Flames

Guest Guest

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Typical firemen. Always thinking about themselves and a suggestion was made that if the O.T. has stopped they can always grab some boots and beg for money like in 2001 to make their families multimillionaires for what? People take this job because it is part time, pays way out of line for what it is, and rest and relaxation over a 24 sleeping festival. Most would be working for minimum wage if McMole and F.E.R. didn't subvert the testing system in Harrison and the state. If a private firm took over the FD, like the town selling it off to get a cash infusions, the layoffs would be severe and immediate. The private sector would not take their crap. The little danger there is well known when they take the job so if they get hurt why do they feel they have the right to beg for money. They get their pension and medical just like the cops. A cop would never disgrace his family by begging like a junkie for money. Just because the town council cancelled the 9-11 memorial the HFD could have had it anyway but were happy because now they didn't have to make up an excuse to come to town on one of their many days off and not get paid. If you truly cared for your deceased "brothers" you could have done something. The truth is that its only the dollar that you seek, not brotherhood or compassion. You make me sick. Thats my opinion.

Officer "Guest", I'll extend the invitation again for lunch when you're on days. We can discuss your anger

issues over a grilled steak and lobster tail. I'll even set you up with a coach to help you study for the

next FF exam. It's the least I can do for a fellow public safety officer.

Guest Guest

It is now May and there still has not been one fire in Harrison (Thank God). Why do we need a 58 man fire dept. that does not do a single thing? They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Then the McMole crime family threatens to lay off cops!! If the council layed off 30 of these guys nothing would change. Just what do they do all day and night? Sleep, eat, and watch TV. This elimination, after the skim, could save the town 2.5 million a year. That would give a little relief towards lowering taxes or making the town safer by adding a few cops. They have like 25 captains at 100,000.00 a year. If the HPD had that many captains the people would freak out. The town can also sell some of the basically unused equiptment for more tax relief. The do not train at all, don't spend a dime in town, and the only time an engine is used is to go buy groceries in Kearny or to cash their checks. This cash cow is composed primarily of relatives and friends of McMole & company. They have second jobs to work at so why should anyone worry. Remember, this is a part time job. The HFD with a reduction of men can provide the same service as soon as they push the panic button for mutual aid for even putting out a cigarette. Get rid of the high paying, do nothing jobs and things will settle down. That my opinion. Say bye bye to the fireman paid for nothing and leave the low salary positions for the other services.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
It is now May and there still has not been one fire in Harrison (Thank God). Why do we need a 58 man fire dept. that does not do a single thing? They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Then the McMole crime family threatens to lay off cops!! If the council laid off 30 of these guys nothing would change. Just what do they do all day and night? Sleep, eat, and watch TV. This elimination, after the skim, could save the town 2.5 million a year. That would give a little relief towards lowering taxes or making the town safer by adding a few cops. They have like 25 captains at 100,000.00 a year. If the HPD had that many captains the people would freak out. The town can also sell some of the basically unused equipment for more tax relief. The do not train at all, don't spend a dime in town, and the only time an engine is used is to go buy groceries in Kearny or to cash their checks. This cash cow is composed primarily of relatives and friends of McMole & company. They have second jobs to work at so why should anyone worry. Remember, this is a part time job. The HFD with a reduction of men can provide the same service as soon as they push the panic button for mutual aid for even putting out a cigarette. Get rid of the high paying, do nothing jobs and things will settle down. That my opinion. Say bye bye to the fireman paid for nothing and leave the low salary positions for the other services.

Officer Guest,

I think you hit on a good idea. Instead of using an engine to buy groceries (even though it allows us to

respond to alarms quickly when we're on the road), I think the town could save a few bucks in gas if

you pick up our groceries in a patrol car. We can call in our order of filet mignons and lobster tails (our

usual lunch) and you can pick them up for us. Stop by the firehouse about 11am and we'll give you our

order. We'll throw in a tail for you too.

Guest BlueTideBacker
Officer Guest,

I think you hit on a good idea. Instead of using an engine to buy groceries (even though it allows us to

respond to alarms quickly when we're on the road), I think the town could save a few bucks in gas if

you pick up our groceries in a patrol car. We can call in our order of filet mignons and lobster tails (our

usual lunch) and you can pick them up for us. Stop by the firehouse about 11am and we'll give you our

order. We'll throw in a tail for you too.

LMAO !!!