Flames

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The Harrison Fire Dept. should only keep the minimum number necessary to run the ambulance. If anybody else wants to stay, they should only make about $10,000.00 a year. How many fires have there been in Harrison this year? "O" is the number. They are just not needed. Their budget per year is much higher than the cops. It is a part time job that anyone can really do. The Police budget also carries the dispatchers and crossing guards. When you add that up it is even more appauling. They HFD sleep all night and watch TV all day, and this is a big chunk of your taxes that are going way up this year which comes right out of thr residents pockets. Captains, batallion chiefs, deputy chiefs, and a chief that has nothing to do except think of how he can rip off the town more such as FEMA coordinator which is like $15,000.00 more for him. If it was a legit business it would have gonr bankrupt years ago. Just strike a deal with Kearny to cover a fire is there is one and councilman Dollarhan can put the new years dumpster fire at the Gardens with a garden hose. This issue should be voted on by the residents. In addition, they only have one ***** black fireman who ** *** *** ******** ****** ** *** ***, but he serves the purpose. There are also no hispanics. Make this a done deal and in two years the idiots of the awesome redevelopement will have the money to fix the gas pipe blunder. An actual real police station independent from town hall should be built. It is neglect at its worst. Those are my opinions.

Guest Guest
The Harrison Fire Dept. should only keep the minimum number necessary to run the ambulance. If anybody else wants to stay, they should only make about $10,000.00 a year. How many fires have there been in Harrison this year? "O" is the number. They are just not needed. Their budget per year is much higher than the cops. It is a part time job that anyone can really do. The Police budget also carries the dispatchers and crossing guards. When you add that up it is even more appauling. They HFD sleep all night and watch TV all day, and this is a big chunk of your taxes that are going way up this year which comes right out of thr residents pockets. Captains, batallion chiefs, deputy chiefs, and a chief that has nothing to do except think of how he can rip off the town more such as FEMA coordinator which is like $15,000.00 more for him. If it was a legit business it would have gonr bankrupt years ago. Just strike a deal with Kearny to cover a fire is there is one and councilman Dollarhan can put the new years dumpster fire at the Gardens with a garden hose. This issue should be voted on by the residents. In addition, they only have one ***** black fireman who ** *** *** ******** ****** ** *** ***, but he serves the purpose. There are also no hispanics. Make this a done deal and in two years the idiots of the awesome redevelopement will have the money to fix the gas pipe blunder. An actual real police station independent from town hall should be built. It is neglect at its worst. Those are my opinions.

jr where the hell were you at the meeting? i didn't see you there stumbling over your words. EXACTLY! your just your typical hassion wannabe spewing the first sh*t that comes to play. if the hpd budget is so bad then open your pothole and see beth and the derek about it. don't play off your wisdom b/c you sound stupid. maybe you should review the police budget and see those unnecessary classes the elite take those unnecessary items they seem to purchase for display.bottomline your an a-hole

Guest Guest

You want your ass covered for EMS but not for a fire if you do have a fire I hope you will call KFD wait. Our Fire Dept. is very important not only for EMS but there is always a chance of a raging fire and I am sure you would want them there. Want to talk about the HPD now? Mostly the DB take them away and look at the savings! Don't forget HARRISON HAS NO CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Replies fromt two more products of Harrison High who cannot complete a full sentence. Chief Kearns has nothing to do with the budget, he is just a paper figure at the top. Shut up and pay your tax and water bills once they calculate the increase and be a good boy.

Guest Guest
How many fires have there been in Harrison this year? "O" is the number.

I guess the brush fires that happened last week and last month were not really fires, D**ba**!

Guest Guest
I guess the brush fires that happened last week and last month were not really fires, D**ba**!

I guess you don't know where the town line is at a-hole that was kearny's fire and they handled it without drowning or calling in special forces!! idiots! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Guest Guest

like those dogs you managed to save too right? anything for the papers amazing paper will hold all the sh*t you throw at it! :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol: they knew enough to swim tk

Guest Guest
Replies fromt two more products of Harrison High who cannot complete a full sentence. Chief Kearns has nothing to do with the budget, he is just a paper figure at the top. Shut up and pay your tax and water bills once they calculate the increase and be a good boy.

looks like you can't spell nor put a sentence together yourself! furthermore, it was kearns who brought in the dca douche bag. now ........who's stupid and clueless! :lol::rolleyes:

Guest Guest

You think it is strange to want EMS but not the FD? In my opinion it makes perfect sense. People need hospital transport, especially the seniors, but what are the fire engines good for in the H? It would not take any more time to beat the HFD to a fire as I have seen them arrive simultaneously with the FDJC. Thats like 7 miles. Brush fires? You have got to be kidding! There is nothing of value to save so they might have been better to burn themselves out. Wait a minute! Brush Fire Captain. A new captain title you have not thought of yet. The EMS can work from the ambulance so it does not need a building. The 7th St. clubhouse should be made into a police Station, and the Cleveland Ave. clubhouse sold. All the fire equiptment and the engines could be sold at a premium. They have only really been used to transport food from Pathmark so the town should get a good buck. If it makes you feel better, Powell can bring his little plastic toy fire engine to work and put it on the Mayors desk. You babies at the FD are very lucky to even have jobs in this economy so shut up before someone that is over the Mayors head decides to do something about it. I hear they are already kicking around the idea at levels higher than you think. Don't buy that new Escalade yet.

Guest Embarrassed for harrison
You think it is strange to want EMS but not the FD? In my opinion it makes perfect sense. People need hospital transport, especially the seniors, but what are the fire engines good for in the H? It would not take any more time to beat the HFD to a fire as I have seen them arrive simultaneously with the FDJC. Thats like 7 miles. Brush fires? You have got to be kidding! There is nothing of value to save so they might have been better to burn themselves out. Wait a minute! Brush Fire Captain. A new captain title you have not thought of yet. The EMS can work from the ambulance so it does not need a building. The 7th St. clubhouse should be made into a police Station, and the Cleveland Ave. clubhouse sold. All the fire equiptment and the engines could be sold at a premium. They have only really been used to transport food from Pathmark so the town should get a good buck. If it makes you feel better, Powell can bring his little plastic toy fire engine to work and put it on the Mayors desk. You babies at the FD are very lucky to even have jobs in this economy so shut up before someone that is over the Mayors head decides to do something about it. I hear they are already kicking around the idea at levels higher than you think. Don't buy that new Escalade yet.

It appears that a few deeply bitter and ignorant HPD members continue to attack their fellow Civil Servants from the Fire department on this Board. The overwhelming majority from both Departments respect each other and their respective Professions, hopefully those individuals who spew reckless nonsense from their laptops will contact the employee assistance program for help. Please remember that mental health is prerequisite to wear the uniform and by the way "holster a weapon"

Guest Guest
jr where the hell were you at the meeting? i didn't see you there stumbling over your words. EXACTLY! your just your typical hassion wannabe spewing the first sh*t that comes to play. if the hpd budget is so bad then open your pothole and see beth and the derek about it. don't play off your wisdom b/c you sound stupid. maybe you should review the police budget and see those unnecessary classes the elite take those unnecessary items they seem to purchase for display.bottomline your an a-hole

He didn't sound stupid to me! Most intelligent thing I have heard in a long time. You must be one of the lazy fireman who get paid to watch tv and sleep!

Guest Guest

A brushfire Captain. Now thats a great idea. Is the next guy on the HFD promotional list related to anyone? If he is he's probably gonna be making about $20,000 more each year, but who cares, they will just tax the residents for it anyway. There goes your govt. rebate check down the drain. Harrison being the next Hoboken. This guy Barry must be hitting the pipe with a vengence. The Passaic is not the Hudson with great views of Manhatten. It don't hurt to dream, but he must be be a little crazy.

Guest Guest

It is my opinion that the residents of Harrison should peacefully protest in front of town hall for the right to fight the tax increses coming out in the next bills. If Harrison sold the water dept. several years ago, why do we still have a water dept. with the head guy making 102k a year. The Library staff, many town hall positions, and the fire department, the biggest offender of all, should be given serious attention. Why does a part-time Mayor need two secretaries with a combined salary of @ 250k. Post the job, review applications, and the town could get a great secretary for @ 50k. How do you people put up with this crap. What does councilman Dollarhan do for 125k? He is never in town. He really has no job but picking up his check and making sure his family members get promoted. Why does the fire dept. need a secretary. If a group of Wharton Business School graduates were given a week to justify this job they couldn't come up with an answer. Tom Powell is only employed because he kisses the Mayors butt and may have a ******** ******** ** ***. This is where your massive tax money is going. They think Harrison is going to be the next Hoboken when the finest dining establishment in Harrison is Burger King and from the looks of things it may as well close sooner than later because nobody is ever in there. Maybe the 140k per year head of the health dept. can give lectures on nutrition to the people. She has about 5 assistants.

Guest EXIT 63
looks like you can't spell nor put a sentence together yourself! furthermore, it was kearns who brought in the dca douche bag. now ........who's stupid and clueless! :excl::lol:

iTS cHIEF kEARNS TO YOU. wHY WOULD HE BRIONG IN THE dca, THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR OVER 7 YEARS. sO, GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE AND SHUT UP.

Guest Guest

It is now almost 4 months into 2008 and the HFD has still not done a minutes work. The EMS is a seperate entity so don't count that. 58 children in two clubhouses, lots of expensive equiptment and for what? They are just collecting a check for no work. Still think the town neeeds them? My opinion is NO, NOT AT ALL. Many are making 100k a year. McMole should start the layoffs ASAP from this cash cow but doesn't have the guts or the brains. They just feel so brave that the think they can justify their "jobs." One incident in 2001 glorified them with their chests all puffed out but that memory has faded fast and I am proud to say I did not contribute 1 penny to their "fill the boot" begathon. Laying off these slugs could greatly lower your taxes in this recession. It could pay for the rising costs of gas and food. They highlight this issue as being a non-essential service. They are not feeling the economic crunch like the low class peasants in the H. It's always 5 o'clock at the clubhouse.

Guest ECDE1D

I say one or two people from every dept gets layoff and that would save us alot of money,plus it will be equal so they can't say they went after certain ones.

Guest Guest
It is now almost 4 months into 2008 and the HFD has still not done a minutes work. The EMS is a seperate entity so don't count that. 58 children in two clubhouses, lots of expensive equiptment and for what? They are just collecting a check for no work. Still think the town neeeds them? My opinion is NO, NOT AT ALL. Many are making 100k a year. McMole should start the layoffs ASAP from this cash cow but doesn't have the guts or the brains. They just feel so brave that the think they can justify their "jobs." One incident in 2001 glorified them with their chests all puffed out but that memory has faded fast and I am proud to say I did not contribute 1 penny to their "fill the boot" begathon. Laying off these slugs could greatly lower your taxes in this recession. It could pay for the rising costs of gas and food. They highlight this issue as being a non-essential service. They are not feeling the economic crunch like the low class peasants in the H. It's always 5 o'clock at the clubhouse.

You know everybody on here is entitled to your opinion and for you to express your's about the HFD is your right as an american. But for you to throw a shot in about 9/11 and how your so proud to say you didn't contribute to a "begathon" for those brave men and womens families from the FDNY that gave there lives that day just shows how much a of a dirt bag you are. You have no guts saying such garbage sitting behind your computer but if you were in a public forum where people could see your pathetic, meek little self you would be sitting in the corner with your hands neatly folded not saying a word. For now though you can say "yeah I got them, my post on kotw ruled!" Get a life loser.

Guest Guest
You know everybody on here is entitled to your opinion and for you to express your's about the HFD is your right as an american. But for you to throw a shot in about 9/11 and how your so proud to say you didn't contribute to a "begathon" for those brave men and womens families from the FDNY that gave there lives that day just shows how much a of a dirt bag you are. You have no guts saying such garbage sitting behind your computer but if you were in a public forum where people could see your pathetic, meek little self you would be sitting in the corner with your hands neatly folded not saying a word. For now though you can say "yeah I got them, my post on kotw ruled!" Get a life loser.

I am Tom Powell , I can say or do whatever the heck I want because the mayor allows me to. And as far as the HFD I say who goes and stays. So for your information you now know who your boss is.

Guest Guest
I am Tom Powell , I can say or do whatever the heck I want because the mayor allows me to. And as far as the HFD I say who goes and stays. So for your information you now know who your boss is.

Well Tommy boy atleast everybody knows how much of a scum bag you are now. And for you information your not my boss little man for I am not a member of the HFD.

Guest Guest

Almost May and still the HFD has not done a thing. A firemans job is a gift from God because it is easier than any other job I can think about. The bravest, what a bunch of crap. You should be ashamed of yourself for ripping off the people who actually work for a living. NO O.T., grab a boot and let the begging begin. Please give me money, please, like a homeless beggar. No pride or dignity at all.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Hey Guest, next time you're on days stop in the firehouse for lunch. You like steak and lobster ?? There's

usually more than we can finish, we'll even give you a little doggie bag you can take home to the wife.

Guest Guest

Typical firemen. Always thinking about themselves and a suggestion was made that if the O.T. has stopped they can always grab some boots and beg for money like in 2001 to make their families multimillionaires for what? People take this job because it is part time, pays way out of line for what it is, and rest and relaxation over a 24 sleeping festival. Most would be working for minimum wage if McMole and F.E.R. didn't subvert the testing system in Harrison and the state. If a private firm took over the FD, like the town selling it off to get a cash infusions, the layoffs would be severe and immediate. The private sector would not take their crap. The little danger there is well known when they take the job so if they get hurt why do they feel they have the right to beg for money. They get their pension and medical just like the cops. A cop would never disgrace his family by begging like a junkie for money. Just because the town council cancelled the 9-11 memorial the HFD could have had it anyway but were happy because now they didn't have to make up an excuse to come to town on one of their many days off and not get paid. If you truly cared for your deceased "brothers" you could have done something. The truth is that its only the dollar that you seek, not brotherhood or compassion. You make me sick. Thats my opinion.

Guest Guest
Almost May and still the HFD has not done a thing. A firemans job is a gift from God because it is easier than any other job I can think about. The bravest, what a bunch of crap. You should be ashamed of yourself for ripping off the people who actually work for a living. NO O.T., grab a boot and let the begging begin. Please give me money, please, like a homeless beggar. No pride or dignity at all.

You really are half a retard arent you?

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Typical firemen. Always thinking about themselves and a suggestion was made that if the O.T. has stopped they can always grab some boots and beg for money like in 2001 to make their families multimillionaires for what? People take this job because it is part time, pays way out of line for what it is, and rest and relaxation over a 24 sleeping festival. Most would be working for minimum wage if McMole and F.E.R. didn't subvert the testing system in Harrison and the state. If a private firm took over the FD, like the town selling it off to get a cash infusions, the layoffs would be severe and immediate. The private sector would not take their crap. The little danger there is well known when they take the job so if they get hurt why do they feel they have the right to beg for money. They get their pension and medical just like the cops. A cop would never disgrace his family by begging like a junkie for money. Just because the town council cancelled the 9-11 memorial the HFD could have had it anyway but were happy because now they didn't have to make up an excuse to come to town on one of their many days off and not get paid. If you truly cared for your deceased "brothers" you could have done something. The truth is that its only the dollar that you seek, not brotherhood or compassion. You make me sick. Thats my opinion.

Such anger from a brother public safety officer, tsk, tsk. Have lunch with us when you're on days, we'll

cook you a big steak and shrimp cocktail and we can talk about the foreign object you have stuck up your

butt that's causing all your hostility. We'll also coach you so you can take the next FF exam.

Guest Rose Busch

I remember the firemen were collecting after 9/11 around town but I didn't know they kept the money for themselves as you stated. Do you know for a fact this money was divied up amongst themselves? I thought it was given to NYC Firemen's families whose fathers and husbands were killed by the terrorists, but I guess you know better. Who ever told you they will have these collections if "O.T." is stopped? If the firemen collected millions of dollars as you claim, why don't they do it more often? You are the smart one with all the knowledge, answer that. Wouldn't it be ironic if the first big fire was at your house? But it won't because you probably don't live in town and are one of the disgruntled cops who have less than 10 years on the job and thinks the "Tail should wag the dog." You now have unlimited sick time. Call in sick anytime you want. Enjoy being miserable for the rest of your career and the rest of your life.