Biden stepping down ?

Guest Patriot

And I won't know anything about you unless you tell me who you are, which obviously you're not willing to do. So I do know at least one thing about you. You're a coward. I also know from how you write that you're not all that smart.

I can see how you might take my comment about waitresses in rural restaurants the wrong way. On the other hand, I wouldn't take offense if you said that you wouldn't hire a lawyer to repair your car. It would be quite extraordinary for a person working as a waitress in a town like the one I grew up in, to be qualified to be vice president. If she was, she almost certainly wouldn't be working that job. If you think that's not so, then perhaps you can cite some examples of waitresses working in rural restaurants who soon thereafter were serious candidats for national office. It may not suit your right-leaning view of political correctness, but it's true. You might also watch the film "Fargo" if you don't understand my reference. That is in fact what Palin reminds me of.

This is not an attack on waitresses. It's fair comment on what Palin is trying to pull on the American people. If she wants to play the folksy game, you can't get away with whining about political correctness from the right. There's a difference between picking up on stereotypical behavior, which the person in question is exaggerating in the hope of making a political gain, and bashing someone for his profession, which you seem to do at every opportunity. Get mad at me if you want to.

Some people are fed up with the so-called elites. Well, guess what, some of us who value inteligence and depth and intellectual curiosity in a national leader are fed up with anti-intellectualism, the idea that a Joe six-pack can study for a couple weeks and be ready to be VP or president. This has reached a dangerous point with Palin, and I'm not going to be silent about it just because you don't like it. And I think quite a few people who don't consider themselves "elite" would agree with me. I hope they'll start saying so before the country elects someone like Palin . . . too late for that, we already elected Bush --- twice. Only Palin is worse, if you can imagine that.

There's one undeniable difference between you and me. I'm putting my name to this.

The one thing that is undeniable is your predictability.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic