Recreation Facility

Guest *speedy1*

Guest *speedy1*

Yesterday on my way to work, I noticed the empty site at Schulyer & Quincy Ave's, anyway, that would have made a great recreation area for our families here in Kearny. Remember Kearny Pool? well, the area could hold an olympic size pool, with a sunbathing area, picnic tables and play areas, also restrooms and a concession stand. Why not! It would only be for Kearny Residents who provide a valid address with paid rental slips or mortgage info, and the yearly badges could be sent to the home. To enter you would have to provide a badge and a current photo ID, I know it sounds a little crazy, buit it would help out with some of the tax burden, by collecting money for the season badges ( maybe $200-$300 per year) depending on income or something like that, the concession stand could bring in revenue also, what do you think?

Guest Guest
Yesterday on my way to work, I noticed the empty site at Schulyer & Quincy Ave's, anyway, that would have made a great recreation area for our families here in Kearny. Remember Kearny Pool? well, the area could hold an olympic size pool, with a sunbathing area, picnic tables and play areas, also restrooms and a concession stand. Why not! It would only be for Kearny Residents who provide a valid address with paid rental slips or mortgage info, and the yearly badges could be sent to the home. To enter you would have to provide a badge and a current photo ID, I know it sounds a little crazy, buit it would help out with some of the tax burden, by collecting money for the season badges ( maybe $200-$300 per year) depending on income or something like that, the concession stand could bring in revenue also, what do you think?

It will take a lot of money and time to remediate the site.

Guest Guest

Great idea!!!

I like the idea but think it's to costly a venture. The hazardous soil remediation could cost several million dollars, add to that the site would have to be raised to street level. Left at the elevation that it is now the pool would have to be drained after each rain storm and refilled. Being that close to the meadow's would create a critter problem. And the liability insurance oy vey would cost the town a million + yearly. I like the idea but cost wise is'nt feasible.

Guest *speedy1*
And then when its construction and maintenance raise taxes, everyone will complain.

That is something that would have to be looked into, as I said, it would bring in revenue and eventually pay for itself. I know that it would cost alot of money to establish this, but they could also look into sponsers a.k.a. investors. We spend alot of money on all of the different ball fields for the sports kids, this would be a family place, like in Paramus " The Old Mill " swim club, I took my children there for years, because the cost of going down the shore was outrageous. The whole conception would have to be monitored, town families would have to proove residency, and restrict the amount of guests per family ( at an additional cost) a daily badge for instance. This could be a wonderful thing for Kearny, the most important thing is families spending quality time together, and there would be something for everyone, a volley ball net, ping pong tables, a music hut with a small dance floor, these are things that they had in Old Mill, and there was never any crime or violence there in the 30yrs that I was going there. Just envison, a man made lake or pool, then a sunbathing area around the water, then a picnic area, playground area with swings and things, just think about spending time ther with your families, let me know your opinions, maybe we could approach the mayor and town council with this idea!

I would like to know where the 2nd reply I made is, I thought this was a forum, where we get to say whats on our minds, why bother having a forum if you do not print what we write. My response had only suggestions and visual dreams of what that site could be, there were no foul words or any nasty remarks, I would like to know why it wasn't posted. I wrote it on July 6th, can you please respond!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest poster boy
I would like to know where the 2nd reply I made is, I thought this was a forum, where we get to say whats on our minds, why bother having a forum if you do not print what we write. My response had only suggestions and visual dreams of what that site could be, there were no foul words or any nasty remarks, I would like to know why it wasn't posted. I wrote it on July 6th, can you please respond!

To get your posts up here in a timely manner, you have to be posting about the war or Mr. P or Religion. Anything that has to do with Kearny comes last.