Prayers That Are Answered

Guest Magus Incognito

Guest Magus Incognito

I would like to share that being 50 years old makes a person look back and count all his blessings as well as his disappointments. Through it all I have come to recognize in the good and bad times that there is a Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe that knows best. The Christians would say that Jesus Knows Best the Buddhist would attribute answered prayers to the Ultimate Reality in the Universe known as Nirvana or Nam Myoho Renge Kyo .The Muslims would Thank Allah and the New Agers would praise the Universe ( The Secret ). I personally believe that no one or no religion has a monopoly on God or The Most Highest Power In The Universe. I believe that the Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe hears all sincere prayers whether the cries are said by Jews , Christians , Buddhist or Muslims. My life is filled with prayer and therefore I live a truly charmed life. Money , Power , Love , Happiness , Health and Hope permeate and fill my world. I truly lack for nothing and recently I have been praying for other people who had problems and I have seen their troubles fade away. A very close blood relative was given 6 months to live. That was 14 years ago and she is healthier than ever. PRAYER REALLY WORKS! What do you feel is the formula that makes effectual prayer? First and foremost I know that Absolute Faith is The First Factor. Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped for the Evidence of Things not Seen , the Bible states. That is the best definition of Faith I have ever read or heard. Moreover , to me Faith is the Underlying Spiritual Counterpart of my material and immaterial desires and the proof that my wishes exist somewhere if only in the mental and spiritual realm. That mental target ( desire )is the beginning of answered prayer , but it does not end there. We must inject CERTAINTY and ASSURANCE. Desire , Believe , Act , and Respond. What do you think ??? All responders are welcomed!!!

Guest Guest
I would like to share that being 50 years old makes a person look back and count all his blessings as well as his disappointments. Through it all I have come to recognize in the good and bad times that there is a Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe that knows best. The Christians would say that Jesus Knows Best the Buddhist would attribute answered prayers to the Ultimate Reality in the Universe known as Nirvana or Nam Myoho Renge Kyo .The Muslims would Thank Allah and the New Agers would praise the Universe ( The Secret ). I personally believe that no one or no religion has a monopoly on God or The Most Highest Power In The Universe. I believe that the Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe hears all sincere prayers whether the cries are said by Jews , Christians , Buddhist or Muslims. My life is filled with prayer and therefore I live a truly charmed life. Money , Power , Love , Happiness , Health and Hope permeate and fill my world. I truly lack for nothing and recently I have been praying for other people who had problems and I have seen their troubles fade away. A very close blood relative was given 6 months to live. That was 14 years ago and she is healthier than ever. PRAYER REALLY WORKS! What do you feel is the formula that makes effectual prayer? First and foremost I know that Absolute Faith is The First Factor. Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped for the Evidence of Things not Seen , the Bible states. That is the best definition of Faith I have ever read or heard. Moreover , to me Faith is the Underlying Spiritual Counterpart of my material and immaterial desires and the proof that my wishes exist somewhere if only in the mental and spiritual realm. That mental target ( desire )is the beginning of answered prayer , but it does not end there. We must inject CERTAINTY and ASSURANCE. Desire , Believe , Act , and Respond. What do you think ??? All responders are welcomed!!!

I think you're probably very sincere, but like all people, to some extent, you see what you want to see. It's easy to see patterns if you've already made up your mind that they're there. If what you're saying was true, it would be recognized and applied as science all over the world.

I believe that the Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe hears all sincere prayers whether the cries are said by Jews , Christians , Buddhist or Muslims.

It seems He wasn't listening too well when the Germans were shipping the Jews to the camps.

Guest Magus Incognito

Prayer is Powerful and one of the reason is the mental and spiritual focusing effect it has on the one praying. I believe prayer does not change the Supreme Power in the Universe but instead prayer changes the one praying. Once that personal inner change is made through the act of prayer then the outer changes in circumstances becomes a natural outgrowth. To touch , if only but slightly , the Supreme Power that lives within you is to become infected with that Power. What problem or trouble can endure? What weapon of mass destruction can hurt our sun in this galaxy? Think about it for a moment. If we were to take all the weapons of mass destruction that exist in our planet and aim it at the Sun what effect would it have on reaching that great big ball of fire? NONE! The sun would absorb all the energy in the weapons of mass destruction and added to it's own. Life's problems and troubles bring within them their own solutions that are locked and hidden. Prayer is the key and search light that finds it's own unique answers. The same way all opposites have the potential for it's counterpart right within them. Day comes with the potential for night and vice a versus. Empty has within it the potential for fullness. Weakness has within it the potential for strength. All problems have right within them the potential solutions. Here is a prayer formula I like to share with you that I find to be very effective in problem solving. Every night before I go to bed , I take a moment to clear my mind and thank the Supreme Power of the Universe that resides within me for everything. No matter how bad things may have been that day , I fill my mind and Soul with as much gratitude as possible. Then I think about my problems while superimposing the thought , " I Know That Thou Will Answer Me." Then I lie down with my head in my pillow simply asking the Supreme Power Within , '" What Should I do and When " ? Think about your troubles and problems and ask again and again as you fall asleep , " What Should I Do And When ? What Should I Do and When ? Address the Supreme Power by what ever name you wish. I urge you to try this very simple formula and you will see solutions to your deepest problems emerge. Compelling positive feelings will propel you to act or not act. Try it every night , what have you got to lose except your troubles and problems ?

Guest Guest

While I believe there are forces in the Universe we aren't close to understanding I believe those that are labeled as 'God' ignore us and leave us, good as well as bad, to our own self-created fates.

Guest Guest
Prayer is Powerful and one of the reason is the mental and spiritual focusing effect it has on the one praying. I believe prayer does not change the Supreme Power in the Universe but instead prayer changes the one praying. Once that personal inner change is made through the act of prayer then the outer changes in circumstances becomes a natural outgrowth. To touch , if only but slightly , the Supreme Power that lives within you is to become infected with that Power. What problem or trouble can endure? What weapon of mass destruction can hurt our sun in this galaxy? Think about it for a moment. If we were to take all the weapons of mass destruction that exist in our planet and aim it at the Sun what effect would it have on reaching that great big ball of fire? NONE! The sun would absorb all the energy in the weapons of mass destruction and added to it's own. Life's problems and troubles bring within them their own solutions that are locked and hidden. Prayer is the key and search light that finds it's own unique answers. The same way all opposites have the potential for it's counterpart right within them. Day comes with the potential for night and vice a versus. Empty has within it the potential for fullness. Weakness has within it the potential for strength. All problems have right within them the potential solutions. Here is a prayer formula I like to share with you that I find to be very effective in problem solving. Every night before I go to bed , I take a moment to clear my mind and thank the Supreme Power of the Universe that resides within me for everything. No matter how bad things may have been that day , I fill my mind and Soul with as much gratitude as possible. Then I think about my problems while superimposing the thought , " I Know That Thou Will Answer Me." Then I lie down with my head in my pillow simply asking the Supreme Power Within , '" What Should I do and When " ? Think about your troubles and problems and ask again and again as you fall asleep , " What Should I Do And When ? What Should I Do and When ? Address the Supreme Power by what ever name you wish. I urge you to try this very simple formula and you will see solutions to your deepest problems emerge. Compelling positive feelings will propel you to act or not act. Try it every night , what have you got to lose except your troubles and problems ?

That's excellent so long as you remember that there are thousands of ways to center yourself. The problem comes when people forget that and make their theologies exclusive or claim to have answers they don't really have.

Guest Guest

I would like to share that being 50 years old makes a person look back and count all his blessings as well as his disappointments. Through it all I have come to recognize in the good and bad times that there is a Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe that knows best.

Based on nothing but wishful thinking, I'm predicting.

The Christians would say that Jesus Knows Best the Buddhist would attribute answered prayers to the Ultimate Reality in the Universe known as Nirvana or Nam Myoho Renge Kyo .The Muslims would Thank Allah and the New Agers would praise the Universe ( The Secret ).

And all these groups, of course, would dismiss all of the UNanswered prayers by saying "that's what God (or whoever) wants--his will be done". What's stupid about this is that it makes the act of prayer dumb because if it's his will, and he's going to do what he wants anyway, why bother praying in the first place?

I personally believe that no one or no religion has a monopoly on God or The Most Highest Power In The Universe. I believe that the Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe hears all sincere prayers whether the cries are said by Jews , Christians , Buddhist or Muslims.

Reality suggests that no one is listening--either that, or someone(s) who truly don't give a damn about the plight of humans is listening and ignoring us. That drought situation in the South was a pretty funny example of that. They get together and decide the best thing to do was to pray for rain. And what do they get in return? An inch of rain (which isn't even a drop in the bucket) accompanying a violent storm that blows the roof off a CHURCH and injures three CHILDREN! At best, if there's some god out there, it looks like he doesn't want to hear our petty prayers. Personally, no god makes more sense to me than indifferent/malicious god.

My life is filled with prayer and therefore I live a truly charmed life. Money , Power , Love , Happiness , Health and Hope permeate and fill my world.

lol, are you so arrogant as to think that there doesn't exist a secularist/atheist who has a good life? Ridiculous.

I truly lack for nothing

Except common sense, if you seriously think there's an invisible man/woman/thing in the sky listening to you talk to yourself.

and recently I have been praying for other people who had problems and I have seen their troubles fade away.

Or get worse, in which case that's just what the god wanted so he still listened, right? Right?!

A very close blood relative was given 6 months to live. That was 14 years ago and she is healthier than ever.

Great. Now what about the millions of others who are prayed for and DON'T survive? Don't remember the hits and forget the misses--you're deluding yourself.

PRAYER REALLY WORKS!

NO, IT REALLY DOESN'T, AND YOUR ANECDOTE DOESN'T CHANGE THAT!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/3...949&ei=5070

What do you feel is the formula that makes effectual prayer?

Well, clearly the most important step is to create a scenario in which all outcomes boost your faith. A perfect example of this is when you pray for something. If you get it, yay prayer works and god helped me out. If not, no problem it's not part of god's plan it's all for the best. That's the only way to truly make prayer "effective"--by eliminating all outcomes that a rational person would declare as a failed prayer.

First and foremost I know that Absolute Faith is The First Factor. Faith is the Substance of Things Hoped for the Evidence of Things not Seen , the Bible states.

The Bible also states that rabbits chew cud.

That is the best definition of Faith I have ever read or heard. Moreover , to me Faith is the Underlying Spiritual Counterpart of my material and immaterial desires and the proof that my wishes exist somewhere if only in the mental and spiritual realm. That mental target ( desire )is the beginning of answered prayer , but it does not end there. We must inject CERTAINTY and ASSURANCE. Desire , Believe , Act , and Respond. What do you think ??? All responders are welcomed!!!

I think injecting "CERTAINTY" into something that is BY DEFINITION uncertain is foolish.

Signed,

A happy atheist

Guest Magus Incognito
It seems He wasn't listening too well when the Germans were shipping the Jews to the camps.

Please allow me to quote a survivor of the holocaust:

Viktor Frankl

March 26, 1905 -

September 2, 1997

Author of

Man's Search for Meaning,

and 32 psychospiritual books,

Developer of existential

psychology and logotherapy,

Holocaust survivor

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible."

Man's Search for Meaning, p.172

This is a book I read and highly recommend to anyone who wants to deepened their meaning of Life. In short , Viktor Frankl found purpose , direction and Spirituality in the most dire of circumstances. The last of the human freedoms are in your own mind and inner thoughts. Only you can choose to think thoughts of condemnation or of Faith, Hope , love and Forgiveness. Between what happens to you and your response exist a gap. In that gap lies your freedom to choose. ( Steven Covey ) Viktor Frankl chose to hope and trust God. He survived and changed the lives of millions of people. Many died a gruesome death and there was another Jew who was nailed to a cross and answered the question. He chose his own thoughts , meaning and integrity. When his Faith seemed to have failed him on the cross his remedy was even more Faith.

Then He even conquered death and today millions of people kneel at the very the sound of his name. What about the Great Scottish Hero , William Wallace who died a horrid death yet his Spirit lives on today. All these men had one thing in common , they were so in touch with the immaterial part of their nature , their Human Spirit that they were Fearless in every sense of the word. Life asked them what is it that you fear as you go through the valley of death ? They responded NOTHING. That is Pure Faith. Jesus Christ had the courage to forgive and William Wallace had the courage to fight. Both Fearless in every sense of the word. ( By Magus Incognito , born January 14 , 1958).

Viktor Frankl

March 26, 1905 -

September 2, 1997

Author of

Developer of existential

Holocaust survivor

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible."

This is a book I read and highly recommend to anyone who wants to deepened their meaning of Life. In short , Viktor Frankl found purpose , direction and Spirituality in the most dire of circumstances. The last of the human freedoms are in your own mind and inner thoughts. Only you can choose to think thoughts of condemnation or of Faith, Hope , love and Forgiveness. Between what happens to you and your response exist a gap. In that gap lies your freedom to choose. ( Steven Covey ) Viktor Frankl chose to hope and trust God. He survived and changed the lives of millions of people. Many died a gruesome death and there was another Jew who was nailed to a cross and answered the question. He chose his own thoughts , meaning and integrity. When his Faith seemed to have failed him on the cross his remedy was even more Faith.

Then He even conquered death and today millions of people kneel at the very the sound of his name. What about the Great Scottish Hero , William Wallace who died a horrid death yet his Spirit lives on today. All these men had one thing in common , they were so in touch with the immaterial part of their nature , their Human Spirit that they were Fearless in every sense of the word. Life asked them what is it that you fear as you go through the valley of death ? They responded NOTHING. That is Pure Faith. Jesus Christ had the courage to forgive and William Wallace had the courage to fight. Both Fearless in every sense of the word. ( By Magus Incognito , born January 14 , 1958).

Good for this 'survivor'. Now we're getting into man's search for meaning.

However, this is a 'Supreme Intelligent Spirit Power in the Universe that knows best and answers prayers' thread. Millions of men, women and children were gassed or cremated. And the fact is their prayers were not answered by He who knows best.

But then that happens often in our contemporary world. Too often we read of children abused and killed by their 'loved' ones.

Guest Guest

Viktor Frankl

March 26, 1905 -

September 2, 1997

Author of

Developer of existential

Holocaust survivor

They have something else in common too. They're both dead.

Guest Magus Incognito
They have something else in common too. They're both dead.

Jesus Christ and William Wallace are not dead , far from it. You can kill the person but you can't kill the idea. Life is much more than this body we carry with us for a short while. Believing or not believing in a Greater Supreme Life Source that exist throughout the universe is not the question. The real purpose of Life is to find out " what is the most fundamental , primordial , underlying substratum of our existence right here and now-the very bedrock of reality? ( Lama Surya Das )When we discover ourselves at the most profound depths we also uncover a Source which is " The Great Mystery of Life" . God is not an entity existing in reality. God is Ultimate Reality with out a second. You stated also that prayer is talking to your self a sort of soliloquy. There is some truth to that , prayer is talking to your Greater Self , the Christ within you , your hope for glory , or your own higher self , your Buddha Nature.It is a time to Raise Your Level of Thoughts and break out of the negative trance your in. Christ Prayed to his heavenly Father , thanking and praising God even before his prayers were answered. He lifted up his thoughts and fed the multitudes. Buddha meditated to reach The Pure Infinite Consciousness That Fills The Universe hoping to eradicate all his short comings and Moses spoke with the authority of a person who had Unlimited Power flowing through him. So we see that Prayer could also be a way of purifying our thoughts , words , feelings and actions. The Great Supreme Power of the Universe does not need our praises and gratitude. It is we who need to Praise , Sing and give Thanks to lift our thoughts to a stronger vibratory level. Let's remember that thinking , speaking , feeling and acting more wholesomely can only make us and those in our surroundings happier and more effective and efficient in life. We experience Real Existence proactively by a hopeful sense of being , thinking , speaking , doing , feeling and experiencing. Is it not better to live prayerfully and more hopefully which will fill you up with a real intense positive energy that can propel you through all life's problems and disappointments? So you see I believe that even atheist should pray. All atheist must believe that there is more depth to them that meets the eye. Why not take time to commune with your own atheistic profound depths , who knows you may stumble upon a hidden door that can open you to a whole new world of wonder. ( Magus Incognito , born January 14 , 1958 )

Guest Guest
Jesus Christ and William Wallace are not dead , far from it. You can kill the person but you can't kill the idea. Life is much more than this body we carry with us for a short while. Believing or not believing in a Greater Supreme Life Source that exist throughout the universe is not the question. The real purpose of Life is to find out " what is the most fundamental , primordial , underlying substratum of our existence right here and now-the very bedrock of reality? ( Lama Surya Das )When we discover ourselves at the most profound depths we also uncover a Source which is " The Great Mystery of Life" . God is not an entity existing in reality. God is Ultimate Reality with out a second. You stated also that prayer is talking to your self a sort of soliloquy. There is some truth to that , prayer is talking to your Greater Self , the Christ within you , your hope for glory , or your own higher self , your Buddha Nature.It is a time to Raise Your Level of Thoughts and break out of the negative trance your in. Christ Prayed to his heavenly Father , thanking and praising God even before his prayers were answered. He lifted up his thoughts and fed the multitudes. Buddha meditated to reach The Pure Infinite Consciousness That Fills The Universe hoping to eradicate all his short comings and Moses spoke with the authority of a person who had Unlimited Power flowing through him. So we see that Prayer could also be a way of purifying our thoughts , words , feelings and actions. The Great Supreme Power of the Universe does not need our praises and gratitude. It is we who need to Praise , Sing and give Thanks to lift our thoughts to a stronger vibratory level. Let's remember that thinking , speaking , feeling and acting more wholesomely can only make us and those in our surroundings happier and more effective and efficient in life. We experience Real Existence proactively by a hopeful sense of being , thinking , speaking , doing , feeling and experiencing. Is it not better to live prayerfully and more hopefully which will fill you up with a real intense positive energy that can propel you through all life's problems and disappointments? So you see I believe that even atheist should pray. All atheist must believe that there is more depth to them that meets the eye. Why not take time to commune with your own atheistic profound depths , who knows you may stumble upon a hidden door that can open you to a whole new world of wonder. ( Magus Incognito , born January 14 , 1958 )

That's lovely, but it doesn't deny the fact that those two men are both dead. You're looking it another way, but you're also playing with words. That's fine if it helps you, to a point, but they're still dead.

Guest Guest
Jesus Christ and William Wallace are not dead , far from it. You can kill the person but you can't kill the idea.

They're not dead, even though they're dead? He was obviously talking about the people themselves, goofball.

Guest 2smart4u

Things are getting so bad in the Obama camp, the atheist leftists have even started praying for him.

Guest Guest
Things are getting so bad in the Obama camp, the atheist leftists have even started praying for him.

Denial is a funny thing. If the election were held today:

"Aug. 08

Obama 289 McCain 236"

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Maps/Aug08.html

Just keep telling yourself that, 2dim. Maybe in your fantasy world, it'll come true! Can't promise any effect in reality, though. :)