Ta Ta Slimes

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

The NY Slimes stock dropped to $12. a share this morning, no doubt the fallout to the Slimes refusal to print McCain's op-ed rebuttal to

Obama's op-ed from the previous week. They are so out of touch with reality that they think their readers (all 14 of them) only want to read

leftist propaganda. This fish-wrap rag's demise is proof that clear thinking Americans want fair and balanced coverage iof the news.

Guest Guest
The NY Slimes stock dropped to $12. a share this morning, no doubt the fallout to the Slimes refusal to print McCain's op-ed rebuttal to

Obama's op-ed from the previous week. They are so out of touch with reality that they think their readers (all 14 of them) only want to read

leftist propaganda. This fish-wrap rag's demise is proof that clear thinking Americans want fair and balanced coverage iof the news.

Geez! Do you ever SHUT THE F**K UP?!

Guest Guest

So, name a conservative newspaper with a higher circulation than the NY Times.

Guest Guest

The NY Times will still be publishing looooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng after you've fallen off a barstool for the last time and uttered your final mindless rant.

Semper Lie PatRat!

Actually the closing quote is 13.20. Their yearly low was 12.08. But then the market has been tanking lately due to the economy being in the doldrums and high oil prices.

Which is to be expected considering the inept morons currently running the country who have no clue on sustaining or rebuilding an economy.

Do you also realize, that under Bush, the dollar has lost 50% of its value against the Euro? Even the Canadian dollar is worth as much as a US dollar. Do you think these things happen by magic or could it be due to poor economic and political decisions of Bush's administration? Your hero. :lol:

Guest Guest
Actually the closing quote is 13.20. Their yearly low was 12.08. But then the market has been tanking lately due to the economy being in the doldrums and high oil prices.

Which is to be expected considering the inept morons currently running the country who have no clue on sustaining or rebuilding an economy.

Do you also realize, that under Bush, the dollar has lost 50% of its value against the Euro? Even the Canadian dollar is worth as much as a US dollar. Do you think these things happen by magic or could it be due to poor economic and political decisions of Bush's administration? Your hero. :lol:

No, I think it's due to our invisible Defeatocratic congress who's approval rating hovers around 10 to 12 %.

Guest Thank goodness for the NYT

The New York Times's print circulation is the 3rd highest in the nation and its internet readership is the highest. The industry is rapidly shifting from print to the internet which will result in major changes in the news industry, but, my friend, the New York Times is making that transition successfully. I think the Wall Street Journal will also make it now that Rupert Murdoch bought it and is adding sections/features that the New York Times includes.

As to McCain's rejected op-ed piece, he was asked to re-write it. I think they should have run his piece as submitted (with all its faults) since that would have shown the weaknesses in McCain's argument. They made a mistake. In defense of the New York Times, they have published op-eds from McCain SIX times in the last 5 years and ENDORSED him in the New York Republican primary.

My McCain chuckle of the day (thanks to www.nytimes.com): Obama draws 200,000 at a speech in Berlin while McCain draws 12 (yes, just 12) at a German sausage diner shop in the US.

Guest Guest
No, I think it's due to our invisible Defeatocratic congress who's approval rating hovers around 10 to 12 %.

The dollar plunged long before the Democrats won a majority in Congress, stupid.

Guest Guest
The New York Times's print circulation is the 3rd highest in the nation and its internet readership is the highest. The industry is rapidly shifting from print to the internet which will result in major changes in the news industry, but, my friend, the New York Times is making that transition successfully. I think the Wall Street Journal will also make it now that Rupert Murdoch bought it and is adding sections/features that the New York Times includes.

As to McCain's rejected op-ed piece, he was asked to re-write it. I think they should have run his piece as submitted (with all its faults) since that would have shown the weaknesses in McCain's argument. They made a mistake. In defense of the New York Times, they have published op-eds from McCain SIX times in the last 5 years and ENDORSED him in the New York Republican primary.

My McCain chuckle of the day (thanks to www.nytimes.com): Obama draws 200,000 at a speech in Berlin while McCain draws 12 (yes, just 12) at a German sausage diner shop in the US.

Berliners who will vote for Obama - 0. Diner voters who will vote for McCain - 12.

Guest Guest

Actually, Congress is up to 15% in the latest poll, compared to Bush's 23%. To the ignorant, that sounds like a victory for Bush and Republicans. That's because they're ignorant.

The 23% who support Bush are all Limbaugh-Coulter ditto-heads. The 77% who don't include nearly all Democrats and Independents and approximately 1/3 of Republicans. More than half the people who voted for him no longer support him.

The 15% who support the Congress probably are die-hard Democrats. The 85% who don't include:

--- nearly all the Republicans

--- nearly all of the Independents

--- most of the Democrats, who are dissatisfied with Congress because it hasn't done enough to oppose Bush or stand up on important issues.

So how does tha translate into the silly political game PatRat wants to play? Well, we'll find out in the fall which party gains and loses seats in Congress.

Maybe it can be published in the National Enquirer.

McCain's supporters have nothing to complain about. The NYT has treated McCain very well. How many can say they had six NYT op eds published.

The right wing constantly puts down the NYT. However, right wing politicians will take any and every opportunity to get their stories printed in that paper.

Again, our right wingers are showing their true colors - big whiny babies.

Guest Guest

"Fish-wrap rag" !! I love it. I canceled my Times subscription 2 years ago, I found myself getting angry reading their op-ed pages, I couldn't take it any more.

Guest Thank Goodness
Berliners who will vote for Obama - 0. Diner voters who will vote for McCain - 12.

Nice try at rationalization. McCain had a terrible week. No media coverage and he acknowledged that a withdrawal timetable from Iraq was a "good idea." Who's running his campaign??

How will you try to rationalize the 200,000 plus that will show up in Denver on August 28?

Guest Guest
"Fish-wrap rag" !! I love it.

Only because you said it, 2dim.

I canceled my Times subscription 2 years ago, I found myself getting angry reading their op-ed pages, I couldn't take it any more.

Didn't like the fact that McCain got six op-eds published in the past few years?