Corrupt Media

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

NBC, ABC and NY Slimes all neglected to mention that Spitzer was a democrat. Coincidence? I don't

think so. You can be sure if Spitzer was a Republican it would have been a headline. Thank God for Fox

Network, the only place where the news comes unedited.

Guest Earth to 2Smart
NBC, ABC and NY Slimes all neglected to mention that Spitzer was a democrat. Coincidence? I don't

think so. You can be sure if Spitzer was a Republican it would have been a headline. Thank God for Fox

Your wrong, flat out wrong. It was the New York Times who broke the story, not the Wall Street Journal not Fox. It was THE top story in the Monday, March 10 edition of the New York Times; it only took 4 sentences for the Times to point out he is a Democrat. I copied the beginning of the story below. Now, can you point out any story that either Fox or the Wall Street Journal broke on a Republican? Senator Vitter of Louisiana? No. Senator Craig of Idaho? No. Abu Graib? No. Phone tapping? No. Water boarding? No. Can you give my anything, just ANYTHING on ANY Republican that Fox broke?

March 10, 2008

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

By DANNY HAKIM and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who gained national prominence relentlessly pursuing Wall Street wrongdoing, has been caught on a federal wiretap arranging to meet with a high-priced prostitute at a Washington hotel last month, according to a law enforcement official and a person briefed on the investigation.

The wiretap captured a man identified as Client 9 on a telephone call confirming plans to have a woman travel from New York to Washington, where he had reserved a hotel room, according to an affidavit filed in federal court in Manhattan. The person briefed on the case and the law enforcement official identified Mr. Spitzer as Client 9.

Mr. Spitzer, a first term Democrat, today made a brief public appearance during which he apologized for his behavior, and described it as a “private matter.” He did not address his political future.

Guest Keith

MSNBC was very good a mentionong that he was a Democrat and an avid Hillary supporter. He, like any in elected official deserves to be prosecuted just like he prosectued people. No one is ginving him a pass. Try again D**ba**. Why don't you hold GW accountable?

Guest Guest
Your wrong, flat out wrong. It was the New York Times who broke the story, not the Wall Street Journal not Fox. It was THE top story in the Monday, March 10 edition of the New York Times; it only took 4 sentences for the Times to point out he is a Democrat. I copied the beginning of the story below. Now, can you point out any story that either Fox or the Wall Street Journal broke on a Republican? Senator Vitter of Louisiana? No. Senator Craig of Idaho? No. Abu Graib? No. Phone tapping? No. Water boarding? No. Can you give my anything, just ANYTHING on ANY Republican that Fox broke?

March 10, 2008

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who gained national prominence relentlessly pursuing Wall Street wrongdoing, has been caught on a federal wiretap arranging to meet with a high-priced prostitute at a Washington hotel last month, according to a law enforcement official and a person briefed on the investigation.

The wiretap captured a man identified as Client 9 on a telephone call confirming plans to have a woman travel from New York to Washington, where he had reserved a hotel room, according to an affidavit filed in federal court in Manhattan. The person briefed on the case and the law enforcement official identified Mr. Spitzer as Client 9.

Mr. Spitzer, a first term Democrat, today made a brief public appearance during which he apologized for his behavior, and described it as a “private matter.” He did not address his political future.

When you try to tell 2dim something: you're making a point to someone who isn't listening and doesn't care. The facts don't matter to him. All that matters to him is the fantasy he has invented.

That's how things contemporary Know-Nothings do things. He doesn't care that he was demonstrably wrong, even though you just proved that he was, beyond any doubt or question whatsoever. Right-wing media feed him this slop, and he gulps it down like a pig at a trough. Coulter, Limbaugh, et. al., ad nauseam, show their ditto-heads how to behave uncivilly toward people who don't agree with them, and no matter how wrong it is, they still believe it.

It's a real problem in a democracy, one we had better find a way of addressing if we hope to have a democracy.

Guest Guest
MSNBC was very good a mentionong that he was a Democrat and an avid Hillary supporter. He, like any in elected official deserves to be prosecuted just like he prosectued people. No one is ginving him a pass. Try again D**ba**. Why don't you hold GW accountable?

Good point, and how about holding Fox accountable. Several times, they have falsely mis-identified Republicans exposed in scandals, as Democrats. They don't correct it and they don't apologize for it. There's little doubt that it's deliberate. So there are corrupt media sources, alright, but the worst of them are not on the left.

The FCC should look into it and lift their license.

Guest 2smart4u
Your wrong, flat out wrong. It was the New York Times who broke the story, not the Wall Street Journal not Fox. It was THE top story in the Monday, March 10 edition of the New York Times; it only took 4 sentences for the Times to point out he is a Democrat. I copied the beginning of the story below. Now, can you point out any story that either Fox or the Wall Street Journal broke on a Republican? Senator Vitter of Louisiana? No. Senator Craig of Idaho? No. Abu Ghraib? No. Phone tapping? No. Water boarding? No. Can you give my anything, just ANYTHING on ANY Republican that Fox broke?

March 10, 2008

You left out the part where he said; "If Bubba can get away with it why can't I"? BTW, I checked

with the Slimes, the guy that inadvertently inserted the word "democrat" was fired this morning.

Guest *Autonomous*

It's an OUTRAGE !!! They'll go DOWN IN FLAMES !!! Any minute now !!! NY Slimes profits are down 473% !!!

Guest Guest
You left out the part where he said; "If Bubba can get away with it why can't I"? BTW, I checked

with the Slimes, the guy that inadvertently inserted the word "democrat" was fired this morning.

Does it ever bother you that you just make this stuff up?

That none of it's true?

That you're lying?

Guest Kearny Republican
Does it ever bother you that you just make this stuff up?

That none of it's true?

That you're lying?

Just like the NY Slimes, what a coincidence.

Guest Earth to 2Smart

That's your way of acknowledging you were wrong?? Do you really want to get petty considering Vitter, Craig and Foley all play for your "family values" team??

I know I shouldn't argue with those who make up their own facts, but I'll give you one more chance to make your point by repeating my earlier question:

Can you give my anything, just ANYTHING on ANY Republican that Fox broke?

The original online story made clear Spitzer's party affiliation in the third paragraph. But that paragraph, which suggested hypocrisy on a Democrat's part, was deleted in an update after Spitzer's press conference, not referencing Spitzer's party until the fifteen paragraph, and even then barely. (Update: A party reference has now been added back in to the online story, again in the third paragraph.)

http://timeswatch.org/articles/2008/20080310170753.aspx

It's a more convincing story if Timeswatch includes a screen capture, but some of you should consider giving 2Smart a break--because the facts might end up supporting him (enough to make his report accurate, if incomplete).

Guest BushBacker
That's your way of acknowledging you were wrong?? Do you really want to get petty considering Vitter, Craig and Foley all play for your "family values" team??

I know I shouldn't argue with those who make up their own facts, but I'll give you one more chance to make your point by repeating my earlier question:

Can you give my anything, just ANYTHING on ANY Republican that Fox broke?

All Republicans are without sin.

Guest The Truth
The original online story made clear Spitzer's party affiliation in the third paragraph. But that paragraph, which suggested hypocrisy on a Democrat's part, was deleted in an update after Spitzer's press conference, not referencing Spitzer's party until the fifteen paragraph, and even then barely. (Update: A party reference has now been added back in to the online story, again in the third paragraph.)

It's a more convincing story if Timeswatch includes a screen capture, but some of you should consider giving 2Smart a break--because the facts might end up supporting him (enough to make his report accurate, if incomplete).

You're not serious, are you? The FRONT PAGE of the New York Times BROKE the story:

March 10, 2008

Guest 2smart4u
You're not serious, are you? The FRONT PAGE of the New York Times BROKE the story:

March 10, 2008

Better go out and get some air, Fox broke the story on the evening of 3/9. All the leftist news outlets (NY Slimes) were

forced to cover it after that. If Fox hadn't covered it, it would have been buried by the Loonies.

You're not serious, are you?

Sure. Why do you ask?

The FRONT PAGE of the New York Times BROKE the story:

March 10, 2008

Perhaps you'd like to read the post to which you replied and specify where what you posted disagrees with what I posted.

Guest The Truth
Sure. Why do you ask?

Perhaps you'd like to read the post to which you replied and specify where what you posted disagrees with what I posted.

All of it:

The newspaper of March 10 had the story with the reference to his party. Go get your copy at the library.

Guest Earth to 2 Smart
Better go out and get some air, Fox broke the story on the evening of 3/9. All the leftist news outlets (NY Slimes) were

forced to cover it after that. If Fox hadn't covered it, it would have been buried by the Loonies.

'NYT' Spitzer Scoop Followed 'Intense Weekend Of Work'

You have no basis in fact for that statement. Although I know I shouldn't argue with someone who misrepresents in furtherance of a political agenda, your statements have to be challenged. Fox was nowhere near this story. Here's how the New York Times did it; it also means the New York Times will likely get a Pulitzer for the story:

By Joe Strupp

Published: March 11, 2008 1:55 PM ET

NEW YORK The New York Times was apparently one of the few news outlets in Albany that had been pursuing Gov. Eliot Spitzer's ties to a prostitution ring that was busted last week.

When asked if Spitzer's office had requested the paper to hold off on the story, Managing Editor Jill Abramson told E&P today, "I am not going to talk about that."

Several Albany bureau chiefs admitted that they had no inkling that the governor was about to be connected to a prostitute before Monday's blockbuster scoop by the Times.

"It is not something we were hearing," said Newsday Albany bureau chief James T. Madore. "It is my sense that a lot of this emanated from the Thursday arrest. Obviously, you'd like to have it, it is a very important story, but I did not know about it until yesterday."

Jay Gallagher, head of Gannett's Albany bureau, also had little advance notice. "We knew about that prostitution ring, but we had not chased it hard. We had not heard anything about the governor. He seemed to be the least likely guy."

Adds Fred Dicker, state editor of the New York Post, "within state government, there wasn't a strong sense of this going on," although he contends "there were rumors around that the federal investigation was touching high public office."

After several days of reporting, the Times broke the story Monday on its Web site, a scandal that is expected to eventually oust Spitzer from office. Times reporters first heard about a possible Spitzer link on Friday, a day after the federal arrests of four people linked to the prostitution ring.

"That began an intense weekend of work that culminated in our publishing a story on our Web site yesterday afternoon," Abramson told E&P Tuesday. "The entire metro desk has been engaged in this."

Metro editor Joe Sexton, among the lead editors on the coverage, said the paper began pursuing a Spitzer link almost immediately after the arrests occurred. "We've been working for four days, from the moment the affidavit was unsealed and there were arrests on Thursday," he said.

Abramson and Sexton declined to offer specifics about the reporting, but indicated it was as involved as any major story. "There was a ton of good reporting," Abramson said.

With Executive Editor Bill Keller out of the country on Monday, having traveled to Paris for a visit to the International Herald Tribune, Abramson was the lead editor in New York for the Times. She said she had no hesitation about breaking the story online.

"We were pursuing the story as best we could and we were determined to publish a story when it was ready. We had adequate confirmation," she said. "It is not only The New York Times, but our competitors, too, who have taken that position and will break stories on the Web."

The Times Union of Albany claims it had been pursuing the story since Friday as well, according to Editor Rex Smith. He said the paper had filed a freedom of information act request Monday morning, before the Times story broke, for Spitzer's travel records from the February dates on which he supposedly met the prostitute in Washington, D.C.

"It wasn’t until today that we were hearing some certainty to it," Jay Jochnowitz, Times Union state editor, said late Monday. "Another day or two, I think we would have had it even if the governor had not come clean."

Guest Guest

Let's see.

The feds were onto criminal activity by the Governor of New York.

The activity was something Spitzer had prosecuted relentlessly while he was New York's AG.

If Fox hadn't covered the story, no one would ever have known.

. . .

Yah.

Guest Guest
Better go out and get some air, Fox broke the story on the evening of 3/9.

Proof or shut the f*ck up. ;) Knowing what a scumbag liar you are, nothing you say can be trusted.

foxnews.com didn't touch it until the 10th, after the Times had already broken the story.

All of it:

The newspaper of March 10 had the story with the reference to his party. Go get your copy at the library.

:lol:

So, you're telling me that the online version could not have been temporarily changed to omit the reference to Spitzer's party because the print version of the newspaper included the reference to the party?

Truly you have a dizzying intellect, Truth Squid.

For an encore can you add two plus two to equal five?

Guest The Truth

:lol:

So, you're telling me that the online version could not have been temporarily changed to omit the reference to Spitzer's party because the print version of the newspaper included the reference to the party?

Truly you have a dizzying intellect, Truth Squid.

For an encore can you add two plus two to equal five?

I'm telling you the following:

1. The New York Times broke the story.

2. The New York Times identified him as a Democrat in the story, both on-line and in print.

3. The New York Times regularly identifies him as a Democrat, and has done many critical stories on the "Bulldozer" Democrat former Governor in the past year.

4. He was elected Governor of New York as a Democrat in November 2006.

5. You have to be fully unaware of politics to live in the metropolitan area and not know Spitzer is a Democrat.

6. Neither Fox nor the Wall Street Journal broke the story.

7. And, finally, I won't go to your level and respond to the petty comments, just facts from me.

I'm telling you the following:

1. The New York Times broke the story.

2. The New York Times identified him as a Democrat in the story, both on-line and in print.

3. The New York Times regularly identifies him as a Democrat, and has done many critical stories on the "Bulldozer" Democrat former Governor in the past year.

4. He was elected Governor of New York as a Democrat in November 2006.

5. You have to be fully unaware of politics to live in the metropolitan area and not know Spitzer is a Democrat.

6. Neither Fox nor the Wall Street Journal broke the story.

7. And, finally, I won't go to your level and respond to the petty comments, just facts from me.

So far as I can tell, none of your seven points conflicts with what I wrote. Yet we had the exchange below earlier in the thread (unless somebody's been borrowing your "account"?).

Bryan:

The Truth Squid:

All of it

Yet now it seems to be none of it.

Is it possible for you to coherently explain your behavior?