Interesting Item

Guest Top Cop

Guest Top Cop

A retired FBI agent was interviewed yesterday on the subject of Obama's background. The agent said that with Obama's shady background (Wright, Rezko, Ayres, the PLO guy (I forget his name), Obama would be rejected if he applied for a job with the FBI, CIA, or NSA. Here's a guy we wouldn't entrust with national security information yet he can be President and have oversight over our security organizations. Everyone should consider this before they vote for Obama. (Add to this his illegal alien Aunt that he may have been harboring in Boston).

A retired FBI agent was interviewed yesterday on the subject of Obama's background. The agent said that with Obama's shady background (Wright, Rezko, Ayres, the PLO guy (I forget his name), Obama would be rejected if he applied for a job with the FBI, CIA, or NSA. Here's a guy we wouldn't entrust with national security information yet he can be President and have oversight over our security organizations. Everyone should consider this before they vote for Obama. (Add to this his illegal alien Aunt that he may have been harboring in Boston).

The closer we get to the election, the more outrageous the right wing becomes. They'll stop at nothing. No lie will go unspoken.

I would prefer a calmer and more deliberative election. These buffoons make it impossible, and it's fed straight from the top of the ticket all the way down.

The Republican party has become a party of slash-and-burn extremists. They must be defeated.

If he were just an "average Joe", I would be very surprised if he could pass a background check. In fact, if he were just an "average Joe" and his associations were made known through said background check, I wouldn't be surprised if he, himself, as an "average Joe", would be under investigation!

As for his aunt: No, let's not bother deporting an ILLEGAL immigrant, who has been here illegally for 4 years. Instead, let's get the Feds to investigate the leak about the aunt's illegal status. Does this not boggle anyone else's mind????

Ho hum. I've only heard this over twenty times the last two weeks.

I'm more worried about McCain and his close association with and professed admiration of the convicted felon and wannabee terrorist G Gordon Liddy:

Liddy served four and a half years in prison in connection with his conviction for his role in the Watergate break-in and the break-in at the office of the psychiatrist of Daniel Ellsberg, the military analyst who leaked the Pentagon Papers. Liddy has acknowledged preparing to kill someone during the Ellsberg break-in “if necessary”; plotting to murder journalist Jack Anderson; plotting with a “gangland figure” to murder Howard Hunt to stop him from cooperating with investigators; plotting to firebomb the Brookings Institution; and plotting to kidnap “leftist guerillas” at the 1972 Republican National Convention — a plan he outlined to the Nixon administration using terminology borrowed from the Nazis.

On Liddy's radio show:

Liddy: When the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms thugs come to kill your wife and children, to try to disarm you and they open fire on you. When they come at the point of a gun, force and violence, when you're going to defend yourself, use that Gerand [M-1 rifle]. That thing is 30-06, and it'll take 'em right out.

Caller: And yes, aim for the head.

Liddy: Absolutely.

On his admiration for the Fuhrer:

[Adolf Hitler] was G Gordon Liddy's first political hero. Liddy was a sickly, asthmatic child when he grew up in Hoboken, New Jersey, in the 1930s. The town was full of ethnic Germans who idolized Hitler. Liddy was made to salute the Stars and Stripes Nazi-style by the nuns at his school; even now, he admits, "at assemblies where the national anthem is played, I must suppress the urge to snap out my right arm." His beloved German nanny taught him that Hitler had -- through sheer will-power -- "dragged Germany from weakness to strength."

This gave Liddy hope "for the first time in my life" that he too could overcome weakness. When he listened to Hitler on the radio, it "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before," he explains. "Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will [entranced me]. He sent an electric current through my body." He describes seeing the Nazis' doomed technological marvel the Hindenberg flying over New Jersey as an almost religious experience. "Ecstatic, I drank in its colossal power and felt myself grow. Fear evaporated and in its place came a sense of personal might and power."

This is the guy that John McCain describes as an old friend, gushing on his radio show that "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family. It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

So what principles and philosophies did McCain like about Libby? His love of Hitler? His support of killing Federal agents? His Ellsberg break-in? His willingness to kill break in witnesses and many others in the 70's?

The admiration is mutual. Libby has given money many times to McCain which McCain has happily accepted.

If McCain were not a politician and not from a prominent family, knowing the above, McCain would not even get the security clearance to be a toilet cleaner in a Federal building.

Ho hum. I've only heard this over twenty times the last two weeks.

I'm more worried about McCain and his close association with and professed admiration of the convicted felon and wannabee terrorist G Gordon Liddy:

Liddy served four and a half years in prison in connection with his conviction for his role in the Watergate break-in and the break-in at the office of the psychiatrist of Daniel Ellsberg, the military analyst who leaked the Pentagon Papers. Liddy has acknowledged preparing to kill someone during the Ellsberg break-in “if necessary”; plotting to murder journalist Jack Anderson; plotting with a “gangland figure” to murder Howard Hunt to stop him from cooperating with investigators; plotting to firebomb the Brookings Institution; and plotting to kidnap “leftist guerillas” at the 1972 Republican National Convention — a plan he outlined to the Nixon administration using terminology borrowed from the Nazis.

On Liddy's radio show:

On his admiration for the Fuhrer:

This is the guy that John McCain describes as an old friend, gushing on his radio show that "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your family. It's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon, and congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

So what principles and philosophies did McCain like about Libby? His love of Hitler? His support of killing Federal agents? His Ellsberg break-in? His willingness to kill break in witnesses and many others in the 70's?

The admiration is mutual. Libby has given money many times to McCain which McCain has happily accepted.

If McCain were not a politician and not from a prominent family, knowing the above, McCain would not even get the security clearance to be a toilet cleaner in a Federal building.

OK, and how does all this tie in with Obama's inability to be hired by our security agencies? Or his aunt?

OK, and how does all this tie in with Obama's inability to be hired by our security agencies? Or his aunt?

Who cares? It was a stupid argument in the first place. Just more wild accusations from desperate people whose guy is losing.

Guest Lincoln Logger
The closer we get to the election, the more outrageous the right wing becomes. They'll stop at nothing. No lie will go unspoken.

I would prefer a calmer and more deliberative election. These buffoons make it impossible, and it's fed straight from the top of the ticket all the way down.

The Republican party has become a party of slash-and-burn extremists. They must be defeated.

You will stop at nothing. Wondering how far you will go to stop the Republicans? I guess they don't agree with you? I can picture you in the middle of your living room stomping your feet as the entire house shakes. I am sure anyone who goes back to your earlier posts where you preeched revolution for what you believed in as a defender of your son's lies wonder how you can blatently lie her and want a more calmer election. If anyone is talking out of both sides of his mouth it is Paul.

Guest Extinguisher

Let's see... The CIA/NSA illegally wiretaps domestic phone lines... the CIA/NSA uses illegal methods of torture and rendition according to US courts of law ... and the Supreme Court twice lambasted this administration on the insufficient process given detainees.... and you think their opinion on this election holds any water??

You will stop at nothing. Wondering how far you will go to stop the Republicans? I guess they don't agree with you? I can picture you in the middle of your living room stomping your feet as the entire house shakes. I am sure anyone who goes back to your earlier posts where you preeched revolution for what you believed in as a defender of your son's lies wonder how you can blatently lie her and want a more calmer election. If anyone is talking out of both sides of his mouth it is Paul.

When one side makes lying the norm and elevates it to an art form, and practices and feeds on willful ignorance and bigotry, moral outrage is justified.

A friend of my wife's got a call yesterday with a recorded message saying that due to higher than usual turnout, voting was being extended to two days this year, and that Republicans could vote on Tuesday, Democrats on Wednesday. It's a tired old trick leftover from previous elections. The friend saw right through it, of course, as would most people. But in a close race, a success rate of only a percent or two could potentially steal an election. So, cliche though this trick may be, someone's still trying it. There have been news reports of this and similar dirty tricks going on at various places around the country, the vast majority of them designed to favor Republicans.

Guest Extinguisher
This is Kearny, this is Hudson County and the issues are irrelevant; I'm certain over 85% of the voters will blindly vote Democrat. The sheep always follow because it is easier that way; and one doesn't have to think, let alone make an informed decision.

There you go again, wu-su, with your sour grapes and a heaping of arrogance on the side.

This is Kearny, this is Hudson County and the issues are irrelevant; I'm certain over 85% of the voters will blindly vote Democrat. The sheep always follow because it is easier that way; and one doesn't have to think, let alone make an informed decision.

Hmm, isn't that how Bush got elected, twice?

There you go again, wu-su, with your sour grapes and a heaping of arrogance on the side.

Sour grapes implies resentment, jealousy, bitterness, ill feeling, envy; I assure you my posts are not motivated by any of these nor do any of the responses or posts on KOTW induce such sentiment. The arrogance, well, I guess I watched too many Obama performances, sorry, speeches. But you know Extinguisher, there may be a degree of condescension, self-importance and haughtiness in your posts as well.

Guest Extinguisher
Sour grapes implies resentment, jealousy, bitterness, ill feeling, envy; I assure you my posts are not motivated by any of these nor do any of the responses or posts on KOTW induce such sentiment. The arrogance, well, I guess I watched too many Obama performances, sorry, speeches. But you know Extinguisher, there may be a degree of condescension, self-importance and haughtiness in your posts as well.

My observation was based on your labelling of people who support the Democratic Party as "sheep" who "blindly vote" and "don't think." There is arrogance as well as a mean streak in that statement. Democrats agree with the principles of their party which is no different than Republicans agreeing with the principles of their party. Most of the Republican Party's candidates performed poorly in this election. Instead of maligning citizens who voted for Democrats, it seems to me Republicans should instead be doing a good bit of introspection to determine why they did so poorly.

And, by the way, wu-su, your postings in several threads on the Obama/McCain race all support my "sour grapes" observation. The shot fits perfectly.....

Guest Lincoln Logger
When one side makes lying the norm and elevates it to an art form, and practices and feeds on willful ignorance and bigotry, moral outrage is justified.

So that justifies all your lies on here? What a completely classless act you have become. Keep lieing, and people might be it true. See if that becomes justified

Guest Extinguisher
Sour Grapes and arrogance?

No- just the political reality of our county.

Thanks Bobby M!!!

Then instead of belittling anyone, debate and defend the principles you believe in and provide some analysis when discussing those you don't agree with. Wu-su said citizens in Hudson County "blindly vote" and are "sheep" -- those words can be applied to every majority electorate anywhere in this country. Are voters "sheep" in Hunterdon County because the majority of that electorate regularly votes for Republican presidential candidates??

Who's Bobby M?

My observation was based on your labelling of people who support the Democratic Party as "sheep" who "blindly vote" and "don't think." There is arrogance as well as a mean streak in that statement. Democrats agree with the principles of their party which is no different than Republicans agreeing with the principles of their party. Most of the Republican Party's candidates performed poorly in this election. Instead of maligning citizens who voted for Democrats, it seems to me Republicans should instead be doing a good bit of introspection to determine why they did so poorly.

And, by the way, wu-su, your postings in several threads on the Obama/McCain race all support my "sour grapes" observation. The shot fits perfectly.....

Extinguisher, it may come as a surprise but I neither did poorly or well in this election; I didn't vote for either major canidate (Republican or Democrat) because I didn't think either one was suitable or best for the country. I exercised my vote, but for a third party candidate. You should have questioned before making the wrong assumption about my party affiliation.

Extinguisher, it may come as a surprise but I neither did poorly or well in this election; I didn't vote for either major canidate (Republican or Democrat) because I didn't think either one was suitable or best for the country. I exercised my vote, but for a third party candidate. You should have questioned before making the wrong assumption about my party affiliation.

So in other words you wasted your vote. Because no other candidate had any chance to win. Any. At all.

You can do that if you truly think neither candidate is acceptable AND that there's no preference between them. That's very different from saying neither was the best.

Do you really think that there's no appreciable difference between Obama and McCain? Neither of them is perfect, but there are major differences.

The choice was between two competing directions for the country. We were going to go in one direction, or the other. You choose to let other people decide.

Guest Extinguisher

Let's see, are you now maligning anyone who identifies with either the Democratic or Republican party if that party represents a majority in their voting jurisdiction? Your criticism has not been even-handed but even if you are nonaligned, wu-su, isn't that mighty arrogant of you to call party-identifying citizens "sheep" who "blindly vote"? Isn't it possible that a person may concsiously and intelligently agree with the principles of his or her party?

As to your vote for President, in addition to Obama and McCain, the candidates on the ballot were Jeff Boss, Chuck Baldwin, Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney, Gloria LaRiva, Bob Barr, Roger Calero and Brian Moore. Of that group, wu-su, who did you vote for?

So in other words you wasted your vote. Because no other candidate had any chance to win. Any. At all.

You can do that if you truly think neither candidate is acceptable AND that there's no preference between them. That's very different from saying neither was the best.

Do you really think that there's no appreciable difference between Obama and McCain? Neither of them is perfect, but there are major differences.

The choice was between two competing directions for the country. We were going to go in one direction, or the other. You choose to let other people decide.

I'm sorry, but who are you to tell me how to vote and if my vote were wasted or not! The audacity of such a comment; you want me to make my choice based on your beliefs and your values and not my own? You want to tell me what the choices are, what my choices are and how I should decide, after I followed this election for far too long? I decided that both candidates were not suitable to run this country; therefore I didn't vote for either one - I made an informed choice (it may not be to your liking, but an informed choice) and cast my vote as I have every right to.

Now you imply that I have no right to make my own choice/decision and need you to tell me? What's next in your view, following someone into the booth to ensure that that person votes for one of the two parties, only? What you say is totally preposterous - I only pray that this is the direction our county does not go in; and I can only hope that this was not one of the two competing directions for the country proposed by either candidate.

It is this type of thinking that truly frightening and that will certainly bring down our democracy as we know it!

Guest Extinguisher
I'm sorry, but who are you to tell me how to vote and if my vote were wasted or not! The audacity of such a comment; you want me to make my choice based on your beliefs and your values and not my own? You want to tell me what the choices are, what my choices are and how I should decide, after I followed this election for far too long? I decided that both candidates were not suitable to run this country; therefore I didn't vote for either one - I made an informed choice (it may not be to your liking, but an informed choice) and cast my vote as I have every right to.

Now you imply that I have no right to make my own choice/decision and need you to tell me? What's next in your view, following someone into the booth to ensure that that person votes for one of the two parties, only? What you say is totally preposterous - I only pray that this is the direction our county does not go in; and I can only hope that this was not one of the two competing directions for the country proposed by either candidate.

It is this type of thinking that truly frightening and that will certainly bring down our democracy as we know it!

If you criticize others' political views, be prepared to present and defend your own. And don't play the part of the victim when you were the aggressor. Again, who did you vote for?