ACLU In Action

Manscape

Guest Guest
Thank God for President Bush. By monitoring phone calls he's catching terrorists who would kill us. I have no problem with anyone

knowing I'm ordering a pizza or anything else.

"Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." --Ben Franklin

You're pathetic.

Guest Guest
Thank God for President Bush. By monitoring phone calls he's catching terrorists who would kill us. I have no problem with anyone

Thank God?

Thank the nitwits who voted for the idiot, God had NOTHING to do with it and is probably quite disappointed with the stupidity of his creations.

We're not surprised you don't care if people know you're ordering a pizza, you've demonstrated time and time again youdon't care if people know how hopelessly delusional and out of touch with reality you are.

Guest Guest

In the Kool-Aid infused world of the loony leftists, keeping your pizza orders secret are apparently more important than uncovering terrorist

plots. I gladly welcome anyone that wants to listen to my conversations with my Aunt Millie, pizza orders and oil change appointments to knock

themselves out. If it uncovers and prevents any terrorist activity, we're all winners (except in the paranoid mind of Manscum).

Guest Guest
In the Kool-Aid infused world of the loony leftists, keeping your pizza orders secret are apparently more important than uncovering terrorist

plots.

You're allowed to wiretap whoever you want; just get a warrant within 72 hours. That's perfectly fair. Unlimited warrantless wiretapping on all Americans is a disgrace to what this country is supposed to stand for. We're not a police state, and all you scared little muppets ought to understand that before you throw all your freedoms away for nothing.

Guest Keith

plots. I gladly welcome anyone that wants to listen to my conversations with my Aunt Millie, pizza orders and oil change appointments to knock

themselves out. If it uncovers and prevents any terrorist activity, we're all winners (except in the paranoid mind of Manscum).

It never had anything to do with catching terrorists and FISA made ample provisions for emergency monitoring and granted retroactive warrants. Warrantless wiretapping is another beast all together. Now they can listen to anyone at anytime with no warrant which means they can and will listen in on any and all political opponents and then react accordindly(cover thier asses). You think that is ok. You have been played like a punk. This administration you love so much doesn't give a shit about you at all and and have banked banked on attitudes like yours to run roughshod over our constitution. Congratulations, your complicity with this adminstration has done far more damage to our nation and our constitution than any terrorists could possibly dream of. Who's the real terrorists here?

Guest Guest

In the first place, the government can uncover terrorist plots without spying on every citizen. So for starters, your premise is wrong.

Obviously you haven't studied the history of dictatorships, or our American history under a written Constitution with a Bill of Rights. When the government can listen in on your pizza order, they can also listen in on your discussions with your political allies. That doesn't mean just terrorists, it means any political group, including Friends of the Earth, AARP or anyone else.

The history of dictatorships tells us that authoritarian governments make up reasons to put people who don't agree with them in prison and keep them there. In dictatorships, people are taken from their homes in the middle of the night and never heard from again. They're not given trials or access to counsel. If there is any trial at all, it's just for show.

The reason the Framers of our Constitution included a Bill of Rights was because they understood the history of government's abuses of power. They understood that power corrupts even the best of public officials, and that there is no such thing as freedom without individual freedom. That is why the Bill of Rights prevents unreasonable searches or intrusions into each citizen's personal life without sufficient reason. The burden to show a reason is on the government. If you don't like it, you're free to move to a country where they do things your way, like Cuba, China or Iran.

In the past seven years, the Bush administration has undermined the Bill of Rights. They have chipped away at habeas corpus, the Fourth Amendment and the First Amendment. Recent Republican presidents have broken the 200-year-old history of an independent judiciary and appointed right-wing ideologues. One more of them on the Supreme Court, and the Constitution will be interpreted away by the Supreme Court, the right wing version of legislating from the bench. When Bush wanted to go into Iraq, anyone who disagreed with him was called unpatriotic. The news media, America's Fourth Estate, were given orders by their corporate bosses not to question the war too loudly. We have already taken the first steps toward dictatorship.

Apparently you think that the world will be safer if all governments are dictatorships. All that proves is that you don't understand power.

You probably think it can't happen in the United States of America. You're wrong.

Guest Guest

In the delusional world of the NeoConfused the delusions of grandeur of an "all hat, no cattle" cowboy are apparently much more important than the Constitution.

IF you welcome total disregard of the Constitution you may as well bend over now, there'll be a lot more coming at you. I see no sense in allegedly fighting for American values halfway around the world when it's apparent the real fight is at home.

I find it hard to believe anyone could be as dumb and ignorant as you. I suspect you're just a troll who likes to aggravate and get attention.

Guest Guest

"Those Who Would Sacrifice Liberty for Security Deserve Neither." ---Ben Franklin

That sound you hear these hot summer days isn't thunder but people like Frankin rolling in their graves, astounded at the sheep-like behavior of people cowering under their beds and buying into the fear-mongering of the Bush-league administration.

The ghost of the drunk Senator from Wisconsin is on the other hand just laughing at the gullibility of you cowards.

Guest 2smart4u
Thank God?

Thank the nitwits who voted for the idiot, God had NOTHING to do with it and is probably quite disappointed with the stupidity of his creations.

We're not surprised you don't care if people know you're ordering a pizza, you've demonstrated time and time again youdon't care if people know how hopelessly delusional and out of touch with reality you are.

"We're not surprised you don't care if people know you're ordering a pizza". How much Kool-Aid do you have to drink before you start

thinking like this.

Guest Guest

Why do you hate the Constitution?

Guest Guest
"We're not surprised you don't care if people know you're ordering a pizza". How much Kool-Aid do you have to drink before you start

thinking like this.

2dim will be singing a different tune once it's not his party doing the warrantless wiretapping. Then he'd piss and moan all over the place, mark my words.

Guest Guest

thinking like this.

The only thing I know about Kool-Aid is the ASININE remarks coming from twits like you and the REMF PatRat.

Guest Guest
2dim will be singing a different tune once it's not his party doing the warrantless wiretapping. Then he'd piss and moan all over the place, mark my words.

Huh ????

Guest Guest
Huh ????

Okay, let me try to put it in terms you would understand:

2dim only doesn't care about this because he's not a political opponent of these criminals, and therefore not one of their targets.

Guest Guest
Okay, let me try to put it in terms you would understand:

2dim only doesn't care about this because he's not a political opponent of these criminals, and therefore not one of their targets.

That makes absolutely no sense. You should stick to your comic books, they're more your speed.

Guest Guest
That makes absolutely no sense.

Tell that to the lawyers who were rejected for government jobs just because they had "Democratic leanings". If you think this administration isn't willing to make life harder for their political opponents, then you're not paying attention to reality.

Guest Guest
Tell that to the lawyers who were rejected for government jobs just because they had "Democratic leanings". If you think this administration isn't willing to make life harder for their political opponents, then you're not paying attention to reality.

What ?? That's utter nonsense. Sounds like you gets your news from the loony leftist (Bush bombed the WTC) bloggers.

Guest Guest

Are you so ignorant, stupid and naive to believe that Defeatocratic administrations hire Republicans, or Republican administrations hire Defeatocrats?

Guest Guest
Are you so ignorant, stupid and naive to believe that Defeatocratic administrations hire Republicans, or Republican administrations hire Defeatocrats?

Feel free to cite me the Clinton administration, for example, doing the same as I just showed the Bush administration doing.

See, I'm not "so ignorant, stupid and naive" to buy your claim without proof. So prove it, or admit you're full of shit.

Guest Guest
Feel free to cite me the Clinton administration, for example, doing the same as I just showed the Bush administration doing.

See, I'm not "so ignorant, stupid and naive" to buy your claim without proof. So prove it, or admit you're full of shit.

We won't be seeing an answer because it's true. The Clinton administration reached across the aisle. Bush and the neocons are like dictators. They're practicing the politics of division and hatred, along with their cheerleaders (Limbaugh, Coulter and other masters of verbal vomit) and their ditto-heads - wow, what a surprise.