Eminent Domain

schuyler

Does anyone have any information regarding the current redevelopment projects? Has it been decided which business / houses will be taken via eminent domain? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have'nt heard anything on property stealing on Schuyler ave. After all Eminent Domain is nothing more than stealing one persons property and giving it to a developer so he can get rich by turning the property in housing or commercial development. I think those on the west side of Schuyler Ave will be safe, it's those business's and homes on the east side that may eventually be taken for ReDevelopment. Take Russo development for example, they want to redevelop a 5 acre tract of land on the corner of schuyler and bergen aves. 2 buildings totaling 232 housing units. Where are they going to put parking for 232 - 464 cars. They can't go underground water table is to high, the obvious choice is to eminent domain buildings across the street to build parking.

I have'nt heard anything on property stealing on Schuyler ave. After all Eminent Domain is nothing more than stealing one persons property and giving it to a developer so he can get rich by turning the property in housing or commercial development. I think those on the west side of Schuyler Ave will be safe, it's those business's and homes on the east side that may eventually be taken for ReDevelopment. Take Russo development for example, they want to redevelop a 5 acre tract of land on the corner of schuyler and bergen aves. 2 buildings totaling 232 housing units. Where are they going to put parking for 232 - 464 cars. They can't go underground water table is to high, the obvious choice is to eminent domain buildings across the street to build parking.

Russo Development BOUGHT his property. He wants to do ground level parking. So your example doesn't work.

I'm curious though. What's across the street anyway that's not for sale, or not town owned, or not a concrete grinding operation?

Russo Development BOUGHT his property. He wants to do ground level parking. So your example doesn't work.

I'm curious though. What's across the street anyway that's not for sale, or not town owned, or not a concrete grinding operation?

My example does in fact work. The original plan for the property as laid out by Russo Development would be for retail stores on the ground floor of the apartment complex. Secondly if as you point out parking would be at ground level there still is'nt enough room for 232 cars. Across the street is not only Tilcon facility, beyond that would be the land for the new train station, there is an active business on the corner. the only thing thats empty or for sale are 2 small buildings. The town won't allow building on Harvey field, and the Portuguese community won't go for building on AJ Seabras property.

My example does in fact work. The original plan for the property as laid out by Russo Development would be for retail stores on the ground floor of the apartment complex. Secondly if as you point out parking would be at ground level there still is'nt enough room for 232 cars. Across the street is not only Tilcon facility, beyond that would be the land for the new train station, there is an active business on the corner. the only thing thats empty or for sale are 2 small buildings. The town won't allow building on Harvey field, and the Portuguese community won't go for building on AJ Seabras property.

No your example does not work:

No eminent domain was used.

The proposed retail is in SEPARATE, small one-story buildings with a parking lot on site. The retail is close to Schuyler and the SEPARATE residential is on the Bergen Avenue side. That was the plan presented at the community meeting. That is the only plan. Where are you getting your information from?

Yes, there is room for all the vehicles on the ground level of the residential buildings, one and a half spaces per unit.

There is no active business on the corner unless you consider a ************ tenant shipping used cars to purchasers outside the US to be ********. Ask the neighbors what kind of "active business" he is.

You said across the street. AJ Seabra is not across the street. Again, what is there across the street from Russo's project that is of value?