LaClair in News Again

Guest Guest

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
I first thank God that this so called Canadian is not an American. He has alot to talk about with his own messed up country. No coincidence that the LaClairs were originally Canadian, does it? Secondly Keith isn't even from Kearny either yet chooses this blog to vent and post his frustrations with society. Another loser. Two mental midgets in a giant world. Both sponsered by the LaClair foundation. What a wonderful life it is going to be when junior leaves. The only reason Paul comes out of the closet again at this time is because its getting close to graduation for his so called young lad. The LaClairs are going to make an interesting graduation ceremony. I am looking forward to getting a front seat. There is a reason this kid is an outcase in his school system. People need to stop being scared of his father the Lawyer and live their lives. I would vote again and again for Paul Castello for the Board in a heartbeat over and over and over again. He tells it like it is. I'm looking for Kearny High School being a high school again not an adgenda for some Lawyer to try to gain fame. Hoping it starts at the principal and he gets some nerve. Enough said.

Yu fergot ta put yer teeth in Wiilllllber.

Guest Keith
I first thank God that this so called Canadian is not an American. He has alot to talk about with his own messed up country. No coincidence that the LaClairs were originally Canadian, does it? Secondly Keith isn't even from Kearny either yet chooses this blog to vent and post his frustrations with society. Another loser. Two mental midgets in a giant world. Both sponsered by the LaClair foundation. What a wonderful life it is going to be when junior leaves. The only reason Paul comes out of the closet again at this time is because its getting close to graduation for his so called young lad. The LaClairs are going to make an interesting graduation ceremony. I am looking forward to getting a front seat. There is a reason this kid is an outcase in his school system. People need to stop being scared of his father the Lawyer and live their lives. I would vote again and again for Paul Castello for the Board in a heartbeat over and over and over again. He tells it like it is. I'm looking for Kearny High School being a high school again not an adgenda for some Lawyer to try to gain fame. Hoping it starts at the principal and he gets some nerve. Enough said.

No, I am not from Kearny nor was I under the impression that this "Internet Blog" was reserved for only residents of Kearny. Although I have never been to Kearny, I have spent some time in NJ and it was quite beautiful with a lot of nice folks. I'm sure Kearny and the people there are very nice but every rule has it's exception. Are you the official spokes person for Kearny? Let me close in saying wow, you really told me and I think I'll sell my computer now so I can get off this mean old internet.

Guest Guest
The only reason Paul comes out of the closet again at this time is because its getting close to graduation for his so called young lad.

:lol:

Could you 'splain that?

Guest Guest

Yet again, LaClair's critics have underestimated him. The New York Times' science writer has picked up the story at http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/ and the publisher is following it closely enough to respond the same day. No doubt the authors are huddling.

Serves 'em right. Let them read the thing next time before they publish it.

QUOTE (Twizzler @ Apr 9 2008, 03:35 PM)

You're the last person to tell anyone about not seeing his own biases.

No, Bryan, as you've demonstrated in the more than 1,500 posts you've authored since you decided to make Kearny and Matthew LaClair your personal causes.

So since you can't think of any examples you decided to lie about it, eh?

And as with the Paszkiewicz affair, a slew of people who are far better credentialed than you are disagree with you.

Even people with credentials have agendas.

What you're really saying is that you don't like it when people who disagree with you are effective.

Hmmm. LaGuest.

No, I'm saying that young LaClair is making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't think he will be effective, except in getting his name in the papers and about that last I am apathetic.

If his complaint has merit, as you admit it does, then he should press it.

That doesn't follow. If it did, it would follow that all meritorious complaints of bias should be pursued, which would result in a crippling of our educations system, a chilling of free expression, and even richer lawyers. Though perhaps that last one appeals greatly to you.

Do you really think anyone would have paid attention to him if he had just written the publishers on his own? Come on.

No, I don't--but why should the publishers pay attention to him?

These authors are known right-wingers. One headed Bush's so-called faith-based initiative. There's no explaining the comments on school prayer except that they did it deliberately. Obviously they wrote these texts to advance their far-right political agenda. With people like that, you have to smack them hard, or they don't listen.

I think you'd be blind to the myriad instances of biased writing that happen to agree with your political stripe.

So once again, Matt LaClair got someone's attention who wouldn't have paid attention otherwise. Good for him.

It must really piss you off that he gets it done.

Uh, yeah. And when I get really mad I yawn. I'm so incensed now I think I'll take a nap.

Guest Keith
Even people with credentials have agendas.

Hmmm. LaGuest.

No, I'm saying that young LaClair is making a mountain out of a molehill. I don't think he will be effective, except in getting his name in the papers and about that last I am apathetic.

That doesn't follow. If it did, it would follow that all meritorious complaints of bias should be pursued, which would result in a crippling of our educations system, a chilling of free expression, and even richer lawyers. Though perhaps that last one appeals greatly to you.

No, I don't--but why should the publishers pay attention to him?

I think you'd be blind to the myriad instances of biased writing that happen to agree with your political stripe.

Uh, yeah. And when I get really mad I yawn. I'm so incensed now I think I'll take a nap.

Your envy of young Matt is palpable. It's so thick I can taste it in the air and cut it with a knife. Are you jealous because the only "notariety" that you get is on this little blog? You have delusions of granduer and like to tell yourself that you are so much smarter than everyone around you. You feel that you are the big fish in this little pond. Whatever gets you through the day, dude.

Matthew has been on several live radio shows with this story the past few days. This evening at 8:20 p.m., he was on conservative talk-show host Lars Larson's radio show nationwide. Matt was very impressive.

Your envy of young Matt is palpable. It's so thick I can taste it in the air and cut it with a knife.

Well, at least you have a healthy imagination.

Are you jealous because the only "notariety" that you get is on this little blog?

Yeah, that must be it.

You have delusions of granduer and like to tell yourself that you are so much smarter than everyone around you.

Yes, and it leaves me less time than I'd like to admire myself in the mirror.

You feel that you are the big fish in this little pond. Whatever gets you through the day, dude.

Semper Fi. Marines.com

After a period of late night assaults on the university campus, the local interfaith alliance decided to get involved. It was decided that they would investigate. A liberal minister visited the campus, and after a thorough search only one problem was identified. It was in fact one of the campus security phones that was not working. The liberal minister wrote a detailed report blaming the administration for failed priorities and numerous accusations of financial mismanagement and corruption and posted it at the kiosk. Unfortunately, soon after, there was another attack.

The local interfaith alliance was concerned and embarrassed, so they sent their most conservative minister. After a thorough investigation, the conservative minister identified the same problem. The conservative minister ripped down the liberal minister’s report and threw it on the ground and replaced it with a simple to read sign that read: Out of Order. Unfortunately, there was yet another attack.

Finally, at a loss for a solution, the local interfaith alliance sent the humanist minister. Relying on the wisdom of several millenniums of religious teachings and holy books from every faith and the most obscure prophets, the humanist minister searched for answers, and then came upon the broken phone with the out of order sign.

The humanist minister looked down and read the words of the liberal minister and shook with disbelief. The humanist minister reached down picked up the now crumbled dissertation and decided to throw it away in a trash receptacle that had been conveniently placed nearby.

The humanist minister pondered the replacement sign left by the conservative minister. Seeing that there was plenty of room to write on the sign left by the conservative minister, the humanist minister took out a black magic marker and meticulously crossed out the words that had been left by the conservative minister so that none of the message remained. Then with the left over clean space that remained the meditation began in earnest. Next a flash of insight miraculously came and on the remaining space the humanist minister wrote in large letters with a big smile: KEEP RUNNING!

Everybody knows that college textbooks are routinely rewritten, edited and replaced. Furthermore, as any college student who has tried to sell their used books could tell you, earlier editions are nearly worthless.

Of course the guys who write textbooks are biased and of course 18 year olds are wildly idealistic and biased too.

Kearny should be proud of any youngster who has the courage to stand for factual integrity and truth, even if two years from now that truth is revealed to have been wrong or a mere superstition.

I am proud of Matthew LaClair.

Guest Guest
Yu fergot ta put yer teeth in Wiilllllber.

I did not think that Stifey posted here anymore but from the sounds of that above quote I guess he still does. He doesn't use that name since they found out about him and work and he got in trouble.

Guest 2smart4u
Matthew has been on several live radio shows with this story the past few days. This evening at 8:20 p.m., he was on conservative talk-show host Lars Larson's radio show nationwide. Matt was very impressive.

Being your son, how could he be anything but impressive.

Kearny should be proud of any youngster who has the courage to stand for factual integrity and truth, even if two years from now that truth is revealed to have been wrong or a mere superstition.

That's fair, but some news reports have young LaClair apparently exaggerating the supposed bias in the book.

Standing up for integrity should be done with integrity.

I'll note that I haven't read the book, but I've looked at the CFI report, and at least one of Matthew's statements seems to go much farther in its criticism than does the report.

That type of exaggeration was also present in young LaClair's letter to the school administrators regarding Mr. Paszkiewicz.

Guest *billydee4*
That's fair, but some news reports have young LaClair apparently exaggerating the supposed bias in the book.

Standing up for integrity should be done with integrity.

I'll note that I haven't read the book, but I've looked at the CFI report, and at least one of Matthew's statements seems to go much farther in its criticism than does the report.

That type of exaggeration was also present in young LaClair's letter to the school administrators regarding Mr. Paszkiewicz.

Bryan: Stop watching Fox Noise and reading WorldNutDaily. What news reports say he was exaggerating?

After a period of late night assaults on the university campus, the local interfaith alliance decided to get involved. It was decided that they would investigate. A liberal minister visited the campus, and after a thorough search only one problem was identified. It was in fact one of the campus security phones that was not working. The liberal minister wrote a detailed report blaming the administration for failed priorities and numerous accusations of financial mismanagement and corruption and posted it at the kiosk. Unfortunately, soon after, there was another attack.

The local interfaith alliance was concerned and embarrassed, so they sent their most conservative minister. After a thorough investigation, the conservative minister identified the same problem. The conservative minister ripped down the liberal minister’s report and threw it on the ground and replaced it with a simple to read sign that read: Out of Order. Unfortunately, there was yet another attack.

Finally, at a loss for a solution, the local interfaith alliance sent the humanist minister. Relying on the wisdom of several millenniums of religious teachings and holy books from every faith and the most obscure prophets, the humanist minister searched for answers, and then came upon the broken phone with the out of order sign.

The humanist minister looked down and read the words of the liberal minister and shook with disbelief. The humanist minister reached down picked up the now crumbled dissertation and decided to throw it away in a trash receptacle that had been conveniently placed nearby.

The humanist minister pondered the replacement sign left by the conservative minister. Seeing that there was plenty of room to write on the sign left by the conservative minister, the humanist minister took out a black magic marker and meticulously crossed out the words that had been left by the conservative minister so that none of the message remained. Then with the left over clean space that remained the meditation began in earnest. Next a flash of insight miraculously came and on the remaining space the humanist minister wrote in large letters with a big smile: KEEP RUNNING!

Everybody knows that college textbooks are routinely rewritten, edited and replaced. Furthermore, as any college student who has tried to sell their used books could tell you, earlier editions are nearly worthless.

Of course the guys who write textbooks are biased and of course 18 year olds are wildly idealistic and biased too.

OK - THANK YOU !

Guest 2smart4u

Paul, (who has a few personalities) has a new one, it's name is Reverend Gene Queval. How ironic

that atheist Paul has chosen to call his new personality "Reverend". Not so ironic is that he's proud of

Matthew LaClair.

Guest Guest
The article is actually complimentary. Where does it say he is a troublemaker?

First line, but it says it in the context that he's not afraid to challenge that status quo when there is a good reason.