I Am So Tired Of Multiple Car Houses

speedy1

I know this is like beating a dead horse to death, but today I was home from work, it was street cleaning on the opposite side of the street, I sat and watched a new neighbor, 6mo or so, come home right after the sweeper and move four cars to the other side as soon as the sweeper left. I live in my house for over twenty seven years I don't have a driveway so I need that spot on my block, I have one car for both myself and spouse, this house I am speaking about is a three family with 8 cars, where am I suppose to park when I come home?, this guy has for sale signs on two cars, ( for about 3mo) I do not feel that this is fair. I would like to know why the town can not issue two parking permits for each home and 1 each tenant per multiple dwelling.How many of you are in my position? :)

Guest Guest
I know this is like beating a dead horse to death, but today I was home from work, it was street cleaning on the opposite side of the street, I sat and watched a new neighbor, 6mo or so, come home right after the sweeper and move four cars to the other side as soon as the sweeper left. I live in my house for over twenty seven years I don't have a driveway so I need that spot on my block, I have one car for both myself and spouse, this house I am speaking about is a three family with 8 cars, where am I suppose to park when I come home?, this guy has for sale signs on two cars, ( for about 3mo) I do not feel that this is fair. I would like to know why the town can not issue two parking permits for each home and 1 each tenant per multiple dwelling.How many of you are in my position? :)

I share your frustration. Where I live, some of the people have very long driveways but yet they park their cars on the street.

Not one car, but two or three.

Not right!

You have a driveway use it.

I find it very selfish to say the least.

I share your frustration, only you can't limit tenants to 1 parking permit. I have 2 cars my wife's and mine. She has the typical 9 to 5 job while my work schedule is very flexible. I've been after various town aministrations for the last 15 years to put in place parking permits that would place a limit of no more than 2 per household. Those with driveways and out of state plates would not be eligible for permits. I repeatedly get the same two responses each time. " We will look into it" or " We are looking into it". If you have a neighbor that has 2 cars with for sale signs in them I'd call the KPD and report them for running a used car business.I belive there's a town ordinance that limits the number of cars you can sell on the street to one at a time or register as a business

I share your frustration, only you can't limit tenants to 1 parking permit. I have 2 cars my wife's and mine. She has the typical 9 to 5 job while my work schedule is very flexible. I've been after various town aministrations for the last 15 years to put in place parking permits that would place a limit of no more than 2 per household. Those with driveways and out of state plates would not be eligible for permits. I repeatedly get the same two responses each time. " We will look into it" or " We are looking into it". If you have a neighbor that has 2 cars with for sale signs in them I'd call the KPD and report them for running a used car business.I belive there's a town ordinance that limits the number of cars you can sell on the street to one at a time or register as a business

Thank you, your idea seems to sound better than mine, but there again, if I have a four family next door then there would be 8 cars, I can only pray that the message gets to the town hall, enough is enough, there are more people moving in than moving out

Guest Jimbojones

Guest Jimbojones

Let me get this straight the person that has a driveway and pays more taxes than you do for that driveway should be banned from parking on the street? This in your mind is fair? Face it you choose to live in one of the most densely populated parts of the State, which is the most densely populated State in the Country! Do the math, stop your whining, get a drive way or move.

Signed A proud owner of A driveway and paying for it

Let me get this straight the person that has a driveway and pays more taxes than you do for that driveway should be banned from parking on the street? This in your mind is fair? Face it you choose to live in one of the most densely populated parts of the State, which is the most densely populated State in the Country! Do the math, stop your whining, get a drive way or move.

Well goody for you. You have a driveway I also pay taxe's to the tune of $33,000 per year to the Town of Kearny for 3 properties. If you have a driveway use it then thats what it's there for. Why be greedy and take up parking that someone else who has no driveway could use.I'll bet your one of those people who park across your own driveway. I hope one of your neighbors calls the KPD and gets you ticketed for that small infraction.

Really!, well let me tell you something, I pay more than $7---- in taxes, and that is unfair, but you are probly one of thosae people that park on the street. that is selfish, my spouse is disabled and can not walk more than 20 or do feet so yes, I am whinning, why should she suffer for ass---es like you

Guest jimbojones
Well goody for you. You have a driveway I also pay taxe's to the tune of $33,000 per year to the Town of Kearny for 3 properties. If you have a driveway use it then thats what it's there for. Why be greedy and take up parking that someone else who has no driveway could use.I'll bet your one of those people who park across your own driveway. I hope one of your neighbors calls the KPD and gets you ticketed for that small infraction.

Dear 81

Never in my post did I state that I didn't use my driveway!!! What I take exception with is the suggestion that people with driveways be denied a permit to park on the street, this is the policy endorsed by YOU.

I would imagine that any such policy, denying a tax paying home owning resident a permit to park on the street simply because they happen to have a driveway would be immediatley challenged and defeated in court. So if you could afford $33,000 in property taxes buy yourself a driveway and stop your WHINING!

Dear 81

Never in my post did I state that I didn't use my driveway!!! What I take exception with is the suggestion that people with driveways be denied a permit to park on the street, this is the policy endorsed by YOU.

I would imagine that any such policy, denying a tax paying home owning resident a permit to park on the street simply because they happen to have a driveway would be immediatley challenged and defeated in court. So if you could afford $33,000 in property taxes buy yourself a driveway and stop your WHINING!

So where should I put a driveway on a 6 family apartment building. I know I'll take the 1st floor and turn it into a driveway, I'll fill in the basement and force my tenants to put their furnance and hot water heaters into thier apartments. Yep that'll work. I could take this to the zoning board for their OK only I don't think my neighbors would like the taking of 2 more spaces off the street. I have 2 family homes on my street with garages and driveways yet those people park on the street, so wy should'nt they be forced to use their driveways.

Guest Guest
how about the fly by night contractors that park their out of state vans on the street that are supposed to be registered as commercial vehicles and never get ticketed?

What is the point of ticketing them when Your Judge Dismisses them immediately?? They dont even have to show up for court anymore, all they have to do is send in a form letter and He Dismisses them. Cop freind of mine showed me the records on 30 tickets he wrote for Commercials when i asked them why the cops werent writing them anymore. 5 were for commercially-registered plates. Those were all paid by the owners. The others, all 25, were dismissed by the court. all of them were plain, white vans with no side windows, no interiors, and tools and equipment in the back, all documented on his copies of the tickets. None of them even went to court. The Mayor anc Council knew this..yet they signed Doyle up for another contract..THEN have the balls to complain that the court is losing money..maybe because of all the fines the Judge throws awya every week???

Guest jimbojones
So where should I put a driveway on a 6 family apartment building. I know I'll take the 1st floor and turn it into a driveway, I'll fill in the basement and force my tenants to put their furnance and hot water heaters into thier apartments. Yep that'll work. I could take this to the zoning board for their OK only I don't think my neighbors would like the taking of 2 more spaces off the street. I have 2 family homes on my street with garages and driveways yet those people park on the street, so wy should'nt they be forced to use their driveways.

No I have a better idea why don't you knock those six family eyesores down build a couple of nice single family homes with DRIVEWAYS and help everyone out! Problem solved. Oh and I will still let you park on the street.

Guest guest
Really!, well let me tell you something, I pay more than $7---- in taxes, and that is unfair, but you are probly one of thosae people that park on the street. that is selfish, my spouse is disabled and can not walk more than 20 or do feet so yes, I am whinning, why should she suffer for ass---es like you

Can't you apply for a handicaped sign parking space in front of your home for your wife? I'm surprised you haven't check that out yet.

Can't you apply for a handicaped sign parking space in front of your home for your wife? I'm surprised you haven't check that out yet.

:P Thank you, yes we are in the process of doing that now, and hopefully it will be soon

Guest Guest

As someone who has a driveway, with 3 people who drive, I am allowed to park on the street if I please. One of the members of the house leaves for work at 6am, and gets home earliest..which results in 2 cars being parked behind the first car for the night. I should not be put out and have to wake up at 6am to move my car out of my driveway for the car that is leaving at 6am..so, I park on the street. If you wanted to secure a parking space, you probably should have purchased a home that has a driveway. My property taxes are paying for my driveway, yours are not. Thus, the street is public, and I will continue to park on the street.

(Mind you, this is a single family home with 3 drivers).

Guest Charlie Brown
As someone who has a driveway, with 3 people who drive, I am allowed to park on the street if I please. One of the members of the house leaves for work at 6am, and gets home earliest..which results in 2 cars being parked behind the first car for the night. I should not be put out and have to wake up at 6am to move my car out of my driveway for the car that is leaving at 6am..so, I park on the street. If you wanted to secure a parking space, you probably should have purchased a home that has a driveway. My property taxes are paying for my driveway, yours are not. Thus, the street is public, and I will continue to park on the street.

(Mind you, this is a single family home with 3 drivers).

I'm glad you got that off your chest...I hope you feel much better now.

Good Grief!

Charlier Brown

Guest *dgas*
I know this is like beating a dead horse to death, but today I was home from work, it was street cleaning on the opposite side of the street, I sat and watched a new neighbor, 6mo or so, come home right after the sweeper and move four cars to the other side as soon as the sweeper left. I live in my house for over twenty seven years I don't have a driveway so I need that spot on my block, I have one car for both myself and spouse, this house I am speaking about is a three family with 8 cars, where am I suppose to park when I come home?, this guy has for sale signs on two cars, ( for about 3mo) I do not feel that this is fair. I would like to know why the town can not issue two parking permits for each home and 1 each tenant per multiple dwelling.How many of you are in my position? :lol:

I have several kids who commute to school and live home. As a taxpayer in town as you are----should I be limited to how many cars I own in a one family house? How is that fair????