Rev. Jerimiah Wright

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

For those who watch O'Reilly, you saw Obama's minister, the Rev. Jerimiah Wright give a venom filled, anti-

American speech blaming 9/11 on the U.S. He blames the spread of AIDS among blacks and various other

things on white America. He's also the minister that married Barack and his un-proud wife. The left wing

press has been ignoring this minister up to now but the video is out now and it will be interesting to see how

the far left spins it, or continues to ignore it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
For those who watch O'Reilly, you saw Obama's minister, the Rev. Jerimiah Wright give a venom filled, anti-

American speech blaming 9/11 on the U.S. He blames the spread of AIDS among blacks and various other

things on white America. He's also the minister that married Barack and his un-proud wife. The left wing

press has been ignoring this minister up to now but the video is out now and it will be interesting to see how

Obama has specifically said he doesn't agree with those statements. The end.

It's funny how you've got nothing on Obama, so you got to try and find dirt on everyone around him.

Guest Keith

Hmmmm........a preacher spouting a bunch of bullshit. Wow! That's a new one!

Guest 2smart4u

If elected, Hussain Obama should make Rev. Jerimiah Wright his Secretary of State, the Iranians

would love the anti-American hate speech, especially the part about the U.S. being responsible

for 9/11. He could then issue an apology to Bin Laden for falsely accusing him for being behind it.

Don't forget to vote for the guy who pointed to the b.s. spouter as a key figure in his spiritual development in his autobiographical work,

"Dreams of My Father."

Used copies available from Amazon from $7.75.

**l*

The cynic might think that Obama's membership in the Chicago church was a political expedient for his early career ... an expedient that transformed into an embarrassment as he entered the national arena.

Oh, I never bought all that stuff. I chose to attend that church with my family because, uh ...

Semper Fi. Marines.com

Guest *Voter*

It's funny how you've got nothing on Obama, so you got to try and find dirt on everyone around him.

The scary part is which of the Rev. Wright's view does Obama agree with.

I'm a Democrat but I can't vote for someone who agrees with anything the Rev. Wright spouted.

Obama should completely cut off connections with this radical.

Voter

Guest right

whom do you think will be giving the man advice? ashcroft? rumsfeld? cheney? maybe halliburton will offer it's services to him? maybe he'll get his own people - ya think?

Guest a proud american

I guess Patriot didn't see Mc Cain with the Reverend Hagee last week. I heard no denouncement from him.

Guest *Autonomous*

He's a minister. Selling bullcrap is his job.

Guest Patriot
If elected, Hussain Obama should make Rev. Jerimiah Wright his Secretary of State, the Iranians

would love the anti-American hate speech, especially the part about the U.S. being responsible

for 9/11. He could then issue an apology to Bin Laden for falsely accusing him for being behind it.

The news tonite showed more tapes of the racist Rev. Wright. One tape had him blaming Pearl Harbor

on the U.S. Obama attended his church for almost 20 years, he must have agreed with Wright if he

stayed in the church that long.

Guest Guest
Obama attended his church for almost 20 years, he must have agreed with Wright if he

lol, what a stupid conclusion. Obama clearly said he doesn't agree with those statements. That's the end of it.

I know you wish you could magically attach the negative traits of people peripherally attached to Obama to the man himself, but it doesn't work that way. Let's see you find something on Obama that's actually about him, not about someone he happens to know.

Guest Guest

I'm a Democrat but I can't vote for someone who agrees with anything the Rev. Wright spouted.

Well then, good news! Obama doesn't agree with any of that stuff.

Guest Keith
The news tonite showed more tapes of the racist Rev. Wright. One tape had him blaming Pearl Harbor

on the U.S. Obama attended his church for almost 20 years, he must have agreed with Wright if he

Pat Robertson blamed hurricanes on gays. It's all bullshit. That's what they do. If I was to hold Obama responsible for everything his preacher says then I would have to do the same for anyone who goes to any church. That seems not only impractical but unfair. Calm down. Chill out with the hysterics.

Guest Guest

YOU should love the man!

He makes even a nitwit like you seem almost sensible by comparison.

Guest Guest
Well then, good news! Obama doesn't agree with any of that stuff.

Obama may not agree with any of it, but parts of it are true. Not the "God damn America." I wouldn't even say "God damn Iran." But when Wright says Obama has to overcome the bigotry of race, wealth and privilege, he's right.

I'm not the least bit concerned about Barack Obama's views on these subjects, any more than I think John McCain believes the Catholic Church is the great whore. It would be refreshing, and a real opening to foreign policy, to have an American president, at long last, who gets it. What concerns me, and should concern every American who really cares about liberty and justice for all, is that this culture has a history or turning its back on those values every time it is convenient.

The problem isn't that those things aren't true. The problem is political. It's very hard to tell people what they do not wish to hear.

Obama should completely cut off connections with this radical.

Voter

The scary part for me is how so many Roman Catholics can STILL commit to the church after that institution's pedophilic mania is revealed and explained with the most insulting sophistry. I've concluded people simply refuse to admit when they are shown to be dupes for the lord and the holy fadda..........it's the game they play.

If people got any courage equal to half their American gluttony, they may begin to consider what Rev. Wriight has said, themselves recalling the incessant wholesale murders of countless Southeast Asians during the Vietnam era by our country, American CIA meddling in the legally elected leaderships of South America (Iran-Contra warms your patriotic black heart, does it?) and the impetus for September 11, 2001: the dual justice of American coddling for apartheid Zionland while thoroughly exploiting the Balfour doctrined Middle East for all the oil we can waste in our pigmobiles (joyously clogging the GSP for monster work commutes, single occupancy so as to impress our friends and colleagues with pride of overt consumption)..............

Barack Obama does well to distance himself from Rev. Wright's assertions. After all he's an intelligent political human being. Our nation is in denial, desperately embracing a bumper sticker mentality that the USA can do no wrong while everything we gleefully/foolishly take for granted goes poof. Obama does not have the luxury I have. I don't NEED to diaper your ass. I don't need your vote. But we ALL need you to get real. Our nation is falling and like when Rome was falling, few knew it.

This is a card game. Hillary Moonface Clinton (and co-POTUS Bubba Bill) equals scandal and heavy baggage. She's an automatic spike of division upon the American landscape with a parasite's sense of entitlement to the office of POTUS. John McCain is a sacrificial lamb served up by an American political party that, after Bush, by all decency should disolve itself on grounds of vast shamefullness. Bulgeface should expand on his Baghdad shopping review and become an American travel agent outside the Iraqi "green zone"........or maybe better yet, get a job modeling caskets. Obama is at worst, the LEAST of all presidential evils and we NEED to play a card. I'm playing the Ace of Spades.

Guest 2smart4u
Don't forget to vote for the guy who pointed to the b.s. spouter as a key figure in his spiritual development in his autobiographical work,

"Dreams of My Father."

Used copies available from Amazon from $7.75.

**l*

The cynic might think that Obama's membership in the Chicago church was a political expedient for his early career ... an expedient that transformed into an embarrassment as he entered the national arena.

Oh, I never bought all that stuff. I chose to attend that church with my family because, uh ...

Semper Fi. Marines.com

The hits just keep on coming. Another tape shows the Rev. Wright blaming the AIDS virus on the U.S. as a plot to exterminate black

people using the phrase "God damn America".

WHO would continue to attend this church after hearing this unbelievably racist and ugly sermons? I know someone; Hussain Barack Obama.

Hussain's wife must have accepted this vile rhetoric as gospel because she attended right along with her hubby. Now we also know why

Hussain's wife was never proud of the U.S. in her first 45 years of life. It's getting easier and easier to vote for McCain.

Guest Guest
The hits just keep on coming. Another tape shows the Rev. Wright blaming the AIDS virus on the U.S. as a plot to exterminate black

WHO would continue to attend this church after hearing this unbelievably racist and ugly sermons? I know someone; Hussain Barack Obama.

Who could EMBRACE, not denounce like Obama did with Wright, a pastor who describes the Catholic Church as the great whore? I know someone: John McCain.

No one is going to fall for your BS, punk.

Guest Keith

Hussain's wife must have accepted this vile rhetoric as gospel because she attended right along with her hubby. Now we also know why

Hussain's wife was never proud of the U.S. in her first 45 years of life. It's getting easier and easier to vote for McCain.

You had no intention of ever voting for Obama anyway. You're trying to make it sound like all this stuff has swayed to the republican side. The republicans won't win because the American majority s finally in a postiton to meter out some punishment.

Guest Guest
The scary part for me is how so many Roman Catholics can STILL commit to the church after that institution's pedophilic mania is revealed and explained with the most insulting sophistry. I've concluded people simply refuse to admit when they are shown to be dupes for the lord and the holy fadda..........it's the game they play.

If people got any courage equal to half their American gluttony, they may begin to consider what Rev. Wriight has said, themselves recalling the incessant wholesale murders of countless Southeast Asians during the Vietnam era by our country, American CIA meddling in the legally elected leaderships of South America (Iran-Contra warms your patriotic black heart, does it?) and the impetus for September 11, 2001: the dual justice of American coddling for apartheid Zionland while thoroughly exploiting the Balfour doctrined Middle East for all the oil we can waste in our pigmobiles (joyously clogging the GSP for monster work commutes, single occupancy so as to impress our friends and colleagues with pride of overt consumption)..............

Barack Obama does well to distance himself from Rev. Wright's assertions. After all he's an intelligent political human being. Our nation is in denial, desperately embracing a bumper sticker mentality that the USA can do no wrong while everything we gleefully/foolishly take for granted goes poof. Obama does not have the luxury I have. I don't NEED to diaper your ass. I don't need your vote. But we ALL need you to get real. Our nation is falling and like when Rome was falling, few knew it.

This is a card game. Hillary Moonface Clinton (and co-POTUS Bubba Bill) equals scandal and heavy baggage. She's an automatic spike of division upon the American landscape with a parasite's sense of entitlement to the office of POTUS. John McCain is a sacrificial lamb served up by an American political party that, after Bush, by all decency should disolve itself on grounds of vast shamefullness. Bulgeface should expand on his Baghdad shopping review and become an American travel agent outside the Iraqi "green zone"........or maybe better yet, get a job modeling caskets. Obama is at worst, the LEAST of all presidential evils and we NEED to play a card. I'm playing the Ace of Spades.

Wow, honesty and intelligence.

Seriously, you should post more often.

Hmmm. Who put your "manties" in a twist over the Roman Catholic Church?

A whole paragraph full of disinformation. Nice.

1) The communists were the aggressors in Southeast Asia. The war was conducted primarily using a defensive stance and the bombing of North Vietnam was not designed to cripple that country (as it easily could have done). Democrats love to forget the bloodbath and enduring misery that ensued once they turned their backs on South Vietnam. Not their responsibility, except it is.

2) Iran-Contra supported the Contras against the Sandinistas. The Sandinistas were elected to the government, but their radical programs were no what the people requested. Rather than being voted into power, the Sandinistas rose through violent revolution and seized power.

On August 22, 1978, twenty-four Sandinista guerillas stormed the national palace at Managua, and by July 17, 1979, the Sandinistas had formally taken power. The Sandinistas quickly wrote and passed a provisional constitution, The Fundamental Law of State. This constitution guaranteed human rights that were previously ignored by the Somoza regime. It guaranteed equal justice under law, the right to free expression, and the abolition of torture. It seemed that the people were already benefiting from this great revolution, which truly did liberate them. Despite this advance in human rights, though, the Nicaraguan economy was still failing, and with the newly imposed US embargo, Nicaraguans were suffering greatly.

The Sandinistas, in the first few months of their sovereignty, seemed to ignore the first and most important of their principles: political democracy. They immediately set up a ruling junta, made up of five top Sandinista officials, including Daniel Ortega and Violeta Barrios de Chamorro.

http://www.jorian.com/san.html

Elections did take place in 1984 with the Sandinistas garnering 67 percent of the vote; opinions differ as to whether they were fairly held.

Iran-Contra was good and bad. Good goal (undercut by Congress), bad means.

3) Israel an apartheid state? Somebody needs to learn some history.

http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

It may be that the "political" in "political human being" ought to occur in bold. Regardless, Obama will be terrible for the United States with respect to policy. Marxists might well disagree on ideological grounds.

Wright + Rezko gives rise to the spectre of corruption and/or poor judgment in the Obama camp. McCain is easily the best of the remaining "serious" candidates (serious gets quotation marks because of serious questions about the readiness of both Obama and Clinton).

Who could EMBRACE, not denounce like Obama did with Wright, a pastor who describes the Catholic Church as the great whore? I know someone: John McCain.

No one is going to fall for your BS, punk.

It's easy to lie posting as "Guest" isn't it?

McCain made clear his disagreement with Hagee over his view of the Catholic Church and never went to Hagee's church so far as I know.

Obama sat under Wright's teachings for 20 years and didn't denounce him until it became politically wise to denounce him.

It isn't likely that Obama did not know that Wright was preaching these types of things. His denunciation of Wright is probably in Clintonese (didn't "have sex" with Lewinski because that isn't sex--that kind of thing).

Guest Guest
It's easy to lie posting as "Guest" isn't it?

McCain made clear his disagreement with Hagee over his view of the Catholic Church and never went to Hagee's church so far as I know.

But he SOUGHT and EMBRACED Hagee's ENDORSEMENT, and that's all I said. By 2dim's logic, that makes him even more in agreement with Hagee's positions regardless of what McCain says, as Obama's clearly stated his disagreement with Wright's statements as well.

If you think it's unfair to align Hagee's views with McCain, then you have to agree that it's unfair to do the same to Obama. Could even you be that obvious a hypocrite?

But he SOUGHT and EMBRACED Hagee's ENDORSEMENT, and that's all I said.

Very misleading.

I doubt that McCain sought Hagee's endorsement. You owe the reader some decent evidential support. Hagee is an utter lightweight politically. McCain, like Joe Lieberman, has addressed Christians United For Israel, a lobbying group headed by Hagee. Hagee, then, gave his endorsement in the context of CUFI's political interests.

Yeah, "all" you said was that he embraced the endorsement. You stayed silent about how McCain plainly stated that he did not agree with everything Hagee teaches (which should be obvious).

The question now is whether or not Hagee's views have been misrepresented in turn.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....+2008,+06:28+PM

By 2dim's logic, that makes him even more in agreement with Hagee's positions regardless of what McCain says, as Obama's clearly stated his disagreement with Wright's statements as well.

You shouldn't use the statements of others to excuse your own shoddy handling of the truth. Obama can't distance himself from Wright's views because Wright is Obama's spiritual mentor. Twenty years. You can't cut loose twenty years with a week's worth of speeches, especially when your speeches don't look consistent with what you said the previous year.

If you think it's unfair to align Hagee's views with McCain, then you have to agree that it's unfair to do the same to Obama.

No I don't because that's a false dilemma (a fallacy). I don't know what Obama believes and I don't pretend to know whether or not he agrees with Wright. That's not my problem with Obama at his point. My problem with Obama on this is his credibility. I understand that Oprah found Wright's views extreme when she attended that church for a time, and she left the church for that reason. What is it that kept Obama there for twenty years?

It's now clear that Obama knew Wright would be a liability to his campaign, but he gave an interview where he said that Wright's controversial views were new to him. It's looking more and more like Obama is a weasel-word liar in the mold of Bill Clinton. Either he isn't as devout in his church involvement as he has led people to believe, or he is very probably dishonest regarding his knowledge of Wright's teachings. And either way his personal judgment should be questioned based on his choice of church.

Could even you be that obvious a hypocrite?

Nice try.

:wub:

Guest Guest
Hmmm. Who put your "manties" in a twist over the Roman Catholic Church?

So there's nothing wrong with an institution that had to pay OVER $600,000,000.00 last year alone to pay off the victims of predator priests?

That explains a lot about your thinking.