Gas Thefts or Attempts

KHS81

Wednesday morning when I was leaving for work, I did my usual walk around my wifes car. I noticed the window frame just above the drivers door handle had been tampered with. The amatures tried to pry open the molding with a screw driver in an attempt to enter the car to release the Gas tank fill door. I had the KPD down at the house to look at the car and was informed by the officer that this is becoming a frequent problem in town. The officer further informed me that in some cases the thieves are trying to pry the gas doors open. Some of the morons even think they PSE&G gas caps in the sidewalk contain gas the vehicle kind, the officer told us that about 2 dozen caps have been popped around town and in some cases the siphon hoses were still there. Is this what we've become as a society, when we can't afford gas we steal it?

Guest Guest
Wednesday morning when I was leaving for work, I did my usual walk around my wifes car. I noticed the window frame just above the drivers door handle had been tampered with. The amatures tried to pry open the molding with a screw driver in an attempt to enter the car to release the Gas tank fill door. I had the KPD down at the house to look at the car and was informed by the officer that this is becoming a frequent problem in town. The officer further informed me that in some cases the thieves are trying to pry the gas doors open. Some of the morons even think they PSE&G gas caps in the sidewalk contain gas the vehicle kind, the officer told us that about 2 dozen caps have been popped around town and in some cases the siphon hoses were still there. Is this what we've become as a society, when we can't afford gas we steal it?

I heard reports of people (not in Kearny) stealing manhole covers to sell for the $10-15 they give as scrap metal just to pay for gas.

"Mission Accomplished!!', as represented by aviator CHIMPEROO on the USS Lincoln.

Heck.......POTUS Mighty Monkus Mond invaded Iraq to steal the oil setting quite an example for all the little primates looking for a lil "go juice" here in Security Homeland........might makes right, right? (and stealth too)

Guest Guest

I know one person who won't be needing to steal some gasoline. I love all the comments about gas prices from Mayor Santos. Last week he was in the paper lauding how Kearny had fuel economical cars and was interested in purchasing more. This week he is stating that higher gas prices are good because people will stay closer to home for work and shopping. Ironic for a guy who gets free gasoline at taxpayer's expense. He for sure won't need to be siphoning gas for his county paid car. The car comes with free gasoline and insurance. It's fuel economy isn't that great either.

Remember the 70's and locking gas caps. It is time to invest in locking gas cap companies we are going to need them.

Guest guest
I know one person who won't be needing to steal some gasoline. I love all the comments about gas prices from Mayor Santos. Last week he was in the paper lauding how Kearny had fuel economical cars and was interested in purchasing more. This week he is stating that higher gas prices are good because people will stay closer to home for work and shopping. Ironic for a guy who gets free gasoline at taxpayer's expense. He for sure won't need to be siphoning gas for his county paid car. The car comes with free gasoline and insurance. It's fuel economy isn't that great either.

Remember the 70's and locking gas caps. It is time to invest in locking gas cap companies we are going to need them.

You think Santos could fill up at the county and then let us citizens siphon some gas from his tank. This could be some tax relief for those of us whose taxes went up and now are going to be stable. It is like the 50% off sale when they raise the price then offer 50% off. The Mayor raised our taxes last fiscal year and now is not going to raise them because they are stable. What a bullshitter. He has become a great politican. Distort the facts to your advantage. Mayro, lower my county tax bill by giving up the free car, insurance and gasoline and take a 10% cut in your salary and ask all the other Freeloaders to do the same starting with Al Cifelli. Al gets a car, insrurance, and free gas. Does he really need to be mouching off the taxpayers dollar.