.

And so, it starts

After Losses, Pensions Ask For a Change

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/business...ml?ref=business

The total value of company pension funds is thought to have fallen by more than $250 billion since last winter. With cash now in short supply for companies, they are asking Congress to excuse them from having to replenish the required amounts.

. . .

Late Wednesday, several senators announced that they had reached agreement on a bill that would provide pension relief. Even if it is not completed this week, some Congressional leaders say they will seek support for a pension relief bill in January.

. . .

The risk of giving companies a break on their required contributions is that some troubled companies may go bankrupt anyway, and the federal government will have to take over their ailing plans. Though the government insures traditional pensions, its insurance is limited. And when it takes over a plan, people can lose benefits.

Pension relief for companies would also expose the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation to greater risk. The federal guarantor is already operating at a deficit.

So let me get this straight.. Times are tough, the economy is bad..so let's just let Corruption Lie?????

Guest *Guest*
So let me get this straight.. Times are tough, the economy is bad..so let's just let Corruption Lie?????

You misunderstood me. I didn't say let corruption lie.

I meant that we should work together to resolve these problems. Calling Americans who disagree with your politics sc* leftists does not help.

Right now our economy is collapsing. It will be extremely difficult combating corruption, terrorism or maintaining a strong, effective and technologically advanced military when your economy has collapsed.

The Russians learned that very well in the 80's.

Just because we've grown accustomed to corruption in Trenton; there is NO reason we should have to accept it.