Obama's Infomerical

Guest Guest

Did you see Barack's speech tonight. With all Senator Obama adcheived , why does he have to tell me about all the poor poeple in America and their problems, I get it, I'm going through it. Did he not have a chance to articulate his views in three debates, and endless ads. My issue with Senator Obama is why isn't he telling me what he is going to do for America. All I hear is change is coming, no kidding, there is going to be a new president elected this year, but what changes is he, or Senator McCain going to do about this time in our nations history. It seems to me that it's more important to be elected president than tell the American People why you should be OUR PRESIDENT. Who cares it's just my opinion......

Did you see Barack's speech tonight. With all Senator Obama adcheived , why does he have to tell me about all the poor poeple in America and their problems, I get it, I'm going through it. Did he not have a chance to articulate his views in three debates, and endless ads. My issue with Senator Obama is why isn't he telling me what he is going to do for America. All I hear is change is coming, no kidding, there is going to be a new president elected this year, but what changes is he, or Senator McCain going to do about this time in our nations history. It seems to me that it's more important to be elected president than tell the American People why you should be OUR PRESIDENT. Who cares it's just my opinion......

He did tell you. The presentation was professionally designed, but it was also substantive. If you have a chance to see it again, look for the times when he's speaking directly into the camera. That's when he laid out his proposals.

Why complicate matters?

If you have problems with Obama, vote for McCain.........

But McCain and Palin make Abbott and Costello look like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.........by comparison!

Obama has his plan for all to see on his website, this aside from his statements along the campaign......he's had that laid out on day one.

Why complicate matters? The Republican cult is a despicable mess, no? (and I'm NO Democrat!)

Tellya what Guest with your opinion............flip a coin if you can't see the horizon above the fray and meanwhile.......

enjoy this........... :angry::lol::lol:

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

Did you actually watch it? He was more than clear about what he plans to do.

He was very specific about what he wants to do.

Tax cuts for people earning less than $200 a year, no taxes increases for anyone under $250,000

$15 billion a year investment for alternative energy sources

Favorable tax treatment for hiring workers in the US and an end to tax loopholes for shipping jobs overseas

He gave a long list on quite a few issues. He also spent a lot of time making the point that he understands what people like us are going through. That's important. It beats John McCain, who doesn't even know how many houses he owns. You're not being reasonable.

I live in Illinois and I'm still waiting for that tax cut he promised us... way back when.

He was a state Senator in Illinois. He didn't have the power to cut your taxes. Elect him President, along with a filibuster-proof Democratic majority, and you'll get your tax cut.

Guest A former Kearny resident
I don't believe you.

You're a Bush/McCain/Palin bottom feeder who's never been to Illinois.

YOU LOSE, MOOK. :lol:

Why the name calling? Why is that so hard to believe that I live in IL? Are people who ever lived in NJ, or specifically Kearny, not allowed to live anywhere else in the US? Want to test me? LOL

I vote for the person NOT the party so feed on that :lol:

Guest A former Kearny resident
He was a state Senator in Illinois. He didn't have the power to cut your taxes.

Well, maybe someone should have explained that to him during his campaign because one of his promises was for a middle class tax cut. :lol:

It's really a non-issue though because IL is a blue state and he's the "hometown favorite" to win.

Guest AZ resident
Well, maybe someone should have explained that to him during his campaign because one of his promises was for a middle class tax cut. :lol:

It's really a non-issue though because IL is a blue state and he's the "hometown favorite" to win.

Unlike McCain who was NOT backed by the AZ GOP in the primaries. He's not even a hometown favorite at home. :lol:

Well, maybe someone should have explained that to him during his campaign because one of his promises was for a middle class tax cut. ;)

I'm sure he knew that he couldn't single-handedly deliver on every campaign promise as a state legislator. Every politician promises to change policy. It's understood that they mean they will work for change.

I'm just pointing out that you can't appropriately blame a single legislator for state policy. Politics is stupid enough as it is. That means we have to be smart, and not let ourselves be taken in by arguments that don't make sense. Your argument seemed like the usual hyperbole, so I pointed out what I thought was a problem.

I'm sure he knew that he couldn't single-handedly deliver on every campaign promise as a state legislator. Every politician promises to change policy. It's understood that they mean they will work for change.

I'm just pointing out that you can't appropriately blame a single legislator for state policy. Politics is stupid enough as it is. That means we have to be smart, and not let ourselves be taken in by arguments that don't make sense. Your argument seemed like the usual hyperbole, so I pointed out what I thought was a problem.

I don't blame him for not being able to give IL the tax cut he promised, just like I won't blame him when he doesn't give a middle class tax cut to the US, as he is promising, because they are just words...

I don't blame him for not being able to give IL the tax cut he promised, just like I won't blame him when he doesn't give a middle class tax cut to the US, as he is promising, because they are just words...

Is a $1,000 tax cut really the most important thing in your world? You're paying many times that for the war that Mr. McCain wants to continue and for gas and oil.

Wake up. The country's future isn't just about you.

Guest Lincoln Logger
He was a state Senator in Illinois. He didn't have the power to cut your taxes. Elect him President, along with a filibuster-proof Democratic majority, and you'll get your tax cut.

You also won't have an economy to speak of, and you also will not have any protection from anyone invading these United States, and you will have double digit unemployment cause people won't have to work. But you will have your tax cut. The money he is promising is more than this economy can bare. That my fellow unamerican is the fact and like it or not , a fact is a fact.

Guest Lincoln Logger

So you are saying that it's ok to say anything to get elected. Mainly because it's what the people want to hear. According to your post, it's ok if they don't live up to their campaign promises, as long as they make some sort of meaningless effort. I do not think I am over exaggerating when I say that there is no way that Obama can live with his campaign promises without someone getting hurt. We are not sure who that someone is yet. So your fact that because Obama didn't live up to his promises as a state legislator, we should trust him as the next President of the United States and its ok if he doen't live up to his campaign promises. I am glad you can live with that because I certainly cannot.

Do you really think Obama, McCain or ____________________ (insert your favorite write in candidate) is in a position to LOWER your overall taxes? This is the fallacy of the entire race. Both sides know that taxes are a hot button, and both are willing to say whatever they need to say to get elected. In the meantime, all of the bailouts, monetary policies and social/defense spending proposals are going to cost more money than our recessionary economy will afford over the next several years.

I hate to see both parties being so tied to something that is going to come back and bite whomever is the President for the next 4 years. The country is not in a position to maintain all of its basic social services AND cut taxes - especially while tax revenues are falling due to rising unemployment and other factors. And, at the end of the day, if by some miracle a tax cut is effectuated at the federal level, you will have state, county and local taxes climbing through the roof to make up for it. It's a shell game, and taxpayers ALWAYS lose. So choose your candidate based upon other factors, neither candidates tax proposals will hold water in the next four years.

Is a $1,000 tax cut really the most important thing in your world? You're paying many times that for the war that Mr. McCain wants to continue and for gas and oil.

Trust me, I'm awake. This country's future is very important to me, just as it should be to you, but I never said it was all about me, I was simply responding to Paul.

And, to some the tax cut that is being promised could be the most important thing in their world. Take a look around, there are a lot of people struggling today.

So you are saying that it's ok to say anything to get elected. Mainly because it's what the people want to hear. According to your post, it's ok if they don't live up to their campaign promises, as long as they make some sort of meaningless effort. I do not think I am over exaggerating when I say that there is no way that Obama can live with his campaign promises without someone getting hurt. We are not sure who that someone is yet. So your fact that because Obama didn't live up to his promises as a state legislator, we should trust him as the next President of the United States and its ok if he doen't live up to his campaign promises. I am glad you can live with that because I certainly cannot.

We have to elect the people who have the best chance of digging us out of the ditch. A sensible person doesn't give that job to the people who got us into the ditch in the first place.

Bush alone managed to increase our national debt from 5 to 10 trillion. That means during the last seven years he put every American in hock for and additional 17,000 dollars. And with interest, the 17,000 debt he saddled us and our children with will at least double. A family of four had their Federal debt burden increased by 68,000.

And we, the taxpayers will have to pay it back. Look at it like a taxpayer mortgage to our government - involuntarily imposed by Bush. Except you didn't get a house.

A minuscule tax cut is really nothing compared to the burden Bush has imposed on us.